PDA

View Full Version : Batman vs. Superman

Vampyr
10-14-2003, 09:02 PM
There was a debate going on in the "Movies Without Sequals" about Batman vs. Superman.

This debate did not belong in that thread, as Rndm_Perfection pointed out. I didnt want any disrespect to the original starter of the thread, so I decided to start a new thread dedicated to it. This one includes a poll, so we can see what people really believe. Defend your choices, as it will make this more fun.

Also, before blindly choosing Superman, think about it. If anyone has ever read the comic novel called "The Dark Knight Returns", then you know that Batman has already beaten Superman. But suppose there is a rematch? Batman has skill and science, Superman has pure ruthless strength.

I will pass my vote for Batman. Because he has already proven his worth that he can win, and because he is just cool, and he could create a suit with his science knowledge that has Kryptonite fused into every thread... Let the debate begin again!

DarkMaster
10-14-2003, 09:08 PM
I choose Batman, cause he knows where its at, plain and simple.

Superman, on the other hand, lacks knowledge in the whereabouts of where its at.

What does Superman have the Batman doesn't have? So what if he can fly, Batman has a badass batmobile, that sh*t is where its at. And Batman is more intelligent, not to mention Superman is ugly.

Case closed.

Rndm_Perfection
10-14-2003, 09:30 PM
Depends if Batman's cheap and uses kryptonite. And that's all it depends on.

Vampyr
10-14-2003, 09:37 PM
Depends if Batman's cheap and uses kryptonite. And that's all it depends on.

Of course he would. Batman is a badass, and he'll do whatever it takes to win.

GiMpY-wAnNaBe
10-14-2003, 09:50 PM
Superman all the way! he'll lazervision his @$$ before is cheap 10 million dollar kryptonite gets anywhere near superman. After that he would freeze batman's ugly face and than break his head off and play pool with his eyeballs, case closed :D:D

Happydude
10-14-2003, 09:54 PM
stupid geeks :shakehead

Dyne
10-14-2003, 10:48 PM
Yeah, I used to argue about this in grade 2.

Jason1
10-14-2003, 10:58 PM
These arguements have to be the dumbest thing ever.........j00 GEEKAZOIDS!!!!!! :devil:

Rndm_Perfection
10-14-2003, 11:09 PM
1... 2... 3...

Alright, those comments came from a guy who pasted the terminator bot over his face and used it as his avatar, as well as voted for Samus (who wears full body armor) because she was hot; a 100% otaku who's deeply interested j-pop/j-rock and DDR (sorry, seen one too many images at something awful tearing apart DDR)... not to mention the times he's tried to legit"imicize" the intelligence of this gaming forum; and a sports/gaming fan who is somehow supposedly racist (as I've read in a certain thread long ago).

All of which replied to the thread and made their vote count.

Excuse me for yanking your chains, but I'd just like you to know we're all in the same geeky boat here.

GameMaster
10-14-2003, 11:35 PM
Superman because he uses his own abilities while Batman just depends on devices and gadgets to save his ass. And Batman is disrespectful to Alfred (his butler) which just makes him all the more pompous and arrogant.

Ginkasa
10-14-2003, 11:58 PM
I think Superman said that Batman would be able to defeat if they really fought... I think I read that somewhere...

Batman would be able to figure out someway to win. Is Batman stronger? No, of course not. But he's taken out tons of guys who are stronger than him before. Batman would figure out a way.

*shrugs and walks away*

CrOnO_LiNk
10-15-2003, 12:14 AM
Of course he would. Batman is a badass, and he'll do whatever it takes to win.

Do you watch Smallville? :)

The young Clark kent (18 years old) in that show robs a bank, steals money from killers, steals a Lamborgini, hits his own dad, pimps girls, and some other crap too.

But this is when he has the red kryptonite on him. Oh well, red kryptonite= true self. :)

Now who's the badass? =-D

Jewels
10-15-2003, 12:24 PM
of course superman would win, he flys. has an unreasonable amount of strength, can bend metal. melt it with his eyes, and blow huge of gusts of wind out of his mouth....

whats the most batman has ever done.........besides ripping a fart!?

