PDA

View Full Version : I got stuff on ebay

ZebraRampage
03-21-2004, 10:51 AM
Awesome, I just won The Legend of Zelda for NES. I used to have this system, but..it broke and I think my mom sold the games. I'm hoping to get an NES on ebay. I should eventually, people are constantly putting stuff on ebay. I'll need the zapper and duck hunt though. Anybody get anything on ebay recently?

GameMaster
03-21-2004, 11:46 AM
I bought the ever-so sought after Domo-Kun doll. And I also bought two Jim Carrey DVDs. eBay is fun. Good luck with your bidding and stuff. :)

The Germanator
03-21-2004, 12:10 PM
The most recent and only thing I ever bought off Ebay was my copy of the rare Tengen Tetris. In was in great condition with box and instructions and everything. If I'm buying something that is more readily available, I'm more inclined to use half.com because there is no bidding, of course Esnipe.com sort cheats so you usually win, but whatever.

DimHalo
03-21-2004, 12:34 PM
I bought a game, Pit, and a video card last semester. I recently sold my GameBoy Advance

MuGen
03-21-2004, 12:44 PM
I bought Taillights for my Honda Civic, and I also bought an Ekin Cheng DVD Twins Effect. I'm planning to buy an Arcade stick to go along with Third Strike, and Capcom vs. SNK 2

Hero2
03-21-2004, 04:46 PM
I just bought the complete "Cowby Bebop" and "Gundam Wing" DVD sets.

Jonbo298
03-21-2004, 07:51 PM
Most recent stuff bought was a belt clip holster for my cell, Incoming for Dreamcast, Autographed Stacy Keibler photo:D:D(legit, nothing fake) and an av switch since I have 3 consoles now:p

But for everything else I bought, just check out my feedback and click the link under items http://cgi2.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback&userid=jonbo298

ZebraRampage
03-21-2004, 09:42 PM
I won the NES too. It came with two controllers, a zapper, all the cables and wires needed to plug the system up, the system itself, and four games. Super Mario Bros./Duck Hunt(which is the main reason I wanted to get this system again), and three other games that I can't remember, but that I didn't. So now I have SMB/Duck Hunt, and LoZ for NES, AWESOME!

Jonbo298
03-21-2004, 09:45 PM
How much did you pay?

ZebraRampage
03-21-2004, 10:00 PM
How much did you pay?

$48.21

I was hoping for less, but so far that's the lowest I've seen an NES go for in the past few days. I got a lot of good stuff too, so it's not a total loss. Plus, my mom said that she's going to pay for it since this is what I get for my 16th birthday. My parents never gave me anything, and technically..they shouldn't have to give me something for not giving me anything on my birthday, I'm alright that they didn't. She insists though, so I'm not complaining.

Edit: $15.00 shipping

Jonbo298
03-21-2004, 10:14 PM
Not too bad for everything you got. +rep

Dyne
03-21-2004, 10:26 PM
$48.21

I was hoping for less, but so far that's the lowest I've seen an NES go for in the past few days. I got a lot of good stuff too, so it's not a total loss. Plus, my mom said that she's going to pay for it since this is what I get for my 16th birthday. My parents never gave me anything, and technically..they shouldn't have to give me something for not giving me anything on my birthday, I'm alright that they didn't. She insists though, so I'm not complaining.

Edit: $15.00 shipping

I guess I got a good deal for my NES when I got it.. I got LoZ, Metal Gear, Final Fantasy, Super Mario Bros/DuckHunt, Link's Adventure, Ultima, Defenders of the Crown, Karnov, Jeopardy, two controllers, two light guns, and the console. I spent $20 Canadian for everything.

It also had that blinking problem.. but I fixed it. I think there's a tutorial over at classic gaming that has similar steps to what I did. Fix it like me; you'll never have to worry about it again.

The Germanator
03-21-2004, 10:35 PM
The most recent NES I bought was the new style top loading one, but that was probably like 7 or 8 years ago. I think it was like $50 not sure...Great deal though, still works almost flawlessly more most games.

ZebraRampage
03-21-2004, 10:36 PM
I guess I got a good deal for my NES when I got it.. I got LoZ, Metal Gear, Final Fantasy, Super Mario Bros/DuckHunt, Link's Adventure, Ultima, Defenders of the Crown, Karnov, Jeopardy, two controllers, two light guns, and the console. I spent $20 Canadian for everything.

It also had that blinking problem.. but I fixed it. I think there's a tutorial over at classic gaming that has similar steps to what I did. Fix it like me; you'll never have to worry about it again.

That reminds me, this is what the description was..

This is the Original Nintendo, everything is properly cleaned inside/out and tested. This console works like new, no problems with flashing screens or games not playing. Comes with instruction on how to clean your old NES games so you have no future problems. I have professionally restored the 72-pin connector to work like new, and tested with 8 different NES cartridges. This system is in excellent condition.

So I won't have to worry about any problems with it.

