PDA

View Full Version : What Would You DO ?

Ace195
10-08-2003, 12:42 AM
I work at Earthlink Technical Support my job is boring for the most part and I'm very good at what I do. I was a senior technician until I joined the army and went away for about 5 months. But I'm only National Guard so I get to come back to my job.

I work in a decent sized call center and I know I'm not the only tech on the floor thats under this certain supervisor and all.. And I know that our calls aren't supposted to exceed say 10 mins or so. ( We can go over but it affects if we get our bonus) But today I was at work and I had my supervisor we'll call him major prick man who is just trying to get promted by making my life a living hell man. I was on a 16 min or so call and I had this ladys problem almost fixed and I was doing fine I was teaching a new tech and everything who happened to be a decent looking girl. Well guess what uber putz does he comes over and asks whats up with the long call Seth and I'm like nothing I'm good. And he won't leave me alone so I'm typing in a notepad because I'm talking on the phone Nothing repeatedly. ok and he's like let me see your notes. This is while I'm trying to listen to a lady explain to me how her IE 5.5 can't browse, (oh and btw I know this is a run on sentence) and he keeps harping to me then he gets angry and is like LET ME SEE YOUR NOTES AND FINALLY I SHOW HIM MY NOTES.. Then I send a message to the operations manager to make him leave me alone, only he's sitting in the Op managers seat so he gets the message and he is like SEE ME NOW.. THen we argue about 10 mins and I'm like If I say I 'm good leave me alone and we won't have any problems. And he's like I'll do what I want when I want and I'm like leave me alone.. And hes like I'm the supervisor here and you'll listen to me. Finally i say just do WTF you want and leave me tF alone.. And he's like thats insubbordination.

So I send a message to the Operations Manager again trying to switch to a diffrent sup because this isn't the first things that has happened and now I'm getting a diciplinary action. What would you do ?

Seth
10-08-2003, 01:05 AM
I wouldn't lose my temper like that. There's some things you just have to Zen out. Now you have a discliplinairy thing going...was it worth it?

Jobs can be super frustrating, but sometime's it's just good to play a long and address the issue a bit more calmly.

It sucks taht you're in this position now, but the best you can do is suck it up and be courteous. Politely state what went on and it should sort out.

Good luck with your job.

Ace195
10-08-2003, 02:36 AM
Yeah I had a nice hour long talk with the Operations Manager about how wrong I was. Gah does anyone have my side ?

GameMaster
10-08-2003, 03:42 AM
I'm on your side.

I would suggest taking on fixed attitude that the system is always against you and just wants you to toil and work your whole wretched life. So then, you need to counter the system by developing a plan that would allow you to defeat it and escape it. Begin by dropping out of school and advocating your hate of teachers and homework. Then rally support for your hate against the government. Suggest communistic ideals to your peers, friends, and family members. Drop out of society as well and stop working. Join a commune with other enlightened thinkers and live off the land and nature. Then free yourself of materialistic possessions. You'll find that once you've completed all these tasks you'll have a new sense of happiness that you had never felt before. Ypu'll never want to return to your former way of life. You should spend the rest of your life spreading the word of free and happy ideals so that when you're an old man, several millions of people will have joined your way of life and you will be the founder of the revolution that will destroy the system forever and wipe out of existance on our planet.

ominub
10-08-2003, 04:26 AM
just go and kick his ass that will do it then go and find another job

Kitana85
10-08-2003, 08:05 AM

that could work? how much do you get an hour? Is is worth it compared to what you make in the "real world?"

But definitly complain to a "higher up," if this prick is preventing you from doing your job, there is defintily a problem... you could have reproted him for harrassment ages ago :p
Besides, good tech support guys are few and far between, if they got rid of you they'd totally be screwing themselves.

Happydude
10-08-2003, 09:03 AM
i would stay calm and just do what he wants....until my shift is up, then i would kick his ass after :p

Ace195
10-08-2003, 02:03 PM
that could work? how much do you get an hour? Is is worth it compared to what you make in the "real world?"

But definitly complain to a "higher up," if this prick is preventing you from doing your job, there is defintily a problem... you could have reproted him for harrassment ages ago :p
Besides, good tech support guys are few and far between, if they got rid of you they'd totally be screwing themselves.

Lol, yeah I agree there

I've been plotting to beat the hell out of him since I started working here but I'm a nice person and against violence at the workplace. That and my reason before this was somewhat of a stupid reason. That and I make $10 an hour to deal with morons and I'm good at my job :)

I'm on your side.

I would suggest taking on fixed attitude that the system is always against you and just wants you to toil and work your whole wretched life. So then, you need to counter the system by developing a plan that would allow you to defeat it and escape it. Begin by dropping out of school and advocating your hate of teachers and homework. Then rally support for your hate against the government. Suggest communistic ideals to your peers, friends, and family members. Drop out of society as well and stop working. Join a commune with other enlightened thinkers and live off the land and nature. Then free yourself of materialistic possessions. You'll find that once you've completed all these tasks you'll have a new sense of happiness that you had never felt before. Ypu'll never want to return to your former way of life. You should spend the rest of your life spreading the word of free and happy ideals so that when you're an old man, several millions of people will have joined your way of life and you will be the founder of the revolution that will destroy the system forever and wipe out of existance on our planet.

