PDA

View Full Version : 3 Ways to Get Zelda Bonus Disc! (New one)

Jonbo298
11-05-2003, 12:04 AM
http://www.nintendo.com/zeldaclassic/

Read up. Now there is a reason to subscribe to Nintendo Power:D

GameMaster
11-05-2003, 12:16 AM
Method 4: eBay

Dyne
11-05-2003, 01:17 AM
I hope there's still some left at the end of the year when I usually renew.. or I'll be pissed...

Or not.. I already own all those games anyways. :p

Jonbo298
11-05-2003, 02:39 AM
Method 4: eBay

Method 4 will = Insane Prices

Canyarion
11-05-2003, 06:15 AM
Europe method known: Mario Kart: DD GameCube bundle. http://www.cube-europe.com/news.php?nid=5669
That's it so far. :( I hope we can also get it with our 'stars' (from registered games). :)

Morpheus1
11-05-2003, 11:24 AM
Lets see:
1. I don't want to buy another cube
2. I don't want to subscribe to Nintendo Power
3. I don't want to buy Mario Party, Mario Kart, or 1080. I have never heard of Mario and Luigi: Superstar Saga

no disk for me

DarkMaster
11-05-2003, 12:14 PM
Method 5: Nintendo decides not to be jackasses and they let loyal fans, who already purchased a GameCube, buy it seperately at a local retail store.

Unfortunately, method 5 is unlikely.

Gamer
11-05-2003, 05:00 PM
dammit, why dont they just sell the fukin thing

GameMaster
11-05-2003, 06:29 PM
Lets see:
1. I don't want to buy another cube
2. I don't want to subscribe to Nintendo Power
3. I don't want to buy Mario Party, Mario Kart, or 1080. I have never heard of Mario and Luigi: Superstar Saga

no disk for me

No no no :nono:

You haven't tried method 4 yet.

Stonecutter
11-05-2003, 07:39 PM
This is so totally nintendo, complete ****ing bull****.

I am going to do everything in my power to accquire one of these without nintendo making ONE ****ING CENT off of the fact that I have the disc.

Jason1
11-05-2003, 08:00 PM
This is so totally nintendo, complete ****ing bull****.

I am going to do everything in my power to accquire one of these without nintendo making ONE ****ING CENT off of the fact that I have the disc.

Dude...simmer down. This is a very smart move from a busniess standpoint. Sure, its gonna piss some people off, but your going to get your dirty little hands on that disc no matter what it takes. It dosent really bother me, becasue my NP subscription has almost run out, and this gives me a good reasont to renew(I really wasnt going to).

DarkMaster
11-05-2003, 09:24 PM
Dude...simmer down. This is a very smart move from a busniess standpoint. Sure, its gonna piss some people off, but your going to get your dirty little hands on that disc no matter what it takes. It dosent really bother me, becasue my NP subscription has almost run out, and this gives me a good reasont to renew(I really wasnt going to).
Including it free with the purchase of the system is perfectly fine, but there is absolutely no reason for them not to make it available for seperate purchase.

Blix
11-05-2003, 11:53 PM
Well, I buy the game a get a free subscription (or is it the other way around?). Anyways, the subscription has to get you some other free stuff. I mean, they have been giving some nice things such as the Smash Bros. music disc. It really isn't that bad. Plus I'm sure you get some discounts for other stuff too in the bundle or something.

Canyarion
11-06-2003, 08:02 AM
Why would you want to buy it as a seperate game when you can get it free with another top-game?? :confused:
I really don't think you Americans have a problem... it's us Europeans who have to buy a new Cube with MKDD. At the moment. :(

DarkMaster
11-06-2003, 08:54 AM
Why would you want to buy it as a seperate game when you can get it free with another top-game?? :confused:
I really don't think you Americans have a problem... it's us Europeans who have to buy a new Cube with MKDD. At the moment. :(
I believe I already outlined that it's perfectly fine to include it with another product for free. It helps promote that product, and gives an added bonus. But, for the people who DO NOT want to buy those products, there should still be the option of buying it seperately.

