PDA

View Full Version : Who's going to be playing Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles?

Dyne
01-31-2004, 01:30 AM
I just wonder because I placed my preorder down at EB Games today with a $50 gift certificate from Christmas, and got that free GCN/GBA cable deal along with it.. AND I just learned the game is $10 cheaper. That's like $30 cheaper than I expected.

I won't be getting the cable until I pick up the game when it comes out, which should be February 10th. I bought an extra one today just to avoid the rush. My original cable, the crappy Nyko one, is going on the original GBA so Dylflon can play. Then my other friend who just got SP for Christmas is going to buy his own cable, and we'll be set.

My bro's going to be the Human race, I'm going to be that Silver-haired race, Dylflon's going to be the Bird race, and my other friend is going to be that magical turnip person.

Damn, I can't wait for this game. Less than 2 weeks! I'll be counting the days. Then I'll be getting PSO 3. It's going to be awesome.

Vampyr
01-31-2004, 01:40 AM
Me! Im going to get it! (as you can tell from my very excited FF:CC thread in the RPG Maniac forum. :))

Im going to be part of the Lilty tribe. (as you can guess by looking at my sig.) They may be tiny, but they have a lot of strength.

I am going to buy this game as soon as I can, and I should have enough money to get a gamelink cable also. My brother is also going to get a link cable, and he is going to be one of the Yuke tribe.

I have two other friends who will probably get this game, (both of them are members of gametaver, "Josh" and "theSlyMoogle") and I will probably do some gaming with them.

Im very excited. :D

Dyne
01-31-2004, 01:50 AM
I'd get the cables posthaste.. I doubt there's going to be any since it'll be such a hot item. :)

I also can't wait to meet my own moogle! That's going to be fun.

bobcat
01-31-2004, 02:33 AM
Me of course!

Blackmane
01-31-2004, 03:07 AM
I plan on it. However, I don't know enough about the game to have picked my race yet.

Dyne
01-31-2004, 04:23 AM
Heh, I just created a FF:CC sig if anyone wants to use it. I've got a Selkie avatar, Vampyr's got a Lilty. If anyone else wants to join the theme, PM me. We have spots open for each class (minus us two.)

Canyarion
01-31-2004, 06:14 AM
I'll play. :D Hopefully the free cable deal comes to Europe, then we can use both our GameBoys. :)

DarkMaster
02-01-2004, 06:35 PM
Reviews haven't been great, I'll have to try it out first.

Ginkasa
02-01-2004, 06:52 PM
Nope. I'm the only one I know with a GBA and link cable (and besides, my GBA screen's broken). Also, I don't know very many people who would want to actually play though the whole thing.

Multi-player just doesn't work for me... Never played Four Swords either...

*shrugs and walks away*

Blix
02-01-2004, 11:02 PM
I'm going to pre-order it tomorrow. I have two GBAs (SP and regular) but only one cable. I'll get the other one with this deal. Swcheeet!

CrOnO_LiNk
02-01-2004, 11:28 PM
I'm going to pre-order it tomorrow. I have two GBAs (SP and regular) but only one cable. I'll get the other one with this deal. Swcheeet!

Nope, sadly I don't care about the game anymore.

viruscool
02-02-2004, 06:30 AM
I'm deffinately gettin this game, cant wait to play the multiplayer with my mates. Its gonna ROCK

DeathsHand
02-02-2004, 01:14 PM
Nope, sadly I don't care about the game anymore.

because IGN gave it a 7.6? :p That was a bit of a surprise... Being Final Fantasy and a nice highly anticipated game I was expecting higher... But whatever...

I think it looks like a fun game, unfortunately I have no money to buy the game, let alone a GBA SP...

Vampyr
02-02-2004, 01:49 PM
because IGN gave it a 7.6? :p That was a bit of a surprise... Being Final Fantasy and a nice highly anticipated game I was expecting higher... But whatever...

I think it looks like a fun game, unfortunately I have no money to buy the game, let alone a GBA SP...

Your right, it does look like a sweet game. I dont care what the reviews say, this is my kind of game. :D

Sorry you wont be getting it. :(

TheGame
02-02-2004, 01:57 PM
Compared to other games out right now, and coming in the next month this game is low on my priority list... and take into consideration the fact that this game is supposed to be awful for single player gameplay and the fact that everybody who would play with me doens't have a GBA and well, you see why I'm not touching it.

