PDA

View Full Version : I don't know what to be...

Crono
02-14-2004, 12:39 PM
EDIT: Oops, meant to post this in FFXI forum.. please move it because I can't delete it.

About a week ago I was thinking of being a Ninja.. but then I said "screw it, I'll just stick with Paladin...". Well now I'm thinking of being a different job (most likely Ninja). There's a reason for this: Paladin seems like a boring job. I mean, Paladins are tanks... so this is basically what I'm looking at:
Provoke
Attack
Cure to gain hate/Provoke again
rinse and repeat.
I mean, right now I think battles are pretty boring... and If I'm PLD I'll be doing pretty much the same thing since I'm usually the tank of every party that I'm in.

At least with Ninja theres Ninjutsu magic and Dual Wield (which by the way, is absolutely kick ass, everytime I see a NIN w/ dual wield I cant stop looking because its so awesome). But then there's a problem of being a Ninja.. no, it's not the gil I'm worried about, it's the subjob. I can go NIN/WAR or NIN/THF. Most will say NIN/THF is the best but whenever I /sea all NIN 90% are NIN/WAR. And I've heard that most of the time you wont even be accepted into a party if youre a NIN w/o WAR as sub.

But then I could go NIN/THF which technically is the best (much needed DEX and AGI bonuses I believe, plus sneak attack).

So, I don't know... I'd like to hear from Rndm and Ominub, tell me what you guys think because I'm confused right now. I just think PLD will be kind of boring (although I do still think it's a cool job... just boring).

Jason1
02-14-2004, 12:47 PM
............ :sneaky:

Crono
02-14-2004, 05:42 PM
Well I've made up my mind, I'm going to be Ninja/Warrior. There are reasons:
1. Although Ninjustu draws a lot of hate, it's very expensive and I'm not about to spend 10k a night on powders.
2. People expect a Ninja to sub as WAR... and with Utsusemi Ichi I can at least Blink Tank.
3. I don't want to lvl THF.
4. NIN/MNK/SAM armor is so damn awesome (just look at the Jujitsu and Shinobi Gi's)
5. Ninja is a flexible class... in battle you can be expected to do many things, and have many tools at your disposal (this is different than the usual hack/slash/provoke sequence that many melee classes seem to follow).

I'll be spending a lot of time gil farming after I'm done the quest. The only thing I need to worry about is DEX and AGI rings, but like I said... gil farming.

BTW, Rndm, we should try timing it so we can lvl NIN and SAM at the same time.

Rndm_Perfection
02-14-2004, 06:11 PM
BTW, Rndm, we should try timing it so we can lvl NIN and SAM at the same time.

That'd be teh sweet.

But yeah... hmmm, NIN/WAR? I think the reason why NIN/WAR would be awesome is because of Beserk and Double Attack. I wouldn't want a Ninja to be my tank =¬Þ.

I'll still look around for a good SAM sub. I'll test a lot of different things out. I just don't want to end up having to do SAM/WAR, heh.

ominub
02-14-2004, 06:21 PM
to tell ya this now be NIN/THF or THF/NIN for Sneak/Trick attack

Rndm_Perfection
02-14-2004, 07:31 PM
Lvling THF isn't too difficult, unless you're doing it without a subjob.

I say, try out NIN/THF and NIN/WAR. You won't know which one you like more until you mess around with 30/15 for both.

Crono
02-15-2004, 01:00 AM
to tell ya this now be NIN/THF or THF/NIN for Sneak/Trick attack

But everyone's saying that most people want a NIN/WAR...

But I'll try out both as sub and see how things go. Maybe, if me and Rndm lvl together, I'll just lvl THF when he's not online or something..

Rndm_Perfection
02-15-2004, 11:35 AM
But everyone's saying that most people want a NIN/WAR...

Eeeh, who has said that? When I hear "people want a NIN/WAR" I think... "people want a Ninja that can provoke". And needing a Ninja to sacrafice damage for a provoke is frightening O_o.

What you could do is use War as a sub for Ninja until you reach level 30, and then start subbing Thief.

DarkMaster
02-15-2004, 12:23 PM
So, I don't know... I'd like to hear from Rndm and Ominub, tell me what you guys think because I'm confused right now. I just think PLD will be kind of boring (although I do still think it's a cool job... just boring).
Oh, so my input isn't important enough is it? Well you sir can rot in hell.

Anywho...

Why don't you do it like I am? WAR will be my sub until I hit 60 with SAM. Then I'll be thinking about something different for a sub. Keep NIN/WAR till your NIN is 60, that way you dont need to spend time lvling a new sub. And once you're at 60, you'll have lots of time to try out new things and lvl new jobs and etc.

Oh yeah, I think one of your first scrolls is 160K. Have fun with that, heh.

Crono
02-15-2004, 04:34 PM
Oh, so my input isn't important enough is it? Well you sir can rot in hell.

Anywho...

