PDA

View Full Version : My Computer is Spoiled by Broadband

Jonbo298
03-28-2004, 07:48 AM
ominub/hero2 can back me up on this.

I took my computer to hero2's house last night to LAN up for some gaming. Everything is going fine with my computer. Then after a freeze up, I have to hit the reset button. Comes back up, BUT now the icons take an insanely long time to showup and Norton firewall does in the system tray also. I tinkered around for awhile, got nowehre on why it started happening all of a sudden. Eventually I disabled everything that starts up (just progs in sys tray). STILL takes a long time to show me the icons even though I can see the wallpaper. Eventually I just give up and let it take the long time to show.

So I get home about an hour ago or so, hook everything back up including my cable and voila, the computer loads everything like nothing ever happened. I think my computer is spoiled:(

Happydude
03-28-2004, 10:59 AM
i had the exact same problem with my BroadBand before...was it a DSL connection?

anyway, the problem got fixed when we got router, the D-Link DI-614+.

Jonbo298
03-28-2004, 08:47 PM
Mine is cable

Happydude
03-28-2004, 09:50 PM
but your comp is normal now, right?

you said it was screwy when u were at the lan party thing, right? was the connection there DSL?

Jonbo298
03-28-2004, 10:39 PM
Yeah, its acting "normal" but I think I need to defrag the thing. Diskeeper said its 25% fragmented:(

And at hte LAN party there wasnt even a connection online. Just 4 computers hooked up to each other (Hero2 is too cheap to get broadband:p)

edit, I checked Diskeeper again and its actually 41% fragmented:Puke: I MUST defrag

Happydude
03-29-2004, 12:14 AM
yeah...i need to defrag mine....havent done that in...oh...about 2 years :unsure:

ominub
03-29-2004, 12:30 AM
Only wimps Defrag there PCs hahahahaha :)

GiMpY-wAnNaBe
04-03-2004, 02:01 AM
and only wimps don't have to reformat on a monthly basis :)