Jason1
11-06-2003, 11:09 PM
I believe I already outlined that it's perfectly fine to include it with another product for free. It helps promote that product, and gives an added bonus. But, for the people who DO NOT want to buy those products, there should still be the option of buying it seperately.

Thats a nice thought, but thats not how good business works...

GameMaster
11-06-2003, 11:13 PM
But I thought Nintendo's first priority is making good, quality video games? :confused:

Jason1
11-06-2003, 11:14 PM
But I thought Nintendo's first priority is making good, quality video games? :confused:

Oh there's nothing wrong with the Quality of Nintendo's games...great as ever...they never said anything about how you get your hands on the games...

GameMaster
11-06-2003, 11:19 PM
Clever marketing and a dedication to making good games, I don't see anything wrong here. Thanks for "clearing up the fog", so to speak. :)

DarkMaster
11-07-2003, 12:27 PM
Thats a nice thought, but thats not how good business works...
Oh but of course, it's always good business to screw over your loyal fan base in order to increase profit revenue. Apparently Nintendo has abandoned the old phrase "pleasing the gamers comes before pleasing our pockets". This entire generation for Nintendo has contained constant screw overs for gamers. Take for instance the GCN/GBA connectivity, which is the biggest scam I've ever seen. In order for me to obtain 100% in most if not all my GCN games, I must purchase a gba, connection cables, and in most cases, a gba game. I don't give a crap what lame ass excuses anyone gives, like "well I already own all the stuff so it's alright". Horsesh*t.

Now we see even more crap surfacing, where I must purchase a console, or a game, or some other stupid thing in order for me to get this bonus disc. Is that the thanks I get for being a loyal fan and purchasing their system and games for over a year now? And once again, everyone who already plans to buy another GCN, or a game, or whatever else, seems to have no problem what-so-ever with Nintendo's doings, because it all works out perfectly for them. It's no wonder Nintendo gains such a significant profit, no matter what piss ass mistakes they make, there's always the fanboys waiting in line for their chance to praise them.

Let me tell you about what makes a good business plan. When you satisfy the user base, the people who enjoy and own a GCN, and continue to support the company by purchasing new games and accesaries, THAT is when you have done good business. By trying to gain a larger profit, at the expense of their current user base, that is bad business.

BreakABone
11-07-2003, 01:07 PM
Oh but of course, it's always good business to screw over your loyal fan base in order to increase profit revenue. Apparently Nintendo has abandoned the old phrase "pleasing the gamers comes before pleasing our pockets". This entire generation for Nintendo has contained constant screw overs for gamers. Take for instance the GCN/GBA connectivity, which is the biggest scam I've ever seen. In order for me to obtain 100% in most if not all my GCN games, I must purchase a gba, connection cables, and in most cases, a gba game. I don't give a crap what lame ass excuses anyone gives, like "well I already own all the stuff so it's alright". Horsesh*t.

Now we see even more crap surfacing, where I must purchase a console, or a game, or some other stupid thing in order for me to get this bonus disc. Is that the thanks I get for being a loyal fan and purchasing their system and games for over a year now? And once again, everyone who already plans to buy another GCN, or a game, or whatever else, seems to have no problem what-so-ever with Nintendo's doings, because it all works out perfectly for them. It's no wonder Nintendo gains such a significant profit, no matter what piss ass mistakes they make, there's always the fanboys waiting in line for their chance to praise them.

Let me tell you about what makes a good business plan. When you satisfy the user base, the people who enjoy and own a GCN, and continue to support the company by purchasing new games and accesaries, THAT is when you have done good business. By trying to gain a larger profit, at the expense of their current user base, that is bad business.

Just curious what game exactly forces you to have a GBA/GCn connection to get 100%?

