PDA

View Full Version : maro kart online

dwelzy
10-28-2003, 09:11 PM
me wonders how nintendo will see this. hopefully it takes off and nintendo catches on. take a look see , http://cube.ign.com/articles/456/456694p1.html *edit oops wrong link*

Dark Samurai
10-28-2003, 09:46 PM
if nintendo does catch on with the online gaming business i wonder how AOL will help out?

hell im all for the mario kart online thing going but im doubtful of nintendo

GameMaster
10-28-2003, 11:13 PM
I'm glad this small team of people has found a way to do it. They'll have a great business once they perfect the device and begin mass producing it.

Jason1
10-28-2003, 11:17 PM
I'm glad this small team of people has found a way to do it. They'll have a great business once they perfect the device and begin mass producing it.

What device? Its a program that you would download to windows that would trick the cube into thinking its LAN when it's really online....no device.....

Ace195
10-28-2003, 11:21 PM
if nintendo does catch on with the online gaming business i wonder how AOL will help out?

hell im all for the mario kart online thing going but im doubtful of nintendo
That would be awsome if I only owned a gamecube

GameMaster
10-28-2003, 11:22 PM
One problem: Not everyone's computer is right beside their Gamecube.

Back to the drawing board for those folks.

Jonbo298
10-28-2003, 11:41 PM

If you have 1-4 Wavebirds in use, it's not as big as a problem, except video cable length.

But other then that, I've been reading about this for awhile now, I can't wait to be able to play DD online:D

*edit*
Or just a wireless network:p

CrOnO_LiNk
10-28-2003, 11:56 PM
If you have 1-4 Wavebirds in use, it's not as big as a problem, except video cable length.

But other then that, I've been reading about this for awhile now, I can't wait to be able to play DD online:D

I am so down to play Double Dash. This is awesome, really awesome, but I just don't think the warp pipe will last long, but if it does, then I'll always be playing online.

Null
10-28-2003, 11:57 PM

Doesnt need to be.

ppl who have brandband hooked up to thier gamecube. or ps2 or xbox. its the same thing.

just a network line running to the console. it could be on a complete other level of the house. Doesnt have to be right beside.

GameMaster
10-29-2003, 12:01 AM
Will the ability to play these games online cost me a cent?

Gamer
10-29-2003, 12:49 AM
That would be awsome if I only owned a gamecube

Cough it up man, its only 99$ :burger:

Dyne
10-29-2003, 01:27 AM
It's not a problem. I could bring my Cube up here next to my laptop like always. Ah, years of PSO bliss. :D

Seth
10-30-2003, 09:56 PM
Will the ability to play these games online cost me a cent?
No. The developers have repeated that this service is, and will continue to be completely free.

and another ign article about warpipe. Interview:

http://cube.ign.com/articles/456/456979p1.html

GameKinG
10-30-2003, 11:09 PM
Its free, other than the $35 braodband adapter (or 56K for you poor souls), and the cost of your internet provider.

Speaking of online, George Harrison of NOA had this to say about the next Nintendo console:

"But having said that, we know that consumers continue to be interested in online gaming, and we know that it has to be a component of our next system. We're thinking about how we can fit it in, what kind of partners we would need, and so on. "

Nintendo has also said previously, if they do go online, it should be free of charge. Other than maybe an initial cost.

Seth
10-30-2003, 11:20 PM
Its free, other than the $35 braodband adapter (or 56K for you poor souls), and the cost of your internet provider.

A 56k modem adapter won't work with warppipe. You might be able to push out a frame per second with the 'gold' version that will be released early 2004....but as of now, warpipe only supports broadband.

I wouldn't buy any nintendo product ever again if they didn't full out support online play with their next console.

Jonbo298
10-31-2003, 12:00 AM
If they supported LAN with a 3rd Party company developing a good tunnel software, that would satisfy me.

If full online was supported, that would satisfy me the same way.

But at least LAN, with a 3rd Party company developing a good form of tunneling.

Canyarion
10-31-2003, 07:21 AM
Bah, what was all this stupid talk about GameSpy about?? :(
I don't want tunneling.... :rolleyes: Oh well, better than nothing!

GameKinG
10-31-2003, 09:19 PM
Well gamespy offers great services. Buddy list, chats, player matching, etc.

Jason1
10-31-2003, 09:56 PM
Im curious...would this work if you had you gamecube connected to your internet through a wireless router? Or would the signal have to go directly from your computer or something?

CrOnO_LiNk
11-01-2003, 01:06 AM
Im curious...would this work if you had you gamecube connected to your internet through a wireless router? Or would the signal have to go directly from your computer or something?

Here, I found the perfect instructions...

http://boards.ign.com/message.asp?topic=47581066&replies=11

Hope that helps. Can't wait to play it online, but it sort of sucks that there isn't a chatbox...

Seth
11-01-2003, 05:23 PM
It's still in alpha stage. Don't expect too many options just yet. The devs are planning to include chat stuff later on.

And the other dudes who did the tunneling for Halo back in the day are jumping up and starting the same thing for the GC.

http://www.planetgamecube.com/news.cfm?action=item&id=4809 (http://)

Whichever software gives me a better gaming experience, that's what I'll use.