PDA

View Full Version : UT 2004

Null
03-11-2004, 06:18 PM
The Reviews are comeing in!

5/5 from Gamespy.
With Unreal Tournament 2004, Epic, Atari, Digital Extremes and co. have done more than return the series to its former glory -- they've unleashed a monster that could dominate multiplayer gaming for the rest of 2004. Welcome back, UT -- it's great to see you again.

IGN gives it a 9.4

Monday just cant come soon enough.

on a side note. only review i've seen so far for Battlefield Vietnam was i think 8.4 :( hopefully other reviews are a tad better for that one. (8.4 its good. just hope it gets better :p)

Jonbo298
03-11-2004, 06:22 PM
I was going to pre-order the DVD version at my EB's but they sold out of the dvd version. I could've went with the 6 cd option, but If I can just have 1 disc to install, I'd take it. So maybe I can get it online when it comes out.

But the demo has been kick ass. It made me want to get UT2k4, but I might have to wait a week after it comes out...

Null
03-11-2004, 06:26 PM
I was going to pre-order the DVD version at my EB's but they sold out of the dvd version. I could've went with the 6 cd option, but If I can just have 1 disc to install, I'd take it. So maybe I can get it online when it comes out.

But the demo has been kick ass. It made me want to get UT2k4, but I might have to wait a week after it comes out...

i called my EB last month and had them bump my reservation up to the DVD SE version. and glad i did.

as far as i know, the DVD SE is sold out. gone. dont think you will have much luck finding it.

However from what i hear you can find just a normal DVD version on the internet, from what i hear just the normal dvd wasnt released to stores in the US, only the DVD SE.

Jonbo298
03-11-2004, 06:51 PM
Yeah, I dont really need the headset and 2nd special dvd with stuff although it would be cool to have.

Null
03-11-2004, 07:11 PM
Yeah, I dont really need the headset and 2nd special dvd with stuff although it would be cool to have.

maybe you dont. but it also comes with a STICKER!!!!! yessss thats right. a big STICKER. ohhh i bet your changing your mind on whether you need it now. arent you? mmhmm. i thought so.

:hmm:
well, SE was same price, so HA. :p

Jonbo298
03-11-2004, 07:39 PM
maybe you dont. but it also comes with a STICKER!!!!! yessss thats right. a big STICKER. ohhh i bet your changing your mind on whether you need it now. arent you? mmhmm. i thought so.

:hmm:
well, SE was same price, so HA. :p

The sticker is tempting to put on my case. A big fat sticker.

Yoda9864
03-13-2004, 12:56 AM
I preordered the 6-cd version form EB. I did it like the day ofter the dvd version sold out. Grrrr. Oh well. Already have a headset, and I can just get the extra stuff from a friend. Whatever.

Jonbo298
03-17-2004, 12:00 AM
Its in (some) stores! I got lucky and pre-ordered the SE version at Bestbuy.com and took advantage of the slow, but free shipping and its only $30. Then the day after I get my "last minute" pre-order in, they told out:D So eventually when I get the game in the mail, I'll be installing it very fast and nicely off 1 DVD:)

Null
03-17-2004, 12:03 AM
Its in (some) stores! I got lucky and pre-ordered the SE version at Bestbuy.com and took advantage of the slow, but free shipping and its only $30. Then the day after I get my "last minute" pre-order in, they told out:D So eventually when I get the game in the mail, I'll be installing it very fast and nicely off 1 DVD:)

picked up my Special Edition UT2004 this morning =D

woot! oh and the headset that comes with the SE, i looked it up at CompUSA. and thats a $30 headset that comes free with the game.

i got mine at EB's for 39.99 (at Bestbuy its 29.99) but at EB they gave me a $20 mail in rebate, and then i get another $10 mail in rebate for owning UT2003.

:) $10 game. hehehehe

i also picked up Battlefield Vietnam

Jonbo298
03-17-2004, 01:10 AM
I tried getting the "free" version of BF:V but the filenames were farked up and winrar wouldn't unrar them:mad2:

Jason1
03-17-2004, 08:30 PM
Only 30 bucks and it comes with a Headset? That would be really nice to use with Counter Strike as well. I really might have to pick this one up. I have to admit the demo was pretty fun.

Jonbo298
03-17-2004, 08:50 PM
The Year of the FPS has begun *dun dun dunnnnnnn*

(No, not FPS of the year, just that this year = teh year of mass good fps'ing)

MuGen
03-17-2004, 08:54 PM
The Year of the FPS has begun *dun dun dunnnnnnn*

(No, not FPS of the year, just that this year = teh year of mass good fps'ing)

Hmm i think UT2004 will actually be the best MULTIPLAYER FPS.... since Halo hasn't gone online yet.

UT adds the style of vehicles now to online play, so until Halo 2 comes out on Xbox Live, we really won't know whose on top.

Hero2
03-17-2004, 09:24 PM
ahh... Halos been online dude.

Dark Samurai
03-17-2004, 09:25 PM
ahh... Halos been online dude.