It seems like it would be a cool experience, but I'll stick to being the guy who goes over some else's house who has a NGC to play,

CrOnO_LiNk
02-02-2004, 05:25 PM

Who told you that that's the reason? That's wrong, even before IGN gave it a 7.6 I really didn't care about the game. When it was announced it became my most wanted, but after the import came out, it didn't float my boat.

Lame story, need 4 GBA's to play multiplayer, hack and slash, no replay value, the whole crystal circle method, and all the other crap. All I have to say is that if you have 3 other friends with GBA's, 3 GC controllers, and link cables, get the game, but if you don't, don't waste your time and money.

Jonbo298
02-02-2004, 06:35 PM
Doesn't almost every FF game have no replay value?(only exception it seems now is FFXI and thats multi only and hack and slash with almost no story):unsure::p:unsure:

*awaits major bashing by any ffxi player and doesn't give a damn*

CrOnO_LiNk
02-02-2004, 06:48 PM
Doesn't almost every FF game have no replay value?(only exception it seems now is FFXI and thats multi only and hack and slash with almost no story):unsure::p:unsure:

By replay value I also mean extra dungeons, bosses, secrets, items, etc... Crystal Chronicles has none of that, but FFVII, FFVIII, FFIX, FFX, including many other RPGs do.

Besides, I have played and beat FFVII more than once because of how great the game is. Most RPG's have those extra features, that's their replay value that brings you back to the game even after you've beat it.

I could care less about IGN's review, it has nothing to do with what I think about the game.

rottwylor
02-02-2004, 07:49 PM
By replay value I also mean extra dungeons, bosses, secrets, items, etc... Crystal Chronicles has none of that, but FFVII, FFVIII, FFIX, FFX, including many other RPGs do.

Besides, I have played and beat FFVII more than once because of how great the game is. Most RPG's have those extra features, that's their replay value that brings you back to the game even after you've beat it.

I could care less about IGN's review, it has nothing to do with what I think about the game.

I want FF:CC.... but not if it's emphasis is on multi player... I don't really know anyone that will sit down and play it with me, let alone for hours on end. Also, I hear it's the best with a total of 3 people playing it. 0 chance of that happening for me.. lol

DeathsHand
02-02-2004, 07:58 PM
I was just jokin' Crono Link (^-^

And yeah... I've beaten FF7 3 times (thoroughly) and FF8 2 or 3 as well...

FFX I think was twice.....

CrOnO_LiNk
02-02-2004, 08:23 PM
I was just jokin' Crono Link (^-^

And yeah... I've beaten FF7 3 times (thoroughly) and FF8 2 or 3 as well...

FFX I think was twice.....

Yeah, sorry, I wasn't trying to be harsh, just honest. ^_~ But seriously, this game is pretty boring without multiplayer. Pretty much like Gaunlet Legends but more improved. :(

I want FF:CC.... but not if it's emphasis is on multi player... I don't really know anyone that will sit down and play it with me, let alone for hours on end. Also, I hear it's the best with a total of 3 people playing it. 0 chance of that happening for me.. lol

Yo, haven't seen you on these boards. What's up man.
About Crystal Chronicles, it's just my opinion, but on a scale of ten, I would give it a 6/10 for single player and a 8.5/10 for multiplayer.

Dyne
02-02-2004, 10:04 PM
So.. you've.. uh.. played the game..?

rottwylor
02-03-2004, 12:02 AM
Yo, haven't seen you on these boards. What's up man.
About Crystal Chronicles, it's just my opinion, but on a scale of ten, I would give it a 6/10 for single player and a 8.5/10 for multiplayer.

Thanks.. I'm relatively new.. I'm thinking about making a sig that says "The Token Gay Guy" so I become more known within the message boards... Back to the thread topic, I still might get the game, just to say I own it...

One Winged Angel
02-03-2004, 12:39 AM
I'm relatively new.. I'm thinking about making a sig that says "The Token Gay Guy" so I become more known within the message boards...

Title's taken bitch

Dyne
02-03-2004, 12:40 AM
Ooh, catfight!

Erm.. *cough*

One week left until FF:CC!

