PDA

View Full Version : I'm surprised that no one posted this yet

fingersman
03-17-2004, 09:42 PM
Well by now, I think almost everone on this board has seen the new details on RE4, as for me, I think this might a step in the right direction, and from what ign and gamespot are saying it sounds like something revolutionary for the Re series. I also like the fact that the A button is being used as an action button. Well I could go on and stuff but I want to hear what you guys think about the direction that RE has taken?

DeathsHand
03-17-2004, 10:20 PM
I've said it before, but I think the new gameplay sounds awesome... The story though, from what we've heard so far, could use a bit of work...

Also I found this fun quote at IGN...

"IGNcube: Why did you decide to scrap what you already had and take the game into a new direction?

Kobayashi: The footage that we all saw last year at E3 was pretty much the same Resident Evil that everybody has already played. We wanted to change the image of the franchise."

That's the same reason they said they scrapped "RE 1.5" and changed it to the RE2 we all know and love (and many say is the best of the series)...

Jason1
03-17-2004, 11:01 PM
I liked everything ive read so far except for one glaring issue, and I think you all know what im talking about. They STILL havent fixed the controls. Thats absoultley absurd to me in this day and age. Still no analog control. Absolutley rediculous. I still cant believe it.

Jonbo298
03-18-2004, 12:27 AM
IGN has said the controls feel better then before now that the game is in full 3D and the camera moves. So I know Capcom has to be listening to people this time around and making the controls good.

But E3 is still a little while away. I just can't wait for it.

DeathsHand
03-18-2004, 01:19 AM
IGN has said the controls feel better then before now that the game is in full 3D and the camera moves. So I know Capcom has to be listening to people this time around and making the controls good.

But E3 is still a little while away. I just can't wait for it.

Code Veronica was full 3D and the camera moved but that didn't make people not complain :sneaky:

though it was quite different than what RE4 is supposed to be like...

Jason1
03-18-2004, 07:45 PM
The more I read, the more excited I get. I still cant believe Nintendo got this baby exclusive. And according to that interveiw theres absolutley no chance of it coming to any other consoles. It awsome. Sends chills up my spine.

GT News
03-18-2004, 07:45 PM
The more I read, the more excited I get. I still cant believe Nintendo got this baby exclusive. And according to that interveiw theres absolutley no chance of it coming to any other consoles. It awsome. Sends chills up my spine.

I have never heard about The more I read the more excited I get.What would make you stop can not believe Nintendo got this baby exclusive? Is the holding of hands a symbolic gesture for humans?
I think according to that interveiw there is a lot of things.
according to that interveiw there awsome? That is a very original thought.

Canyarion
03-19-2004, 04:23 PM
Fingers, I think we DID post about it... or is this even 'newer news'?

GameKinG
03-19-2004, 08:13 PM
They say the controls are much less clunky, and the camera position makes it even better. Also, in 1st person, control is analog.

More over, about story *spoiler, spoiler*

The game very likely does not take place in south america (at least not the part we have seen). The villagers look very european, and there are no wolves in south america. And it was also noted that this was only the start of the game, there is no telling how the story will unfold.

GameKinG
03-19-2004, 09:47 PM
Spoiler!!!

from capcom:

In Resident Evil 4 players are reacquainted with Leon S. Kennedy, Raccoon City Police Department's idealistic rookie cop from Resident Evil 2. It has been six years since the destruction of Raccoon City and in that time, the U.S. government has been able to destroy the nefarious Umbrella Corporation. Fast forward to 2004 and players rejoin Leon, who is now a U.S. agent with a top-secret mission. He has been tasked to look into the abduction of the President's daughter and his investigation has led him to a mysterious location in Europe. As Leon encounters unimaginable horrors, he must find out who or what is behind everything.

I have a hunch there will be a plot twist, and umbrella will still have a small operation running.