PDA

View Full Version : Router Problem

ZebraRampage
02-17-2004, 10:31 PM
Well, I haven't been here for a month. My router just stopped working one day, and it hasn't worked since. I'm stuck using my dad's computer, except I'm too lazy to go on it, that's kind of an oximoron, being too lazy to be lazy by going on the computer all day. When my dad and I hook his computer which is a laptop up to the modem, the internet works fine, but when we hook the laptop up the the router, and hook the router into the modem, it doesn't work. My dad's friend took our router and tried it at his house, and it worked fine. So we think it's the computer. It's just kind of weird that it just stopped working. My dad's computer is a piece of **** though, I just hope he gets a new cpu since he has a keyboard and a monitor. I was just curious as to your opinions on this.

GameMaster
02-17-2004, 10:44 PM
Did you have up-to-date drivers installed on both computers? Maybe try reinstalling the software (if any came with it) and reinstalling the drivers.

ZebraRampage
02-17-2004, 10:49 PM
Well, we tried reinstalling the router, but we never tried reinstalling the drivers on the computer. We're just too lazy..I guess I'll just have to wait till my dad gets a new computer. Whatever, I've lived without it.

GameMaster
02-17-2004, 10:51 PM
Null: erm sorry, GameMaster..., wrong button. deleted it. :( rewrite if you can remember it.

Null
02-18-2004, 12:26 AM
theres not gunna be drivers for a router to put on your computer.

thats just the network card. and if its using broadband and it can get the network thro that same network card its not the network card its the router.

and if you update the firmware on the router be careful cause if that update goes wrong the router is toast and wont work period.

have to see if theres some setings in the router that got messed up. Does the network itself work when you hook the computers up? try hooking them up and going to the 192.168.1.1 or 2.1 and see if that gets you into the options menu.

did you install anything or do anyting before it stoped working?

AND, did you try turning the internet off, and the router, then waiting a couple min and starting em back up?