Jonbo298
10-15-2003, 02:02 PM
Batman because (as I said similar to in the other thread) "He'll be a cheap bastard and whip out the tons of Kryptonite stored in his "Utility Belt"

GiMpY-wAnNaBe
10-15-2003, 06:09 PM
Batman because (as I said similar to in the other thread) "He'll be a cheap bastard and whip out the tons of Kryptonite stored in his "Utility Belt"
his utility belt can kiss my a$$!!! superman will roast his cheap a$$ rubber outfit before he gets anywhere near superman

BigBoss
10-15-2003, 06:14 PM
Superman would just wear his suit that protects him from Kryptonite so while batman would be cheap Superman would be cheaper by letting batman think he is winning then just rip his arms off and beat him to death with them.

Jonbo298
10-15-2003, 06:20 PM
his utility belt can kiss my a$$!!!

You never know what the Utility Belt can do;)

Dyne
10-15-2003, 06:24 PM
1... 2... 3...

Alright, those comments came from a guy who pasted the terminator bot over his face and used it as his avatar, as well as voted for Samus (who wears full body armor) because she was hot; a 100% otaku who's deeply interested j-pop/j-rock and DDR (sorry, seen one too many images at something awful tearing apart DDR)... not to mention the times he's tried to legit"imicize" the intelligence of this gaming forum; and a sports/gaming fan who is somehow supposedly racist (as I've read in a certain thread long ago).

All of which replied to the thread and made their vote count.

Excuse me for yanking your chains, but I'd just like you to know we're all in the same geeky boat here.

Well, Rndm_Accusations, it's a topic we wore out in grade 2. Of course I took the super powers and all that into account; it's just something that you really can't argue about. Geeks wouldn't be the correct term.

And it's threads like this that bring down my expectations of this forum. This can't be a valuable argument. So, I said, you're all a bunch of geeks. Capish? It's just not worth it.

Stop getting all bitter over nothing.

Vampyr
10-15-2003, 07:00 PM
Well, Rndm_Accusations, it's a topic we wore out in grade 2. Of course I took the super powers and all that into account; it's just something that you really can't argue about. Geeks wouldn't be the correct term.

And it's threads like this that bring down my expectations of this forum. This can't be a valuable argument. So, I said, you're all a bunch of geeks. Capish? It's just not worth it.

Stop getting all bitter over nothing.

This may be your opinion, but its obviously flawed. For one thing, some of us enjoy comic books. They arent just for children, actually most comic books are pg-13, and some are R, little kids, especially second graders, cant possibly understand their depth. Comics have a great deal of meaning, not just pretty pictures.

So an arguement like this is perfectly acceptable for people who read comics and respect them. People like you, however, who are under the impression that comics are for 2nd graders, and not worth "it", should reconsider their point of view.

And if something "like this" isnt worth anything, or getting bitter over, than why in the world are they making a "Batman vs. Superman" movie. Obviously this appeals to more than a few "geeks". :rolleyes:

Hero2
10-15-2003, 07:03 PM
such hate in this thread.

Dyne
10-15-2003, 07:19 PM
This may be your opinion, but its obviously flawed. For one thing, some of us enjoy comic books. They arent just for children, actually most comic books are pg-13, and some are R, little kids, especially second graders, cant possibly understand their depth. Comics have a great deal of meaning, not just pretty pictures.

So an arguement like this is perfectly acceptable for people who read comics and respect them. People like you, however, who are under the impression that comics are for 2nd graders, and not worth "it", should reconsider their point of view.

And if something "like this" isnt worth anything, or getting bitter over, than why in the world are they making a "Batman vs. Superman" movie. Obviously this appeals to more than a few "geeks". :rolleyes:

Let's put this into different terms, then. Mario versus Sonic. What are the arguments there? "Well, one's faster.. one.. jumps higher."

