PDA

View Full Version : First Info on the Sequel to "GoldenEye"

BreakABone
02-25-2004, 01:15 AM
How exactly do you make a sequel to a game that was pretty much open-ended...

You just change the rules a bit...

http://yodandy.monkeypals.com/ign/goldeneye2.jpg

I think it has promise, but the name is just there to help sell copies.

Dylflon
02-25-2004, 01:41 AM
As long as the multi player mode lives up to that of the original Goldeneye, I'm sold.

TheGame
02-25-2004, 03:03 AM
meh... is this even real?

I would MUCH rather have my new Perfect Dark game than anything affiliated with Bond. The multiplayer in Goldeneye is so out-dated that there is no point in trying to bring it back unless they do rip off Perfect dark along with even newer games.

This idea, if it's even real, gets a big fat thumbs down from me... but I assume it's not real due to the fact that EA is mentioned nowhere.

HiddenPotential
02-25-2004, 10:05 AM
I like the concept, actually...the name of the game is retarded, but like BreakaBone said, it's there for sales.

If they could create a good single player game as you AGAINST Bond and other "enemies", it would be interesting. Multiplayer is anyone's guess...they have the Bond franchise, it always has potential.

mickydaniels
02-25-2004, 10:12 AM
When will they learn?
I didn't care that James Bond was in N64's Goldeneye. I had never seen a Bond movie then, and I still haven't now. The only thing I cared about was that the game was enjoyable when I played it. Nothing more than that. I don't like the concept, because it sounds like a retarded way to sell a game that is probably going to be really bad because people are going to buy it just because it is associated with Bond characters.

Dark Samurai
02-25-2004, 10:43 AM
hmmm..... i dont know

the "Goldeneye" franchise will stay on the N64 for me

i really dont see it happening for me

and how are you going to win the game when you're AGAINST 007???

it bogges the mind

HiddenPotential
02-25-2004, 03:53 PM
When will they learn?.

you're kidding, right?

...right?

Electronic Arts is supposed to cater to your needs...I guess the millions of sold copies of their 007 games have nothing to say about that :rolleyes:

Companies are in industries for MONEY. With videogames, there are tons of intangibles. Brand name recognation, budget room, advertising, spreading the word, and QUALITY among other things. Ultimately, people aren't going to continue to buy SuperMan 64. I think EA knows what they're doing...

TheGame
02-25-2004, 07:57 PM
I think EA knows what they're doing...

I agree, the reason this news strikes me as being false is the fact that it may be a step in the wrong direction from the most recent Bond game, and the fact that this particular "announcement" doesn't have EA's marketing stink on it.

EA is the smartest marketing game developers/producers in the industry, even there lower quality games fly off shelves. The fact that we are even talking about this after such a dumb looking article shows the power of the "goldeneye" licence. Think about it, if it were any other bond game getting such a unclear announcement would be be talking about it?

Jonbo298
02-26-2004, 02:04 PM
Like Dylflon said, if the multi still lives up to the original, it might stand a chance. But I also believe the Goldeneye name was put on there just so people think that its a direct sequel when it feels like its not.

Null
03-03-2004, 09:49 AM
Game....not sure what your on an on about this being false bro. its true. and its not entirly new news, i heard about it a while ago, and it was in the latest EGM, and its on EA's official site.

http://www.eagames.com/news/goldeneye_022704.jsp?src=11hmer2g2000gnonenone

TheGame
03-03-2004, 11:14 AM
Game....not sure what your on an on about this being false bro. its true. and its not entirly new news, i heard about it a while ago, and it was in the latest EGM, and its on EA's official site.

http://www.eagames.com/news/goldeneye_022704.jsp?src=11hmer2g2000gnonenone

Yep, I know it's true now... back when I made those posts it was the first time I ever heard of it.

I find it odd that they have the makers of the original Goldeneye (NRD) in there pocket but they aren't developing this game.

Rndm_Perfection
03-05-2004, 08:14 PM
This is no more a sequal than by name. Goldeneye was based off a film.. Eh... yeah, dumb idea.

And the multiplay for the 64 was excellent because it was new.

To match the excitment that Goldeneye made, this game would have to reinvent a genre. Firstperson shooting wasn't popular to me until Goldeneye. I don't expect great things from this game.

Dark Samurai
03-06-2004, 12:43 PM
This is no more a sequal than by name. Goldeneye was based off a film.. Eh... yeah, dumb idea.

And the multiplay for the 64 was excellent because it was new.

To match the excitment that Goldeneye made, this game would have to reinvent a genre. Firstperson shooting wasn't popular to me until Goldeneye. I don't expect great things from this game.

I whole-heartedly agree

GiMpY-wAnNaBe
03-15-2004, 11:13 PM
it is going to be total C R A P, just from the first few ads,it already looks so gimicky you just know their gonna put it through years of production and come out with a highly polished, yet totally unenjoyable piece of garbage.

TheGame
03-16-2004, 01:54 PM
I dunno now... after playing EON I have gained a little trust for EA and Bond. I think Goldeneye is a step in the wrong direction, but damn, I didn't expect EON to be half as good as it was. I would go out on a limb and say I enjoy EON's single player more than Goldeneye #1.(sadly it took EA 6 years to surpass it, but better is better)