PDA

View Full Version : It's Official: Classic NES Series

GameMaster
03-30-2004, 12:03 AM
It's Official: Classic NES Series
All of the details on Nintendo's upcoming retro packs!
March 26, 2004 - It's been rumored and speculated on for weeks, but today Nintendo has exclusively revealed to us the details on the US equivelant of the Famicom Mini series.

The collection will be called Classic NES Series, and will begin as a limited edition NES Game Boy Advance SP as well as a line-up of eight classic games released during the Nintendo Entertainment System days of nearly 20 years ago.

The NES Game Boy Advance SP will feature a very unique color scheme that matches the original NES controller's look. It will, of course, play any Game Boy, Game Boy Color, and Game Boy Advance game.

Official art from Nintendo of America
http://pocketmedia.ign.com/pocket/image/nescollection_032604_000.jpg

Nintendo will release eight games for starters, all accurately emulating the NES games from the mid 80s: Donkey Kong, Pac-Man, The Legend of Zelda, Super Mario Bros., Excitebike, Ice Climber, Xevious, and Bomberman. Each game in the series will be priced at $19.99, and will be packaged in a standard Game Boy Advance box featuring the classic artwork of the original game.

"I mean, Donkey Kong and Pac-Man? These are, like, the best games ever," says Perrin "Mallrat" Kaplan, Nintendo of America's vice president, marketing and corporate affairs. "And if you aren't just dying to get your hands on the gnarly new Classic NES Limited Edition GBA SP, you're a total dweeb." Yep, that's a real quote, folks.

The games and system will launch on June 7th in the US.

Man, that GBA is sweet, I'm definately getting it. I don't know about the games though. Probably just Zelda since I never played that one.

Typhoid
03-30-2004, 12:52 AM
Im buyin that B!tch up, it sound pretty sweet. And GM, how could you have never played Zelda?

DeathsHand
03-30-2004, 01:27 AM
Looks like I'll finally be buying a GBA SP...

I dunno, $19.99 each sounds a bit steep for an NES port... You'd think they could stick all of them on one cartridge for that price (or maybe 30-35)... But I'll probably still pick up a couple of them :p

Dark Samurai
03-30-2004, 07:55 AM
That SP is mine but i wont be getting those games, until they bring it down to maybe $5.

Jonbo298
03-30-2004, 08:07 AM
Thats the SP I will get. The US finally gets something GOOD that the Japanese had also.

The Germanator
03-30-2004, 11:18 AM
I would have liked the Famicom looking GBA SP better because that design is cooler...Plus, those are some of the most generic NES games, I think Ice Climber is the only one I don't have. $20 is total rip-off too. Three cheers to more Nintendo re-releasing! Like I wasn't tired enough of it already... :distress:

Vampyr
03-30-2004, 11:27 AM
I dont own a GBA SP, but I finally found the one I wanted. I'll be getting this one. :D

The only game I want to own out of these is Pac-Man, because I have the first Mario, Donkey Kong, and the first Zelda. And I'm not interested in ice climbers or Excitebike.

Woohoo. Now all I need is some money, and I'll be sporting the coolest GBA ever. :cool:

Jonbo298
03-30-2004, 11:40 AM
Oh yeah, and I'll get Excitebike just because I loved that game back in the day.:cool:

Jason1
03-30-2004, 08:37 PM
Thats the SP I will get. The US finally gets something GOOD that the Japanese had also.

You mean you've gone this long without an SP! Shame on you.

Stonecutter
03-31-2004, 01:41 PM
If you drop $20 on ANY of those games besides Zelda, you're a ****ing moron, and deserve to be called one.

Typhoid
03-31-2004, 07:56 PM
Why? there are other games besides Zelda that are worth $20. Exitebike, Mario (any of them) there all pretty good.

-And i just want to say that i take pride in the fact that this generation(i cant remember what it is) will probably be the first to play video games from the Cradle to the Grave...(phylosophically, of course)

The Germanator
03-31-2004, 08:05 PM
Why? there are other games besides Zelda that are worth $20. Exitebike, Mario (any of them) there all pretty good.

-And i just want to say that i take pride in the fact that this generation(i cant remember what it is) will probably be the first to play video games from the Cradle to the Grave...(phylosophically, of course)

I dunno, because you could probably get a Nintendo for $20, then those other games for less than $5 each.

They made videogames based off Cradle to the Grave? Did DMX do his own voice?

Stonecutter
04-01-2004, 12:25 AM

Go play exitebike for 20 minutes and tell me you'd really be willing to drop an Andrew Jackson to continue the experience. I'll grab zelda, and if they ever released it, I'd grab adventures of link too, but it's still bull****. They should be releasing that japan only zelda with the 16 bit graphics. That would be worth 30.

If you check out the comments on PGC you'll see that there are rumors that NOA had to presure NCL to release them for 20 and not 30. Too bad for NCL, people would have bought them at 30 anyway.