As far as I know there is no game that forces you to use it to finish it, even Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles can be beat without it.

Maybe that's just me.

And I don't get some people, would you rther Nintendo charge 40 or 50 bucks for a disk that you can buy free with a system or get for free with a 20 dollar magazine subscription or by buying two other games?

I don't see how this is screwing over the "loyal" fans, but maybe that's just me.

DarkMaster
11-07-2003, 02:54 PM
Just curious what game exactly forces you to have a GBA/GCn connection to get 100%?

As far as I know there is no game that forces you to use it to finish it, even Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles can be beat without it.

Maybe that's just me.

And I don't get some people, would you rther Nintendo charge 40 or 50 bucks for a disk that you can buy free with a system or get for free with a 20 dollar magazine subscription or by buying two other games?

I don't see how this is screwing over the "loyal" fans, but maybe that's just me.
When I say 100%, I am referring to completely finishing everything there is to do in the game, not just beating it.

And yes, I would rather Nintendo charged $40-$50 for the disc to be sold seperately, at least then I could get the disc without being forced to buy anything else.

Canyarion
11-07-2003, 04:26 PM
It still sounds like one of the most stupid things I've ever heard. Paying when you can get it free.

Nintendo should let you 'buy' it with your collected stars from bought games. That way the 'loyal fans' get it for free.
I hope they do that in Europe!! :(

Ginkasa
11-07-2003, 07:13 PM
And yes, I would rather Nintendo charged $40-$50 for the disc to be sold seperately, at least then I could get the disc without being forced to buy anything else.

Yes, I too would rather pay $40-50 for a bonus disc rather than merely $20 for the disc and a subscription to a magazine. I am an avid subscriber to the "buy less stuff with more money" way of life. Helped me get into this cardboard box you see.

[/sarcasm]

Not to say I completely disagree with you, however. I would rather be able to buy the disc by itself, as well; I just think its kind of stupid to want to pay $40-50 for one item as opposed to $20 for the same item plus another.

*shrugs and walks away*

Jason1
11-07-2003, 07:49 PM

Maybe that's just me.

I agree totally. And all three gaming giants are in it for the money...thats what REALLY matters to all three of them. They might say other stuff, but just like anything else it's ALL about the money. If they're making good profits, their successful.

Crono
11-07-2003, 08:12 PM
But then there's the fact that Nintendo Power is a crappy magazine, and in order to get the disc I'd have to put up with that crappy thing being in my mail box every month....

DarkMaster
11-07-2003, 09:39 PM
Yes, I too would rather pay $40-50 for a bonus disc rather than merely $20 for the disc and a subscription to a magazine. I am an avid subscriber to the "buy less stuff with more money" way of life. Helped me get into this cardboard box you see.

[/sarcasm]

Not to say I completely disagree with you, however. I would rather be able to buy the disc by itself, as well; I just think its kind of stupid to want to pay $40-50 for one item as opposed to $20 for the same item plus another.

*shrugs and walks away*
I don't WANT to pay $40-50, my point was that I want to buy the disc, not the crappy magazine subscription, not a new console, not a game, or whatever other crap. Saying that it'd be worth $40-50 right off the bat is ridiculous of course, as there is no way it'd be worth that amount. Maybe $17.99 or something in that range.

I really have no problem at all with Nintendo trying to promote other poducts and adding a special free bonus with it. But the people who do not want to purchase these extra items are being forced to do so (ok, I know Nintendo isn't literally forcing people to buy it, but you know what I mean). And sure, it may only be a little $20 subscription. But you know what? I don't want any damn Nintendo Power subscription.

I agree totally. And all three gaming giants are in it for the money...thats what REALLY matters to all three of them. They might say other stuff, but just like anything else it's ALL about the money. If they're making good profits, their successful.
It's odd how Microsoft makes almost no profit at all from the Xbox, yet they continue to produce it, adding wave after wave of new features, more online support and additions, and other quality things such as attaining good third party developers to make great games for the system.

