PDA

View Full Version : Mem. Card 1019

Jonbo298
03-24-2004, 02:05 PM
It seems, almost logically, that as games get better their memory card usage increases. While not always the case a lot of games are now requiring a lot of memory card space.

Originally Nintendo released the Memory Card 251 to counter this, but there are still problems for people with some games. But fret not, Nintendo have a solution.

Nintendo are to release a memory card with 1019 memory card 'blocks' so you can save any game on them. While no official price or release dates have been announced it will probably be shown at E3 and released shortly after, if not before.

http://www.cube-europe.com/news.php?nid=6281

I dont care about the source just to let you know ahead of time.

But good thing for Ninty. They need a larger then 251 just because its easy to fill up a 251 now.

Dark Samurai
03-24-2004, 02:43 PM
Impressive.

DeathsHand
03-24-2004, 02:53 PM
Gee golly, maybe they just should have released that in the first place...

thatmariolover
03-24-2004, 03:14 PM
Gee golly, maybe they just should have released that in the first place...

Indeed. However, I think the two Interact ones I've had for years should keep me satisfied. They've never failed me yet.

Joeiss
03-24-2004, 04:18 PM
How many MB's is that? 8?

thatmariolover
03-24-2004, 07:00 PM
How many MB's is that? 8?

Yeah, it's an 8MB (64Mb) card.

Joeiss
03-24-2004, 07:31 PM
Why didn't Nintendo just do that from the start, then?

Dyne
03-24-2004, 07:34 PM
Indeed. However, I think the two Interact ones I've had for years should keep me satisfied. They've never failed me yet.

Don't say that. They have and DO die. They will die on you. It happened to me, it happened to many others I know. It erks me when people say they have confidence in those pieces of crap..

GameMaster
03-24-2004, 08:08 PM
My 251 is just fine, if they offer to exchange it for the 1019 for absolute free though I'll go ahead and do it.

DimHalo
03-24-2004, 08:13 PM
My card is doing fine for me now. I haven't filled it up and it hasn't crashed on me. Of course, I've only had it for about 9 months.

thatmariolover
03-24-2004, 08:18 PM
Don't say that. They have and DO die. They will die on you. It happened to me, it happened to many others I know. It erks me when people say they have confidence in those pieces of crap..

Actually it was a manufacturing error. If your cards don't screw up on you within a month or so, they generally never will. Seriously. Interact acknowledged that there was a problem, but also stated that about half of the cards they made around the time of the problem don't have any issues. I seem to be one of the lucky.

That's not to say I don't back up my most precious of saves on an official card. But I've never had any problems and I don't expect to.

Dyne
03-24-2004, 08:27 PM
Nah, mine died on me after a year. Right before Christmas, too. That's not a happy feeling. I couldn't save Mario Kart for 5 days until I got another card.

Jason1
03-24-2004, 08:46 PM

Alright that just isnt true. Ive had my Interact Mega memory card for almost 2 years and ive never had any problems whatsoever. As ive stated countless times around here, best 30 bucks ive ever spent. Now im not saying some of you havent had problems, im just saying that I never have, and therefore have no reason to believe that there is anything wrong with Interact's cards. So dont say that they ALWAYS die because obviously this just isnt the case.

Dyne
03-24-2004, 09:02 PM
Alright that just isnt true. Ive had my Interact Mega memory card for almost 2 years and ive never had any problems whatsoever. As ive stated countless times around here, best 30 bucks ive ever spent. Now im not saying some of you havent had problems, im just saying that I never have, and therefore have no reason to believe that there is anything wrong with Interact's cards. So dont say that they ALWAYS die because obviously this just isnt the case.

Give me a ring in ten years. If your memory card still works, then go on praising third party memory cards. You will be until one dies on you. :p

Hero2
03-24-2004, 09:36 PM
Ive never trused thrid party memory cards or controlers since my buddie had a thrid party controler blow the first port on his N64 and no one would help nintendo told him "too bad" and the thrid party devoper told him the same thing. At least when its the consule makers stuff thell do something about it....maby

thatmariolover
03-24-2004, 10:08 PM

Exactly. I've owned two since the week they came out and mine are still functioning perfdectly.

But still, Dyne, I'll try your email in 10 years and tell you how they're working.

Jason1
03-24-2004, 11:07 PM
After 10 years, who cares if they are working or not. By then we'll see the successor to the successor of the Gamecube running around, and I doubt my Cube will be getting any playing time, that is If I even have it anymore. All I know is mine is working fine now and if it's still working fine when I quit using it I just cant diss on the mem card. Simple as that.

Stonecutter
03-25-2004, 12:10 AM
Gee golly, maybe they just should have released that in the first place....

Canyarion
03-25-2004, 06:09 AM
My first party N64 memory card died on me. :( My own stupid fault, I always inserted and ejected it while the N64 was turned on. :p

Blix
04-01-2004, 02:02 AM
I am not going to buy another GC Memory card ever. Thank that to the USB one I bought from lik-sang.com
. I'll just make back ups to open space up if I ever need to.