PDA

View Full Version : How much is too much ?

Ace195
10-27-2003, 10:14 PM
I was at a party last night. And my god we started with something like Tequila shots then moved to vodka shots then finally I can't remember what..

thatmariolover
10-27-2003, 10:20 PM
I was at a party last night. And my god we started with something like Tequila shots then moved to vodka shots then finally I can't remember what..

I had never drank before the friday before this last one. My g/f dumped me like a week before that, so I was feeling pretty down. I decided to drink to forget her.

I got drunk to the point that I didn't know any better, and I chugged out of my friends 40oz vodka bottle. Luckily he was sober enough to hide it from me.

At any rate, I wound up puking in the toilet and passing out in the bathroom. Then I wound up having a 3 hour discussion with my friend of which I remember nothing.

I calculated my BAC the day after. I was at .28%.... My first time I drank..

I will NEVER do that again.

Jason1
10-27-2003, 11:32 PM
I had never drank before the friday before this last one. My g/f dumped me like a week before that, so I was feeling pretty down. I decided to drink to forget her.

I got drunk to the point that I didn't know any better, and I chugged out of my friends 40oz vodka bottle. Luckily he was sober enough to hide it from me.

At any rate, I wound up puking in the toilet and passing out in the bathroom. Then I wound up having a 3 hour discussion with my friend of which I remember nothing.

I calculated my BAC the day after. I was at .28%.... My first time I drank..

I will NEVER do that again.

Yea, ive been close to throwing up once...it wasnt fun....you gotta have control man....

PureEvil
10-27-2003, 11:39 PM
I decided to drink to forget her.

LOL. Great reason, yeah.

That's the earmark of a future alcoholic right there, pal.

"I'm sad so I'm gonna get wasted!"

Boy oh boy...

Stonecutter
10-27-2003, 11:54 PM
Listen, if you're going to drink, drink slow, and mix with lots of ice, the water, even the little bit you get from the melted cubes really helps. I was at a wedding reception a few weeks back. I put down 10 Rum and Cokes, and 3 glasses of wine, but the r&c had ice in it, and I drank all of that over a 6 or 7 hour period (minus the wine, which was in about 45 min at dinner.) I was moderately hung over the next day, but nothing too serious, and I could still stand and walk at the end of the day.

Ace195
10-28-2003, 12:27 AM
I couldn't I felt fine that night and then I got up and fell down.then I walked into the bathroom and prayed to the procelin gods

Jewels
10-28-2003, 01:02 AM
I couldn't I felt fine that night and then I got up and fell down.then I walked into the bathroom and prayed to the procelin gods

hehehee, nothing like the porcelin gods....

Happydude
10-28-2003, 10:27 AM
meh...i've never gotten drunk before...*shrugs*

Kitana85
10-28-2003, 11:28 AM
you've got to try a Long Island Ice Tea...but start slowly

Yoda9864
10-28-2003, 12:21 PM
Never even touched the stuff. I'm a good little boy :angel: .

The Germanator
10-28-2003, 12:34 PM
2 glasses of wine in one night is the most I've ever done...Once on New Year's eve and a couple times in Nashville celebrating the end of a long month of recording. It made me feel a bit funny, but I was never close to being drunk.

Yoda9864
10-28-2003, 12:47 PM
It made me feel a bit funny.
Like that feeling you get when you see a hot chick? :lol: :sneaky:

Ace195
10-28-2003, 03:33 PM
Umm.. lol like a hot chick yeah. Kinda like that but you start to not worry about little things :)

jeepnut
10-28-2003, 05:11 PM
Umm.. lol like a hot chick yeah. Kinda like that but you start to not worry about little things :)

Hehe. Little things.

Sorry.

Ace195
10-28-2003, 05:18 PM
jerk :( but lol anyways.

Happydude
10-28-2003, 05:23 PM
Hehe. Little things.

Sorry.
:lol: Ace...lol, why would you do that to yourself?

Bond
10-28-2003, 05:52 PM
I think these hands have felt a lot,
I don't know, what have I touched,
I think these eyes have seen a lot,
I don't know, maybe they've seen too much.

I think this brain has thought a lot,
Searching, trying to find the crutch,
I think this heart has bled once too often,
This time it's bled a bit too much.

Too much of anything, too much for me,
Too much of everything gets too much for me.

I can't remember before '49,
But I know that '48 was there,
My ears let in what I should speak out,
Hmmm, there's something in the air.

Ooh, I've overloaded on my way,
Bye, bye, bye, bye, you better keep in touch.
Think your ears hear a whole lot of music,
And like me they've caught a bit too much.

Too much of anything, is too much for me,

I think these hands have felt a lot,
I don't know, what have I touched,
I think these eyes have seen a lot,
I don't know, maybe they've seen too much.

I think this brain has thought a lot,
Oh, searching, trying to find the crutch,
I think these ears hear a whole lot of music,
And like me they've heard a bit too much.

Too much of anything, is too much for me,

Vampyr
10-28-2003, 06:12 PM
I've only had a few drinks of anything alcoholic in my entire life. Never enough to have any affect on me at all. I just wanted to see what it tasted like, so I took a drink. The only thing I ever liked was this fruit drink thing. I had a drink of wine once, and it was good too. Ive never even taken a drink of beer though, it smells very nasty.