It is almost impossible to make a profit with a dedicated online network this gen.

PS2 and Xbox online network users: 1.5 million
PS2 and Xbox combined worldwide install base: 60 million

That's 2.5% of PS2 and Xbox owners going online with their consoles. Strange how a company not gaining profit from something would continue to support it.

And Nintendo, the company making the highest profit intake of the three companies, chooses to carrying on in ways which are more beneficial to them rather than their customers.

Companies want money, I agree. But companies also want to make their customers happy. A happy customer will continue to purchase their products and support them.

Jonbo298
11-07-2003, 11:55 PM
Microsoft has the money to just waste on anything and everything they want. They never cared in the first place that XBox was going to be no profit to them.

Sony has enough money alsoto just throw around. They are more electronics then they are gaming.

Nintendo is essentially gaming only, so they can't just throw money as they please. If they had a good hold in another area of a market, they probably would've had a better online this gen. rather then next gen...But considering that Nintendo isn't doing as great as they were a few years ago, they have to think what can profit first, then decide what they could spend money on without worry of having a substantial profit loss.

Canyarion
11-15-2003, 04:01 AM
We Euro gamers got what we asked for. On december 1 (:() we can get the disc for 4500 stars. :D
We also get it if we buy AND register 2 out of the 3 games: MKDD, 1080 or Mario Party 5. :D

Perhaps I'll get it twice... probably was gonna buy MK and 1080 anyway. :)

Crash
11-15-2003, 07:03 PM
we just got our zelda bundles here at Circuit City, i sold em all already, i dunno if i was supposed to until monday, but EH!

Gamer
11-15-2003, 07:46 PM
at future shop they are selling it for 30$.

Shadow Fox
11-17-2003, 07:31 AM
Method 6/7/I lost count:

-Pull out your NES
-Pull out your SNES
-Pull out your N64

Put them right next to your GCN and have a "Zelda marathon", provided you have the games.

Well hey- at least I can do that if the discs are all gone...;)

-Official Ninja and Writer of [coming soon]...

gekko
11-17-2003, 09:51 AM
They're late on the NP subscription signups :mad:

Canyarion
11-17-2003, 10:25 AM
I read impressions of Gamespot, it seems the games suffer from slowdown and stuff.
No advanced saving options for Zelda 1 & 2, so you'll have to "save and quit" every time. :rolleyes:
Shadow Fox, my 2 NESs are messed up. :mad:

Jason1
11-17-2003, 08:10 PM
For your subscribing pleasure...

http://store.nintendo.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?storeId=10001&catalogId=10001&langId=-1&productId=81294&categoryId=14709

I allready renewed my subscription, BTW.

Ginkasa
11-17-2003, 11:04 PM
*sits and watches mailbox for disc to get here*

*shrugs and waits*

Jonbo298
11-18-2003, 06:15 AM
*sits and watches mailbox for disc to get here*

*shrugs and waits*

Joins Ginky in watching mailbox

Canyarion
11-18-2003, 06:23 AM
Argh it just pisses me off that the one time I CAN get something before you Americans, I decide not to buy it... I'm talking Mario Kart DD here. :unsure:

But hey, 10 days and I'll get 1080° Avalanche! :D :p

Jason1
11-18-2003, 07:53 PM
I wouldnt expect that disc for a week minimum....and knowing Nintendo, even though they say 2 weeks, I wouldnt be surprised if it was longer than that.

Ginkasa
11-18-2003, 09:37 PM
I wouldnt expect that disc for a week minimum....and knowing Nintendo, even though they say 2 weeks, I wouldnt be surprised if it was longer than that.

