PDA

View Full Version : Battle Royale 2: Chapter 3

Dylflon
10-26-2003, 12:58 AM
It's been a while. Sorry for making the fans of the series wait. Special thanks to Ginkasa who has been editing the series. To keep track of who's left I'll give you a quick list.

Members left (New Forum):

Atomus
Xander
Ultima
Jen
WaterLilly
Rose
Shiori
Tigre
Yolanda
Seph (Shubultz Cuts Leader)
Jo (Shubults Cuts Member)
Neffry (Shubultz Cuts member)
Link (Ginkasa)
Digger Phelps (Germanator)
Zalu (Vampyr)
Vash (Vash)
Jebo (Jonbo)
Squall (HappyDude)
Epoch
Tomateo
Dodger
Nobu
Garu

Members left: (23 of 42)

--------------------------------
Chapter 3: Scouts

The forum members slowly move through the forest. They are so edgy that the sound of a twig snapping causes Zalu to get suprised and fire some ammunition into the air, which startles the rest of the group. Zalu looks embarrassed makes a note to not step on any more twigs.

As the unit continues traveling, the new girl, Shiori, grows frustrated.

“This isn’t going to work. We need to break into groups,” Shiori says.

“Why?” a girl named WaterLilly asks.

“We can cover a larger area this way. We’ll keep in contact through the head sets.”

“I want to go with Atomus,”Rose says.

Atomus almost blushes.

Shiori picks people to go with her. She doesn’t know names so she just points. Yolanda, Ultima, Zalu, WaterLilly, Jen, Xander, Jo, Digger Phelps, Seph, Neffry and Squall are chosen.

Atomus speaks to his friends for what he fears will be his last time. Atomus, Xander and Ultima say their goodbyes. Ultima looks worried and seeing this, Atomus tries to reassure him.

“We’ll probably meet back up in about an hour. I’ll talk to you through the headset so we’ll be in contact.”

Atomus attempts to smile but is not able to convincingly do it.

The two groups separate. Atomus leads his group up a small, overgrown dirt path. Atomus spots someone about two hundred feet ahead of him. He motions with his hand for everyone to stop. The person ahead spots the group at about the same time. The person fires two warning shots and starts running. Atomus, Dodger, Tomateo and Nobu rush up the path with their guns drawn. They run up to where the stranger was. They can no longer see him. They continue running but Tomateo snags his foot in a tree root, falls and hits his head on a rock. Tomateo struggles to get back up. He now has a huge gash on his forehead. He spots something up the path. It looks like a small building. The rest of the group catches up and stops once they reach them struggling to catch their breath.

Atomus leads the group to the building. They approach the door expecting for there to be someone inside. Atomus gets his gun ready and kicks the door open. He examines the room. There’s nobody inside.

The group moves into the building and everyone sits down. Dodger and Nobu sling Tomateo’s arms around their shoulders and carry him into the room. Tomateo’s wound is bleeding quite a bit. Tigre and Vash search the room for a first aid kit. Tigre opens cupboards until she finds a roll of gauze.

“I found gauze!” she shouts.

“Throw it here,” says Garu .

Tigre tosses the gauze to Garu and he gets to work bandaging up Tomateo’s head. After Garu finishes wrapping up the wound he sits down and chuckles to himself. Atomus looks confused.

“What’s so funny?” he asks.

“Oh. Wrapping up Tom reminded me of when I was in Scouts. I got a merit badge for first aid by doing the same thing.”

Even though Garu is laughing he still seems very uncomfortable. Everyone in the room seems worried. They are scared. Rose starts to cry. A few people look up to see what’s wrong but quickly lose interest and become consumed once again by their own fear and worry. Atomus gets up, walks over to Rose and sits beside her. He puts his arm around her and pulls her close to him. Her crying subsides into a few sniffles. She seems consoled by Atomus just being beside her. Some of the people in the room are confused by Atomus’s behavior. To them he always seemed a little cold.

Atomus was cold. Rose was a bit of a cry baby. Her crying made everyone a little more uneasy so Atomus did it as sort of a way to get her to shut up.

Jebo paces back and forth seemingly angry and frustrated. Eventually he gets to a point where he can no longer control his anger and punches a hole through the rotting wooden wall.

“How can those bastards just take our lives away from us? Is this a game to them?” shouts Jebo.

Atomus tells Jebo to shut up. Jebo looks hurt. He sits down and takes a long breath and exhales it into a sigh. Vash looks to Atomus.

“What do we do now?”

Atomus doesn’t understand why everyone looks to him as a leader but feels he has to take on this responsibility.

“We’ll stay here for a while and rest. Once Shiori contacts us, we’ll start moving again.”

Just as Atomus finishes the last word in his sentence, noise comes through everybody’s headsets. All they can hear is loud breathing. Then gunshots are fired. It sounds like the other group is engaged in a heated firefight. Then a huge explosion drowns all of that out. The sound stops.

The Germanator
10-26-2003, 01:01 AM
psst, Digger Phelps is me, not Gamemaster, just clearing that up

Dylflon
10-26-2003, 01:03 AM

oh...damn
I screwed that up.

Who was GM?

jeepnut
10-26-2003, 04:00 AM
How did I die?

By the way, thanks for continuing the story.

Blackmane
10-26-2003, 01:07 PM
Yea, I died too, but I don't remember being snuffed in episode 2.

Anyways, very good edition to the BR2 Series. Love the cliffhanger.

Dylflon
10-26-2003, 01:31 PM
Jeepnut and Blackmane, neither of you are dead. You're part of the resistance force.

Vampyr
10-26-2003, 01:46 PM
I'm a nervous psychopath with a gun. AWESOME! =-D

This one was quite good. We are beginning to see some interesting character development that goes a bit deeper than previous stories/chapters, especially with Atomus. I did notice a few minor errors:

The rest of the group catches up and stops once they reach them struggling to catch their breath.

I think "them" was ment to be "him."

She seems consoled by Atomus just being beside him.

"Him" should be "her".

I think that was all. Other than that, superb job.

Ginkasa
10-26-2003, 02:27 PM
"Him" should be "her".

I think that was all. Other than that, superb job.

Oh...I see now. That mistakes mine. It was originally her but I thought the "her" was supposed to be referring to Atomus so I changed it to "him." I see what he meant now...

*shrugs and walks away*

Ace195
10-26-2003, 02:55 PM
Wasn't Digger Phelps from Artemis Fowl ? I can't remember. But hey dyflon can I be in the next one ?

Dylflon
10-26-2003, 03:00 PM
Wasn't Digger Phelps from Artemis Fowl ? I can't remember. But hey dyflon can I be in the next one ?

I think you're in this one. Reistance group.

Blackmane
10-28-2003, 03:29 AM
Ok, I didn't realize that that list was only the new forum. My bad.

*hopes he is tight in the future*

ominub
10-28-2003, 11:09 AM
let me be something i want to be something
anything will be good for me

Dylflon
10-28-2003, 10:21 PM
let me be something i want to be something
anything will be good for me

Deal.