PDA

View Full Version : Pokémon Colosseum Reviews

GameMaster
03-23-2004, 02:45 AM
8.0 Presentation
Connectivity could have used a bit more focus, but overall Nintendo really knows how to show off its bazillion pocket monsters in the brightest light.
7.0 Graphics
Great Pokemon animation during the battles, smoothly flowing camera angles, and a wonderful art style...hurt only by some really bad human character models and some undefined textures.
7.0 Sound
Great orchestrations during much of the battles and adventuring, but the sound effects of the creatures are a huge step backwards.
7.0 Gameplay
The adventure's just a little too linear, but at least the battle's are designed around the excellent two-on-two structure of the GBA versions.
9.0 Lasting Appeal
The ability to link, battle and trade with the GBA version is enough to extend this design near indefinitely. Until, of course, the next big Pokemon adventure...
7.5 OVERALL:
(out of 10 / not an average)

9.2 Average Reader Score

Electronic Gaming Monthly
Put another Pikachu on the barbie. 7.0 5.0 7.0
scale: 1 - 10

OMFG! Everyone run out and grab your copy today! While supplies last! /sarcastic joke

Ok, so really, am I the only one who cares about Pokémon anymore? http://instagiber.net/smiliesdotcom/contrib/unknown/face82.gif http://instagiber.net/smiliesdotcom/contrib/unknown/face82.gif

Canyarion
03-23-2004, 08:18 AM
I care. But not enough to buy it. :p
So there is some kind of 3D RPG element in this game? :)

Dark Samurai
03-23-2004, 08:39 AM
Yes, yes there is.

Dyne
03-23-2004, 01:27 PM
My brother is getting it. It should be fun.

Blix
03-23-2004, 07:13 PM
Well, one would think it would've taken more time for them to make a really deep, big, true-to-the-gameboy-games and detailed game like that. The graphics really look like a Dream Cast (maybe first generation) game. But ofcourse, Pokemon's strenghts have never been in the graphics and/or sound but in the gameplay. We'll have to see if the gameplay is good. I'm not a pokemon fan so if I ever buy it it'll be after some months.

GameMaster
03-23-2004, 10:29 PM
Are there any good Gamecube games coming out shortly that I should wait for instead of this?

Dyne
03-24-2004, 12:44 AM
Not until June.. when a bunch are coming out.

Remember, it's dry season.

Typhoid
03-28-2004, 01:40 AM
You could always go for the gusto and bust out an old Pokemon game...just dust it off and play away

Jonbo298
03-28-2004, 07:34 AM
Ninty needs a Mario game and a 3D Pokemon RPG for the N5 (with a realistic Zelda coming 6 months later:D)

Vampyr
03-28-2004, 12:10 PM
Not until June.. when a bunch are coming out.

Remember, it's dry season.

It's a good thing too. I'm running low on funds. :(

I think I'm going to hit Ebay and try to get some GBA games I have missed during this "dry" season.

My birthday is in June for when the "wet" season hits. :D

viruscool
03-28-2004, 03:25 PM
Strange, in Europe the dry season is July - August, or were you guys being sarcastic?

Dyne
03-28-2004, 04:10 PM
Strange, in Europe the dry season is July - August, or were you guys being sarcastic?

Basically, winter/spring is wet because of Christmas, which is the big game sale time. We just ended our wet season. It's dry now. But sometimes summer brings good titles (like Madden and Mario Sunshine that one year.) But yeah, it's tradition. The last game we got when the gamecube first came out was Sonic Adventure 2: Battle, and it was a llooong time until June where ED was released, and where SFA was supposedly going to be released too.

viruscool
03-29-2004, 02:02 PM
Hehe over here it's even worse, we dont get any quality titles in this time!!

Dark Samurai
03-30-2004, 08:30 AM
You know, i played the demo at EB the other day.

The effects for the attacks are pretty, IMO, but not enough for me to buy it.