PDA

View Full Version : IGN Reviews PSO Ep. III

Jonbo298
02-28-2004, 05:58 PM
Here's the gist of it.

9.0 Presentation
You can play as two different sides, there's a story, worthy online and offline modes, excellent tutorial mode -- all beautifully presented.

7.0 Graphics
Stages are relatively static, although there are plenty of subtle touches. Not the most technically impressive, but the art style is beautiful. Manga-styled cut scenes are a special visual treat.

8.0 Sound
The music is superbly orchestrated and matches all the given environments. The only complaint is that Sonic Team had included voice acting and more varied sound effects.

8.0 Gameplay
Although slow paced, this is a very deep game that will actually require you to think -- very unusual for this franchise. Human competition will keep that broadband adapter in use.

9.0 Lasting Appeal
Two offline campaigns to play through, online tournaments open to all regions, and an offline multiplayer mode give you a lot to do. Investing time to understand the game is the main obstacle.

8.5 OVERALL

Full review begins here
http://cube.ign.com/articles/495/495480p1.html

I skimmed over the review and it sounds pretty good. They did mention that Sega didn't put as much thought into online this time but its still good. I might pick it up in a month or 2, but probably not right away since MGS will be occupying me first:D

GameMaster
02-28-2004, 07:42 PM
Ooh, good score :)

viruscool
02-29-2004, 03:52 AM
Sounds good, ill definately get this when it comes out in Europe! I need another online game. Does anyone know if you can use the same HL as Epi 1&2?

Blix
03-01-2004, 05:40 PM
I'll get it around Summer 'cause that's when I get the money for it. I hope to see you guys around there.