Dark Samurai
02-03-2004, 08:02 AM
im not sure about this game

since i havent played the FF series since FF II i really didnt have any interests in it.
and since the only console system i have is gamecube, i dont know if i would even consider owning it, but my little brother would think otherwise.

it looks good and promising though :D

DarkMaster
02-03-2004, 03:30 PM

Oh man, so many things wrong with what you said.

But whatever.

rottwylor
02-03-2004, 04:45 PM
Title's taken bitch

HAHAHA, I don't know you, but I'm oddly drawn to you...

you made me laugh =)

I will buy FF:CC... but only for the graphics, as I've heard that single player mode isn't that great, and I have no friends to play multi with... =(

One Winged Angel
02-03-2004, 08:49 PM
HAHAHA, I don't know you, but I'm oddly drawn to you...

you made me laugh =)

I will buy FF:CC... but only for the graphics, as I've heard that single player mode isn't that great, and I have no friends to play multi with... =(

Only for graphics...?

The game is still decent with only 1 player. Multi player is just much much more fun.

rottwylor
02-03-2004, 08:59 PM
Only for graphics...?

The game is still decent with only 1 player. Multi player is just much much more fun.

I will play it of course.... but since single player isn't that great supposedly, I'm gonna have to rely on graphics to keep me interested...

viruscool
02-07-2004, 01:59 PM
The graphics look great, im just hoping the singel player and multi player are up to scratch. The problem with highly anticipated game such as this is that everyone hypes it up and then they turn out to be medioce (Sp?) games.
Not that im saying this game wont be good!

Blix
02-07-2004, 11:36 PM
Who told you that that's the reason? That's wrong, even before IGN gave it a 7.6 I really didn't care about the game. When it was announced it became my most wanted, but after the import came out, it didn't float my boat.

Lame story, need 4 GBA's to play multiplayer, hack and slash, no replay value, the whole crystal circle method, and all the other crap. All I have to say is that if you have 3 other friends with GBA's, 3 GC controllers, and link cables, get the game, but if you don't, don't waste your time and money.

And you quoted me 'cause? :confused:

CrOnO_LiNk
02-08-2004, 04:08 AM
And you quoted me 'cause? :confused:

Yeah, my browser is messed up. The only way I can reply is by quoting people. I usually delete the whole quote thing, but I guess I forgot this time. So... yeah. :)

viruscool
02-08-2004, 05:33 AM
What browser are you using?

CrOnO_LiNk
02-09-2004, 11:28 PM
What browser are you using?

Netscape, but that's not the reason. Internet Explorer doesn't even work and I keep getting error messages with my Netscape. So it's not only my browser, but my whole computer is on drugs.

I need to reformat my computer.

rottwylor
02-10-2004, 09:21 AM
I got this game yesterday. It's not bad in single player mode, although it doesn't "feel" like a Final Fantasy game... still kind of fun....little repetitious. I'm looking forward to multi player though!

Dylflon
02-10-2004, 12:17 PM
Howd you get it yesterday? It ships today. Dyne pre ordered it. He gets it tomorrow. I cannot wait.

rottwylor
02-10-2004, 12:38 PM
Howd you get it yesterday? It ships today. Dyne pre ordered it. He gets it tomorrow. I cannot wait.

My local EB Games got thier shipment yesterday, so I asked if I could buy one of the 5 extra that they had in stock, and they said yes. =) This is why I never pre-order things. I have always been able to get things the day they come out, or the day the shipments come in. I was bummed that they didn't have Metroid: Zero Missions in yet, I guess I'll get that today. I also had to get another SP (Onyx and Cobalt now!) so my roomie could play with me. Anyway.. yeah.. I got the game a day in advance, and it's pretty cool.

Dyne
02-11-2004, 12:56 AM
Yay! I'm just back here from 4 hours of playing FF:CC. I must say, it is a gift from god. I haven't had so much multiplayer fun in a long time. It was me, my brother, Dylflon, and my other friend who were playing it. It's freaking awesome.