They are both complex characters, I know that, I respect your appeal to them, and not once did I say I disliked them. I said, arguments like this one tend to be overdone, and I choose to not partake in it. And I said, "geeks" aren't necessarily the right term. I absolutely hate Sonic Vs. Mario arguments, or Nintendo Vs. Sony Arguments, or Pokemon Vs. Yu-Gi-Oh, or whatever crap it is. There's a lot you can pull out of your ass in these kinds of arguments. I know it's fun, this thread is probably made to be fun, but really, I'm speechless when these arguments are brought up. I've only heard "Millionaire" and "Kryptonite" a million times.

Batman is better. There, now THERE's a real opinion. You can say "You're wrong" to it, you support your evidence, I'll support mine, and so on. I had the intellectual capacity at Grade 2 to support myself.

I don't like arguments period, in fact. When people make accusations they have no evidence of, it gets out of hand. Now I will have two reasons to stay out of this thread.

Really, you created the extra poll option, so you vowed for it.

Ginkasa
10-15-2003, 07:30 PM

Actually, they aren't making a Superman vs. Batman movie. It was canned. They decided just to focus more on the individual franchises more than a co thing like that. There is a very (very very) small chance (near impossibility) that they'll revive the project if the new Batman and Superman movies work out. But don't count on it.

Besides, it wasn't going to be a straight out Batman fights Superman thing. That's stupid, they wouldn't actually just go out and fight. Have you ever seen the animated "World's Finest" cartoon that featured Batman and Superman? It was going to be like that. The two were going to do against each other a bit, but were more or less on the same team and working together.

*shrugs and walks away*

Dyne
10-15-2003, 07:36 PM
Yeah, I thought it was canned, too. There's a cartoon series on WB right now that has all the super heroes working together, though the name eludes me. I don't know why they'd fight anyways. That's why it's dumb.

Ginkasa
10-15-2003, 08:39 PM
Its Justice League and its on Cartoon Network, not Kid's WB.

*shrugs and walks away*

Dyne
10-15-2003, 08:45 PM
Its Justice League and its on Cartoon Network, not Kid's WB.

*shrugs and walks away*

Whoops, heh. I can never get those networks right. It's on YTV here; I just never knew where it originated, because I never really watched it. I do know that Superman and Batman used to be on WB.

GameMaster
10-15-2003, 09:17 PM
What about a Sonic vs. Batman and Mario vs. Superman poll!

Vampyr
10-15-2003, 10:02 PM
Let's put this into different terms, then. Mario versus Sonic. What are the arguments there? "Well, one's faster.. one.. jumps higher."

They are both complex characters, I know that, I respect your appeal to them, and not once did I say I disliked them. I said, arguments like this one tend to be overdone, and I choose to not partake in it. And I said, "geeks" aren't necessarily the right term. I absolutely hate Sonic Vs. Mario arguments, or Nintendo Vs. Sony Arguments, or Pokemon Vs. Yu-Gi-Oh, or whatever crap it is. There's a lot you can pull out of your ass in these kinds of arguments. I know it's fun, this thread is probably made to be fun, but really, I'm speechless when these arguments are brought up. I've only heard "Millionaire" and "Kryptonite" a million times.

Batman is better. There, now THERE's a real opinion. You can say "You're wrong" to it, you support your evidence, I'll support mine, and so on. I had the intellectual capacity at Grade 2 to support myself.

I don't like arguments period, in fact. When people make accusations they have no evidence of, it gets out of hand. Now I will have two reasons to stay out of this thread.

Really, you created the extra poll option, so you vowed for it.

All valid arguements, but the "Batman vs. Superman" debate was still taking place, only under the wrong thread...so I made one.

I completely respect your decision that its for geeks...as I did add it to the poll myself. The reason I was attacking and -repping was for saying that it was a pointless arguement that only a second grader would argue about.

The last paragraph in my post is aimed at defending my choice at Batman.

