PDA

View Full Version : House of the Dead

GiMpY-wAnNaBe
10-12-2003, 07:09 PM
WORST......MOVIE.....EVER

enuff said....honestly do NOT go see this, it is the worst pice of c*ap out there.....

BigBoss
10-12-2003, 07:15 PM
I did not even know the movie was out. What was so horrible about it?

GiMpY-wAnNaBe
10-12-2003, 07:22 PM
ok...*SPOILERS*** not that u'd wanna c the movie, but...still

ok, its abou 6 kids, who happen to go to an island for a rave, but apparantly some spanish guy from 1000 years ago figured out how to create life from dead bodies, and stay immortal so he sent his minions to kill everyone at the rave, so anyways, these 6 kids get there late so everyones dead already, but *luckily* the captain that was taking them to the island was smuggling desert eagles, m4a1s, gl4 grenade launchers, double barrelled shot guns and such, and WOULDN'T you know it, all 6 kids happen to have perfect aim, and seem to be military trained commandos wih no fear(not to mention they all happened to be gravity defying black belts). The acting was HORRIBLE, they put love scenes in the WORST possible locations, the main action part was a joke, and the scary parts were SO damn stupid that i had to look away to keep myself from bothering the theeatre with laughter. There are SOO many loose ends and things that simply don't make sense its not funny, but definately the WORST part was when it hinted for a sequel at the end.....honestly DON"T see it

Hero2
10-12-2003, 07:27 PM
that movie sounds like it sux big... I have too see this for myself because it cant be that bad...j/k

Happydude
10-12-2003, 10:12 PM
that movie sounds liek it sux big... I have too see this for myself because it cant be that bad...j/k
if you see this movie, i'll personally come down to whereever it is you live, i dont care if it's in antarctica, i will come down there and beat your ass to a pulp!

this is the worst movie i've seen since the titanic...and the titanic was a big pile of crap!!!!

The Germanator
10-12-2003, 10:36 PM
I knew something was wrong when they used a very old DMX song in the trailer for a movie about an old arcade shooter. Bad combo.

Vampyr
10-12-2003, 10:39 PM
Sounds shotty...

I wasnt planning on seeing it anyway.

Xantar
10-12-2003, 10:55 PM
That sounds like i doesn't even have anything to do with the game. Whoever it was that developed those games must have been desperate for money in allowing the movie license.

Oh wait, that's because the developer was Sega. :p

GiMpY-wAnNaBe
10-12-2003, 11:27 PM
That sounds like i doesn't even have anything to do with the game. Whoever it was that developed those games must have been desperate for money in allowing the movie license.

Oh wait, that's because the developer was Sega. :p
the worst part was that during the big suspence scenes right after whoever died, they would show like a 2 second cutscene from the game...it was downright horrible

Hero2
10-13-2003, 12:14 AM
the worst part was that during the big suspence scenes right after whoever died, they would show like a 2 second cutscene from the game...it was downright horrible
hell yea I must waste my money on this :)

DarkMaster
10-13-2003, 12:48 AM
WORST......MOVIE.....EVER
Oh, I beg to differ.

http://www.apple.com/trailers/miramax/shaolin_soccer/

Happydude
10-13-2003, 01:29 AM
Oh, I beg to differ.

i heard that movie's great! i wanted to see it so bad, i never got the chance to though :(

Xantar
10-13-2003, 03:35 AM
The difference between House of the Dead and Shaolin Soccer is that Shaolin Soccer uses its badness to be good. Its computer graphics are intentionally cheesy and its action is intentionally cartoony. You can see it when you watch the movie that the director really isn't taking his movie very seriously. Contrast this with House of the Dead which apparently thinks it can actually scare you.

However, the dubbing in Shaolin Soccer is terrible.

Dyne
10-13-2003, 03:49 AM
Hmm... another licence down the drain.

It doesn't matter if they prop up for a sequel or not. The Street Fighter movie had a scene at the end where Bison came up from the rubble, and that movie never saw a sequel...

And Shaolin Soccer was hilarious. We watched it for our Physics class.. much better than some of the other Matrix spoofs out there, even when others like this movie tries.

GiMpY-wAnNaBe
10-13-2003, 09:41 AM
Oh, I beg to differ.

I actaully saw the direct chinese version wiht subtitles, so i don't know if there were any improvements, but i actually liked it, some parts made no sense, and the ending was damn stupid, but i loved it! :D

Canyarion
10-13-2003, 10:22 AM
Hehe... we like soccer and we like martial arts, sounds like our movie! :D

Jewels
10-13-2003, 06:38 PM
this movie sounds awful, almost as crappy as cold creek manor! for god sakes!!! NO ONE SEE THAT MOVIE!! i thought it was about a scary house... my mom said to me it was good, but it sucked, never will i see it again!

Ace195
10-13-2003, 07:02 PM
my mom said to me it was good, see thats where you went wrong your mom said it was good.. and you listened :distress:

:offtopic: lol this smiley is funny :) :constipat

CrOnO_LiNk
10-13-2003, 08:41 PM
this is the worst movie i've seen since the titanic...and the titanic was a big pile of crap!!!!

Titanic is considered to be the best movie of all time to some people. I hope you're being sarcastic.....

Mechadragon
10-13-2003, 08:50 PM

Titanic is considered to be the best movie of all time to some people. I hope you're being sarcastic.....
He has his opinion. Let him be.

Ace195
10-13-2003, 09:27 PM

hmm.. umm.. o.0.. Oh wait I did like that movie.. There was that one drawing and what not :) lol

Happydude
10-13-2003, 11:02 PM
sorry, but yeah...IMO...titanic was a big pile of crap...you girls think what you want.:p

CrOnO_LiNk
10-15-2003, 12:48 AM
He has his opinion. Let him be.

Yeah, I know. I just wanted to make sure if he was serious or just being sarcastic.

sorry, but yeah...IMO...titanic was a big pile of crap...you girls think what you want.:p

Ok.............. :unsure:

Seth
01-23-2005, 10:50 PM
I know this is a bit old but I just saw Shaolin Soccer for the first time, and it came up in this thread's conversation.

It is such a fun movie.

if you haven't seen it already, do so. HO

Su-Yin
01-24-2005, 09:07 AM
if u guys like shaolin soccer you should really check out KungFu Hustle....its better

http://www.kungfuhustle.com/index_en.php

Happydude
01-24-2005, 02:08 PM
/me goes to search for places to download Shaolin Soccer

Canyarion
01-24-2005, 03:58 PM
/me read the whole thread thinking it was new*

:baby: