PDA

View Full Version : Sounds from games used in other stuff

Canyarion
02-02-2004, 10:40 AM
I hear quite often a sound of which I'm sure is from a game.
In the clip of 'Hit that' from 'Offspring', in the end you can hear a wolf howling or something. I'm pretty sure that it's the same sound as in Killer Instinct Gold, when Sabrewulf howles after he wins. :)

In a certain dance song, you hear a silenced gun shot. It sounds EXACTLY like the 'silenced PP7' shot in Golden Eye 64.

In Zelda TWW, there are these flying wizard thingies that create a ball or something from which an enemy comes out... don't really remember.
The sound you hear there is EXACTLY the sound that a Dark Templar makes in Star Craft (when attacking).

I hear more stuff, but I can't remember it now.

Oh yeah, in WarCraft 2, when you click on an Orc farm, you hear a pig. That sound is from a movie I saw. Well, I didn't see the whole movie, just the very minute where you hear the sound.
It's some kind of Mexican movie, where 2 people are talking (or threatening) and then 1 dude walks into a pig lying on the floor... which makes the pig noise.
But I think Blizzard ripped that one from the movie. :)

Ever have problems like me? :(

jeepnut
02-02-2004, 12:49 PM
At the beginning of the Five Iron Frenzy song "Wizard Needs Food Badly", they use an old piece of video game dialogue that says "Wizard needs food, badly." At the end of the song, you hear the same voice say "Wizard is about to die."

Any idea what video game that's from?

Dyne
02-02-2004, 01:03 PM
Actually.. I think these would only be coincidences because the game sound developers and the music industry both use the same sound libraries for samples...

Anyways, I was sure in Aaliyah's break out hit that I heard Mario RPG instruments.

DeathsHand
02-02-2004, 01:17 PM
What Dyne said...

But I've heard quite a few... The gasp-ish sounds in Goldeneye when your characters get hit (both male and female) has been used in a number of commercials, previews, other games, etc...

Jonbo298
02-02-2004, 06:26 PM
At the beginning of the Five Iron Frenzy song "Wizard Needs Food Badly", they use an old piece of video game dialogue that says "Wizard needs food, badly." At the end of the song, you hear the same voice say "Wizard is about to die."

Any idea what video game that's from?

I believe its from Gauntlet. The game with 4 players and whatnot. Because I remember that "Wizard needs food badly" line.

bobcat
02-04-2004, 07:05 AM
I believe its from Gauntlet. The game with 4 players and whatnot. Because I remember that "Wizard needs food badly" line.
I remember Gauntlet. Dun dun dun dun dun....dun
dun dun dun dun dun.....dun

Ah the memories.

Sorc owned

Canyarion
02-04-2004, 08:33 AM
Hehe I actually have Gauntlet 2 AND a 4-score AND 4 controllers. :D

In a shampoo commercial, you hear a zombiescream from Zelda. :)

Dark Samurai
02-04-2004, 09:18 AM
in the game Megaman Zero 2

in the level "Power Room" the beginning of the song on that level is from the show shown on E! network "Howard Stern" the intro song