Actually, they aren't making a Superman vs. Batman movie. It was canned. They decided just to focus more on the individual franchises more than a co thing like that. There is a very (very very) small chance (near impossibility) that they'll revive the project if the new Batman and Superman movies work out. But don't count on it.

Thats shotty. Point stands valid that they were making one.

What about a Sonic vs. Batman and Mario vs. Superman poll!

Why didnt I think of that?

DimHalo
10-15-2003, 10:36 PM
I think that arguments like these are made for fun and I highly doubt that anyone here really gets that worked up about the argument. So why not have a little dispute... helps to make your opinions stronger. At least people that choose to participate are showing that they actually think about it. Shows character in my opinion.

Mechadragon
10-15-2003, 10:40 PM
Too many variables.

Dyne
10-16-2003, 01:24 AM
All valid arguements, but the "Batman vs. Superman" debate was still taking place, only under the wrong thread...so I made one.

I completely respect your decision that its for geeks...as I did add it to the poll myself. The reason I was attacking and -repping was for saying that it was a pointless arguement that only a second grader would argue about.

Heh, don't take things so personally. I said I argued about it in grade 2... I meant to elaborate on that saying I'd worn it out, but it's too late. Oh well. :P

Whatever. No hard feelings. But Rndm, you did go a bit overboard, so Happydude and Jason deserve an apology. I see you were trying to explain the situation, but calling someone "racist" or "otaku"... Well, please apologize.

The Duggler
10-16-2003, 09:30 AM
In Smallville yesterday, some sniper made kryptonite bullets and shot Clark with it. No need to say, he wasn't able to stop those. It was pretty cool.

Clark then made a bullet proof vest made of lead which worked pretty good.

Ginkasa
10-16-2003, 12:33 PM
http://www.nuklearpower.com/daily.php?date=031016

I thought this was pretty funny. Although it focuses on Batman vs. Dr. Doom, its still pretty funny considering the argument going on here.

*shrugs and walks away*

Rndm_Perfection
10-16-2003, 03:22 PM
But Rndm, you did go a bit overboard, so Happydude and Jason deserve an apology. I see you were trying to explain the situation, but calling someone "racist" or "otaku"... Well, please apologize.

First of all I'll comply with your request, regardless of my opinion on the matter and apologize for calling you an otaku, as my "definition" of otaku does not match the defined pop-culture term.

By otaku, I meant that you enjoy animé and anything/everything Japanese to some extent. It's not a bad thing, in fact I can fall into that category quite often. After "reasearching", I found that otaku is a much more negative term, as it's geared toward letting a person know that they have no life and are literally obsessed. Some people, however, would be proud to be an otaku, no matter how bad it sounds. Yet, I'm restating that the word "otaku" was being used to denote "geekiness" rather than to be used as an insult.

As for Jason, however, I did not call him racist. I was merely alluding to numerous statements I've seen posted on this board. That is, his "geekiness" is based on the fact that he has been called racist in a gaming forum (despite the fact that he's a sports fan... and sports have many, many different races).

Err, I'm not sure why HappyDude would take offense. He did paste the terminator bot over his face and used it as his icon, and he did vote for Samus because she is "hot"... despite the fact that she wears a full suit of armor. I should be allowed to claim that it shows signs of "geekiness" ¦¬̃.

Basically... I set a trap in this thread. The trap being that I would point out the "geekiness" of anyone who had openly voted that this thread is strictly geek-only. I don't think less than any of you, and that is why I didn't give negative rep to any of you (yes, I actively give rep when I can remember). I just wanted to make you all take a different perspective on "geekiness". What makes on a geek? Talking about Superman and Batman? It's definately not that simple, and I wanted to demonstrate that. "We're all in the same geeky boat here." No bitterness.

Dyne, try not to let my words get you heated unless I inform you that they are hostile. Unless I get right out and say it, I'm usually not posting out of anger. A lot of my posts try to say something different. Oh yes, king of controversy I am, eh? ¦¬̃

And back on "topic":
This battle is little different than the character battles. It's just gamers voicing their opinion about common trivial questions; trying to answer the unimportant and impossible.