*doesn't care*

*shrugs and keeps waiting*

Blix
11-19-2003, 01:16 AM
Now if I could just get the credit card info of my cousin I'd be a happy man. :mad: Well, I know there'll be units left when I order it. Else, bad things WILL happen :devil:

Crash
11-21-2003, 02:25 AM
i just sold 2 copies of the game on ebay, apparently people are paying 60-70 dollars for just the game, so i got myself two more gamecubes at 30-35 dollars a piece. ah, the joys of life!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3059409010&category=20390&rd=1

Canyarion
11-21-2003, 10:16 AM
People are crazy.

Jonbo298
11-22-2003, 06:35 AM
Hot damn! 2 weeks from now I will own the disk:D:D

Congratulations!

By registering your system and your games via Nintendo's online product
registration, you have qualified to receive the following:
LEGEND OF ZELDA: COLLECTORS GAME DISC

It will be shipped to you via First Class Mail. Please allow up to 2
weeks
for processing and shipping.

Your award will be shipped to the following address:

JON BOTHE
(Address here)
(City, State, Zip here)
*minor edit by me:p*

If you need to update your address information, please log in to your
My Nintendo account at
https://www.nintendo.com/cpp/profile/addressBook.do
as soon as possible.

You will receive another e-mail from Nintendo once your order has been
shipped to you. Thank you for your interest in Nintendo products!

Sincerely,

Nintendo of America Inc.

Canyarion
11-22-2003, 06:40 AM
yay! I hope to get it in January... oh well I can wait.

Dark Samurai
11-23-2003, 02:47 PM
where the hell is the PIN number for the games???

Jonbo298
11-23-2003, 02:55 PM
where the hell is the PIN number for the games???

If you own the game(s), inside the box where the instruction booklet and whatnot is, there should be an extra piece of paper that has on the back a number for you to type in at the site nintendo has for inputting codes.

Dark Samurai
11-23-2003, 03:21 PM
If you own the game(s), inside the box where the instruction booklet and whatnot is, there should be an extra piece of paper that has on the back a number for you to type in at the site nintendo has for inputting codes.

Thanks Jonbo

that helped me out

in about 2 weeks i'll get my disc

Canyarion
11-24-2003, 09:12 AM
Ehm when you buy a game, ALWAYS check that you get the card... I didn't get one with ED.

Jason1
11-24-2003, 08:38 PM
I ordered mine way back...the day they released that bonus thing...what day was that? the 17th? Its almost been a week...I cant wait!

Jonbo298
11-25-2003, 02:27 AM
Ehm when you buy a game, ALWAYS check that you get the card... I didn't get one with ED.

What do you mean? Only the newer games so far come with the card that has the PIN number. All my past games never had one for obvious reasons.

Unlesssss....since your in Europe, you have the Stars program thing where the games etc...come with the "star card"

Canyarion
11-25-2003, 06:09 AM
Ehm yeah, we've had the system since launch. :D
We can get GameBoy Players and GameBoys with it. Posters of Mario and Zelda, with Miyamoto's signature. Stuff like that, it's just WAY expensive. You'd have to own every game to get the most expensive things.

Morpheus1
11-25-2003, 05:26 PM
I don't WANT to pay $40-50, my point was that I want to buy the disc, not the crappy magazine subscription, not a new console, not a game, or whatever other crap. Saying that it'd be worth $40-50 right off the bat is ridiculous of course, as there is no way it'd be worth that amount. Maybe $17.99 or something in that range.

I really have no problem at all with Nintendo trying to promote other poducts and adding a special free bonus with it. But the people who do not want to purchase these extra items are being forced to do so (ok, I know Nintendo isn't literally forcing people to buy it, but you know what I mean). And sure, it may only be a little $20 subscription. But you know what? I don't want any damn Nintendo Power subscription.

It's odd how Microsoft makes almost no profit at all from the Xbox, yet they continue to produce it, adding wave after wave of new features, more online support and additions, and other quality things such as attaining good third party developers to make great games for the system.

It is almost impossible to make a profit with a dedicated online network this gen.

PS2 and Xbox online network users: 1.5 million
PS2 and Xbox combined worldwide install base: 60 million

That's 2.5% of PS2 and Xbox owners going online with their consoles. Strange how a company not gaining profit from something would continue to support it.

