PDA

View Full Version : Another Final Fantasy game?? AND WHO'S THIS?!?

Canyarion
03-21-2004, 07:02 AM
Ok the Japanese magazine VJump says that there's another exclusive FF game coming to the Cube. http://www.cube-europe.com/news.php?nid=6264

They're apperantly gonna tell about it in their next issue. This is the thingy what tells about the next issue:
http://kotawa.hp.infoseek.co.jp/info/vjump/scan/vj0304.jpg

Squall? :eek: Could this be a sequel to FF8??

Jonbo298
03-21-2004, 09:33 AM
I've been hearing rumors too that it might be a combination of FF7-9. Maybe they all meet up to face the 'ULTIMATE MONSTER':p:errr:

BlueFire
03-21-2004, 12:35 PM
Squall! Squall rules! Squall in another FF game?! :P Sweet, maybe it is an FFVIII sequel

DeathsHand
03-21-2004, 01:53 PM
Maybe Squaresoft heard a lot of the criticism FF8 got and decided to remake it instead of remaking one of their better ones... :sneaky:

Or maybe it's a sequel... Either would be fun... I liked FF8 as it was... But it's been so long since I've played it I can't quite remember how it ends, so I dunno how a sequel would/could work...

Or maybe they just used that image of Squall as a random Final Fantasy picture for the background *shruggers*

Happydude
03-21-2004, 02:49 PM
FF8 was my favorite out of the whole series...too bad i dont have a GC :(

Dark Samurai
03-21-2004, 03:21 PM
Cool, but i really dont see it in my hands in the near future.

Ginkasa
03-21-2004, 04:33 PM
Next issue is April's... Do Japanese celebrate that?

Anyway, if it is a FFVIII sequel, I hope it sucks. Otherwise I'll have to go and play through FFVIII first... *shudders*

*shrugs and walks away*

Vampyr
03-21-2004, 05:10 PM
Woah...yet ANOTHER FF for the GCN? :O

If this is actually true...yay! :D

I wouldnt mind seeing a sequal to FF8. I own it for the PC...I never actually beat it, but it was an awesome game nontheless. My brother is actually in his room playing it right now. lol.

GameMaster
03-21-2004, 06:40 PM
I inverted the mysterious figure in Photoshop to give our studio audience a better idea of who this rogue truly is. You may find the results to be shocking.

DeathsHand
03-21-2004, 06:52 PM
Next issue is April's... Do Japanese celebrate that?

I was wondering the same thing... Stupid April Fools' jokes, making us all look like fools...

Jonbo298
03-21-2004, 07:59 PM
You have a point there Ginkasa. Square usually does a better job on putting something more fancy behind a name. That little logo thing behind FF Guilty Wing is a little bland for what Square usually makes....who knows....

Hero2
03-21-2004, 08:32 PM
I dont think its going to be cube exclusive. according to the article they think its comming out for the cube because it says GCN on the poster...but the poster also says PS2.
But It also says DVD so it could be a movie(Like advent childern) with a remake of FFVIII for the cube comming out in a package deal. witch would be alot cooler then just a sequal to FFVIII.

Dyne
03-21-2004, 10:20 PM
Lol, I love how it says "Sugoi!" about halfway down the page.

fingersman
03-22-2004, 08:26 AM
Am I the only one that didn't really like FF8?

Blackmane
03-22-2004, 11:12 AM
It's probably some sort of weak hoax...

Japanese people love messing with us gullible americans...

viruscool
03-22-2004, 03:14 PM
Better not be an April fools joke !!!!

Ginkasa
03-22-2004, 05:21 PM
Am I the only one that didn't really like FF8?

Anyway, if it is a FFVIII sequel, I hope it sucks. Otherwise I'll have to go and play through FFVIII first... *shudders*

*shrugs and walks away*

Canyarion
03-23-2004, 08:30 AM
I dont think its going to be cube exclusive. according to the article they think its comming out for the cube because it says GCN on the poster...but the poster also says PS2.
But It also says DVD so it could be a movie(Like advent childern) with a remake of FFVIII for the cube comming out in a package deal. witch would be alot cooler then just a sequal to FFVIII.
Nonono, look at the page of the C-E article, some guy translated the stuff. The PS2 has nothing to do with FF.

Blix
03-23-2004, 07:35 PM
I'd rather have it be a completely new rpg. I'm not excited about this. But then again, I'm never excited about a FF game till one month before it hits store shelfs. hmm!!! Well, actually, make that any game now. College doesn't leave me time for hype, which is not a bad thing really.

Hero2
03-24-2004, 04:43 AM
Nonono, look at the page of the C-E article, some guy translated the stuff. The PS2 has nothing to do with FF.
ahh I dient see the comments(dont think they were there) when I read the article...ohh well my dreams are crushed ill go cry in the corner.

/em crys in corner

Canyarion
03-24-2004, 07:08 AM
Oh Em, please don't crie! :rolleyes:

I still have to get CC.... hooked on Morrowind, no time for other games. :D

fingersman
03-24-2004, 08:22 AM
Well according to the answer for this question by ign

Final Fantasy: Guilty Wing
Hello ign. In the past 2 days I have read on several small video game news sites that a magazine in Japan called "V-Jump" has confirmed that Square Enix is making a Final Fantasy game called "Fianl Fantasy: Guilty Wing", which is set to be a Gamecube exclusive. Final Fantasy:Guilty Wing is also suppose to take place in the FF7 universe.

Some people on forums said at first that the confirmation was a misunderstanding, and then some said it was a april fools joke. Then today a website said that the V Jump confirmation was in fact, a confirmation, and that the story is true. Also some sites have also stated that V Jump also confirms that Kingdom Hearts 2 will be released on GC after the game is released on PS2.

Matt responds: A bogus mock-up floated across the Web and several Nintendo sites reported it as truth for one reason or another. The latest issue of V-Jump is out and it makes no mention of Final Fantasy: Guilty Wing, I assure you.

Square has more GameCube software on the way, but this rumor is false.

THere ya go, I hope that answers so questions about FF8 :p

Jonbo298
03-24-2004, 08:37 AM
I told ya the image of FF Guilty Wing looked too bland for what Square always does with an FF game:D Go us! (whomever was doubting it:p)

Dark Samurai
03-24-2004, 08:43 AM
I was!

+rep for me!

Jonbo298
03-24-2004, 08:52 AM
I was!

+rep for me!

+rep to you!

Dark Samurai
03-24-2004, 09:35 AM
+rep to you!