PDA

View Full Version : Problem--Please Help

Shiz
02-08-2004, 11:06 AM
I downloaded 2 files from kazaa, they appear (the icon) as a white window with a blue border (thats thickest at top, kinda like a dos window). when i open it, a black dos window opens, then closes. i CANNOT delete/move/re-name them; it tells me the program is being used by something else, and to turn it off then delete em, even tho thats not the case. my friend told me that its a "minor" virus...whatever that means. how can i delete them!? Thanks!

Bond
02-08-2004, 11:35 AM
Don't download programs from Kazaa.

Null
02-08-2004, 11:50 AM
Don't download programs from Kazaa.

too true, too true.

you can try rebooting. or start, run, msconfig / startup tab, and uncheck the unknown or weird looking ones then reboot again and try deleating.

or virus program. dos might work depending on what windows you use

Blade Runner
02-08-2004, 12:31 PM
Wuh oh, sounds like you downloaded a virus. Try rebooting and navigating to the kazaa shared folder and deleting them that way. If it says its in use alt + ctrl + del and in task manager (under the processes tab) see if you can find it in there. If so select it and end process. I'd also scan the computer for viruses with whatever antivirus you got. Hm...yup. *runs off*

Jonbo298
02-08-2004, 07:35 PM
If you don't have an Antivirus program and you downloaded stuff from kazaa, i can't really feel sorry if it is a virus.

Hero2
02-08-2004, 09:22 PM
lol I couldent move/cut/delete the msn icon on my desktop....but then again msn is a virus =-D

GiMpY-wAnNaBe
02-08-2004, 10:25 PM
move it into a folder, or move every thing else in the folder, go up a directory, and then select that folder and move it into a recycling bin. may sound stupid...no wait....it does sound stupid....but i was in a similar situation and it worked for me

Ace195
02-09-2004, 10:39 AM
Boot into safe mode, It will disable everything from starting up so you can just go into it and delete it.. You should get AVG antivirus or something because to be without it just lame.. :P to boot into safe mode you just hold F8 when you get the computer into windows, not too sure on xp but should work..

2 weeks till afghan.