And Nintendo, the company making the highest profit intake of the three companies, chooses to carrying on in ways which are more beneficial to them rather than their customers.

Companies want money, I agree. But companies also want to make their customers happy. A happy customer will continue to purchase their products and support them.

+Rep because you are right. We can even go back to the example of Nintendo selling Rare. Nintendo is all about the money. Microsoft and Sony believe that increasing the quality of their product at all costs is important and that it will mean success in the long run, Nintendo used to think this way, but now Nintendo cares about marketability first, and quality second. Maybe they don't want to end up like Sega; respected, but dead.

Vampyr
11-25-2003, 06:10 PM
I just checked this "bonus disk" thing out today.

No way Im going to buy it. I already own every game on it. :rolleyes:

Canyarion
11-26-2003, 08:38 AM
I tried to play ALttP on my SNES, but the controller is all screwed up.
Oh wait, LttP isn't on the disc. :unsure: Anyway. :D I'm buying Mario Kart and 1080 so I get the disc for free.

KillerGremlin
11-26-2003, 06:32 PM
Does it matter which Nintendo Power magazine you subscribe too? I just purchased the one with the Fire Emblem picture on the cover, but it says nothing about the Zelda Bonus Disks on the subscription form. Does Nintendo just ship you the game with the subscription? Or am I looking at the wrong Nintendo Power?

*is confused

Jason1
11-26-2003, 07:35 PM
Does it matter which Nintendo Power magazine you subscribe too? I just purchased the one with the Fire Emblem picture on the cover, but it says nothing about the Zelda Bonus Disks on the subscription form. Does Nintendo just ship you the game with the subscription? Or am I looking at the wrong Nintendo Power?

*is confused

http://store.nintendo.com/webapp/wc...ategoryId=14709

Just follow the directions there.

*sighs* according to mynintendo, my disc was shipped on the 20th...It had better be here friday...it definatley should be if it was shipped on the 20th....

Ginkasa
11-26-2003, 10:07 PM

*is confused

You have to subscribe online to get the bonus disc, I think. When you subscribe online, there's a part where you pick your "free gift." The Zelda disc should be kind of near the bottom of the list. Make sure you pick the actual disc, not the player's guide.

*shrugs and walks away*

Stonecutter
11-26-2003, 11:03 PM
http://store.nintendo.com/webapp/wc...ategoryId=14709

Just follow the directions there.

*sighs* according to mynintendo, my disc was shipped on the 20th...It had better be here friday...it definatley should be if it was shipped on the 20th....
Well, if they shipped it ups they obviously shipped it ground (since you don't have it yet) and ups isn't delivering ground packages on Friday. Sorry.

It actually SHOULD have been hear Wednesday. Washington (where I assume it shipped from) is 4 days to Chicago, so I assume it's the same for Washington to Hicktown IL. I noticed you posted at 6:35, UPS can deliver as late as 7 or 8 PM.

Course, if they shipped it via the post office it could arrive in 2023 and it's still technically not "late" and there's ZERO guarantees on when it will get there. Complete crapshoot. But the good news with the post office is that they DO deliver this Friday cause I'm waiting for something too.

Jason1
11-27-2003, 12:02 AM
Hicktown IL.

Cram it up your ass.

It's too bad they dont give you a little more information, they dont even tell you if they shipped it USPS or UPS or whatever. I didnt know UPS didnt deliver friday...I did know that US Mail does...my dad works there.

Jonbo298
12-03-2003, 02:15 AM
^_^ I got the disc today. I can tell Ninty didn't do much in porting Majora's Mask, when going from one area to the next, the sound stutters for a quick less then a second or so if it has to load or whatever.

