PDA

View Full Version : I can have the Nintendo rep job!

Crash
01-13-2004, 02:04 AM
The position is finally opened up, and I can go for it and get a recommendation for the position by the current nintendo rep. I can have the job!!! One problem. This is the dream job of a lifetime isn't it? Yes, but here is my dilemna.

My CURRENT new job is awesome. I am going to be making about $7000 a month, get a free laptop, make my own hours, get free health insurance, and the people there are the coolest in the world.

The nintendo job would mean: i get paid about $1500 a month, have to drive on my own gas money, ...well there are no other disadvantages. But for the money difference, holy cow... seems there is no comparison. What do you guys think?

Dyne
01-13-2004, 02:11 AM
It's not like you'd always be stuck doing the Nintendo Representative job. If you stayed, you could be promoted.

Besides, working for Nintendo would be the coolest thing ever. I say, go for it, without hesitance.. if you think you could get back to your current position.. if you ever wanted to.

Ace195
01-13-2004, 02:13 AM
I think you should stick where you are and e-mail me the link to apply for the nintendo rep job :)

Vampyr
01-13-2004, 07:07 AM
Hmmm...

This is a huge dilemma.

"Follow your heart." :D

Lol, however corny that pharse might be, its been used A LOT, and for a reason. Its what you should do.

Whichever one you think is best for you.

Im personally a little greedy and love money. If it was me, I would stick with the high paying job...But thats just me.

Canyarion
01-13-2004, 08:03 AM
I'd stick to your job too. Why leave something that's good for something that you don't know?
There's a huge money difference. Your collueges are nice, that's important. :)

Jonbo298
01-13-2004, 05:15 PM
I think you should stick where you are and e-mail me the link to apply for the nintendo rep job :)

Sorry Ace, you wouldn't last 2 seconds.;):p I'll just take the job:D

Ace195
01-13-2004, 05:37 PM
Die jon die, I swear if you go the job I would have to kill you.. In the nicest way possible.

Rndm_Perfection
01-13-2004, 05:46 PM
Crash, you're kidding yourself and probably just wanting to share with us how your job makes working for Nintendo look like crap.

I would have to kill myself if I left a job I enjoyed, payed $84,000 a year (At your age?! Good God, now I understand why your room is so spiffy), had free insurance, and flexible hours to go out on a limb for an 18,000 job with minimal benefits and is related to a game company that is starting its road to struggle.

I will hurt you if you leave 84K for an 18K Nintendo job.

Oh yeah, just my opinion, right? No pressure.

P.S.
...have to drive on my own gas money...

What're you talking about? I hope it doesn't mean you're close to home and your parents pay for your gas. I mean seriously... You make about as much as a Safety Inspector at Nuke Plants. Hell... you make abut $40 per hour! It's not freakin' possible to drive that much in an hour.

EDIT: And one final word. Don't lose hope to your dream... just don't persue it now. If the work you do right now is prestigious, which it sounds to be, you shouldn't have trouble finding the road you want to end on. I wouldn't want to see you end up in a trap trying to find your way to the top by starting at the bottom again. Get your name known, and then find your spot high in Nintendo.

Joeiss
01-13-2004, 05:55 PM
Keep your job man. 84000 a year compared to 18000 a year... HUGE difference.

Stonecutter
01-13-2004, 08:14 PM
The position is finally opened up, and I can go for it and get a recommendation for the position by the current nintendo rep. I can have the job!!! One problem. This is the dream job of a lifetime isn't it? Yes, but here is my dilemna.

My CURRENT new job is awesome. I am going to be making about $7000 a month, get a free laptop, make my own hours, get free health insurance, and the people there are the coolest in the world.

The nintendo job would mean: i get paid about $1500 a month, have to drive on my own gas money, ...well there are no other disadvantages. But for the money difference, holy cow... seems there is no comparison. What do you guys think?
You're on crack if you take the nintendo job. I'm always for follwing your dreams even if it means less money, but this is 1/4 of the money. If the nintendo job paid 35-40 a year I'd say go for it, but if you're making 84 there's no way you're going to be prepaired to take that kind of hit.

Are you married? Are you planning on it? Do you want to have kids ANYTIME in the next 10-15 years? Do you currently or do you want to soon own your own home. If you said yes to any of those, your're going to have a really, really hard time doing it on 18K.

Joeiss
01-13-2004, 08:15 PM
Yeah, its a lot of money... Its like just over $100,000 Canadian... Which is quite awesome.

Jason1
01-13-2004, 08:16 PM
I agree with pretty much everybody else, 84,000 is a whole lot of money, especially at your age. You would have to be pretty stupid to take that Nintendo job I would think.

CrOnO_LiNk
01-13-2004, 08:18 PM
You're on crack if you take the nintendo job. I'm always for follwing your dreams even if it means less money, but this is 1/4 of the money. If the nintendo job paid 35-40 a year I'd say go for it, but if you're making 84 there's no way you're going to be prepaired to take that kind of hit.

