PDA

View Full Version : DS Specs Leaked!!!

Crash
03-11-2004, 06:47 PM
Official Nintendo DS specifications!

Here it is my friends, the OFFICIAL specifications sheet on the Nintendo DS from somewhere inside of Nintendo of Japan! Yesterday, sites all over the Information Superhighway reported that the new portable console from Nintendo would be called the "Nitro" . This was later rvealed to be nothing more than the original codename of the product in the early stages of development, and the tentative name of the new console remains "DS" as announced over a month ago.

But now we have the specifications of the console right under our noses -see the table and picture below for exact specifications, and we think that it's fair to say that the DS looks like a snazzy piece of gadgetry. Although people will make the inevitable comparisons with Sonys' Playstation Portable system, Nintendo would probably be quick to remind critics that this is a new concept and designed as an addition to the GBA and GameCube, this is NOT Game Boy Advance 2 or Game Boy Advance Superior or anything like that.

Okay, so now the bit you're interested in: The DS Portable will have two processors; an ARM 9 running at 67 MHz and a ARM 7 sub-processor clocking in at 33MHz; a main memory of 4 MB; it will be capable of over 250,000 colours; 120,000 polygons per second in 3D; A pixel count of 30 million per second. Also, it will be featuring the touch-screen interface touted not so long ago as merely a rumour: there's the proof.

Unsurprisingly, the DS Portable will feature wireless technology for gaming with friends and the A, B, L, R, "Start" and "Select" buttons typical of the Nintendo Game Boy Advance. The possibility of also putting in "X" and "Y" buttons is also mentioned. So we can assume that this will most likely have a control interface similar of that to the GBA in terms of design -or even possibly reminiscent of the SNES four-button configuration.

Stay tuned to Cube-Europe.com for more exciting developments as they happen!

http://www.cube-europe.com/news.php?nid=6236

http://www.cube-europe.com/newsgfx/ds-specs.jpg

so those are graphics speeds just under that of the Nintendo 64, but there are two of them. Interesting. Is this info real? Who knows, but its plausable.

Jonbo298
03-11-2004, 06:50 PM
I read this, this morning. Pretty cool. Hopefully they can bump up the power to be at least on par with the '64 or higher.

Dyne
03-11-2004, 09:37 PM
Here is the English version that was posted last night after I learned about it.. I give thanks to Johntv of GA for hosting it on his bandwidth..

http://www.tokyopia.com/deluxe/ds-e.jpg

Touchscreen and microphone? Advance Wars could be so much better with those.. =D

Also, for fun, you guys should check out http://warioworld.com

Jason1
03-11-2004, 09:42 PM
Shouldnt this be in the GBA forum? I would move it if I had the power, but it appears I can only move stuff out of my forum, and not move stuff in. But whatever.

Dyne
03-11-2004, 09:46 PM
It's a third pillar of sorts. I don't know, there's more action around these parts anyways...

Jason1
03-11-2004, 09:50 PM
Fine fine...although you'd think it might be nice to spread that action out to other forums but suit yourself.

Dyne
03-11-2004, 09:54 PM
*guns*

Moved. :)

GameMaster
03-11-2004, 11:19 PM
How do we know that that document is "official" ?

Anyone could've made it. And the word confidential and Nintendo logo look a little suspicious.

Canyarion
03-12-2004, 10:25 AM
That's what I thought. :rolleyes:
And this isn't really spiffy enough.. I mean everybody expects a touch screen. And a mic is easy to come up with.. :unsure:

Dark Samurai
03-12-2004, 10:57 AM
I agree with GM,

It looks TOO suspicious to be real.

Vampyr
03-12-2004, 12:02 PM
I agree with GM,

It looks TOO suspicious to be real.

Isnt cube-europe a respectable site?

Anywho, if this real, then whoop! I think this looks very interesting, and I believe that portable multiplayer games will never be the same again.

I just wish I could hook it up to FF:CC and have two maps to look at.

But with the addition of a second screen, this opens up so many possibilities. I cant wait to see what Nintendo decides to do with this thing.

And about it "belonging" in the GBA forum, since this is neither a new gameboy, nor a new console, than I think it fits just as well in the GC forum as it does in the GBA. With all the stress Nintendo is puting on it NOT being a GameBoy, than I dont see why it has to be here. I think a new forum should be created, and call it "portables". This way we could talk about DS, GBA, N-Gage, PSP, and that new fangled Microsoft one all in one place. Because lets face it, GBA forum isnt getting enough action all by its lonesome.

Jonbo298
03-12-2004, 04:17 PM
Isnt cube-europe a respectable site?

"No, No cube-europe isn't respectable at all";)

but it was on IGNcube.com's site so no one better be doubting it since a few people only seem to trust ign:p

Jason1
03-12-2004, 11:41 PM
I think a new forum should be created, and call it "portables". This way we could talk about DS, GBA, N-Gage, PSP, and that new fangled Microsoft one all in one place. Because lets face it, GBA forum isnt getting enough action all by its lonesome.

That sounds good. I was kinda thinking about the same thing the other day.