P.S. This is a gaming forum, just like any other. It is the few posters like you and I that make a "difference" in the atmosphere... other than that, it's just reviews of games, penile jokes, and generally pointless stuff like this thread... all of which are posted for fun, and only fun. You know you'd miss me in my absence ¦¬̃

Dyne
10-16-2003, 05:33 PM
First of all I'll comply with your request, regardless of my opinion on the matter and apologize for calling you an otaku, as my "definition" of otaku does not match the defined pop-culture term.

By otaku, I meant that you enjoy animé and anything/everything Japanese to some extent. It's not a bad thing, in fact I can fall into that category quite often. After "reasearching", I found that otaku is a much more negative term, as it's geared toward letting a person know that they have no life and are literally obsessed. Some people, however, would be proud to be an otaku, no matter how bad it sounds. Yet, I'm restating that the word "otaku" was being used to denote "geekiness" rather than to be used as an insult.

As for Jason, however, I did not call him racist. I was merely alluding to numerous statements I've seen posted on this board. That is, his "geekiness" is based on the fact that he has been called racist in a gaming forum (despite the fact that he's a sports fan... and sports have many, many different races).

Err, I'm not sure why HappyDude would take offense. He did paste the terminator bot over his face and used it as his icon, and he did vote for Samus because she is "hot"... despite the fact that she wears a full suit of armor. I should be allowed to claim that it shows signs of "geekiness" ¦¬̃.

Basically... I set a trap in this thread. The trap being that I would point out the "geekiness" of anyone who had openly voted that this thread is strictly geek-only. I don't think less than any of you, and that is why I didn't give negative rep to any of you (yes, I actively give rep when I can remember). I just wanted to make you all take a different perspective on "geekiness". What makes on a geek? Talking about Superman and Batman? It's definately not that simple, and I wanted to demonstrate that. "We're all in the same geeky boat here." No bitterness.

Dyne, try not to let my words get you heated unless I inform you that they are hostile. Unless I get right out and say it, I'm usually not posting out of anger. A lot of my posts try to say something different. Oh yes, king of controversy I am, eh? ¦¬̃

And back on "topic":
This battle is little different than the character battles. It's just gamers voicing their opinion about common trivial questions; trying to answer the unimportant and impossible.

P.S. This is a gaming forum, just like any other. It is the few posters like you and I that make a "difference" in the atmosphere... other than that, it's just reviews of games, penile jokes, and generally pointless stuff like this thread... all of which are posted for fun, and only fun. You know you'd miss me in my absence ¦¬̃

I only got heated because you had assumed I was otaku, and deeply into J-rock/J-pop/DDR. I'm not. I like listening to the occasional Gackt, DDR is good to excercise to (and I only bought my first version a couple of weeks ago), and anime is not my forte. I could seriously say I don't watch anime. The last anime I saw was Animatrix, and maybe a Love Hina episode. Aside from that, it's been somewhat around, but I don't really.. watch it.

Don't get tip over the boat again, ok? :P

Rndm_Perfection
10-16-2003, 09:22 PM
Don't get tip over the boat again, ok? :P

Yes, I'll remember to never again say that someone likes something no matter how much "all signs point to yes". Lousy magic 8-ball. ¦¬̃

Mechadragon
10-17-2003, 03:46 PM
I DONT POST HEER NO MO CUZ U GUYS ARE TEH NERDS! ROFLZ

GiMpY-wAnNaBe
10-18-2003, 01:13 PM
*looks around*, so its settled
.....superman wins :p

Vampyr
10-18-2003, 03:33 PM
*looks around*, so its settled
.....superman wins

Well, looks more like a tie to me.

10, 10.

Canyarion
10-18-2003, 06:05 PM
http://www.nuklearpower.com/daily.php?date=031016 I thought this was pretty funny. Although it focuses on Batman vs. Dr. Doom, its still pretty funny considering the argument going on here.
*shrugs and walks away*:D Damn straight!