Why don't you do it like I am? WAR will be my sub until I hit 60 with SAM. Then I'll be thinking about something different for a sub. Keep NIN/WAR till your NIN is 60, that way you dont need to spend time lvling a new sub. And once you're at 60, you'll have lots of time to try out new things and lvl new jobs and etc.

Oh yeah, I think one of your first scrolls is 160K. Have fun with that, heh.

Pfft... why would I need your opinion?
j/k

But thats a good idea.

Crono
02-15-2004, 08:30 PM
This is off topic, but:

This weekend has been very unproductive! I'm level 27, I could have been 30 by now. Nearly all of my parties were quite unproductive, and the ones that were good didn't last that long. Meanwhile, this girl that I was pt'ing w/ last night (who was lvl 26) is now lvl 29 and she's been in Yuhtunga the whole time. I just signed off because our WHM died and we sat around for 25 (YES, twenty five) frickin minutes doing **** all. Hopefully I can reach level 30 by thursday and do Ninja quest friday night...

Hero2
02-16-2004, 06:12 AM
off topic lol you sat for 25 min. doing nothing that sucks.

but I gotcha beat I sat for 2 and a half hours seeking PT got in the PT died on the first kill lvled down and the PT disbaned then I sat for another 2 and a half hours.

and you gave up hope after 25 min shame

back on topic Alot of people talk about what jobs get PTs and what jobs dont but in all honesty no one cares unless there hurting for a tank or a whm do what jobs you want and people will invite you hell everybody tells me I wont get in a PT with war whm but I do all the time.

btw WHM IS A BITCH TO LVL if you want a job that wont be boring pick whm I was soo buzy being a whm I lvled and dident even notice.

and good luck on the ninja quest hopefully I should get my pld in a month or so.

Rndm_Perfection
02-16-2004, 11:22 AM
btw WHM IS A BITCH TO LVL if you want a job that wont be boring pick whm I was soo buzy being a whm I lvled and dident even notice.

I don't even know what you said there... so I don't know if I can relate O_o.

But I've noticed it's super easy to get a party with WHM. I get invites often without seeking. Now I have to go anonymous just to save myself from spam.

WHM takes quite a bit of concentration in battle if you want to keep members safe. If anything bad happens, there are two people that it's easy to blame: Vokers who didn't voke... or healers (whatever the situation). I enjoy it though.

I had 10 levels of warrior (and we all know how crappy the game gets at level 10) when I decided to switch to WHM to get rid of all my party seeking problems.

Oh yeah, Crono and I were in a party with a couple of NIN/WARs. One of them (Japanese) knew what he was doing, so his blink tanking was absolutely amazing. It was just about as amazing as that Garuda summon =¬Þ. That is, the summon that casts "Blinkra". Man, that's a godly spell.

Crono
02-16-2004, 03:16 PM
Oh yeah, Crono and I were in a party with a couple of NIN/WARs. One of them (Japanese) knew what he was doing, so his blink tanking was absolutely amazing. It was just about as amazing as that Garuda summon =¬Þ. That is, the summon that casts "Blinkra". Man, that's a godly spell.

Well that doesn't matter to me anymore...

I've decided on Dragoon/Samurai...

*pause*

Yes, I change my mind so many times its not even funny but this is the LAST time...

DRG/SAM is a killer combo damage wise... and much more entertaining.

Crono
02-29-2004, 10:52 PM
Whoo.. and it's back to being PLD. Doing the quest tomorrow night.

Rndm_Perfection
02-29-2004, 10:55 PM

You owe both DM and I 3000 gil and three hours of our lives =¬Þ

But hey, congrats on the decision. Mayhaps you'll stick with it.

Crono
02-29-2004, 10:59 PM
You owe both DM and I 3000 gil and three hours of our lives =¬Þ

But hey, congrats on the decision. Mayhaps you'll stick with it.

Mayhaps? I wont ever try out another job until Im at level cap with Paladin.. I'm going all the way.

And bah, you guys didn't have to come anyway.

Rndm_Perfection
02-29-2004, 11:01 PM
Mayhaps? I wont ever try out another job until Im at level cap with Paladin.. I'm going all the way.

And bah, you guys didn't have to come anyway.

Eh, you needed someone, didn't you? And who got us Phalen, huh? Huh?

Nah, I honestly don't care. I want to test out DRG some time.

DarkMaster
03-01-2004, 01:11 PM
Well I've made up my mind, I'm going to be Ninja/Warrior.
Well that doesn't matter to me anymore...

I've decided on Dragoon/Samurai...

*pause*

Yes, I change my mind so many times its not even funny but this is the LAST time...

DRG/SAM is a killer combo damage wise... and much more entertaining.
Coming up next week, Crono becomes a Bard!

Rndm_Perfection
03-01-2004, 03:15 PM
Coming up next week, Crono becomes a Bard!

SMN/BST so he can have a solo party.