PDA

View Full Version : building a computer

Jewels
01-21-2004, 12:14 PM
my assignment for my microcomputer applications course is to make a price list and product list of my wish list of how i would like my computer to run, does anyone know of any good build-it-your-own computer websites that lists some different prices, speeds, monitors, that and were getting a new computer in the the mail anyday now, and i was just wanting something better to price on for this class.

thanx in advance

Ace195
01-21-2004, 12:24 PM
www.newegg.com , www.pricewatch.com , www.tigerdirect.com

Jewels just go to those sites and pick the mobo , processor , case, cd drive, floppy Drive, monitor, hard drive, vid card, modem, Nic...

I know most of the new motherboards come with onboard sound and lan and network so that takes 3 off your list.

Jewels
01-21-2004, 12:55 PM
www.newegg.com , www.pricewatch.com , www.tigerdirect.com

Jewels just go to those sites and pick the mobo , processor , case, cd drive, floppy Drive, monitor, hard drive, vid card, modem, Nic...

I know most of the new motherboards come with onboard sound and lan and network so that takes 3 off your list.

thanx ace

thatmariolover
01-21-2004, 05:34 PM
If you're allowed to cheat, www.iBuyPower.com is great for finding all of the parts that will work harmoniously together. You can pick one of their packages and modify it.

Otherwise, yeah, go to the websites above (I would have named the same 3).

Hero2
01-21-2004, 06:15 PM
If you're allowed to cheat, www.iBuyPower.com is great for finding all of the parts that will work harmoniously together. You can pick one of their packages and modify it.

Otherwise, yeah, go to the websites above (I would have named the same 3).
Thx mario. I have to do the same thing for the same class(well the same course)
im going for an alienware computer and tigerdirect ad ill try that site as well

Happydude
01-21-2004, 09:23 PM
for dream machines go to www.alienware.com :)

Jonbo298
01-21-2004, 09:29 PM
I wish I had an assignment like that. I would build a GOD computer. Dual Athlon 64's, 1 Gig of the fastest PC3500/PC3200 RAM, etc...

thatmariolover
01-22-2004, 09:38 PM
The issue I have with with Alienware is that you can get the same systems for way cheaper if you know where to look for the parts.

But then, you usually never get designs that are as cool.

Happydude
01-22-2004, 10:10 PM
i just want the AW case!