PDA

View Full Version : Got the game and got a little play last night: Impressions/info

TheGame
03-24-2004, 12:43 PM
Well... my EBGames got the game in last night, and I'm very happy to say that next time I sit down to play, no downloads (unless there is another update :eek:)

I started the set up process at 10:30, and was online and in the world by 12:30. On a 56k connection... I owe the 2 hour wait to the confusing and super long regestration process instead of the downloads. The two big downloads combined for 1hr of the set up time, that leaves an hour for jumping through hoops to get the game started.

Even with watching this game closely for months, I was very suprised by how confusing the controls are... after moving around a bit and taking a second look at the manual I 'understand' the controls now even though I'm the last person you can count on for a split second decision ;)

Right not my info is as follows:
Name-Vivec (lord Vivec to you)
Home-Bastok
Class-MNK lvl6
Race-Hume, small
Face-Bald guy with Brown facial hair
Server-Phoenix (thanks DM)
E-Mail: kmonkmon@pol.com

I have quite a bit of HW to do today, this game is incentive to finish it faster. I'll most likely be on around 3:00PM today til about five, and then back on about 9:00PM til the early hours of tomorrow if I enjoy it that much :p

If you want to drop by and give me a few million gil I won't mind ;)... a hello would be cool to (not as cool though ;))

ominub
03-24-2004, 02:06 PM
I will stop and say Hello lol but thats about it Im a poor basterd right now :)

TheGame
03-24-2004, 02:18 PM
lol, it's cool.

I was wondering about somthing though...

In the short time I was on late at night I got a ton of invites to join Link Shells. Do you think it's wise to join off the bat like that or should I wait and see who I like?

ominub
03-24-2004, 02:38 PM
hmm not sure I know that I didnt get a LS til like lvl 23 lol its your choice really. You dont have to be in the same LS forever.

TheGame
03-24-2004, 02:46 PM
it's almost like these guys were trying to build a n00b army ;)

Hero2
03-24-2004, 04:43 PM
If i see ya ill give you some gil im in bastok now ill be on around 1AM central.

Happydude
03-24-2004, 04:58 PM
*sigh* i hate u guys...

Hero2
03-24-2004, 05:25 PM
just tell your parents that an internet guru that works for americas leading ISP told you that is safe to send your CC information over FF secrue line. and make up some more BS. or I can send you an email from earthlink support team saying its safe that way it looks offical.

you PM me with what you want in the email and ill send it. =-D

Happydude
03-24-2004, 05:37 PM
that's not going to work...my parents just suck! :p

Crono
03-24-2004, 10:26 PM
Also I'd like to inform everyone that TheGame's name is no longer "Freakzilla", but is now Vivec.

Happydude
03-24-2004, 11:04 PM
Vivec? lol...why would you name yourself Vivec?

ominub
03-25-2004, 01:03 AM
Vivec? lol...why would you name yourself Vivec?
Maybe because Freakzilla is stupid and Vivec was the only other name that wasnt stupid lol

Happydude
03-25-2004, 10:30 AM
Freakzilla is a hella cool name :p

TheGame
03-25-2004, 11:15 AM
lol happydude... the reason I changed it is because it didn't fit my character, if I was a Galka I wouldn't have changed it though ;)

The Reason I picked Vivec is he's the most powerful character in the game Morrowind... I had more than 20 people stop me yesterday and ask if I played Morrowind (or assumed that I played it). As long as my name had an effect on some people it's all good. :)

Happydude
03-25-2004, 12:28 PM
morrowind is teh r0x0rz.....and i could probably own vivec with 1-3 hits :p

TheGame
03-25-2004, 01:02 PM
Vivec would have to have a bad lapse instrategy or you would have had to spent a LONG time playing the game (or use glitches ;)) if you can beat him in one hit :p

I talked to and met Crono, talked to Ominub, and talked to DM a little... anybody else at GT on a lot?

Happydude
03-25-2004, 01:22 PM
well, ive beaten the Tribunal expansion...so that gave me a few levels :)

but thats not what would let me beat him that fast...i got a Black Hand dagger (i think thats what it's called) from the Morag Tong guildmaster (which is what i am now :p) and it drains health for 30 seconds :p, so far i havent found anybody (exept those bastards with magic resist) who didn't die from 1-2 hits :p

but anyway...back to FFXI, i want it soooo bad!!!! lol...anyone have any news on the prepaid play card things? when they coming out...if ever...

TheGame
03-25-2004, 01:40 PM
Happydude... if you want you can get a bank account with Bank of America and have a Debit card in the mail within a few days. Just keep enough dough in the bank to pay the monthly fee. I think for the first month the up front charge with $3 or somthing, and next month it will be $13 per month.

If you are getting it for Ps2, PLEASE get a keyboard, I saw one too many "silent" players who are going to have problems as soon as they start partying.

Happydude
03-25-2004, 03:15 PM
i want the PC version, and i live in Canada...and i have a debit card, but you need a CC to sign up (at least i needed one a few months back when the game just came out)

TheGame
03-25-2004, 03:24 PM
I have a Debit card and got on just fine... does your have the Visa or Mastercard logo on it?

Vampyr
03-25-2004, 05:13 PM
I am getting this game at the beginning of summer, and I plan to use a debit card. Normally I couldnt do this, but students at my high school can have debit cards and a checking account for free at this particular bank in my town.

Now about signing up with a credit card...TheGame said he just used his debit card without needing a credit card at all...is this true for all debit cards? I think my parents would let me use their credit card to sign up, as long as nothing was charged to it, I just need to confirm this.

TheGame
03-25-2004, 05:18 PM
Well, as long as it has the Visa or Mastercard symbol on it it will work. Oh, and remember you have to use the 3 numbers on back (by where you sign your name) too.

Happydude
03-25-2004, 11:34 PM
no, mine is a normal card..no symbols on it.

TheGame
03-29-2004, 11:24 AM
that's why it doesn't work happydude :p (and if it doesn't have the logo I thought it doesn't classify as a Debit card). Anyway, ask your bank to give you one with the Visa or Mastercard logo, or change banks.

Happydude
03-29-2004, 11:31 AM
i think it's different here in canada :unsure:

anyway, any word about the pre paid cards or whatever?

TheGame
03-29-2004, 11:38 AM
do you think your parents will let you have a full credit card? Having a small bill like FFXI would help build credit, but don't screw it over by spending on other things lol.

I really don't know what to say... I took the easy route with Bank of America, you may have to talk to Crono or DM for heal in Canada though. sorry :(

Happydude
04-02-2004, 12:26 AM
i tried applying for a CC, i didnt get accepted because i dont get paid much...

as for my parents, they dont trust the internet...they claim it's way to dangerous...go figure...