Canyarion
02-11-2004, 08:55 AM
My local EB Games got thier shipment yesterday, so I asked if I could buy one of the 5 extra that they had in stock, and they said yes. =) This is why I never pre-order things. I have always been able to get things the day they come out, or the day the shipments come in. I was bummed that they didn't have Metroid: Zero Missions in yet, I guess I'll get that today. I also had to get another SP (Onyx and Cobalt now!) so my roomie could play with me. Anyway.. yeah.. I got the game a day in advance, and it's pretty cool.
Who are you? :wtf:

You sound like you've been around here for years.... :confused:

Anyway, cool! :D

rottwylor
02-11-2004, 11:37 AM
Who are you? :wtf:

You sound like you've been around here for years.... :confused:

Anyway, cool! :D

lol, actually.. I've just recently started posting on this site and GCAdvanced (don't hate). I have never done this before, and it's quite interesting. I'm curious why you think I sound like I've been around here for years??? Oh, and by the way, I played multi on FF:CC last night with my roomate for a couple hours. FUN!!! I think it would be even better to play with 3 people or 4... I guess I might have to go buy a red and silver SP so I can suck other people into playing with me, seeing as how none of my friends own a GBA or GBASP. ALSO, I got Metroid yesterday...thats pretty fun too! It's kind of like a cross between the original and Fusion. I like it a lot... but it's distracting me from work! :D

Dylflon
02-11-2004, 12:02 PM
FF:CC is great. Especially if nobody on yor team is greedy.

*cough*dyne's brother*cough*

Blix
02-11-2004, 12:18 PM
First of all, I must say I hate you for getting games one day before. They always recevie them one day later here. That being said, I agree on the fact that it doesn't feel like a FF. But it's a welcome new style. Now I must find someone to play Multi with me and it's all set. Too bad I have college and can't play the game all the time. :mad:

Plastic0006
02-11-2004, 03:48 PM
I'm like on the 4th year.... I'm playing it single player... the games fun as hell but where is the storyline?? I'm doin the same crap over and over again! I'm dying to play it in multiplayer though.

CrOnO_LiNk
02-11-2004, 09:50 PM
Yay! I'm just back here from 4 hours of playing FF:CC. I must say, it is a gift from god. I haven't had so much multiplayer fun in a long time. It was me, my brother, Dylflon, and my other friend who were playing it. It's freaking awesome.

Wow, you're lucky. That's cool how you have 3 other people who have GC controllers, GBA's, and link cables. Around here, no one has a GC, no one has a GBA, and no gives a flying fudge about Final Fantasy or any other gamecube game. So you guys know why I am not into the game, but I admit, multiplayer would be a blast, just like SSBM. The only game I play with friends are sports games like Madden or NBA 2K3. That reminds me, my Mario Kart: Double Dash is very dusty... :(

Dark Samurai
02-11-2004, 09:53 PM
That reminds me, my Mario Kart: Double Dash is very dusty... :(

*and the audience goes "Awww!!!"*

Dyne
02-12-2004, 01:23 AM
Wow, you're lucky. That's cool how you have 3 other people who have GC controllers, GBA's, and link cables. Around here, no one has a GC, no one has a GBA, and no gives a flying fudge about Final Fantasy or any other gamecube game. So you guys know why I am not into the game, but I admit, multiplayer would be a blast, just like SSBM. The only game I play with friends are sports games like Madden or NBA 2K3. That reminds me, my Mario Kart: Double Dash is very dusty... :(

Bah, that sucks. :( Well, thank god for online games. If I were in your situation I wouldn't be able to take it.

I played some more today. We didn't do much--we just redid two dungeons. BTW Dylflon, I'm forcing everyone to give your gifts as soon as you get back. I got a load of cash. I also got an extra Warrior's Weapon, but I gave it to my brother. We can get one on a run-through tomorrow, if you can come.

Yeah, painting your mog is SO fun! :D If you don't know how to do it, go into single player and find the hidden door behind the myrrh crystal in your town. My brother says it's pretty cool, but I haven't seen it yet. Anyways, it's a nice touch to single player.

My town's pretty bustling now. I only need a tailor and a miller now. Dylflon, you get to create another Lilty or Yuke, and Andrew can have whatever. You pick between those two jobs. But.. we're definitely running through town now. Your dad sells mythril for 4500 a pop. I'm soo saving up for that. :D

TheGame
02-12-2004, 03:13 PM
The only game I play with friends are sports games like Madden or NBA 2K3. That reminds me, my Mario Kart: Double Dash is very dusty... :(

That's not so bad :lol:

Vampyr
02-12-2004, 06:45 PM
Im sorry to hear about your Dust problems, Crono_link. :p

I still havnt gotten FF:CC. :( I have an academic team competition this saturday that lasts all day, so I doubt that I will be able to go to a store to get it...but it's still possible. So, if not this weekend, than maybe next weekend.