Jonbo298
03-21-2004, 10:38 PM
Even better! He did quite a few things there *hopefully:p*

Remember, if you have problems, complain to him until he decides to repair it again for free:D

Dyne
03-21-2004, 10:39 PM
New connectors are less likely to work, actually.. the originals work best. I've talked to people about the problem at another forum who've tried replacing it and having it not work after bending them, but when they bent the originals, it worked perfectly.

DeathsHand
03-22-2004, 02:53 AM
I tried bending the pins in the NES I have (the same one I used as a wee child, never had the pin connector replaced) following that tutorial at classic gaming... First time I tried playing a game after doing it, it worked perfectly fine...

Took the game out, tried a different game, back to the blinking problem... Tried the game that worked perfectly before... Blink blink blink... kept trying, blink blink blink blink blink BLINK BLINK BLINK!!!!!.... So I gave up and tossed it on the floor...

ZebraRampage
04-02-2004, 05:11 PM
Well, I got it all..except, the cords that plug into the tv don't work. The screw part doesn't screw into my tv. Luckly I have a SNES, but I should probably email the guy. I'm glad that I can play Duck Hunt again though. :D

Jonbo298
04-02-2004, 05:14 PM
Yeah, email him. I had an issue where he (diff. person) said Expansion Pak included but it wasnt. So he made it up to me by depositing $10 into my paypal acct.

Canyarion
04-05-2004, 11:22 AM
Do they have pins in Europe? :(

thatmariolover
04-09-2004, 10:44 PM
I just did it... Perhaps a bit too tight... Or... WAY to tight...

*Sigh*

In all honesty, I made those buggers so damned tight I can hardly get games in or out.

Jonbo298
04-09-2004, 10:52 PM
I picked up some kick ass deals on some old school systems (Genesis, SNES, and NES)

(Genesis)
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=62054&item=3089706986&ssPageName=STRK:MEBWN:IT

(NES)
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=62054&item=3089751366&ssPageName=STRK:MEBWN:IT

(SNES)
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=62054&item=3090905801&ssPageName=STRK:MEBWN:IT

thatmariolover
04-10-2004, 12:18 PM
Wow. Pretty impressive shopping there. Hats off to you for getting a power glove...

The Germanator
04-10-2004, 12:52 PM
"The Power Glove, it's so bad" - Lucas from The Wizard

"Hey, you better keep your Power Glove off of her" - Fred Savage, protecting his love interest from The Wizard

thatmariolover
04-10-2004, 01:43 PM
"The Power Glove, it's so bad" - Lucas from The Wizard

"Hey, you better keep your Power Glove off of her" - Fred Savage, protecting his love interest from The Wizard

Mwahaha. I was just showing my friend The Wizard the other day. He had never seen it...

Ah... Good Times.

Jonbo298
04-20-2004, 03:23 PM
Got a Super Scope off eBay for $25 with everything included (even box and instruction manuals):D Man, how did I ever go without it. The only thing is that my eyes hurt after a bit because I have to keep one closed to get good aim at the screen.

and I'm also awaiting on a PowerPad with game included. Incase someone doesnt know what the powerpad is, its the thing you run in place on to make the guy on screen run. Kind of like DDR, except from the 80's:p

Typhoid
04-20-2004, 03:57 PM
Incase someone doesnt know what the powerpad is, its the thing you run in place on to make the guy on screen run. Kind of like DDR, except from the 80's:p

:WHOA:

Jonbo298
04-20-2004, 04:00 PM
Here's the auction for the powerpad for anyone who can't get a visual of the powerpad.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=3605&item=3091433705&ssPageName=STRK:MEBWN:IT

The Germanator
04-20-2004, 04:48 PM
I still have my PowerPad. Track and Field rules. You definitely get a good work out on that thing. You know how to cheat on the long jump, right? Jump off the pad, then your chracter will go flying until you step onto the pad...Instant win most of the time, heh. Playing with your hands will also get you quicker times...But cheating is no fun. :sneaky:

Dyne
04-20-2004, 06:47 PM
Got a Super Scope off eBay for $25 with everything included (even box and instruction manuals):D Man, how did I ever go without it. The only thing is that my eyes hurt after a bit because I have to keep one closed to get good aim at the screen.

"Keep both eyes open."

</Pocahontas>

Jonbo298
04-20-2004, 07:21 PM
"Keep both eyes open."

</Pocahontas>

Tried it. 'tis a little hard to do with glasses on:p

Typhoid
04-20-2004, 07:52 PM
Now that i see it, i have one of those, and the track and field game...i was too young to remember it by name, but its in my closet somewhere....score...im going to bust that little baby out!...

Stonecutter
04-20-2004, 08:19 PM
Only video game I've ever bought off of ebay was Castlevania Aria of Sorrow, with shipping it was only 22.70 (because for some reason you can't find it anywhere [looked on amazon/ebgames, and in stores.]) I'm guessing Konami discontinued it like they did with circle of the moon for a short time.

Jonbo298
04-20-2004, 08:29 PM
Now that i see it, i have one of those, and the track and field game...i was too young to remember it by name, but its in my closet somewhere....score...im going to bust that little baby out!...

Nice. My grandma had the powerpad back in the day and I played it. Helluva workout (if you dont cheat:p)