PDA

View Full Version : FFXI impressions

TheGame
03-25-2004, 05:05 PM
"Due to Vampyr's stupidity, this thread is out of order for the moment."

- Vampy

Due to Vampyr's mistake, you aren't getting a stinking review, go to IGN ;)... just know this much I bought the game, loved it, and it works just fine on 56k... this is officially now a Ask questions thread.. I'll go as deep as you want
-TheGame

ominub
03-25-2004, 05:08 PM
I have armor that looks like crap right now but when I get full AF I will post a pic of me :)

Ginkasa
03-25-2004, 05:20 PM
What all would someone have to buy to play it on the PS2? How much would it cost?

I know the game and hard drive are $100... The network adapter too, right? How much does that cost?

Is there a fee I would have to pay just to have my PS2 online enabled? If so, how much is that?

And just the PlayOnline stuff is $13 a month right?

*really wants to play...preferably on the PC...but doesn't really a PC easily accessible that could handle it......*

*sigh*

*shrugs and walks away*

Vampyr
03-25-2004, 05:21 PM
Oh ****. I accidently edited the games post trying to reply.

I am so freaking sorry man. I accidently hit the edit button without paying attention. damn. damn. I clicked the back button but I must have hit something after I edited it, because I cant get it back.

Jonbo298
03-25-2004, 05:23 PM
Oh ****. I accidently edited the games post trying to reply.

oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo, not good.

TheGame
03-25-2004, 05:25 PM
LOL, you are lucky I'm in a good mood... I should be ripping you head off :p

Vampyr
03-25-2004, 05:28 PM
LOL, you are lucky I'm in a good mood... I should be ripping you head off :p

I dont blame you. That was a great review and all I wanted to do was ask a question. *cry's*

I just about had a heart attack when I saw what I did. I'm really really sorry. If you want to retype it...then please do...
:(

TheGame
03-25-2004, 05:31 PM
lol... no way I'm retyping all that... I'll give the impressions thread I made in the other forum, maybe, or just I dunno. :D

The funny part is I almost did that to many people but never went through with it.

Vampyr
03-25-2004, 05:34 PM
lol... no way I'm retyping all that... I'll give the impressions thread I made in the other forum, maybe, or just I dunno. :D

The funny part is I almost did that to many people but never went through with it.

The buttons are like right next to each other! :mad:

Ive ALMOST done this like a hundred times. I accidently did it to Null once, but I was able to recover his post. The buttons look almost the same, and are right beside each other.

I'm still really sorry. :( I lavished a bunch of rep upon you though.

TheGame
03-25-2004, 05:38 PM
What all would someone have to buy to play it on the PS2? How much would it cost?

A HDD ($100), Network Adapter ($30), Keyboard ($20 optional, but required if you want to have fun with others)

And if you want you can get a Mouse...

The Monthly fee is $13, and starts the second month, with Playonline you get much more than just FFXI though.

Unless you use AOL, getting online with your Ps2 will be free aside froom the chargs I posted.

TheGame
03-25-2004, 05:40 PM
The buttons are like right next to each other! :mad:

Ive ALMOST done this like a hundred times. I accidently did it to Null once, but I was able to recover his post. The buttons look almost the same, and are right beside each other.

I'm still really sorry. :( I lavished a bunch of rep upon you though.

lol, the edit button should be moved. I'm not worried about it though, honest mistake... like I said, you got me on a very good day :)

Vampyr
03-25-2004, 05:43 PM
A HDD ($100), Network Adapter ($30), Keyboard ($20 optional, but required if you want to have fun with others)

And if you want you can get a Mouse...

The Monthly fee is $13, and starts the second month, with Playonline you get much more than just FFXI though.

Unless you use AOL, getting online with your Ps2 will be free aside froom the chargs I posted.

Woah. That's a lot cheaper than I thought it was. I looked up a keyboard and network adapter on amazon and they were both twice the price what you listed. So, that's about 150 dollars all together...At the end of this school year, I recieve a check in the mail for 250 dollars for being a TA in my high school's geometry class. I'm going to be able to get this game and have 100 bucks left. :D

*runs to feedback thread to curse about the edit button*

oh,and thanks for you most generous forgivness. :bowdown:

Crono
03-25-2004, 10:30 PM
Well now that I have an image taking program I can take real pics without that dark copyrighted stuff. So here are fresh pics from just a few hours ago. Most are battle pics, so it'll give you an idea of what battle is like, kind of. The third is me dead (a Goblin Smithy jumped me...), the 4th is my equipment/stats window, and last is one of the summons.

Bond
03-25-2004, 10:36 PM
Remember, each image you attach makes GT poorer and poorer and poorer.

Crono
03-25-2004, 10:38 PM

Well those are the only ones I will post. But take them out if you want to.

Bond
03-25-2004, 10:38 PM
I was just kidding...

Crono
03-25-2004, 10:40 PM
I was just kidding...
Well I think you said it before so I thought you were seriously. But oh well, heh.

