PDA

View Full Version : IGN buys TeamXbox.com

Dyne
10-21-2003, 02:21 AM
IGN Entertainment - home to IGN.com®, the web's largest gaming and entertainment destination with over 10.5 million unique monthly visitors - today announced the purchase of the TeamXbox.com, one of the world’s largest Xbox-only sites. The acquisition, which further solidifies IGN’s position as the leading online destination for gamers, allows IGN to provide the most complete Xbox coverage online.

“We are very excited to welcome TeamXbox into the IGN family,” said Mark Jung, CEO, IGN Entertainment. “As one of the largest independent sites totally dedicated to Xbox, TeamXbox is the Xbox thought leader with a wealth of original content and a strong, loyal community. Combined with our own Xbox offering, the TeamXbox acquisition makes IGN Entertainment the obvious choice for marketers trying to reach the Xbox enthusiast.”

TeamXbox will continue to deliver quality information as well daily features such as up-to-the-minute gaming news and weekly “Xbox on the Net” that wraps up everything Xbox covered by other sites. TeamXbox averages over a half million unique visitors per month and is the “official” game forum for over 15 Xbox titles.

“IGN Entertainment is the premier online videogame content destination, and TeamXbox is devoted to providing the most comprehensive Xbox specific information on the net,” said Brent Soboleski, Creative Director of TeamXbox. “IGN brings tremendous assets to the partnership and together we aim to build the ultimate online presence for the entire Xbox community – including Xbox gamers and Xbox publishers. “

.....Owned. :)

Jonbo298
10-21-2003, 03:52 PM
I wonder what kind of deals were made with the acquisition/merger. But oh well, maybe this is good for TeamXbox.com

Is planetgamecube.com next on IGN's list.......

Dyne
10-21-2003, 08:27 PM
Maybe it'll end up like Voodoo Extreme. They're effectively buying out the competition. :P

I don't know, I haven't heard much news from PlanetGamecube.com. They've sort of died down.

Xantar
10-21-2003, 09:37 PM
From a quality standpoint, TXB was a bad choice. Most serious Xbox owners I know stay far away from that fanboy nest.

But then again, this is IGN we're talking about. Their forums are not exactly the pinnacle of intelligence.

Oh well. It doesn't really matter to me.

Bond
10-21-2003, 09:41 PM
I've stayed far away from TeamXbox for four years and counting...