PDA

View Full Version : Silent Hill 4: the Room...NEW *creepy* TRAILER

Perfect Stu
02-13-2004, 11:11 AM
15 MB TRAILER (http://www.sh2004.com/mov/sh4_15m.wmv)

spooky...

Ace195
02-13-2004, 12:04 PM
o.0 me likes.. gonna have to buy that also :)

thatmariolover
02-13-2004, 02:02 PM
The qualtity of animation in a Silent Hill game is always amazing. I can hardly wait for this after playing 2 & 3 (is the original any good?).

I'd really like to see a new trailor for RE4, but I doubt Capcom could make a trailer that even comes close to rivaling Silent Hill trailers.

Dark Samurai
02-13-2004, 02:54 PM
Wow thats freaky-freaky!

i might just have to buy a PS2 just for this game; maybe not :unsure:

BlueFire
02-13-2004, 03:08 PM
The qualtity of animation in a Silent Hill game is always amazing. I can hardly wait for this after playing 2 & 3 (is the original any good?).

I'd really like to see a new trailor for RE4, but I doubt Capcom could make a trailer that even comes close to rivaling Silent Hill trailers.
Yes, Silent Hill is good. It is directly connected with SH3.

Canyarion
02-13-2004, 04:50 PM
*waits for the trailer to load*

Edit:
Nice, creepy and stuff.
But I don't really like how the gameplay all comes down to defeating stupid ugly beasts.
The trailers and cut-scenes are creepy, but when you're walking around, you don't have anything to do with ghosty stuff... :unsure:

Jonbo298
02-13-2004, 06:23 PM
That was very odd/freaky....

Perfect Stu
02-13-2004, 06:32 PM
But I don't really like how the gameplay all comes down to defeating stupid ugly beasts.
The trailers and cut-scenes are creepy, but when you're walking around, you don't have anything to do with ghosty stuff... :unsure:

there's what....maybe 20 seconds of gameplay footage in the trailer...and you've already formed that opinion?

Ginkasa
02-13-2004, 08:45 PM
*waits for the trailer to load*

Edit:
Nice, creepy and stuff.

Have, uh, you ever played a Silent Hill game? 'Cause it sounds like you haven't...

*shrugs and walks away*

Dylflon
02-13-2004, 08:51 PM
WOW! I jsut finished Silent Hill 3. And I can't believe this one is coming out this year! That looks way scarier than the previous ones. I can't wait.

Now, I made the connection between the first and third Silent Hills, but what did the second one have to do with anything?

thatmariolover
02-13-2004, 10:06 PM
WOW! I jsut finished Silent Hill 3. And I can't believe this one is coming out this year! That looks way scarier than the previous ones. I can't wait.

Now, I made the connection between the first and third Silent Hills, but what did the second one have to do with anything?

I don't know, the voice acting was so bad in the second one I only paid as much attention as I absolutely had to...

Ginkasa
02-13-2004, 10:21 PM

The second was just its own story. It didn't have any real relation to SHs 1 or 3 besides the town itself.

*shrugs and walks away*

BlueFire
02-13-2004, 11:22 PM
The second one was it's own story and supposedly, so will the 4th

Canyarion
02-14-2004, 05:32 AM
Have, uh, you ever played a Silent Hill game? 'Cause it sounds like you haven't...
I have. Not whole games, just big parts with a friend. And I know SH's gameplay.

Of course, it has lots of in-game scaryness, but you can't really do anything about that.
Like in SH2, where you fall down a whole and stupid scary bugs start to eat you or something...
And in SH3, the mirror room, that was FREAKY, but you can only watch it.

Most of the gameplay it killing ugly doggy beasts and drunken nurses. :)

Perfect Stu
02-14-2004, 02:55 PM
I have. Not whole games, just big parts with a friend. And I know SH's gameplay.

Of course, it has lots of in-game scaryness, but you can't really do anything about that.
Like in SH2, where you fall down a whole and stupid scary bugs start to eat you or something...
And in SH3, the mirror room, that was FREAKY, but you can only watch it.

Most of the gameplay it killing ugly doggy beasts and drunken nurses. :)

then go play Super Mario Sunshine. This isn't a platform or action game where you can hop here or there and swing from things and play mini-games...it's a survival horror game, with the emphasis on horror. The protagonists are basically REAL PEOPLE, going through a real-life nightmare. What would you do in a situation like that? Do double-flips and tornado-kicks to some freaky 3-legged monster?

SH = atmosphere over anything else.

thatmariolover
02-14-2004, 03:10 PM
What would you do in a situation like that? Do double-flips and tornado-kicks to some freaky 3-legged monster?

Haha. Indeed. If that's a horror experience you're looking for (I feel sorry for you), play Nightmare Creatures.... :Puke:

Canyarion
02-14-2004, 04:18 PM
then go play Super Mario Sunshine. This isn't a platform or action game where you can hop here or there and swing from things and play mini-games...it's a survival horror game, with the emphasis on horror. The protagonists are basically REAL PEOPLE, going through a real-life nightmare. What would you do in a situation like that? Do double-flips and tornado-kicks to some freaky 3-legged monster?

I don't know what made you type that. I'm just saying that the trailer can look creepy, but that most SH games don't 'play' quite that scary. :unsure: Not saying that it isn't scary....

One Winged Angel
02-14-2004, 05:01 PM

:O correct equation would be SH = Atmosphere > everything else

Perfect Stu
02-14-2004, 06:12 PM
^^^ that's what I meant

And what game PLAYS 'scared'??? :confused: I have no idea what you mean by that...

Canyarion
02-14-2004, 06:50 PM
Hm well basicly no game does that. :p (BTW I meant 'scary')
You never get to fight things that aren't some kind of zombie...

Have to admit that SH comes the closest though... but I'd like to see more vague stuff like running away form things... o_O

Dylflon
02-14-2004, 07:56 PM
You've never played Fatal Frame. Now that's a scary game. It has ghosts. You don't fight them but you take pictures of them and capture them on film. That's not a game you want to be playing by yourself late at night.

DeathsHand
02-15-2004, 03:17 PM
You've never played Fatal Frame. Now that's a scary game. It has ghosts. You don't fight them but you take pictures of them and capture them on film. That's not a game you want to be playing by yourself late at night.

I don't really find any games or movies scary...

Then only thing that scares me are those supposidly true ghost-esque stories they show on TV... Like documentary shows and stuff...

Ghosts in movies/games aren't very scary... Neither are zombies... So if you're gonna be fighting something, it might as well be some crazy disgusting mutated nasty bloody creatures like in Silent Hill :sneaky:

thatmariolover
02-15-2004, 10:00 PM
I think Silent Hill games are really scary. The way the nurses move in the 3'rd one? Ugg. Nightmares... And those two headed baby monsters that charge on their two giant arms (new trailer). Those look freaky...

I don't know. Silent Hill games are just scary. The way Konami presents atmosphere is terrifying. Resident Evil games are cheep thrills when things jump out at you (in general).