But overall, I'll finally be able to play MM all the way through since last time I played MM I rented it and a file was already at the end so I used that:p

Canyarion
12-03-2003, 11:23 AM
I don't care too much about MM, I'm getting it because of the NES games. :D

All I have to do is buy 1080 and register and then wait... :)

Ginkasa
12-03-2003, 06:48 PM
It was supposed to have come on Monday... Hasn't yet though... Hope its just late...or something...

*super paranoid*

*shrugs and walks away*

Jason1
12-03-2003, 09:57 PM
It was supposed to have come on Monday... Hasn't yet though... Hope its just late...or something...

*super paranoid*

*shrugs and walks away*

Same here man. I just sent an email to nintendo, we'll see what kind of a garbage response I get from them. I'll be sure to post it as soon as I do. It says on that mynintendo thing under my subscriptions that the disc shipped on the 20th...and im thinking they really didnt ship it on the 20th because it wouldve been here by now...

Vampyr
12-03-2003, 10:04 PM
Same here man. I just sent an email to nintendo, we'll see what kind of a garbage response I get from them. I'll be sure to post it as soon as I do. It says on that mynintendo thing under my subscriptions that the disc shipped on the 20th...and im thinking they really didnt ship it on the 20th because it wouldve been here by now...

It took FOREVER for my Metroid Prime bundle pak to get here when I ordered it, and it was supposed to get here pretty fast. Nintendo is EXTREMELY slow at shipping stuff...and your right about them lying. They always say they ship things a LONG time before they ship it. It really grinds my nerves. I hate ordering things off of them.

Jason1
12-03-2003, 10:50 PM
It took FOREVER for my Metroid Prime bundle pak to get here when I ordered it, and it was supposed to get here pretty fast. Nintendo is EXTREMELY slow at shipping stuff...and your right about them lying. They always say they ship things a LONG time before they ship it. It really grinds my nerves. I hate ordering things off of them.

Now that I think about It, I recall getting a rouge leader players guide with an earlier subscription, and I remember completley forgetting that it was suppoused to come, then, 4 MONTHS later it finally came...long after I had allready beaten Rouge Leader. I really dont know what their issue is. They still make the best games tho...

Canyarion
12-04-2003, 04:17 AM
:rofl:OMG that's hilarious!!! Getting the players guide AFTER you beat the game! :rolleyes:

I hope Nintendo Europe is better...
I once ordered replacement analog sticks for the N64 controller, they came pretty fast. Within a few weeks at least... :)
It's a shame that they won't ship me the disc until next year... Unless I buy it with my stars, but I don't have enough yet. :p
And then I'd get the disc twice... which would be a shame, beacause I wanna wait till they have GB players and stuff again.

Jonbo298
12-04-2003, 02:30 PM
I once ordered replacement analog sticks for the N64 controller, they came pretty fast. Within a few weeks at least... :)

How did you order just replacement analog sticks and put them in yourself?! If this method is possible, then I wasted tons of money back in the '64 days on controllers...damned analog sticks.

But back on topic now:)

Jason1
12-07-2003, 11:35 PM
Welp I got a response from nintendo(took a little longer than I thought because I didnt send them enough information the first time) here's the email...

Hello,

I was sorry to hear that you haven't received your Zelda Collector's game disc.
Using the information that you provided, we were able to send out a replacement.
Please note that the replacement disc should arrive within the next 10-14 days.
If you happen to receive the original disc, as well as the replacement disc,
please send the second one back with "Return to Sender" marked on the outside of
the package.

If you have any questions or concerns, please let us know!

