PDA

View Full Version : SNK Announces KOF: Maximum Impact for PS2

Vampyr
03-30-2004, 12:04 PM
WALL, N.J - March 29, 2004- SNK NEOGEO USA CONSUMER CORPORATION, the US publishing arm of the SNK NEOGEO CORPORATION, announced today the company is developing the first original THE KING OF FIGHTERS title for the PlayStation(R)2 computer entertainment system. KOF: MAXIMUM IMPACT will ship in Fall 2004 and is the first KOF title to be designed specifically for the PlayStation(R)2, rather than being based on any existing SNK arcade version.

THE KING OF FIGHTERS is one of the most popular fighting game series in video games since its inception in 1994, and KOF: MAXIMUM IMPACT will truly be one of the most revolutionary chapters in this franchise's storied history. The launch of KOF: MAXIMUM IMPACT represents the first time a THE KING OF FIGHTERS game will be in 3D!

KOF: MAXIMUM IMPACT will feature the most popular KOF characters such as Terry Bogard and Kyo Kusanagi all rendered in 3D. The game will also feature several brand new characters to the franchise and a wide assortment of detailed battlegrounds and fighting maneuvers.

"THE KING OF FIGHTERS franchise is one of the anchor franchises of the SNK product line," said Ben Herman, SNK NEOGEO USA CONSUMER CORPORATION President. "We're confident that KOF fans worldwide will be very excited about this great evolution for the series."

That's cool I guess.

Dyne
03-30-2004, 12:27 PM
I've seen screens of this already. It looks like CRAP. Something like Tekken 4 crossed with that X-Men fighting game.

Let's pretend it never existed. Until at least they make it look good. :p

MuGen
03-30-2004, 02:36 PM
I dunno if your saying Tekken 4 looks horrible or whatnot, but Tekken 4 was a great game.

If in fact the 3d rendering of the characters look horrible, I can always stick to Marvel vs. Capcom 2 and SNK vs. Capcom 2 games. For my PS2.

However it will be an adventure to see these guys in 3d. But I highly doubt this new MAXIMUM IMPACT will do good in terms of sale.

Some of us (I, included) are just used to the ground breaking 2d fighting. Street Fighter EX Sux0rs, and I wish people would learn from that. LOL

Dyne
03-30-2004, 03:08 PM
I dunno if your saying Tekken 4 looks horrible or whatnot, but Tekken 4 was a great game.

The keyword for today was "cross." Remember, a positive and a negative make a negative. :p

Vampyr
04-01-2004, 12:12 PM
Hey, I have screen shots of the game.

View them while you can. They are eating up valueable space on my webhosting service. In about a week I'm going to delete them.

http://home.graffiti.net/vampyr7/kofmi.zip

Vampyr
04-02-2004, 12:09 PM
WWW.KOFMI.COM to Be the Number One Source for Latest Info

WALL, NJ. – March 30, 2004 – SNK NEOGEO USA CONSUMER CORPORATION, the US publishing arm of the SNK NEOGEO CORPORATION, announced today the company has launched the official fan site for the first original THE KING OF FIGHTERS title for the PlayStation®2 computer entertainment system. WWW.KOFMI.COM will be the top source for new information about KOF: Maximum Impact, the first 3D version of one of the most popular fighting game series in the history of video games. The website will be stocked and constantly updated with new information, screenshots and movies for KOF: MAXIMUM IMPACT. Additionally, the website will be the spot where SNK will unveil brand new characters for the series.

MAXIMUM IMPACT will ship in Fall 2004 and is the first KOF title to be designed specifically for the PlayStation®2, rather than being based on any existing SNK KOF arcade edition.

“We recognize that the video game category is evolving. We’ve created KOF: Maximum Impact in recognition of that expansion, commented Ben Herman, SNK NEOGEO USA CONSUMER CORPORATION President. “Now our fans will be able to enjoy the best of both worlds. In addition to incredible 3D versions of many of our gaming franchises, we will continue to develop our 2D arcade licenses as well. With our announcement to begin development for the Sammy Atomiswave arcade system we are looking to advance our capabilities for our 2D fans. We will continue to develop the best games that we can for our loyal fan base- in both 2D and 3D.”

About SNK NEOGEO USA CONSUMER CORPORATION

Over the past 15 years, SNK has published classic arcade titles such as THE KING OF FIGHTERS, BASEBALL STARS, METAL SLUG, SAMURAI SHODOWN, and FATAL FURY on a wide variety of home gaming and handhelds systems. You can find more information about SNK NEOGEO USA CONSUMER CORPORATION games at http://www.snkneogeousaconsumer.com

bobcat
04-03-2004, 08:39 PM
Kof 3d.

Hmm I'm gonna "wait and c"

Blix
04-06-2004, 05:27 AM
Mai Shiranui... in... 3D?..... Anyways, I'm going to give it a chance. I know the game will just be a 2d fighter but made with Polygons and such but it all depends on how they pull if off. If they pull a SF EX it'll cost them. KOF is a series meant for 2D, I don't mind them giving 3D a try but if it suxs this better be the first and last try at it.