PDA

View Full Version : UT2k4 Demo

Jonbo298
02-11-2004, 08:28 PM
If you don't know already, the demo for Unreal Tournament 2004 is out. I played a few quick practice games, and I kicked their asses. I can't wait for the full game now! :D

Dark Samurai
02-11-2004, 09:00 PM
does anyone know if the demo came out for mac already?

Edit: YES!!! it is out for mac, came out today also!!! im downloading it now

Seth
02-11-2004, 09:01 PM
does anyone know if the demo came out for mac already?

I'm almost sure the mac version isn't out.

And I have to get this game. What a score. It's cheaper and includes everything that was in UT2003.

So, impressions with the vehicles? Better than Halo?

Jonbo298
02-11-2004, 09:52 PM
I should try a match with the vehicles. All I did was a few quick matches to see how well it is.

GameMaster
02-11-2004, 09:56 PM
I'm excited.

Null
02-11-2004, 10:08 PM

And I have to get this game. What a score. It's cheaper and includes everything that was in UT2003.

HAHAHAHHHAAAAAHAHAAAHAAA

*reads again*

HAHAAAAHAAAAAHAAAAAAA

better then halo? my friend a stick of flaming poop is better then halo.

this SLAUGHTERS halo, expecially the vehicles. they actually have phisics and dont float around like halos, halos were some of the sloppiest vehical controls ever.

And for the Demo, i been playin since the first hour it was released today. and OMG, Onslaught is SOOOO much fun.

i just been rackin up the kills, i love thoes turrets to shoot down planes. hehehehe.

so much fun.
and Voice chat built in is a very nice feature, i wish tho i could make voice come out my headset and normal game come out my speakers.

Names xiphenull right now if any of ya see me.
:)

GiMpY-wAnNaBe
02-11-2004, 11:21 PM

I'm sorry, but null is write.....if you were to slide an oil glazed brick on a smooth surface it would not be very unlike the vehicle handling in halo....horrendous handeling...although i haven't tried UT2K4 yet. much like GM....I'm excited

...and i just can't hide it

...i know, i know, i know , i want to, i want to....
...sorry :D

Seth
02-12-2004, 02:19 AM
K, i've put in about 1/2 hour of gaming into it.

:yippie:

This is beautiful. You can totally tell the inhancements with the engine. I have it running at highest detail and not a slowdown.

mmmmmmmm

Well, I'm getting this game. Final. I mean, it's 10 bucks cheaper than most games off the start and it's backwards compatible...mmmm

Hey, soon as I get some stuff sorted out i wanna play you guys.

Oh, and PMDC is up again. We're only playing gunbound right now though.

Null
02-12-2004, 09:09 AM
K, i've put in about 1/2 hour of gaming into it.

:yippie:

This is beautiful. You can totally tell the inhancements with the engine. I have it running at highest detail and not a slowdown.

mmmmmmmm

Well, I'm getting this game. Final. I mean, it's 10 bucks cheaper than most games off the start and it's backwards compatible...mmmm

Hey, soon as I get some stuff sorted out i wanna play you guys.

Oh, and PMDC is up again. We're only playing gunbound right now though.

its not backwards compatable with 2k3 anymore. They said some of the enhancments have been too great to keep it able to play on 2k3 servers. Which IMO is a good thing for this game. the ability to play on 2k3 servers woulda only been for the first week or so anyway till ppl made them into 2k4 servers.

Yoda9864
02-12-2004, 11:35 AM
Mmmmmmm, must get this game. Seriously, this game rocks, and it only the demo.

Null
02-12-2004, 11:42 AM
and DAMN, the more i play of Onslaught in this the more i love it. one of the most fun game types i've played in quite a while. Cant wait for this game.

the Demo itself has already shot up to #6 at http://www.gamespy.com/stats/ for most players. not bad for a demo on its first day. over 5000 on right now, and im sure that reaches more at night.

Sad to be at work and unable to play it right now tho :(

Seth
02-12-2004, 07:08 PM
So, does that mean it won't have any UT2003 maps....or just not able to play people who are on UT2003?

Null
02-12-2004, 07:20 PM
So, does that mean it won't have any UT2003 maps....or just not able to play people who are on UT2003?

just cant play with ppl using ut2k3.

i still believe it ships with all of 2003's maps in it.

and they said for custom maps from 2k3, all they need is for the maker to load it up and recompile it in the map maker program for them to work in 2k4.

Jason1
02-12-2004, 08:38 PM
I downloaded this demo today. It is quite pretty looking, but im having some trouble with the server refreshing, and just getting into a server.

Jonbo298
02-12-2004, 08:43 PM
Do you have a firewall Jason1? I've noticed that I usually have to disable my Norton fw because it takes too long to refresh a server and sometimes get into a game.

Null
02-12-2004, 09:02 PM
Do you have a firewall Jason1? I've noticed that I usually have to disable my Norton fw because it takes too long to refresh a server and sometimes get into a game.

thier master server has been down most the day with an overload. they been tryin to fix it. so its a bit slow when it is working. should be fixed pretty soon.

hang in there. or try out Gamespy to get a list of servers.

CrOnO_LiNk
02-12-2004, 09:17 PM
thier master server has been down most the day with an overload. they been tryin to fix it. so its a bit slow when it is working. should be fixed pretty soon.

hang in there. or try out Gamespy to get a list of servers.

I've played 2003's demo for a very long time, I loved it. I'll try downloading 2004 right now. :)

Dark Samurai
02-13-2004, 08:37 AM
I've played 2003's demo for a very long time, I loved it. I'll try downloading 2004 right now. :)

Good Luck

it took me 2 days to get it

Null
02-13-2004, 09:16 AM
Good Luck

it took me 2 days to get it

thats pretty bad man. took me within the 1st hour of release. theres a ton of places to download it from. at the worst, just step in line at fileplanet and wait an hour in line to download.

Dark Samurai
02-13-2004, 09:34 AM
thats pretty bad man. took me within the 1st hour of release. theres a ton of places to download it from. at the worst, just step in line at fileplanet and wait an hour in line to download.

but i had to download it for a mac

Null
02-13-2004, 10:02 AM
but i had to download it for a mac

ok then, just my first sentence still :D

Dark Samurai
02-13-2004, 10:48 AM
ok then, just my first sentence still :D

lol

Bube
02-13-2004, 03:39 PM
Great game! Onslaught is soooooo much fun! I'm usually on a multiplay.co.uk Onslaught server (because of my low ping - about 200 (don't laugh, that's good for me)). My name's Nighthawk if you ever connect to one of their servers.

BTW, it took me 2 and a half hours to download. Is that bad?

Canyarion
02-13-2004, 05:02 PM
Purple Monkey Dishwasher Clan. :rofl:
:D

Jonbo298
02-13-2004, 06:17 PM
It only took me around 10-15 minutes to download the demo...but then again I have a subscription to fileplanet:p And don't laugh at me for paying a sub. to fileplant, because I don't have the time to wait in lines for something anymore.

Null
02-13-2004, 06:24 PM
It only took me around 10-15 minutes to download the demo...but then again I have a subscription to fileplanet:p And don't laugh at me for paying a sub. to fileplant, because I don't have the time to wait in lines for something anymore.

hey, its nice to have.

i prefer filefront.com tho these days.

And damn, this demo is getting popular. right now http://www.gamespy.com/stats/
has it listed as over 9,000 ppl playing. thats getting up there to compete with Battlefield 1942 which usually has 10,000 to 11,000

Ace195
02-14-2004, 12:34 PM
jon put that on a cd so I can put it on my laptop along withevery other game you might have mwahahah :drevil:

Bube
02-14-2004, 01:19 PM
Can I ... uhhh ... have your username? Please?

:p

Jonbo298
02-14-2004, 06:44 PM
I think the demo is multi only. So unless someone releases a little patch that allows bot in the UT2k4 demo, its not gonna work very well unless you can LAN it.

Bube, for $60, you get a year of no waits and most likely faster downloads (i did at least)

Bube
02-15-2004, 05:57 AM
I know you don't wait, and it's faster, but how faster? What's your connection? Your normal d/load speed? And the fileplanet d/load speed? I mean, is it really worth it? Because there are usually a lot of free places where you don't need to wait.

Jonbo298
02-15-2004, 07:09 AM
Well, when I download from East Coast #2 I get around 300-330K downloads (sometimes can dip to 250k, but if it starts getting lower, i just restart the download unless its more then 60-70% done). I have a cable connection. Normal d/l speed varies ALOT from site to site. Some sites get me 300k+ downloads, others get me 50k or less. But I usually seem to average about 200k or more, but the condition varies alot for me. To me so far it seems worth it, since I only get about 2-4 hours a day (depending on when i feel like waking up) to be online and do stuff so I dont have time to wait an hour or longer at 5-7pm in the afternoon to download something.

The freeplaces are good for no waiting times if your on dialup. But their servers are usually slow and I can't take the slowness anymore. So I decided to pay a 1 year fee for FPlanet and its paying off pretty good so far and I've only had it for about a month or so. Its up to you if its worth it. For I believe $7, you can try it for a month to month basis, which you can use to see if its worth to pay for a year (and save money).

Canyarion
02-15-2004, 08:05 AM
I'll try to DL it on K++. :)

Null
02-15-2004, 09:56 AM
I think the demo is multi only. So unless someone releases a little patch that allows bot in the UT2k4 demo, its not gonna work very well unless you can LAN it.

Bube, for $60, you get a year of no waits and most likely faster downloads (i did at least)

actually. goto 'instant action', setup a game and go into it

it'll put bots in for you.

Jonbo298
02-15-2004, 11:11 AM
Ah, didn't know. But the bots are too easy anyways:p Final version will have a difficulty so I have a challenge.

Stonecutter
02-15-2004, 05:14 PM
I downloaded this last night and just got to it today. Although I'm still looking forward to BF:V more, this has just moved onto the "must buy" list.

Edit: Now #4 on the gamespy stats.

And theres more people playing UT than UT2k3.

Null
02-20-2004, 10:20 AM
I downloaded this last night and just got to it today. Although I'm still looking forward to BF:V more, this has just moved onto the "must buy" list.

as of right now. both BF:vietnam and UT2004 come out on 3/16

thats gunna be a damn good gaming day. :D

Dark Samurai
02-20-2004, 10:25 AM
as of right now. both BF:vietnam and UT2004 come out on 3/16

dont you mean 3/16?

Null
02-20-2004, 11:38 AM
dont you mean 3/16?

what are you talking about? thats what i said. :sneaky: