PDA

View Full Version : The Break is Over...

CrOnO_LiNk
01-14-2004, 12:34 AM
That's right... Chrono Break got cancelled.

http://www.gameforms.com/news/?1086

There it goes... the game I have waited for a very long time for...gone! They dropped the American trademark, and soon Japan's trademark will be dropped.

http://www.retro-games.co.uk/museum/snes_chronotrigger.gif
^
I'll miss you....

Dyne
01-14-2004, 12:35 AM
Good. Now they can't mess it up.

Chrono Trigger will always be one of my most favourite games.

Jonbo298
01-14-2004, 12:38 AM
Maybe they are gonna use a different name?

Acebot44
01-14-2004, 12:41 AM
*Sheds tear*

Whhhhyyyyy!!?

Well that is a huge disappointment for me...it was basicaly the only PS2 game I was really looking forward to :(

Ace195
01-14-2004, 12:41 AM
Hrm I like chrono trigger

Dyne
01-14-2004, 12:55 AM

Actually, yeah, reading other forums, I think it's apparent they would now.

Damn, now I can't wait.

CrOnO_LiNk
01-14-2004, 12:57 AM
This news right here, for a gamer who's loved Chrono Trigger is a f***ing nightmare...

DeathsHand
01-14-2004, 01:19 PM
Yeah maybe they're gonna use a different name...
Maybe Chrono Break never meant anything... It was never confirmed as a game...

The Chrono series is nice and popular, and there has already been one sequel... And it's made by the company that pumps out bundles of sequels for their games... Patience, young grasshopper...

DarkMaster
01-14-2004, 01:28 PM
Yeah maybe they're gonna use a different name...
Maybe Chrono Break never meant anything... It was never confirmed as a game...

The Chrono series is nice and popular, and there has already been one sequel... And it's made by the company that pumps out bundles of sequels for their games... Patience, young grasshopper...
Besides the Final Fantasy series, Square hardly makes any sequels, certainly not when compared with some other developers (not to mention that the FF games aren't continuous sequels). However, if Capcom was behind the project....

The Chrono team is currently working on Final Fantasy XI. They have been for a long time, and they will be for a long time. When that's done and they can move on to new things, look for a Chrono sequel, until then, don't expect anything.

What? Are you saying a crappy sequel would ruin Chrono Trigger? No matter what, CT will always be an amazing game. Have played Chrono Cross? An amazing sequel to an already amazing game, what's to say they can't pull it off again?

Dyne
01-14-2004, 06:46 PM
What? Are you saying a crappy sequel would ruin Chrono Trigger? No matter what, CT will always be an amazing game. Have played Chrono Cross? An amazing sequel to an already amazing game, what's to say they can't pull it off again?

No, actually, I never said that. I said that now Chrono Break isn't coming out any more, they can't screw it up and disappoint any of us Crono fans. I can't think of any other way I could have inflected that statement. The following comment was just an observation and was in no way connected to the first comment, which is why there's a huge space in the middle of them.

The majority of the people I know will agree that Chrono Cross was definitely not as an exciting experience as Chrono Trigger was, if we had played Chrono Trigger first. Chrono Cross had it's faults. However, on the contrary, I've heard of people who loved Chrono Cross even before they knew Chrono Trigger existed; going back to a dated game like that, they wouldn't have such high opinions on it.

If they did decide to develop it, my hype would go through the roof. When it's finally released, and it's not up to expectations, I'm going to be disappointed. That's what happened with Chrono Cross. It was a very good game, but it's definitely not one of my favourite games at all. This next installement can also go either way. It'd only be good to release this sequel to get rid of some plotholes. If they fix those well, I'll be happy. Chrono Cross did crap towards the Universe. It only added more headaches.

Whatever. I just don't want to see another Chrono Cross. They can do much better. Say, if you let a guy out of jail, and he goes and commits a crime.. are you going to be surprised? If you let Square make a Chrono sequel with even more useless characters, and more dimensions and time warps, are you going to be surprised?

Hero2
01-14-2004, 07:06 PM
I know how you feel I dont really want to see a sequal to FFVII.
But I would still want to see a damn good attempt on it. although the same thing would be crap because its the same.and and if they improve apon it they would have to change it thus making it crap its a lose lose situation. but we would still get a half decent game out of it and thats all that counts. IMO

DeathsHand
01-14-2004, 08:26 PM
Besides the Final Fantasy series, Square hardly makes any sequels, certainly not when compared with some other developers (not to mention that the FF games aren't continuous sequels). However, if Capcom was behind the project....

Hmm yeah I guess that's true... But there have been a few Mana games (in the US... even more in Japan, right?) and such... And things... So like... even if it takes awhile there will probably be a sequel eventually most likely probably...

Maybe late this gen or sometime next gen...