And if I win Survivor...oh buddy! FF:CC, here I come!

Blix
02-13-2004, 09:16 PM
Ok, I'll be playing multiplayer tomorrow, finally. Although the game has been fun in single player. How many characters are you peeps "leveling" at once? I have two and it's not that easy. Must be that I haven't played Multiplayer.

Dyne
02-14-2004, 12:02 AM
Nah, I only have my one Selkie. I also made another Selkie, a rancher's daughter, so I could have meat in my town.

Danchastu 4.0
02-17-2004, 04:28 AM
http://www.vgcats.com/vgc_comics/images/040216.jpg

Canyarion
02-17-2004, 04:32 AM
:rofl: Hilarious! :D

Dyne
02-17-2004, 08:48 PM
Meh, not as funny as PA's take on it.

Dylflon
02-17-2004, 08:59 PM
I liked the comic. I give it 10 out of 10 Wumple Berries.

Blix
02-18-2004, 01:31 PM
Meh, not as funny as PA's take on it.

Ditto! BTW, the game is awesome in multiplayer, but still the single player is dang entertaining. Must... go... home to.... play...

Extra post:

Well, it's official: FFCC is the most-played game at the moment in my home. PSO is getting gelous at it. *nods* I sometimes wish it was online. They should just tweak some things and it could be a great online game. Who else is with me here?

Vampyr
02-22-2004, 08:12 AM
I. Finally. Got. This. Game.

:D :D :D

I went to Wal-Mart yesterday, and purchased the game which came with a link cable for $50. I was looking around for an extra game link cable, so that my brother could link up with me, when I discovered they were sold out. I was distressed, but all hope was not lost. I went back out to the Jeep, and my dad drove me over to the K-Mart which was nearby. Within its hallowed halls, I found ONE game link cable. It was the last one they had left, and it was of the Mad Catz variety. At first I was dissapointed that I couldnt find a name brand one, but when I got home, I realized that the Mad Catz breed also doubled as a cable to hook GBA's together. So I got a game link cable and a GBA link cable for the price of one. :D

So when I got home, I tore into my game box and opened up my link cables. I plugged my Glacier blue GBA into the first controller slot, and my brother's platinum GBA into the second slot. My jaw dropped as I watched the fascinating opening scenes. They were beautiful, and I think I am going to download that song.

So, I quickly chose the "set out" option, and was pleasently suprised that I could use my GBA to make my character as my brother made his. I created a male Lilty, with no headgear, and named him Vampyr. He is the son of the blacksmith. My brother made a male Yuke, son of a fisherman.

After playing through the first couple area's, we decided to creature 3 other characters each, letting us both have 4 characters, one of each tribe, and one of each family trade. I created a male clavat named Zen, a male Yuke named Zalu, and a female selkie named Artemis. :cool:

I played until like 1 AM last night, and got lots of stat boosting artifacts. My village is currently bustling with activity, and I need to go get me some more Iron so I can make more weapons. :)

Anyway, I give this game two thumbs up, and I can't wait to play it with my friends. (Hey, Dylflon and Dyne, how about I drop by tomorrow to play? You only live a continent away from me! lol....)

Anyway, Im going to go play some more.

Blix
02-22-2004, 09:19 PM
After playing through the first couple area's, we decided to creature 3 other characters each, letting us both have 4 characters, one of each tribe, and one of each family trade. I created a male clavat named Zen, a male Yuke named Zalu, and a female selkie named Artemis. :cool:
I think this will trigger the apparition of a CERTAIN person. :D :p

Vampyr
02-22-2004, 09:31 PM
I think this will trigger the apparition of a CERTAIN person. :D :p

I like to name my Characters Zen. I do not know why.

viruscool
02-24-2004, 04:14 PM
*Cries and wishes he was in america

!!!! gotta wait till 11th march !!!!

Blix
02-25-2004, 01:25 AM
*Cries and wishes he was in america

!!!! gotta wait till 11th march !!!!
But it'll be well worth the wait. ;)

PD; I think raising 5 characters at the same time is a li'l bit too much.