PDA

View Full Version : Haunted House

DimHalo
10-05-2003, 11:05 AM
So who has been to a haunted house or actually done one yourself? Any interesting experiences? Are they good or bad? Give your opinions.

GameMaster
10-05-2003, 01:42 PM
I love haunted houses, I always plan to make one but then I end up not doing so. When I make one, I want it to be real elaborate and cool. With fog machines, scary sound effects, etc.

Jonbo298
10-05-2003, 02:30 PM
Well, I chose Fun but only if a Haunted House is GOOD. I've been to horrible ones.

Happydude
10-05-2003, 02:33 PM
they're fun :)

Ginkasa
10-05-2003, 02:34 PM
I've been to the haunted house at Frontier City twice. It was fun.

*shrugs and walks away*

The Germanator
10-05-2003, 10:24 PM
They're pretty fun. My friend's neighbor has this inflatable castle that he puts up in his backyard for a haunted house... it's pretty sweet.

Yoda9864
10-06-2003, 01:16 AM
They're fun, if not only to laugh at ahow stupid they are, lol. They're scary if you're 5 years old.

Of course, last year, me and some friends went to this really old broken down house out in the country cuz we really wanted to get scared. And uh, we went inside and it was raelly dark and it was freaking scary. It made me think of the Blair Witch house, which made it even scarier to me. Then my shoes hit something on the floor, and we all turned our flashlights to it and it was a good-sized pile of bones. Couldn't tell if they were human or not (which they probably weren't) but we pretty much all pissed our pants and ran out of there.

So yeah, that's my halloween story from last year.

One Winged Angel
10-07-2003, 05:46 PM
Haunted Houses are funny. especially when they try too hard to scare people.

Ace195
10-07-2003, 05:54 PM
I love haunted houses espically when your with someone you like and they get scared :)

Kitana85
10-07-2003, 08:35 PM
I LOVE haunted houses... but they have to be well done. Stuff has to jump out of walls, shake, and have legitmate squeeky noises. I'm not a big fan of the dumb houses that just look a little scary, they have to be all out realistic!

Ace195
10-07-2003, 09:53 PM
I LOVE haunted houses... but they have to be well done. Stuff has to jump out of walls, shake, and have legitmate squeeky noises. I'm not a big fan of the dumb houses that just look a little scary, they have to be all out realistic!
You know whats even better than haunted houses haunted corn mazes because you never know where the next person is coming from :)

Dyne
10-08-2003, 01:37 AM
I've been to a couple of haunted houses. Maybe I've been to more, but I'm not sure, exactly. And then there's Universal Studios.

The first one was I was a little cubscout, and the group went to a newly built suburban area (newly built houses that weren't finished yet) and they had a Haunted House in one of the houses there. Apparently it was widely advertised, too. Anyways, we went in, went through.. it was a little gory when it came to the butcher shop, but the thing that scared me was a live actor. You don't expect them.

The second one was held by a local theater group at our Elk's Club. It was makeshift with sheets and all, but was cool. My friend (who I had talked tp during endless Math 10 classes about video games) turned out to be working for them, too, and was picked out of the bunch for "an experiment" by this evil mad scientist. Then near the end we saw him again and he had blood all over him in the hands of an evil surgeon and he was like "Get out! Get out before he gets you too!" I started laughing horribly and he joined in once everybody left.

The best one, by far, was not a Haunted House.. but more like a Haunted Tomb. It was at Universal Studios for the Mummy 2, and was the tomb of the Scorpion King. Anyways, this thing was like a half an hour walkthrough, very elaborate, with tons of places where they shot actual movie scenes. The scary part came when you had to walk down these long deserted halls, and it was dead quiet, as well as dead dark. As you walked through, they had a bunch of coffins on the sides, but you could barely see them. So, as you continued through, they started adding live actors dressed as FULL mummies, who worked there all day. These guys would come out of no where and reach for whoever was female and likely to scream. It was a blast; my mom got hit about 13 times. So it kept happening, and the costumes got better, and at the very end, there was this HUGE tomb of a Jackal which was at least two times the size of a door, and there was a guy in it, moving it. So, they picked my mom out, and keep in mind, it's dead dark, and the coffin, out of nowhere, leaps out at you with it's arms up. Totally unexpected, that was.. it even stifled a yell from me. By far, THE best Halloween exhibit, ever. And it wasn't even Halloween, it was summer.

Kitana85
10-08-2003, 07:53 AM
Wow, not that last one sounds totally awsome... the movie sucked but glad to hear the ride kicked a$$.

Dyne
10-08-2003, 11:34 AM
Wow, not that last one sounds totally awsome... the movie sucked but glad to hear the ride kicked a$$.

Lol, the best part was, we hadn't even seen the movie yet. I think that's what made it so good. :p

But Live Actors are really a nice touch. Especially of that calibur.

Jewels
10-13-2003, 09:13 PM
meh.... i think there o.k.... all the ones around my area suck ass.... probably because i have been to them all so many times over the years... but if there not haunted, why not just call them, halloween fun houses...?

Vampyr
10-13-2003, 09:22 PM
I love haunted houses espically when your with someone you like and they get scared

There is another reason for going to one?

Ace195
10-13-2003, 09:36 PM
Hmm.. good point.... >.< doh!

DimHalo
10-13-2003, 11:13 PM
meh.... i think there o.k.... all the ones around my area suck ass.... probably because i have been to them all so many times over the years... but if there not haunted, why not just call them, halloween fun houses...?

I like that idea. =-D

The Germanator
10-13-2003, 11:44 PM
I've heard some interesting rumors of a very scary haunted house in Philadelphia. Apparently it's 30 some stories high and "nobody has ever gotten to the top because they get too scared"...I question that last part, because how scary could it be? It's not like they can kill you or anything, I'll try to investigate further.