The Germanator
03-25-2004, 10:45 PM
I was just kidding...

Eh, you're just upset because Vandy got smacked around tonight...

Probably shouldn't have said that...Bad karma...St.Joe's is going to get killed now.. :(

Bond
03-25-2004, 10:55 PM
I hope you like my new avatar Germy. :)

Jonbo298
03-25-2004, 11:14 PM

I like Germy's Avatar *is mesmerized*

The Germanator
03-26-2004, 02:22 AM

Haha, very funny, well it didn't work tonight! Elite Eight! whee!

Hero2
03-26-2004, 05:41 AM
The pics arnt that bad geeze =-D

TheGame
03-30-2004, 02:37 PM
Here are some new pics of my guy up close... The robe gear is nice, but I hate the gay looking cut open shirt armor, look like an Al Bhed in it.

Vampyr
04-02-2004, 01:40 AM
I have a Question, TheGame.

What kind of keyboard did you get for the PS2, and where did you find it?! I've been searching on the web and I cant find one. :\

Also, I have the same question, only about a dial up modem adapter.

Jonbo298
04-02-2004, 02:01 AM
I have a Question, TheGame.

What kind of keyboard did you get for the PS2, and where did you find it?! I've been searching on the web and I cant find one. :\

Also, I have the same question, only about a dial up modem adapter.

I can give an answer that TheGame could back me up on.

I've heard that you can use any USB Keyboard on the PS2 as long as it doesnt have many freaky assed keys.

Vampyr
04-02-2004, 11:51 AM
I can give an answer that TheGame could back me up on.

I've heard that you can use any USB Keyboard on the PS2 as long as it doesnt have many freaky assed keys.

Hmm. Ok. Where exactly does the keyboard on a PS2 plug in at?

Jonbo298
04-02-2004, 12:02 PM
As long as its a USB Keyboard, just plug it into the USB port on the front left side of the PS2:p

Vampyr
04-02-2004, 12:18 PM
As long as its a USB Keyboard, just plug it into the USB port on the front left side of the PS2:p

Oh, ok thanks. lol. I just wasnt sure where the USB port was located at.

I was hoping I could use my old keyboard from my old computer, but it isnt a USB keyboard. :( Oh well...Guess I'll have to buy one.

Jonbo298
04-02-2004, 12:33 PM
I think they have converters for PS/2 to USB but I'm not sure on compatibility issues:unsure:

Vampyr
04-02-2004, 09:56 PM
New Question: If I get this game, and I START by entering a Credit Card number, can I change before the first month is up to a debit card payment method?

Jonbo298
04-02-2004, 10:03 PM
Should be able to. Just look for the Customer Service number for FFXI and go from there. Shouldn't be much effort to change the billing plan.

Crono
04-02-2004, 11:35 PM
New Question: If I get this game, and I START by entering a Credit Card number, can I change before the first month is up to a debit card payment method?

Payment methods can be changed at any time, as long as the new info you put in is valid.

Vampyr
04-04-2004, 11:49 AM
Murphy's Law: "Anything that can go wrong, will go wrong."

Ok, let me describe my day yesterday. I went to the nearest university to my house yesterday and took the ACT. (Yesterday was a national test date). I had to get up at 5:45 PM to go take the test. After taking it, I went to wal-mart to seek the game. I bought it for the PS2, along with a network adapter. Then I needed a keyboard. I couldnt find a USB keyboard ANYWHERE. I ended up finding one in this little computer store for $25.

I come home, and run a phone line to my room and install my new 40gig harddrive and my network adapter. I plug everything up, then begin to install PlayOnline. It works perfectly (even though it took like 3 hours.) Then I click the "install" button in the POL navigator, and install the other DVD it came with...the FFXI one.

Then I go to "game", and click "FFXI". I purchase a content ID. Then I click "play". It tells me I need to download updates. So I start to download them. When it is "preparing system to update", it completes, but IMMEDIATLY after it completes this, a window pops up and says "error (insert number here)". It tells me that the network is busy, or that I have communication problems, or my settings arent correct. I know that my hardware is working, because I can connect to the internet and everything on my PS2. I think my settings are right...I dont know what I could do to change it.

So right now I am reinstalling the FFXI disc. If this doesnt work, I guess I'll have to use 3 more hours to install Play Online.

And I have a few questions:
1. How do I create two handles on one member ID on playonline?

2. World Pass? anyone? lol

Jonbo298
04-04-2004, 12:17 PM
ominub can provide a world pass. He has enough money to do it:p

And you should be able to create 2 profiles in FFXI. Just I think its $1 more a month for each other character you make.

Vampyr
04-04-2004, 12:27 PM
ominub can provide a world pass. He has enough money to do it:p

And you should be able to create 2 profiles in FFXI. Just I think its $1 more a month for each other character you make.

Heh...I just didnt want to ask ominub because I got one off of him a while back for a friend of mine.

And I know how to create more FFXI accounts, I want to me able to create more PlayOnline accounts, with the same ID.