Are you married? Are you planning on it? Do you want to have kids ANYTIME in the next 10-15 years? Do you currently or do you want to soon own your own home. If you said yes to any of those, your're going to have a really, really hard time doing it on 18K.

Spoke the words right out of my mouth.

Stick with your normal job. For the sake of your life, screw the job over at Nintendo. Once you get married and have kids (if you're planning to), you'll thank yourself for sticking with your current job.

Dylflon
01-13-2004, 08:24 PM
Well...if you do go to nintendo...you could tell us all sorts of neat top secret stuff.

Plus, there's probably some sort of career ladder. In 5 years you might even be making more money than you are now.

Rndm_Perfection
01-13-2004, 09:02 PM
Or... or... you could not listen to fanboys =¬Þ

Dylflon
01-13-2004, 09:04 PM
hey! I'm no Nintendo fan boy. I like Nintendo but my console of choice is PS2.

Seth
01-13-2004, 09:13 PM
Work your way up your current job, and once you've made it big, just buy Nintendo out.

ZEROCOOLER
01-14-2004, 12:23 AM
I would keep the job that pays you 7000 a month, Nintendo job would be nice but it's not worth $5,500

Yoda9864
01-14-2004, 12:24 AM
Work your way up your current job, and once you've made it big, just buy Nintendo out.
Lol, that sounds like sound advice :D.

I'd say stick to your current job. It sounds like an awesome gig.

BreakABone
01-14-2004, 12:31 AM
Ok, what exactly do you do at your current job anyhow?

Crash
01-14-2004, 12:32 AM
man, getting to go to E3, getting all nintendo made games and second party games for free, plus all systems from nintendo free? there are many many reasons the nintendo job would rock. matter of fact, i could have nintendo shirts, bags, keychains, all kindsa stuff!!! Just imagine....

for those who don't know, i used to work at circuit city, but now i work for modern woodmen of america, as a financial consultant.

One Winged Angel
01-14-2004, 12:34 AM
Just to think... if Nintendo goes out of business...

You'll have nothing. KEEP YOUR DAMN JOB

Dyne
01-14-2004, 12:34 AM
man, getting to go to E3, getting all nintendo made games and second party games for free, plus all systems from nintendo free? there are many many reasons the nintendo job would rock. matter of fact, i could have nintendo shirts, bags, keychains, all kindsa stuff!!! Just imagine....

Exactly. Unlimited access to the Nintendo store. That's merits on it's own. You could sell that stuff for profit!

I stand by my last opinion.. only do it if you think you could get back to your current position easily.

Stonecutter
01-14-2004, 12:46 AM

for those who don't know, i used to work at circuit city, but now i work for modern woodmen of america, as a financial consultant.

So you're willing to trade the job that could be the absolute foundation of your lifetime for $100 in worthless trinkets and other assorted junk? What if it turns out that you don't even like the consultant job?

And E3? come on, anyone can get into E3, especially someone with resources like yours. Donate 1000 to some mid sized website in exchange for the right to go to E3, there, I just saved you $65,000.

Do you even have any idea how hard it is to live on $18,000 a year. Do the math. Figure out car payments, insurance, utilities, food, and rent and then see what you've got left over.

Do the exact same thing with your current job and there should be no way you'd even consider taking the Nintendo job.

CrOnO_LiNk
01-14-2004, 12:55 AM

It's basically up to you, but if I (and almost everyone else) was in your place, they would stick with being a consultant. If you hated it, then I would understand, but you said that you like it, you get a free laptop, and the people there are cool. So you're not wasting anything...

Go with the easy and good life with being a financial consultant, or live a decent life working at Nintendo. But just remember, if you get married and have kids, money will be a huge issue.

Canyarion
01-14-2004, 06:54 AM
Do you actually think you can't buy all that with the extra money you're making right now? :rolleyes:

I admit, a job at Nintendo seems VERY cool, but be reasonable!

GameKinG
01-14-2004, 10:16 AM
Well, with your current job, you can afford any game you want.

With the nintendo job you probably get disscount and sometimes free, and advance.

Thats really what it comes down to. :D

Vampyr
01-14-2004, 05:47 PM
Well, with your current job, you can afford any game you want.

With the nintendo job you probably get disscount and sometimes free, and advance.

Thats really what it comes down to. :D

Exactly.

Why would you want to get all that stuff free, but have a HUGE cut in pay, when you could just stick with your current job, buy the games and systems you want, and still have a lot of money left over?

I said follow your heart, but Im hopeing you have a smart heart. :p

Gamer
01-15-2004, 03:43 AM
Stay with the job u got, thats awsome cash and ****, i mean nintendo would be cool to work for....but i mean, you gotta grow up sometime man.

Ace195
01-15-2004, 11:28 AM
Exactly.