I have already failed in your plan miserably, 1. I've already graduated highschool I did that may of 03
2. I joined the army in a way to please my father who is never pleased and somewhat hates me in his own way even though anyone who knows him will never say that he does.
3. And I dropped out of society and stopped working.. Hmm.. I'm still thinking of something thats bad about that one. But one question if I find a wife in that mass of unsocial people would that count as being social ?
4. Hmm I like to spend money on things. I don't like to shop but I like to get new computer parts ect every now and again and if I were to stop working I would stop making $10 an hour.

i would stay calm and just do what he wants....until my shift is up, then i would kick his ass after

Hmm that would work too.. How bout you come to Omaha Nebraska and we switch places for about umm ever ?

Jonbo298
10-08-2003, 03:05 PM
Let me take your job.;) I'll put him in his place...hopefully.....:p

But I am thinking about applying there since they have a commercial going where they want tech's, and that kind of job would be more then fine for me.

And also, I agree with you ominub.:D

Ace195
10-08-2003, 03:39 PM
Jon you would get decimated, this guy thinks that he could fight me and win. and he's about twice my size

Jonbo298
10-08-2003, 03:41 PM
Jon you would get decimated, this guy thinks that he could fight me and win. and he's about twice my size

I'm about twice your size. What an even match it would be:D

Plus, I just need something to weaken the knees and its victory for me.:D

Kitana85
10-08-2003, 04:02 PM
Jeeze, how big are you guys?

DimHalo
10-08-2003, 04:10 PM

that's what i was wondering...

Jonbo298
10-08-2003, 04:12 PM

Not too terribly large. But I have some weight on me.

*edit*

Ok, maybe not twice the size of Ace, but add about 50 lbs. or so.

Ace195
10-08-2003, 04:12 PM
Me I'm 5'11" and I weigh 185

jeepnut
10-08-2003, 05:38 PM
Me I'm 5'11" and I weigh 185

Wow, I'm that same weight. However, I'm 6'5" tall.

Ace195
10-08-2003, 06:01 PM
Geeze make me feel fat why don't you you twig :P.. Well I'm physically active because I'm in the army. I run two miles in 14 mins and 55 pushups. But how did my crappy day at work go to calling me fat oh yeah just one right after the other thanks :P

jeepnut
10-08-2003, 06:10 PM
Geeze make me feel fat why don't you you twig :P.. Well I'm physically active because I'm in the army. I run two miles in 14 mins and 55 pushups. But how did my crappy day at work go to calling me fat oh yeah just one right after the other thanks :P

I guess I am a twig. However, you are probably healthier than me so don't feel bad. The most exercise I get is when I bike to class.

P.S. 1000th POST!!! It's about dang time. Only took me just over two years.

Blackmane
10-08-2003, 06:16 PM
I'm pretty good. 6'1'', 160 lbs. I don't exercise much anymore, but I should because I am starting to feel a gut coming on. Maybe I should take up jogging.

Jeepnut, I have had over 1000 posts for a long time, but I slowed down posting and now I only have like 400 more over almost 2 years.

Kitana85
10-08-2003, 08:53 PM
Wow, 5'2 and 120 lbs, of course, I'm a girl, but wow, you guys are big... definitly want yall on my side....

:banana:

Rndm_Perfection
10-08-2003, 09:29 PM
P.S. 1000th POST!!! It's about dang time. Only took me just over two years.

Wooooh, 1,000? That's amazing.

:sneaky:

Ace195
10-08-2003, 10:22 PM
Not to change the subject of my origional post or anything.

I've got another problem something like dyflons except mine is a tad more complicated. There is a girl I know and I liked her before I started dating the girl I've been with for 6 months. And now I know for a fact that she likes me even though she has a boyfriend. She's coming to town this weekend from college to visit just "ME" and that makes my heart flutter and what not. (not to sound too sappy) But my girlfriend wants me to drive to her college and visit her. I'm not really up for the drive one because I don't like driving 5 hours to some boone town in Iowa and two because this girl is coming. I know if I see this girl it will bring back pangs of memories of all the time I spent with her and I don't know what to do . I've told her before and she knows. But she won't do anything because she's one of my girlfriends swim team buddies. I'm lost at what to do. Go to UNI or stay and see Stephanie ? ? so what would you do ?

DimHalo
10-08-2003, 10:36 PM
Well, for one thing... I'm only 5'1" so you all have me beat.

Anyway, about the thing with seeing the girls. I think it would depend on how close you and your girlfriend are. Do you think it would really hurt her if she found out that you stayed at home to see a friend?

Ace195
10-08-2003, 10:38 PM
Probably.. While I was gone this summer at fort lee, va I told my friend stephanie that I wondered why her and I never hooked up. Somewhere along the grape vine my girlfriend heard that and now I'll never live it down.

DimHalo
10-08-2003, 11:00 PM
Probably.. While I was gone this summer at fort lee, va I told my friend stephanie that I wondered why her and I never hooked up. Somewhere along the grape vine my girlfriend heard that and now I'll never live it down.

Hmm, that is a difficult one... I would say that if she is jealous like that you need to either talk it out with her, or figure out what you really want... but I am no expert (I probably would react the same as your girlfriend)

jeepnut
10-08-2003, 11:47 PM
Wooooh, 1,000? That's amazing.

:sneaky:

Congrats man. Welcome to Sly foxhood! =-D