Oh, and I reinstalled the FFXI disc. It still doesnt work. :mad:

grrrrrr. I dunno what to do.

Ginkasa
04-04-2004, 12:27 PM
I asked my dad if he'll buy FFXI for me... He said to wait until (last) Thursday for him to decide. I call him and he says that he needs to gets some checks or something or other before he decides and he doesn't know when that'll be -_-

I hate it when parents (or anyone else) do that...

*shrugs and walks away*

Jonbo298
04-04-2004, 05:20 PM
Heh...I just didnt want to ask ominub because I got one off of him a while back for a friend of mine.

And I know how to create more FFXI accounts, I want to me able to create more PlayOnline accounts, with the same ID.

Oh, and I reinstalled the FFXI disc. It still doesnt work. :mad:

grrrrrr. I dunno what to do.

I doubt ominub not give you one. He's played so much he should have the money to give ya, heh. Just ask...he'll reply eventually:sneaky:

But ummm...im not sure on creating more Playonline accts unfortunately:(

Hero2
04-04-2004, 05:40 PM
Murphy's Law: "Anything that can go wrong, will go wrong."

And I have a few questions:
1. How do I create two handles on one member ID on playonline?

2. World Pass? anyone? lol

1. If you create a new charactor it will ask if you want to link it to a new handle.

2. When do you need it. If ominub doesnt, Ill get one for you I just have to walk back to bastok :(

*Edit* Oh yea almost forgot Just post in the FFXI usergroup will help you out with any question.

Crono
04-04-2004, 06:12 PM
Vampyr, Ill get you your world pass, Im so glad you got the game. :)

Vampyr
04-05-2004, 07:13 AM
Vampyr, Ill get you your world pass, Im so glad you got the game. :)

I'm really glad too. :)

But I cant get it to work. I think my connection is too slow to get the updates. :mad:

I'm calling tech support tonight, and if that doesnt work, A friend offered to let me come over to her house to let me use her slightly faster connection. *sigh*. I'll see what I can do.

Crono
04-05-2004, 10:02 AM

But I cant get it to work. I think my connection is too slow to get the updates. :mad:

I'm calling tech support tonight, and if that doesnt work, A friend offered to let me come over to her house to let me use her slightly faster connection. *sigh*. I'll see what I can do.

Okay, tell me when you're ready. A World Pass lasts 5 days so I'll buy it tonight, after I talk to you on AIM.

Jonbo298
04-05-2004, 10:12 AM

Take the offer. Don't piss ass around getting the updates on dialup. At it, go steal her connection and run the cable to your house

Null
04-05-2004, 10:23 AM
I accidently did it to Null once, but I was able to recover his post.

ohhhhh thats it! you gunna pay for that one little man!!

:p

Crono
04-05-2004, 02:13 PM
World: Phoenix
Password: 0907270537
Days Until it Expires: 6

The world name and password is entered on the same screen that you chose your character's name on.

Vampyr
04-05-2004, 07:51 PM
World: Phoenix
Password: 0907270537
Days Until it Expires: 6

The world name and password is entered on the same screen that you chose your character's name on.

ooooh. I better work fast. I need to be operational within 6 days.

ohhhhh thats it! you gunna pay for that one little man!!

Lol. It was on the GT4 thread, I believe. heh.

Take the offer. Don't piss ass around getting the updates on dialup. At it, go steal her connection and run the cable to your house

Well, her connection isnt that fast. :\ We both have dial up, but for some reason her connection is twice as fast as mine.

And I've been thinking...I have PC Repair first block in the morning, and my teacher is a pretty cool guy who loves video games. I have this lurking suspicion he would let me bring in my PS2 and hook it up and download the updates. lol. I just need to memorize the keystrokes because there isnt a TV in his room. One incorrect button would mess the whole thing up.

But, he has plenty of spare Ethernet cables...so it would be no problem hooking the thing up. tee hee. I might do this if Tech support cant help me....and I have a feeling that they cant.

Crono
04-07-2004, 11:17 PM
Hey, just thought I'd share these group pictures.
Ominub = Ominub
Valdeaux = Crono
Amirnol = DarkMaster
Vivec = TheGame

Unfortunately Hero2 wasn't able to be in the pics at the time, and for Rndm, God knows.

The Germanator
04-07-2004, 11:29 PM
Hey, just thought I'd share these group pictures.
Ominub = Ominub
Valdeaux = Crono
Amirnol = DarkMaster
Vivec = TheGame

Unfortunately Hero2 wasn't able to be in the pics at the time, and for Rndm, God knows.

Absolutely adorable. :love:

Hero2
04-07-2004, 11:42 PM
damn I miss the group pic. I missed my Linkshells pic too. damn work ohh well Ill just have to photoshop myself in later once I get better armor. =-D

TheGame
04-12-2004, 04:05 PM
lol, I should have sat on the other side of Ominub... the pic goes from tallest to shortest. :p