PDA

View Full Version : Shame on EB

Jonbo298
02-08-2004, 06:19 AM
http://www.abcactionnews.com/stories/2004/01/040129hallofshame.shtml

If this is 100% true, then I feel sorry for the woman.

Dark Samurai
02-08-2004, 11:06 AM
Thats funked up right there

what an a$$hole that guy, stealing just to pay the rent

CrOnO_LiNk
02-08-2004, 05:04 PM
Thats funked up right there

what an a$$hole that guy, stealing just to pay the rent

That's really ****ed up... $87 worth of gaming is now going to end up in court. EB should've just gave everything back without charging...

Dyne
02-08-2004, 05:48 PM
Meh, if they deal with stuff like that, they deserve to be treated like a pawn shop.

GameMaster
02-08-2004, 05:58 PM
EB is a cheap-ass store. They don't accept checks at my local one. I only buy from the mass general retail corporations like Target, Best Buy, and Toys R Us. The people that work at our local EB are losers also, they act elite and superior.

Happydude
02-08-2004, 06:08 PM
EB is ok here...i dunno...but this is just dumb...i think they should just have returned the stuff to the lady....but on the other hand i would just give her the money and tell her to save up for a tredmil..

Dark Samurai
02-08-2004, 06:42 PM
EB is ok here...i dunno...but this is just dumb...i think they should just have returned the stuff to the lady....but on the other hand i would just give her the money and tell her to save up for a tredmil..

agreed

Hero2
02-08-2004, 07:22 PM
I Thought if (by law) you purchased solen goods and found out they were stolen you had to give back the stuff regardless of loss. Anyway I wouldent have paid to get my stuff back I would have labled them an accesory and gotten my stuff back that way. Big companeis seem to respond to law suits better then they do customers. IMO

TheSlyMoogle
02-08-2004, 08:49 PM
True to the fact that EB are Jerks, I still like the Idea of being able to purchase video games used. I don't like the fact that EB has failed to have Guilty Gear XX forever now since the release date and I haven't been able to find it there. Oh boy wait until I can finally get a job and a debit card. EBAY HERE I COME!

Also did anyone else sign up for free EGM from EB and never get it? Hmm...

Ace195
02-09-2004, 10:47 AM
I Thought if (by law) you purchased solen goods and found out they were stolen you had to give back the stuff regardless of loss. Anyway I wouldent have paid to get my stuff back I would have labled them an accesory and gotten my stuff back that way. Big companeis seem to respond to law suits better then they do customers. IMO
Jeff, while I'm amazed that you said something referring to legal terms. There is no way that you can place them as an accessory. Because first they would have to have known that the merchandise was stolen and still bought it and resold it. If they knew that thats all fine and dandy but still you would be able to charge the corporate EB with it you would be able to charge the person who did the buying and reselling with accessory. Either way I'm gonna bet there is some disclaimer somewhere in the store that says that they aren't responsible for any merchandise that might have been stolen and I bet it's 100% legal.. They don't have to show you these things (Unless you ask) they just have to have them on hand incase you ask to see them. So charging the company would get you no where, her best bet it to sue the person that stole her merchandise for the "COST" of which she had origionally bought them that is the best way to get her money back for her Treadmil..

thatmariolover
02-09-2004, 12:53 PM
Jeff, while I'm amazed that you said something referring to legal terms. There is no way that you can place them as an accessory. Because first they would have to have known that the merchandise was stolen and still bought it and resold it.[/B]

Technically they did. They resold it to her. Plus they violated state law by not keeping the stuff for 15 days. It's as much their fault as the thiefs.

Null
02-10-2004, 12:38 PM
her best bet it to sue the person that stole her merchandise for the "COST" of which she had origionally bought them that is the best way to get her money back for her Treadmil..

its possible she might get back what the CURRENT cost is in store for her stuff if she sues the person who stole it...

Theres no way in hell she could sue and get back the cost that she ORIGINALLY paid for them.

Thats like getting your 1985 car stolen, and then sueing and getting back the original cost for it. wont happen.

They way it should happen, (as in nice way) the store gives her back her stuff for free then the store goes and sues the guy for the cost they paid him. because she was in no way in fault for any of this. the store has a little blame of the way they handled things and didnt wait a certain amoutn of days. so it should be the stores trouble.

But it doesnt always happen like that.