PDA

View Full Version : Ocarina of Time in 2D

Dark Samurai
01-20-2004, 03:30 PM
Source: http://www.oot2d.com/

Wow i was amazed of how this game turned out

the screenshots tell the story and you'll see that this is a true transformation from 3D to 2D

viruscool
01-20-2004, 03:53 PM
I have to admit he's done a good job with the visuals and aslong as the storylines in tact then it should be a great game. Just imagine if nintendo brought it out on the GBA :p

The Germanator
01-20-2004, 03:59 PM
That's one of the most fantastic things I've seen in a while.

thatmariolover
01-20-2004, 04:08 PM
Yeah, I've been keeping an eye on that myself.

There are also a couple of others

Castle of Ganon
http://www.mattcoz.com/ZeldaCoG/

Darkness in Hyrule
http://zeldadih.zeldauniverse.net/

Rndm_Perfection
01-20-2004, 04:22 PM
Nintendo should buy it off him when he's done... if it's good enough. It'd make an excellent GBA port, indeed.

Ginkasa
01-20-2004, 04:28 PM
Looking pretty spiffy. Worth checking out when its done.

*shrugs and walks away*

rottwylor
01-20-2004, 05:37 PM
I want it!!

Crash
01-20-2004, 06:09 PM
Darren, where are you darren... he should check these out!

rottwylor
01-20-2004, 06:41 PM
Crash... we look like brothers...

CrOnO_LiNk
01-20-2004, 08:03 PM
Source: http://www.oot2d.com/

Wow i was amazed of how this game turned out

the screenshots tell the story and you'll see that this is a true transformation from 3D to 2D

That's really awesome. I'll definetly play it. Is it finished?

Dark Samurai
01-20-2004, 08:24 PM
That's really awesome. I'll definetly play it. Is it finished?

oh how i wish it was but its not sorry

Jonbo298
01-20-2004, 08:26 PM
Wow, I went to the forums and they are eventually going to do MM 2D and Wind Waker 2D. If OoT turns out as good as it looks to be, then I can't wait for the others.

Stonecutter
01-20-2004, 09:13 PM
Nintendo should buy it off him when he's done... if it's good enough. It'd make an excellent GBA port, indeed.
Buy it off of him? Like show him some thanks for being a loyal fan?

Pfffffffffffffffft, that's not what you do if you're nintendo!

You SUE him.

Then steal the idea 3 years later but only do half as good a job as the original version, you've got to dumb it down significantly, but you'll still be praised by all the critics and the game will sell 4 million copies.

Shadow_Link
01-20-2004, 09:37 PM
Wow :D.

I hope it plays as great as it looks!

Crash
01-20-2004, 11:29 PM
I really think the dude should apply for a developers license. Do you have any idea how fast that'll sell if it ever made it to the gameboy? I couldn't even comprehend! But you know what? They wont do it, they dont wanna FLOOD the market with zelda games, so they wont. The good news is, you can buy a cartridge to download this to your gba, all they need to do is write an emulator for it, and make it a rom.

DimHalo
01-21-2004, 12:37 AM
cool stuff

Null
01-21-2004, 12:44 AM

You SUE him.

Then steal the idea 3 years later but only do half as good a job as the original version, you've got to dumb it down significantly, but you'll still be praised by all the critics and the game will sell 4 million copies.

exactly right. nintendo would never buy it. they'd sue him. And if they already knew about it, im sure they'd of sued him already. people got sued for just making a pokemon site before. Nintendo would freak over someone making a zelda game.

DarrenMcLeod
01-21-2004, 01:21 AM
I'm here Crash. Wow is all I have to say. First of all, researching OoT like he did is amazing enough... but everything he's done is great. I'm astonished at it.

I haven't downloaded the demo yet, but in one word... brilliant.

And to the person above, the sad thing is you might be right. Nintendo does flip out and sue all of the time, but I'm sure they would've known about this by now. It was in Edge magazine, so there's no way they good be oblivious to it. I think as long as it remains freeware Nintendo probably won't do too much.

Rndm_Perfection
01-21-2004, 03:25 PM

You SUE him.

Well, give me a little room to dream of a good future. I said what they should do, not what they will do.

The fact that I think Disney should search for creativity may not touch reality at all, but it is an honest dream.

But yes, I agree. That guy has crosshairs on him... and what Nintendo's planning won't be consensual.

rottwylor
01-21-2004, 04:31 PM
It would sell fast... like a cheetah

Vampyr
01-21-2004, 05:33 PM
This looks very savvy. Im going to try it out. :D

Canyarion
01-22-2004, 06:06 AM
Hm I'm not excited. :unsure:
Of course, it's just some freeware, but I don't think it would sell.
What's the point in buying a game with graphics of ALttP and the story/action of OoT? We've both seen it...

Ow well, I just remembered that my Collector's Disc will be in the mail today or tomorrow! :D

Dyne
01-22-2004, 01:27 PM
Of course, it's just some freeware, but I don't think it would sell.
What's the point in buying a game with graphics of ALttP and the story/action of OoT? We've both seen it...

Ow well, I just remembered that my Collector's Disc will be in the mail today or tomorrow! :D

Yeah! I'm still waiting for mine. I look in the mail box every 10 minutes. I swear! It's coming. >_>

The Germanator
01-22-2004, 02:01 PM

Because 2d Zelda games will always be better than 3d Zelda games.

Canyarion
01-23-2004, 12:38 PM
*coughes* Ehm sure. ;)