Sincerely,

Nintendo of America
Jon Freeman

It's good to hear that theyre at least making an effort to help people. After browsing Nintendo's forums, I realise that a lot of the people who ordered their disc the first day they became available are having problems. Anyone else who hasnt recieved their disc yet(Ginkasa), I suggest you email nintendo, they seem happy to help. Email parts@noa.nintendo.com

Jonbo298
12-08-2003, 03:20 AM
KEEP THE SECOND DISC!! KEEP IT!! DON"T RETURN IT UNLESS NINTY SAYS YOU HAVE A SECOND DISC.....GIVE IT BACK! (understand :p)

Canyarion
12-08-2003, 06:44 AM
I could get both discs if I wanted to... I almost have enough stars to buy it. :)

Dark Samurai
12-08-2003, 08:53 AM
you know

come to think of it

i never did get my disc

*ponders*

maybe this week

Jason1
12-08-2003, 08:04 PM
KEEP THE SECOND DISC!! KEEP IT!! DON"T RETURN IT UNLESS NINTY SAYS YOU HAVE A SECOND DISC.....GIVE IT BACK! (understand :p)

what do you mean "give it back" Are you saying I should give it to you?

Jonbo298
12-08-2003, 10:20 PM
I meant that if Ninty knows you have a second disc (along with the first one) and they request it back, give it to them...otherwise keep both if you get 2.

thatmariolover
12-09-2003, 11:18 AM
If you order it with Nintendo Power does it just get shipped with your first issue, or what?

One Winged Angel
12-09-2003, 05:09 PM
i just sold 2 copies of the game on ebay, apparently people are paying 60-70 dollars for just the game, so i got myself two more gamecubes at 30-35 dollars a piece. ah, the joys of life!

Do you just love wasting money?

Ginkasa
12-09-2003, 07:09 PM
If you order it with Nintendo Power does it just get shipped with your first issue, or what?

I'm pretty sure your bonus item arrives before your first issue.

*shrugs and walks away*

Jonbo298
12-09-2003, 07:19 PM
The disc will arrive in 1-2 weeks and your first issue in 4-6 weeks.

Ginkasa
12-09-2003, 10:31 PM
Just got the e-mail saying that another one has been sent. Neat :)

*shrugs and walks away*

Jason1
12-10-2003, 10:47 PM
Just got the e-mail saying that another one has been sent. Neat :)

*shrugs and walks away*

Yea, and I just got my disc, a mere 3 days after they said theyd me sending me a new one...looks like I have another disc coming. I think im gonna wait awhile until nintendo runs out of the discs, then sell it for mucho dinero.

Ginkasa
12-22-2003, 07:16 PM
Just posting to say that I have (finally) gotten my demo disc 'cause I know all of you all were just worried sick over whether I would get it or not.

*shrugs and walks away*

Jonbo298
12-22-2003, 07:20 PM
phew, I was getting worried you would never get the disc:p...But have fun with the great disc!:D

Jason1
12-22-2003, 09:29 PM
In other news, I got a second disc...just as I had expected...now I'll just wait awhile to sell it.

Jonbo298
12-22-2003, 10:59 PM
:devil: Good choice Jason

Canyarion
12-25-2003, 12:27 PM
"Je The Legend of Zelda Collectors Edition bonusdisk zal naar het onderstaande adres worden verstuurd. Binnenkort zul je een e-mail ontvangen om de levering te bevestigen."
Which kinda translates to: "You'll receive your disc soon!" :D:D:D
Within 28 days.... :cool:

Jonbo298
12-25-2003, 03:14 PM
*tries reading it, notices key words* Hells yeah Canyarion:D

Canyarion
02-02-2004, 11:30 AM
:cool:
I got mine last week. Haven't played it yet. :p
:D

Jonbo298
02-02-2004, 06:21 PM
lol, Canya. I hear ya there. I was going to get into MM since I never fully played it, but I have yet to do that...

Canyarion
02-04-2004, 07:41 AM
Curious, isn't it? First we're waiting for it for like months... we get mad if it takes too long.. And when we finally have it, we don't even play it. :D:D

Jonbo298
02-04-2004, 07:48 AM
lol, I hear ya. So true.

Canyarion
02-04-2004, 08:28 AM
Can ye year ma? :unsure:

QUIT IT ALRIGHT! :p

Jonbo298
02-04-2004, 09:03 AM
.,...........:wtf:........