Why would you want to get all that stuff free, but have a HUGE cut in pay, when you could just stick with your current job, buy the games and systems you want, and still have a lot of money left over?

I said follow your heart, but Im hopeing you have a smart heart. :p
"smart heart" .. Crash I know this is against what everone else is telling you to do. Do what ever makes you happy. There was a study I can't remeber by whom that said if you like your job and I mean really enjoy getting up and going to work everyday you'll lead a happier healthier life :)

jeepnut
01-15-2004, 12:05 PM
"smart heart" .. Crash I know this is against what everone else is telling you to do. Do what ever makes you happy. There was a study I can't remeber by whom that said if you like your job and I mean really enjoy getting up and going to work everyday you'll lead a happier healthier life :)

Well, obviously his decision would be a lot easier if that were the case, but he already said that he enjoys his current job and that he likes the people he works with. In my opinion, if you're happy, why take a chance on ruining it? You have a lot more to lose here than money. If the Nintendo job winds up being less than you hoped for, it ruin your image of a company that you love. I personally just would not take that chance when I'm already happy.

Crash
01-15-2004, 01:09 PM
Well, obviously his decision would be a lot easier if that were the case, but he already said that he enjoys his current job and that he likes the people he works with. In my opinion, if you're happy, why take a chance on ruining it? You have a lot more to lose here than money. If the Nintendo job winds up being less than you hoped for, it ruin your image of a company that you love. I personally just would not take that chance when I'm already happy.

That's true, the only reason the current nintendo rep is leaving is because she is going back to school. She isn't able to work 1 shift out of the week, and said that she'd work a saturday to make up for it, and they told her to jump off a cliff. Not to mention she was just telling me how her driving record can get her in trouble at work. For instance if she were to get a speeding ticket (even when not on the clock) the cop must tell her job about it, and she'd get in trouble for it. EVEN WHEN SHE ISN"T WORKING. What kinda messed up junk is that?

Ace195
01-15-2004, 01:18 PM
That's true, the only reason the current nintendo rep is leaving is because she is going back to school. She isn't able to work 1 shift out of the week, and said that she'd work a saturday to make up for it, and they told her to jump off a cliff. Not to mention she was just telling me how her driving record can get her in trouble at work. For instance if she were to get a speeding ticket (even when not on the clock) the cop must tell her job about it, and she'd get in trouble for it. EVEN WHEN SHE ISN"T WORKING. What kinda messed up junk is that?
Yeah, Umm don't work for nintendo then because they are F*cked up if you can get into trouble at work off the clock.

rottwylor
01-15-2004, 05:49 PM
Don't take the gig with nintendo... instead, keep the job you have and hire me as your pool boy... I'll play nintendo with you aaaaaaaaall night long =)

Rndm_Perfection
01-15-2004, 05:50 PM
Don't take the gig with nintendo... instead, keep the job you have and hire me as your pool boy... I'll play nintendo with you aaaaaaaaall night long =)

Frightening... but for one of your first posts, not bad.

rottwylor
01-15-2004, 05:56 PM
Frightening... but for one of your first posts, not bad.

Oh.. I was being as serious as a heart attack... I look good playing my GBA next to a pool in nothing but a thong with a little umbrella drink.

Ace195
01-15-2004, 06:01 PM
Oh.. I was being as serious as a heart attack... I look good playing my GBA next to a pool in nothing but a thong with a little umbrella drink.
So help me god if you ever mention yourself in a thong again next to a pool I'll -rep every post that I can find :P :wtf:

Joeiss
01-15-2004, 07:37 PM
hahaa,, that guy is great.

GameKinG
01-16-2004, 01:38 AM
Keep the big paying job. My parents make a little more than that each, and they have worked at their job's around 20 years. They dont even like their jobs, but the money is [very] good. You have almost as much $$$ and a job you like. Thats jackpot.

Canyarion
01-16-2004, 02:32 PM
That would be understandable if you drive a Nintendo car. IF that is...

Happydude
01-16-2004, 03:40 PM
you take nintendo job...i will personally find out where you live, come there and beat the **** out of you...no joke.

Blix
01-16-2004, 11:21 PM
Keep your job. Simply because it's safe and pays more. There's nothing else to think about here. But if you ever go to the Nintendo Rep job, don't become an azzhole as some people who work on these kind of jobs. I remember when I called to claim my 'cube's warranty. Dang that guy was an azzhole. But my warranty had expired for two months and he still got his boss to fix it for free so, that almost made it even. Ofcourse, there are others who are quite nice, like the last time I called, she was quite nice. So, if you aren't good at socializing, I forbid you to get this job.

rottwylor
01-18-2004, 03:47 PM
My offer still stands... thong...pool... umbrella drink...

Sleep on it =) :D

Happydude
01-18-2004, 04:13 PM

:errr:

Ace195
01-18-2004, 04:35 PM

Thats it -rep to you sir