PDA

View Full Version : Armed and Dangerous

Neo
02-25-2004, 04:18 PM
Have any of you played "Armed and Dangerous"? It's a 3rd person shooter with wackiness built in. There are weapons such as the landshark and the gravity reversing device. When you use the gravity switch the screen flips upside down and everyone falls towards the sky. :p The gameplay can get a little repetitive but the cut scenes usually made me laugh. I would post screen shots but I'm at work now and can't get through the stupid firewall. I did find some info at amazon though:

Armed And Dangerous is for the shooter fan who likes to laugh. Add a little wit and humor to your mindless violence!
You play a young man named Roman, on the planet Milola. Roman's great & powerful father was in charge of the Book of Rule, a great holy work. Unfortunately, he stopped to pee at a tree one day, and it was stolen. Now Roman recruits a team of misfits to steal it back, while the world's on the edge of war!
Control a robot, a madman, a mole and a criminal mastermind as you fight an evil king, trying to start an amusement park based on torture
Use your abundance of ammo and lack of common sense to your advantage, as you face giant war machines and psychopathic robots
The weirdest weapons you've ever seen: from the typical machine guns & bombs to the Land Shark and Guy Fawkes Traitor Bomb -- you'd have to see them to believe them
Interactive cut scenes advance the plot and are also woven into the in-game battles
You'll laugh and be amazed when you see the surreal humor of the game - you'll think you were watching (and directing) a sci-fi comedy

thatmariolover
02-25-2004, 06:27 PM
Indeed, my friend works at Gamestop and they allow him to borrow games, so he had Armed and Dangerous for a few days. I definately enjoyed the game, but it's not something I'd pay more than $25 for. The cutscenes are sometimes hilarious (the "eyeballs" are great). The gameplay got a little repetitious, but all in all it was fun.

Ginkasa
02-28-2004, 02:16 PM
The cutscenes were hilarious but the gameplay seemed more like something in my way to the cutscenes. It was fine eough for one play through, but anything more than that was tedious.

*shrugs and walks away*

Blackmane
02-28-2004, 04:01 PM
I have not played the game, but I have seen it in action. It is hilarious to watch and I would buy it myself if I wasn't a poor little child.

Neo
03-03-2004, 12:25 PM
Once you finish the game you can review any cutscene you choose. So I suppose you could watch them all like a little movie, if you were so inclined.