PDA

View Full Version : Ninja Gaiden on Xbox

Blackmane
03-03-2004, 01:07 PM
Has anyone tried out this game? I have to say it is really awesome. This game is really good and a good addition to the Ninja Gaiden line. The graphics are very nice but that is nothing compared to the fighting. Absolutely great battle moves and so much you can do with combos, counters, jumping, and spinning. It has the cool feeling on PN 03, without sucking. Not to mention being able to do many different stunts to get where you need, like running along walls, jumping off one wall to another, and crawling.

I suppose it is similiar to Prince of Persia, but since I have not played that yet, I cannot make a comparison.

IGN gave it a 9.4, and I see why. Definetely try this game out.

TheGame
03-03-2004, 01:44 PM
Well, the delays pushed this game back into bad timing for me. I don't think I'll be able to buy it for a while... it's going head up with FFXI and MGS:TS for me. I will eventually buy it though, looks like a great game.

Blix
03-03-2004, 03:25 PM
How is it compared to Shinobi? I was thinking Sega would do a good work with that game but I didn't like it really. That combo and counters thing sounds nice. When I get money on summer I might buy it. I'll add it to my list.

bobcat
03-03-2004, 03:59 PM
I hate Team Ninja's games. They always seem to look pretty and get bored real quick.

I may check this out though.

DOA3 *shudders*

Vampyr
03-03-2004, 04:51 PM
I played the demo at EB the other day. It was a very very fun game, with beautiful graphics, and it reminded me VERY strongly of Shinobi.

Acebot44
03-03-2004, 08:03 PM
Played the OXM demo and it was very fun...for a while. It was just the same thing; combo, jump, jump, decapitate, combo, magic, combo, combo, combo, combo, COMBO, COMBO, COMBO!

But it was just the demo so the finished game should be more fun. I'll try it out at my friends house before I decide if ima get it. Wasnt really looking forward to it really :-o

Blackmane
03-04-2004, 04:14 AM
I have had a chance to play a bit more, and it does have a lot of depth for a slasher game. There are quite a few obstacles that you have to find your way around and some areas require intricate moves and stunts in order to reach.

As for it being like Shinobi, yes it is comparable, yet this feels a whole lot cleaner, smoother, and more detailed. The game runs at a constant 60 fps, which is very satisfying and makes all the difference in making the game feel so clean and suave. There are a lot more moves than you might think, and the enemies get very challenging very quickly. A lot of your foes can block and counter just like you, and they get other bonuses like being able to grab you and slit your throat if you block too long or blow you up from a distance if you are too cautious. It definetely keeps you on your toes.

I'll tell more as I play more. My advice: At least rent. You must rent. If not, buy.

BTW, CGI cutscenes are absolutely breath-taking. Some of the best I have ever seen.

DeathsHand
03-04-2004, 04:47 PM
Played the OXM demo and it was very fun...for a while. It was just the same thing; combo, jump, jump, decapitate, combo, magic, combo, combo, combo, combo, COMBO, COMBO, COMBO!

And the NES ninja gaiden's were just jump jump jump slash slash jump slash slash slash jump get knocked off a cliff by an enemy that shouldn't have appeared but did, throw your controller against the wall...

Your point?

Acebot44
03-04-2004, 05:37 PM
Whats yours?

DeathsHand
03-04-2004, 07:52 PM
Whats yours?

Well a lot of the time when a sequel is made, there are a ton of people complaining that it's too different from the original, but sometimes they try to stick to the game's roots, and people end up complaining that it's too simplistic and repetitive when that's exactly what the original was like and that's what made it so fun and addictive...

I think for Ninja Gaiden, they were trying to keep it close to the original formula of a fast, challenging, fairly simple action game...

And apparently that's what it is...

And I wish I had an Xbox :(

Acebot44
03-04-2004, 08:06 PM
Oh it's a great game for sure...but too much of the same thing for my tastes. Never played the original but it sounds like they are similar. Once again it's just not enough for me to buy it...as of this time.

Jonbo298
03-04-2004, 08:35 PM
Well a lot of the time when a sequel is made, there are a ton of people complaining that it's too different from the original, but sometimes they try to stick to the game's roots, and people end up complaining that it's too simplistic and repetitive when that's exactly what the original was like and that's what made it so fun and addictive...

I think for Ninja Gaiden, they were trying to keep it close to the original formula of a fast, challenging, fairly simple action game...

And apparently that's what it is...

And I wish I had an Xbox :(

What you said is true DH. People are too picky anymore on games. "Its not like the other one". "Its too different from the other one". I want to hit the people who say things like that on some games, then others the opposite.....theoretically

Dyne
03-06-2004, 01:12 AM
Holy ****ing ****. I just want to say that I had the chance to buy this game or PSO3. I thought to myself.. I've been looking forward to this. So, I bought it, right then and there.

Drove it home.. popped it in.. ****, ok, in the first ****ing ten minutes my controller was across the room and I WAS CRYING LIKE A BABY.

