PDA

View Full Version : Which political party do you belong too?

Jewels
10-11-2003, 12:37 PM
Which political party do you belong to...?

Vampyr
10-11-2003, 12:51 PM
Democrat.

Professor S
10-11-2003, 01:11 PM
Well "liberal" isn't a political party. Its an ideal. You may be thinking Libertarian, and that is FAR from liberal in definition. They are probably the exact opposite.

Happydude
10-11-2003, 01:15 PM
i have the right to vote, but i didnt :p

so right now, i dont care.

Jewels
10-11-2003, 01:17 PM
Well "liberal" isn't a political party. Its an ideal. You may be thinking Libertarian, and that is FAR from liberal in definition. They are probably the exact opposite.

thats what i meant :(

Bond
10-11-2003, 01:18 PM
I would assume she meant Libertarian because conservative isn't on there.

I'm a Republican, economically conservative and socially liberal. You know...

EDIT: I changed liberal to Libertarian for you Jewels.

Crono
10-11-2003, 03:48 PM
You forgot the option "I do not live in the United States, and therefore do not belong to an AMERICAN political party."

As to what Canadian political party I belong to... well, right now I'd say Progressive Conservatives. Although I'm not sure... I tend to be both liberal and conservative, kind of like a "Liberal Republican" that Bond has mentioned before.

Rndm_Perfection
10-11-2003, 06:34 PM

Thems be my ideals.

Vampyr
10-11-2003, 10:36 PM
Thems be my ideals.

Well, Im a Democrat because they are the "poor mans party." Most republicans (note that I say most) believe in the "trickle down" effect in which tax breaks and money is given to the rich in hopes that it will "trickle down" to the poor.

I say **** that. Most Democrats believe in giving the poorer people money.

Bond
10-11-2003, 10:42 PM
Well, Im a Democrat because they are the "poor mans party." Most republicans (note that I say most) believe in the "trickle down" effect in which tax breaks and money is given to the rich in hopes that it will "trickle down" to the poor.

You weren't serious on the "poor mans party" were you?

Vampyr
10-11-2003, 10:51 PM
You weren't serious on the "poor mans party" were you?

You know what I mean...The Democratic Party has been referred to as this. It is almost a nickname, because they have different economic beliefs than Republicans.

Im not going to pretend to know a lot about politics, because I dont know a lot about them, and I dont want to argue with Bond about it because I get the feeling he knows a lot more about this than I do, Im just referring to things Ive heard discussed in my social studies classes and from the news.

GameMaster
10-11-2003, 11:27 PM
Tee hee! I am a democrat! :)

GameKinG
10-12-2003, 12:19 AM
I dont seem to agree with liberl ideas very much, so I would say im on the right side (and I mean that in position, and correction : p )...even though there are a lot of conservative democrats.

The worst democrats are the ones from san francisco. Thats why Ill never live there, I hate that city a lot.

Rndm_Perfection
10-12-2003, 12:22 AM

I feel America is a land of equal opportunity. It's up to the individual, not the government, to support those who cannot support themselves. There are plenty of options as is in the United States. And yes... I assume this topic is about the United States, not Canada.

Tax percentages should be equal. There shouldn't be any benefits or disadvantages to be super rich. However, I feel that if you work hard for your money ... *takes a break to think of the song* ... then you deserve every penny of it. Then, it's up to you - the individual - to spend it correctly.

My beliefs are pretty idealistic... because I know there are plenty of heartless folk with billions that just want to stockpile the money without having a use for it. But, people like that can be "taken care of".

Yes, vote Rndm_P for president :sneaky:.

Ace195
10-12-2003, 12:56 AM
I really don't care to chose, one because I'm not very into politcs because my parents were never into and I find it very boring. And two even when I vote the person I choose doesn't always keep my opinions in mind. So I don't really care to do anything with politics.

Jonbo298
10-12-2003, 02:08 AM
Democrat for life :)

Bond
10-12-2003, 08:58 AM
I feel America is a land of equal opportunity. It's up to the individual, not the government, to support those who cannot support themselves. There are plenty of options as is in the United States. And yes... I assume this topic is about the United States, not Canada.

Tax percentages should be equal. There shouldn't be any benefits or disadvantages to be super rich. However, I feel that if you work hard for your money ... *takes a break to think of the song* ... then you deserve every penny of it. Then, it's up to you - the individual - to spend it correctly.

My beliefs are pretty idealistic... because I know there are plenty of heartless folk with billions that just want to stockpile the money without having a use for it. But, people like that can be "taken care of".

Yes, vote Rndm_P for president :sneaky:.
Damn straight. It's too bad the flat tax will never pass...

Vampyr
10-12-2003, 08:59 AM
*Looks at the chart*

Booya, democrats rule. :guitar:

And just to clear up a few things, I do not believe in every set Democratic belief. I just agree with more Democrat than I do republican beliefs, so I am a Democrat. I do have conservative beliefs along with my liberal beliefs, but I am more liberal.

Im on the right side of the left wing. Make sense?

Ace195
10-12-2003, 11:11 AM
Democrat for life :)
Jon since you turned 18 how often have you gone to vote. OR have you even registered ?

DimHalo
10-12-2003, 05:26 PM
well i am not political (almost 21 and have never voted) however i do tend to lean on the republican side of issues so when I asked I say republican. I am just too lazy to do something with it.

BigBoss
10-12-2003, 06:35 PM
Republicans are with the patriots so im voteing for the democrats.

Professor S
10-12-2003, 08:02 PM

What?

Ace195
10-12-2003, 08:35 PM
What?
Yeah I'm with him what ? Your friends with myself and joe.. And you lean away from patriotism ?

Jewels
10-12-2003, 10:55 PM

EDIT: I changed liberal to Libertarian for you Jewels.

thank you!

Jonbo298
10-13-2003, 02:12 PM
Jon since you turned 18 how often have you gone to vote. OR have you even registered ?

So what if I haven't registered yet. I've been a Democrat for going on 3-4 years now. Just because I'm not a "legal" Democrat doesn't mean ****.

Mechadragon
10-13-2003, 02:32 PM
I think that is a Metal Gear Solid 2 reference.

ominub
10-13-2003, 02:34 PM
thats right it confused me at first too then he told me what it ment since his name avatar sig all comes from MGS2

Rndm_Perfection
10-13-2003, 04:02 PM
Hmm, I actually understood BigBoss when I first read his post.

BigBoss
10-13-2003, 05:07 PM

I thought more people would get that.