Thats what i was going to say :D lol

MuGen
03-17-2004, 10:13 PM
Thats what i was going to say :D lol

I meant Halo 2.... being not out yet

Do the math.. will ya.. +I mean I said.. Halo in the first part and Halo 2 in the second part..

Make the connection and work with me people

Null
03-17-2004, 11:00 PM
lol. halo, close...not even.

halo 2 wont even be a drop in the bucket as far as UT will be concerned.

it may go along with the console ppl tho, hence why halo 1 was popular for some odd reason.

Jonbo298
03-18-2004, 12:24 AM
Halo 1/2 is a godsend to console gamers. UT/Doom/Half Life is a godsend to PC'ers:)

Null
03-18-2004, 09:18 AM
Halo 1/2 is a godsend to console gamers. UT/Doom/Half Life is a godsend to PC'ers:)

nah. MAYBE replace Doom with Quake.

but that kinda FPS is just getting old. time for the new age FPS style to take over. ala UT onslaught.....Battlefield. etc. large maps + vehicles = in ........... DM = out

Jonbo298
03-18-2004, 09:35 AM
nah. MAYBE replace Doom with Quake.

but that kinda FPS is just getting old. time for the new age FPS style to take over. ala UT onslaught.....Battlefield. etc. large maps + vehicles = in ........... DM = out

Oops, I forgot about Quake. I guess its been awhile since QuakeIII has been out:p

Jason1
03-18-2004, 09:53 PM
AH! I just watched the video review on Gamespot. God I really want this game. It looks so awsome. I might have to head out again this weekend...I hope Best Buy has that 30 dollar DVD version with headset.

Null
03-18-2004, 11:01 PM
AH! I just watched the video review on Gamespot. God I really want this game. It looks so awsome. I might have to head out again this weekend...I hope Best Buy has that 30 dollar DVD version with headset.

lol. count yourself VERY lucky if they have it bro.

as far as i know thoes were sold out first day with pre orders.

theres a normal DVD version tho around....that might only be online tho

Jonbo298
03-19-2004, 12:15 AM
I don't think there is a normal DVD version. I think its just the SE version and the 6cd version. But maybe Epic/Atari will eventually release a standalone DVD version.

Null
03-19-2004, 09:03 AM
I don't think there is a normal DVD version. I think its just the SE version and the 6cd version. But maybe Epic/Atari will eventually release a standalone DVD version.

there is a normal DVD version. i know i read ppl on the Atari message board got it. its just not in the US stores.

Jason1
03-19-2004, 03:13 PM
Ah if you go to bestbuy.com, you can see if your store has it in stock. Mine does. I might go out there and see if the website is really right. Hopefully it is.

Null
03-19-2004, 03:58 PM
Ah if you go to bestbuy.com, you can see if your store has it in stock. Mine does. I might go out there and see if the website is really right. Hopefully it is.

cross your fingers, good luck, hope ya get it. :)

Jason1
03-21-2004, 11:20 AM
cross your fingers, good luck, hope ya get it. :)

They didnt have it, bah. They didnt even have the regular version from what I could tell. That sucks that only Best Buy carried the Special Edition. Now if you want the Special Edition your going to have to pay 70 bucks on Ebay for it. Screw that. And screw you Atari.

Null
03-21-2004, 11:42 AM
They didnt have it, bah. They didnt even have the regular version from what I could tell. That sucks that only Best Buy carried the Special Edition. Now if you want the Special Edition your going to have to pay 70 bucks on Ebay for it. Screw that. And screw you Atari.

i dont know many ppl that got it from best buy. most were screwed out of it at best buy. they didnt get a fraction of the SE's they took reservations for.

got mine from EB.
Just search online for the normal DVD edition.

Jonbo298
03-21-2004, 07:43 PM
I notice quite a few dvd versions on ebay that are from the UK. Its just a standalone DVD. I might think about that one, I'll just have to get used to the weird variations in their language.

Null
03-21-2004, 11:46 PM
I notice quite a few dvd versions on ebay that are from the UK. Its just a standalone DVD. I might think about that one, I'll just have to get used to the weird variations in their language.

they're not gunna put british accents on all the voices. the game is going to be exactly the same as if it was sold in the US.

Jonbo298
03-21-2004, 11:50 PM
well, I meant on the text. They might put coulour instead of color, heh.

Null
03-22-2004, 12:11 AM
well, I meant on the text. They might put coulour instead of color, heh.

doubtful.

Bube
03-24-2004, 12:56 PM
I don't think it's coulour. It's coulouour.

Sorry...

BTW, I'm getting this in about a week. Maybe we could meet on a server and play, huh? But before somebody says yes, I have to say that the farthest servers I'll play on are British servers.

Jonbo298
03-24-2004, 01:34 PM
No need for ebay anymore. Best Buy sent me an email a few days ago saying my item has been shipped!:D Now I'm just waiting for it in the mail >:o

Jason1
03-24-2004, 08:48 PM
Bah, nobody caries the Damn DVD verson. This sucks. Screw it. I just wont purchase it then.