THIS GAME KICKS YOUR ASS.

I love it!

I can't describe it.. it ****ing wails on you, but you FEEL the need to continue. It's so damn awesome. The graphics are great.. man.. the FMV is just so sweet.

BUY THIS GAME BUY THIS GAME BUY THIS GAME ;-; The mere FACT that it hates your ****ing guts and wants to be hard on you makes it a worthy purchase. I tried to beat the first boss 10 times.. on normal mode. The game ACTUALLY HATES YOU. I've never seen anything like this.

Ginkasa
03-06-2004, 11:16 AM
I rented it... Bloody difficult.... Means I won't be able to complete it...

Means I'll have to rent it again...

Freakin' great game though....

*shrugs and walks away*

Canyarion
03-06-2004, 03:04 PM
Sounds good. :)

Jonbo298
03-06-2004, 06:52 PM
If Microsoft would lower the f*cking price of the Xbox to like $150 or something around there, I might buy one since there are more good games now then before. Since I'm hearing Ninja Gaiden is a pretty good game

Blackmane
03-08-2004, 03:33 AM
Damn, this game is hard. I'm stuck on the chapter 7 boss, which is only 1/2 way through the game. It's so hard, but so fun.

Must....beat....boss...

Dyne
03-08-2004, 12:19 PM
http://penny-arcade.com/images/2004/20040308l.jpg

See? It does hate you..

Dylflon
03-08-2004, 12:33 PM
Man, it's so hard that it kills your friends.

Zaglar Ninja
06-23-2004, 06:34 PM
the game isn't really that hard. prolly the hardest part are the super ninjas that throw exploding shirukens, but asaid from them you get so many healing items you are almost invincible. oh also the phantom flying fish are pretty hard.

Vampyr
06-23-2004, 08:13 PM
the game isn't really that hard. prolly the hardest part are the super ninjas that throw exploding shirukens, but asaid from them you get so many healing items you are almost invincible. oh also the phantom flying fish are pretty hard.

I was watching this show on G4techTV the other day, and they had this segment about how hard Ninja Gaiden was and how gamers were complaining about it...most people seemed to think that as long as you practiced and studied the enemies movements, it became much easier. Plus, I really really like hard video games. Mega Man Transmission was extremely hard, and it remains one of my favorite GCN games.

I plan on purchasing an Xbox (since the price lowered), and Ninja Gaiden is one of the games at the top of the list of ones I want to buy.

Hero2
06-23-2004, 08:37 PM
I bought the game a while back Im still tring to beat the boss that smashes through the stain glass window. but the game isnt that hard. I suck at these kinds of games yet im still making progress. you just have to be good at the combos and such.

Zaglar Ninja
06-26-2004, 04:09 AM
the awesome part about this game, is that your a ninja. that and all these cool combos you get, its like a fighting game except good.

bobcat
06-26-2004, 06:24 AM
the awesome part about this game, is that your a ninja. that and all these cool combos you get, its like a fighting game except good.
Of course you would say that............ur a ninja (or so you make us lead to believe you are)

hmm.........

Zaglar Ninja
06-26-2004, 05:47 PM
yeah I heard that if you beat the game on the hardest difficulty you get to play through as a pirate, sadly it was a lie :(

Stonecutter
06-26-2004, 06:00 PM
I was watching this show on G4techTV the other day, and they had this segment about how hard Ninja Gaiden was and how gamers were complaining about it...most people seemed to think that as long as you practiced and studied the enemies movements, it became much easier. Plus, I really really like hard video games. Mega Man Transmission was extremely hard, and it remains one of my favorite GCN games.

I plan on purchasing an Xbox (since the price lowered), and Ninja Gaiden is one of the games at the top of the list of ones I want to buy.
If you like hard video games, you must get Panzer Dragoon Orta when you get your xbox, you can probably find it for $20 or less.

Vampyr
06-26-2004, 06:32 PM
If you like hard video games, you must get Panzer Dragoon Orta when you get your xbox, you can probably find it for $20 or less.

That game is also on my list of Xbox "games to get". :D And I'm overjoyed to hear that it only cost 20 dollars, because after buying the Xbox, I wont have too much money to spend on games. I'm wanting to get Ninja Gaiden, Panzer, Morrowind, Halo, and a few others. (not all at once, of course).

Professor S
06-26-2004, 09:09 PM
If you're going to pick up Morrowind, I suggest getting it over the summer. That game sucks up time like ticks suck blood. I put over 60 hours into that game and never even started the main quest.

Hmmmm, I haven't played it in a while. I should start playing again.

*slaps himself*

SHUT UP! YOU HAVE A JOB, CLASSES AND A GIRLFRIEND! DON'T LET IT SUCK YOU BACK IN!!!!!

Canyarion
06-27-2004, 07:33 AM
I probably beated Morrowind after... 100 hours I guess. Too bad the game doesn't count your play time. Let's say I've played it 1 hour a day... and I started playing it 3 months ago. That's almost 100 hours. :p