My g/f dumped me a couple weeks ago also, but I did not drink her away. What I did was slept, and typed. You might want to try it, thatmariolover. Just open Microsoft Word and start typing. Type about how you feel, you will be impressed with what you come up with. Another reason for doing this is that I did not want to forget how I felt during those moments of grief. She was my first g/f ever, and I wanted to be able to come back later and remember how I felt.

It also helps to tell other people how you feel.

I still love her, and I told her so. It kills me to know that she dumped me because she was too stressed out. She is a senior, and I respect the fact that she has A LOT of things to do. College, scholarships, etc... But to know that I am without her because of no fault of my own...that sucks.

Im not going to get off on a wild tangent about my sorrow, but it does help to tell people. It helps a lot. I told her how I felt, and I see hope in the future of her coming back. :guitar:

Perfect Stu
10-28-2003, 06:23 PM
I drink, but I've never really been DRUNK. I'm a 265lb Irishman...I hear it takes a lot. I love the buzz, though, that I get from either a few beers/glasses of wine, or the hard stuff. I have a lot of friends that get totally wasted...like, the female friends I have...I could easily take advantage of them. (of course I would never do that...but the fact is that I could if I wanted to...and I know lots of guys like to do that sh*t)

Anyway...drinking is fun as long as you keep yourself under control...

Vampyr
10-28-2003, 06:28 PM
I drink, but I've never really been DRUNK. I'm a 265lb Irishman...I hear it takes a lot. I love the buzz, though, that I get from either a few beers/glasses of wine, or the hard stuff. I have a lot of friends that get totally wasted...like, the female friends I have...I could easily take advantage of them. (of course I would never do that...but the fact is that I could if I wanted to...and I know lots of guys like to do that sh*t)

Anyway...drinking is fun as long as you keep yourself under control...

I imagine it is fun, and I plan to drink, but Im going to wait till Im older, and I'll do it with people I trust, of course. Not at some party with total strangers.

Rndm_Perfection
10-28-2003, 06:29 PM
Just open Microsoft Word and start typing. Type about how you feel, you will be impressed with what you come up with. Another reason for doing this is that I did not want to forget how I felt during those moments of grief.

Very, very good advice. I try to write when I remember to... that is, when I think it's important. I forget my emotions very easily. Heh, maybe I'm bi-polar ¦¬Þ (hell, that might actually be true).

But yeah... I save a lot of tidbits. I want to remember how I felt, whether it's just to remind me "hey... it ended well, perhaps I over-reacted. I'll just cool it this time", or then there are those sorry-ass times when you just want to look at your past out of depression. Seriously, reflecting about past emotions can help. Then again, it can screw you up if you think too hard about it.

:sneaky:

So, remember how you feel, disect it, but don't dwell on it.

thatmariolover
10-28-2003, 06:31 PM
"Anyway...drinking is fun as long as you keep yourself under control..."

I think that's the important thing. As for PureEvil's comment, well, I don't think there's any risk of me being an alcoholic. I made a mistake and that was that. I'll just have to be more responsible next time.

You know, it's funny. I always grew up avoiding smoking and alcohol (to the point that I just thought they were evil). I still don't smoke, but now I've drank.

Drinking is stupid if you're not in control. I wasn't in control. I was stupid. All you good boys and girls, stay good boys and girls.

My g/f dumped me a couple weeks ago also, but I did not drink her away. What I did was slept, and typed. You might want to try it, thatmariolover. Just open Microsoft Word and start typing. Type about how you feel, you will be impressed with what you come up with. Another reason for doing this is that I did not want to forget how I felt during those moments of grief. She was my first g/f ever, and I wanted to be able to come back later and remember how I felt.

It also helps to tell other people how you feel.

Yeah. I'm over it now. I feel better. I called her up a week ago and told her how I felt. I wrote a lot, I talked enough, I wallowed in my own self pity a considerable amount. And now I'm over it. I just needed to feel the pain and get it out of my system. I'm just glad it got over when it did.

Vampyr
10-28-2003, 06:42 PM
Very, very good advice. I try to write when I remember to... that is, when I think it's important. I forget my emotions very easily. Heh, maybe I'm bi-polar ¦¬Þ (hell, that might actually be true).

But yeah... I save a lot of tidbits. I want to remember how I felt, whether it's just to remind me "hey... it ended well, perhaps I over-reacted. I'll just cool it this time", or then there are those sorry-ass times when you just want to look at your past out of depression. Seriously, reflecting about past emotions can help. Then again, it can screw you up if you think too hard about it.

So, remember how you feel, disect it, but don't dwell on it.

Very, very good advice as well, my friend. I dwelled on my emotions for a few days, and it almost tore me apart. But writing helps vent it all out, and I like to go back and read about it when I feel depressed.

Though I dont dwell on it anymore, when I go to bed, and there is nothing to think about, everything floods back in, and it's Hell all over again.

Ace195
10-28-2003, 07:01 PM
:lol: Ace...lol, why would you do that to yourself?
I don't know I did just leave myself open for that one didn't I

jeepnut
10-28-2003, 07:07 PM
I don't know I did just leave myself open for that one didn't I

=-D

Ace195
10-28-2003, 07:10 PM
=-D
Ooh it on now.. :twitch: