PDA

View Full Version : Official: Next Nintendo Console Canceled or Delayed

thatmariolover
02-09-2004, 05:45 PM
http://cube.ign.com/articles/491/491054p1.html

What is up with Nintendo of Japan? Do they not understand that they are bungling everything they launch with their skewed business strategies? I mean, not releasing a successor to the Gamecube (or if they do, delaying it). And then contradicting themselves almost immediately (Miyamoto’s interview with Nintendo Power Europe: http://cube.ign.com/articles/490/490978p1.html). I am sincerely starting to hate everything that Nintendo of Japan stands for. I just really don't see Nintendo being successful with their business strategy. The US side of Nintendo really seems to understand why they aren't doing as well as they should be, but the Japanese side seems very narrow-minded and arrogant to me. I'm really sick of them because they're not giving us what we want; they're giving us what they think we should want. It's like gifts from my parents during my younger years. I’d like to end my rant with a quote from our favorite company: "customers are fully satisfied with the performance of the current model.” This will forever be known as the most blatantly uninformed statement of the Twenty-First century. Maybe I’m overreacting. What do you think?

!!!Edit!!!
IGN has edited the first link now. It used to read "Gamecube Successor Delayed!" and now it reads:
"Nintendo Plans GCN Peripherals To extend life of console until successor arrives.

Different aspects of the news story were changed as well, making the delay look much less negative. I don't know if Nintendo complained or what, but the changes are there. I don't know why.

Ginkasa
02-09-2004, 06:23 PM
*slaps forehead*

Gah, this is going to go nowhere. These perihperals, no matters how great they are, probably won't sell well at all. Peripherals hardly ever do, especially the kind that Nintendo seems to be planning.

*sigh*

*shrugs and walks away*

Jonbo298
02-09-2004, 07:38 PM
I read this earlier today and Nikkei (sp?) made it sound like Nintendo was 100% certain they were going to wait. I'm glad NOA contacted IGN to clear up what the Nikkei was reporting. But depending on how these peripherals will be used, it could be a good/bad thing. I remember Sega tried this and it didn't turn out so great. But who knows...

GameMaster
02-09-2004, 07:53 PM
I hope its something cool like a GBA Camera. I don't want any lame things like e-Card readers. I suppose there'll be some kind of transfer pack thing for Pokémon Colluseum arriving in March. I would just rather have some outstanding games instead of peripherals

Jason1
02-09-2004, 08:00 PM
This is good news in my book. Instead of just letting the Cube die slilently while a successor takes shapes, it just might go out with a bang, thanks to the help of some perhiprials. There is still that one extension port on the bottom thats not being used....

The Germanator
02-09-2004, 08:58 PM
Eh...This sounds silly. I'd much rather have a new system than a bunch of crap for the Gamecube. I suppose as long as they make a hit game every three-four months, that will keep me playing it.(which is the only reason I bought it in the first place) I'll wait two years for a new system if only to play a Zelda and Mario sequel on the Cube, that'll be fine with me.

GameKinG
02-09-2004, 09:02 PM
NOA confirmed that its nothing more than speculation, and the next Nintendo console is still on track. So much for that news.

Dyne
02-09-2004, 09:38 PM
You know what? IGNCUBE is really starting to piss ME off.

Dark Samurai
02-09-2004, 09:58 PM
You know what? IGNCUBE is really starting to piss ME off.

you and i both

Crash
02-09-2004, 10:22 PM
Nintendo DD
Sega CD
Sega 32x

these mean anything to anyone? periferals blow! unless it's a lifesize/realistic supermodel accessory i dont want it. what a crock of donkey ****

Jonbo298
02-09-2004, 10:53 PM
DD had potential, but it never got a chance to take off. I want a 64DD just because they are extremely rare and had some odd games. I just wanna play Sim City in full 3D (just because its on a 64:p)

Dyne
02-10-2004, 01:17 AM
Sega CD

Wha? That was a good "peripheral." :( It had some awesome games on it. Lunar, Eternal Champions, Sonic CD..

Aside from the Gameboy Player, I don't think we're going to see any more peripherals of that caliber for our dear Gamecube.

Canyarion
02-10-2004, 06:53 AM
Why do you need a transfer pack? :rolleyes: You have the Advance cable, right???

So the story's probably fake, but I don't think Ninty is risking to delay the N5.

thatmariolover
02-10-2004, 07:06 AM
No, it would appear that they are not delaying it. The source that originally wrote the article mixed a lot of old and new quotes to get the desired article.

Very irresponsible reporting on their part.

Jonbo298
02-10-2004, 07:10 AM
As demonstrated lately, anyone can create a bad news story about Nintendo and it can get thrown out of proportion VERY easily. I feel sorry for Ninty.

TheGame
02-10-2004, 04:26 PM
True or false, Gamecube is still crappy, and changes need to be made

*jumps down warp pipe*

Cyrax9
03-11-2004, 05:06 AM
If thisis BS than someone needs to flip IGN the bird for posting it and making a ba situation sound worse!

If this is true than, well I'll hav eto P-Shop a poster together:

R.I.P. Nintendo

Face it at this point the two other Console builders have a stake in electronics or computers or both. Perhaps Nintendo should consider a merger with Apple, it would be benefical for both companies an I could see it as a way for Ninty to get back on top and smite Micro$oft at the same time.

Sony seems to be doing everything NIntendo did wit the N64 and NIntendo seems to be acting ignorant again!

Has Iwata become Yamauchi Jr.? I hope not -- it's going to bea cold day in hell before Nintendo dies, if they're desperate they should consider a merger with someone like Apple, they're on the up after a slump, I can only see good tings in thier future, maybe Panny will take over Nintendo, or merge. THat'd work as well if they want to smite Sony since Panny and Sony or mortal enemies in the biz world.

Jonbo298
03-11-2004, 05:27 AM
I swear I remember saying probably a long time back that Ninty and Apple should collaborate together.