PDA

View Full Version : ATI Wins Reader Poll *read for the shocker*

Jonbo298
03-07-2004, 11:31 AM
WE'VE SEEN incredible things, er, "happen" in "Reader Polls" through the years.

However, we thought we’d give you a heads-up on one of the results in a Readers Poll set to appear on the streets of Deutschland.

Apparently, "in a survey of unprecedented size, 25,000 readers of Germany's leading IT title (PC Magazin) voted ATI as their number 1 choice for graphics".

We’d like to believe everything that one of ATi Technologies Regional PR Managers - Andrzej Bania – says, and this time we do.

But only because when we asked for proof, the excitable Andrzej kindly sent us an image which "proved it".

The results, we're told, are as follows:

ATI: 40.3%
Matrox: 9.2%
Nvidia: 8.9%

Andrzej says that "Given that the readership could vote for any company that had an involvement with graphics, ATI's share of the vote is truly awesome".

What is awesome is that, it seems, that Nvidia couldn't even oust Matrox (remember them?) who have all but given up in the noisy gaming market.

We don’t yet know who made up the other 58.4% of the vote but it will be scary if Intel's Extreme Graphics 2 gave Nvidia a whipping too.

That's pretty shocking. Matrox owned Nvidia in the poll (by .3% but nonetheless).

Null
03-07-2004, 11:47 AM
not shocking at all.

magazine readers follow usually what the magazine favors. when the magazine always talks about how great ATI is over nvidia, the readers will listen and vote accordingly.

No doubt that ATI would most likely win at most places right now, same as nvidia woulda won at most places a couple years ago. Which ever company is doing the better card at the current times wins the polls. Nvidia will pull ontop again sometime here and ppl will favor it. Then ATI will be ontop again.

For some reason. since PC users cant argue about which PC is better, they fight over graphics cards, and make a war out of that instead.

its kinda like making a poll at nintendo power, and seeing which console people like..... would the results be surprising? probably not.

[edit] And out of curiosity..... Wheres the other 42% in that poll?

Jonbo298
03-07-2004, 10:45 PM
Im not sure where the rest of the % is at. The article didn't say. But nowhere did it mention that this magazine is geared towards Ati. It might be, im not sure. But the part I cared about was the fact that somehow matrox beat out nvidia. I didnt care too much that Ati won. But with 25,000 votes, Id have expected a more closer race or something:unsure:

Null
03-08-2004, 09:51 AM
in the actual computer world, it is a much closer race. expecially in NA, people like the Nvidia brand, but they dont like the FX series thus far. which is understandable.

Yoda9864
03-08-2004, 12:11 PM
I don't know why, but that poll seems a bit lopsided. I really don't see how nVidia could lose to matrox. Maybe the people are spiting nVidia because the Fx's aren't all that great.

I still remember my family having a Matrox Mystique 2mb video card. It came with an enhanced version of Mechwarrior 2. That thing kicked butt. Lol.

Jonbo298
03-08-2004, 01:31 PM
in the actual computer world, it is a much closer race. expecially in NA, people like the Nvidia brand, but they dont like the FX series thus far. which is understandable.

Well yeah, I know its much closer in reality.