PDA

View Full Version : Does gaming consume your life??

Canyarion
03-13-2004, 06:10 PM
So I was wondering about you guys... How big a role does gaming play in your life? Are you satisfied with that?

There are people that don't seem te be interested in girls or don't try anything with them because they're computer nerds.
Others know A LOT about PCs and how to fix them and stuff. Gaming comes on a lower place.

For me gaming is just a nice form of entertainment. But I try to keep things in perspective. I have enough friends and I spend time with them. I'm doing very well at university and religion. I live a healthy life. Yadayadayada.
I've been playing less and less games, just because I grow up and realise I have more important things to do. So now I only play the games that are really cool. :)

On a sidenote, how much time per week (or day if you want) do you game?

Jonbo298
03-13-2004, 06:26 PM
I know a good amount about PC's and how to fix them, etc...and I game quite a bit also. And I don't see myself as just avoiding females, I'm just waiting until I see the right one:)

Canyarion
03-13-2004, 06:30 PM
But Jonbo, when you meet the right girl, how will you know how to treat her?? If you've got no experience?? I mean, sometimes I'm not that sure about a girl, but I see how far we can get. And I learn from it. But let's not talk about that here.

This is about how much time you put in stuff! :)

Dyne
03-13-2004, 06:30 PM
I don't know how many hours a week I do it. It varies a lot. It's good to have a hobby like gaming. It's a great thing to play with friends.

So in question, no, gaming does not consume my life.. I make sure it doesn't. Which is why I still have countless games to finish.. but I'm pretty sure I'll be fine having not beat them later down the road.

Dark Samurai
03-13-2004, 06:36 PM
Gaming is a good part of my life but its not around it.

There's other things that part me from other hardcore gamers, like the will to drive and breathe and watch T.V., to go to the park and play some games, snowboard, and stuff like that

GameMaster
03-13-2004, 08:30 PM
As of now, I think I spend more time on the internet than I do gaming. I like to check GT and talk to people online. And I like listening to music too. Right now the computer is my entertainment medium.

There aren't any games coming out that I'm interested, maybe in the summer. I still play Smash Bros. and CC about once a week with friends though.

GT News
03-13-2004, 08:31 PM
As of now, I think I spend more time on the internet than I do gaming. I like to check GT and talk to people online. And I like listening to music too. Right now the computer is my entertainment medium.

They aren't any games coming out that I'm interested, maybe in the summer. I still play Smash Bros. about once a week with friends though.

Why now? Why? Do you ever get bored?I'm not sure if I would like to do check GT and talk to people online . What's it like?
I am glad we have something (listening to music) in common. You are not the only one.

allWas it plugged in?Maybe some of them are.What would make you stop play Smash Bros? Is Smash Bros a game or a musical instrument?Oh. Oh yeah, we were talking about
once a week with friends

Jonbo298
03-13-2004, 08:35 PM
FuFuBot listens to music?! *gasp* GM, you have a new friend:D

The Germanator
03-13-2004, 08:55 PM
I barely ever play games anymore. There used to be a time when I checked IGN every day and was obsessed with getting the latest news and everything. Now I just sorta read EGM every month and get my news from this forum and such. Plus, I rarely buy games...I'll get the ones I really want, and that's about it, never rent or anything. I've been playing lots of 64 and SNES recently too, I didn't even bring any of the next-gen systems here to college. So, no, the internet consumes my life more than anything.

bobcat
03-13-2004, 09:03 PM
Who's Camfubot?

Vampyr
03-13-2004, 09:10 PM

There aren't any games coming out that I'm interested, maybe in the summer. I still play Smash Bros. and CC about once a week with friends though.

Yeah, I'm on the net more than I play games, but I still play games a bunch.

Who's Camfubot?

http://www.gametavern.net/forums/showthread.php?t=7947&page=1

Canyarion
03-14-2004, 11:10 AM
During the week, I play about 1 or 2 hours a day. It kinda depends on the game I'm playing. If I have a new one (like now, Morrowind) I can play about 3 hours a day. But there have been weeks where I didn't game at all.
In the weekends, I can play about 8 hours in total perhaps...

But like the others, I spend more time on chatting/surfing/listening to music.

Oh yeah, I usual play music when playing games. I get bored with just doing 1 thing.

Hero2
03-14-2004, 06:08 PM
I play FFXI at least 5 hours a day everyday if not more.

ominub
03-14-2004, 10:57 PM
hmm well I dont have much of a life because I play FFXI. Yeah it takes up about 10-12 hours a day. I have about 40 days gameplay now :(

GiMpY-wAnNaBe
03-14-2004, 10:59 PM
lol, i've got tight parents.....no games for another year till i'm off to university.....swe-e-e-e-t

Blackmane
03-15-2004, 03:06 AM
I spend much less time gaming right now because I have work, school, and a girlfriend who I am very happy with, so maybe an hour or two a day if I have time to sit down and actually play.

Canyarion
03-15-2004, 07:53 AM
Gee it's unbelievable how much time FFXI takes! The song is true... ;)

And Gimpy, NO GAMES AT ALL???? :eek: That's just sick.... I mean now you're probably watching TV all day. :p

TheGame
03-15-2004, 11:44 AM
Gaming, any way I cut it, is a big part of my life... not much more I can say.

mickydaniels
03-15-2004, 01:01 PM
I barely ever play games anymore. There used to be a time when I checked IGN every day and was obsessed with getting the latest news and everything.

That used to be me. But since I no longer have a gameboy or a gamecube, I am happily enjoying a new stage in my life where the newest videogames and systems matter nothing to me. Other than about an hour of a SuperNes emulator, videogames have become like wrestling to me ever since I've gotten older. Pointless.

bobcat
03-15-2004, 04:04 PM
No it doesn't consume my life.

All my friends know me as a "hardcore gamer" but I would choose going out with them ova a game anyday.

Gaming is just a nice hobby to have. I'd like to say it's relaxing, but sometimes it's real stressful (e.g. Warcraft online, Kof2003).

In this sense, gaming stimulates my brain a lot.

ZebraRampage
03-15-2004, 09:16 PM
I hardly ever play anymore. I'm either doing homework, or out with my friends. I also listen to a lot of music now. I'm looking for a girlfriend at the moment and planning on asking someone out to Junior prom. Right now not my life consists of basically that. I also wish that someone would give me a damn job. Nobody has accepted me anywhere!

TheSlyMoogle
03-16-2004, 05:26 PM
I think we must all be looking for the girl who plays videogames! I think they are the best.

So for sure if only we could combine Both girls and Video games... HMM!

TheGame
03-16-2004, 06:49 PM
Yes, a girl who was into games as much as me would be great (that way we can get married and split my gaming bill ;))

TheSlyMoogle
03-16-2004, 09:25 PM
Yes, a girl who was into games as much as me would be great (that way we can get married and split my gaming bill ;))

Hey nice idea!

The Germanator
03-16-2004, 10:35 PM
I think I'd look for a girl who at least didn't mind that I was playing Super Mario World for the tenth time...If she doesn't think I'm an idiot after I tell her I've played the game that many times and continue to play it, that's a good sign.