PDA

View Full Version : FFXI on PS2

Crono
02-24-2004, 04:33 PM
The game has just been confirmed for a March 23rd release in North America. My question is... who plans to get the game on PS2 on release or in the future? If you're not already aware, there are a few of us who already own it for PC (Ominub, Rndmperfection, DarkMaster, Hero2, and myself). Personally, I eagerly await the PS2 version's release (and no... it's not to show off my character to the many upcoming newbies.. I swear).

If you know for a fact that you plan on getting the game on PS2, send me a PM and a request and I may let you in the FFXI "Clan" forum (we're not really an actual clan by the way... Ominub has his own linkshell, and Rndm and someone else just started a new one... so yeah).

So basically I'm just wondering if anyone here is getting it on PS2. And if you have any questions about the game, feel free to ask.

Also I may be starting a photo album for the GT people here who have it on PC. So I'll post the link in my sig and you can look and drool at it.

TheGame
02-24-2004, 04:49 PM
yes, whoever joins can go with me on my long journey to catching up to the rest of the clan who will be leaving me in the dust :(

Crono
02-24-2004, 05:40 PM
yes, whoever joins can go with me on my long journey to catching up to the rest of the clan who will be leaving me in the dust :(

Well I'll be around to help. I'll give you sone gil to start and help you with quests and missions later. Unfortunately I wont be able to power level you, because I'm Dragoon, I won't have any healing spells.

But when it comes down to doing advanced job missions and stuff, I can lay waste to the monsters for you :)

Vampyr
02-24-2004, 08:13 PM

I'm going to try to get my drivers liscense soon, and put in an application at the Arby's being built in my town. If I get the Job, I plan on getting FFXI for the PS2.

Me and you can do some leveling. :)

The Germanator
02-24-2004, 09:41 PM
I'm going to try to get my drivers liscense soon, and put in an application at the Arby's being built in my town. If I get the Job, I plan on getting FFXI for the PS2.

Can I get some curly fries?

Jonbo298
02-25-2004, 12:42 AM
Damnit, get me a cheddar roast beef sandwich!

Hero2
02-25-2004, 12:43 AM

first hope you get the job.

next I can power lvl since I have access to ace's old Char since he just got shipped out today. but I can only power level you till like 5 or 6 maby a little more.

Rndm_Perfection
02-25-2004, 08:50 PM

I'll level some of my lower level jobs with you. One good thing about the game is you can be more than one level at the same time :p.

I'm level 31, level 14, level 13, and level 10 whenever I want to be. There are a few other excellent level 1 jobs that I have yet to level.

Oh yeah, I have a friend that will be playing FFXI on the PS2. He's one of those guys who dedicates his life to a game and excels with morbid haste. I don't know how he does it... maybe because he doesn't have school.

Anywho, add one more to the super mini LS we have =¬Þ

Vampyr
02-25-2004, 08:54 PM
Germy and Jonbo:
Drop by sometime. I'll give you a free meal, if I get the job. :D

And yeah, Hero2 is right. I better hope to get the job first. But if I do, sweet FFXI gameage!!!!

ominub
02-26-2004, 12:17 AM
Let me tell ya something now you better make that LS much bigger your going to need friends for things like Genkai 1 and when you want to go get AF gear and stuff. Thats why I love my LS soo much because they are great :)

Hero2
02-26-2004, 12:53 AM
My ls had two people on it the other day. one was me :( I hope it gets bigger theres maybe 10 or 20 people on it, and there only lvl 40 or so. unlike ominubs that has a hell of alot of people on it that are really high lvl. and do we even have a GT ls if so can I get a pearl.

DarkMaster
02-26-2004, 10:59 AM
Let me tell ya something now you better make that LS much bigger your going to need friends for things like Genkai 1 and when you want to go get AF gear and stuff. Thats why I love my LS soo much because they are great :)
Our LS just started on Monday and it already has about 15-20 people, no one below lvl 30, and a quite a few high lvls. The owner of it is a lvl 50 pld with lots of high lvl friends, so its been great so far.

TheGame
02-26-2004, 11:23 AM
Oh yeah, I have a friend that will be playing FFXI on the PS2. He's one of those guys who dedicates his life to a game and excels with morbid haste. I don't know how he does it... maybe because he doesn't have school.

nice... I'm gonna have to hang around that guy online then. I have school, but much less than the HS students here ;)

Rndm_Perfection
02-26-2004, 03:34 PM

Oh, we had good sources going into making the LS. On day two, we had nearly 20 respectable and knowledgeable people in the LS. Also, we had connections to other LSs with plenty of 50+ people willing to help.