PDA

View Full Version : Haloween Poll

Ace195
09-30-2003, 10:41 AM
Quick Question How old is too old for halloween ?

mickydaniels
09-30-2003, 10:50 AM
I ain't even gonna say nuttin', cause you're missing an age group there.

Kitana85
09-30-2003, 10:51 AM
I wanted to go trick or treating... but then I found out a bunch of people are showing Rocky Horror on campus. I'll be there in my fishnets and boa.

Ace195
09-30-2003, 10:52 AM
What age group am I missing ? 14-18 ? I'm not sure.

[Edit]
Yeah the reason I ask is because my dad told me now that I'm in college I'm to old to go trick or treating and I'm like hell no I'm not I'm goin no matter what.

Kitana85
09-30-2003, 11:19 AM
you should totally go, like I said, I was gonna go, but I'd rather do Rocky Horror.

The Germanator
09-30-2003, 11:21 AM
Well, I never think that you are too old to enjoy Halloween in the sense that you can get in the mood by renting scary movies, telling scary stories, or going to a costume party or whatnot, but I think you should stop trick or treating at some point. I stopped in 6th grade because I felt 7th grade would be too old...I think anything beyond 9th grade or so is a bit silly, because the little kids deserve the candy more than some guy who can just buy the candy himself...You can get into the spirit buy giving out candy as you get older, but I think trick or treating past college years seems a bit immature.

Happydude
09-30-2003, 11:48 AM
im 18 and im goin...i chose 36+...IMO thats too old...

DimHalo
09-30-2003, 01:10 PM
I said that you're never too old for halloween because you can always do the costume and party thing. But i do think there is a certain point when you should stop trick or treating. That is probably 24-36 because at that point you should be doing things for kids like taking them out or giving them candy.

Ace195
09-30-2003, 02:01 PM
I said that you're never too old for halloween because you can always do the costume and party thing. But i do think there is a certain point when you should stop trick or treating. That is probably 24-36 because at that point you should be doing things for kids like taking them out or giving them candy.
Yeah I agree there. I'm only 19 and I'm thinking I really want to go around.. Maybe not door to door and ask for candy but to get dressed up and have lots of fun :)

Jonbo298
09-30-2003, 02:04 PM
Getting dressed up and going to Halloween partie's with friends or whatever is fine, but going trick or treating is lame now.

DeathsHand
09-30-2003, 02:06 PM
I agree with Germanator... You're never too old for Halloween, you're just too old for Trick or Treating... :sneaky:

Happydude
09-30-2003, 02:32 PM
well thats what i meant...i thought the question was about trick or treating :unsure:

Ace195
09-30-2003, 02:34 PM
lol it was origionally but I guess it's deeper than that because I never really thought about the other aspect until someone brought it up :)

Fink
09-30-2003, 03:41 PM
Trick or Treating's for the kids.
You're never too old for Halloween...! :devil:

~F~

Jewels
09-30-2003, 03:59 PM
your never too old for halloween, just for the trick or treating i think the cut off should be 7th or 9th grade, like the shorter kids in 9th grade that could still pass for a 7th grader, i mean go ahead even though you make be older, you still look young enough to get free candy :-P having costume parties, watching scary movies, and telling stories is pretty much all you can do now that your older, but hey its fun, at halloween parties you can get drunk, scare your friends, and have contests of who has the best costume.

GameMaster
09-30-2003, 05:47 PM
You're never to old.

Trick-or-treating bad boys 4 life. :cool:

Ace195
09-30-2003, 07:21 PM
You're never to old.

Trick-or-treating bad boys 4 life. :cool:
:rofl:

BreakABone
09-30-2003, 07:41 PM
I don't really think you are even too old.

I mean some folks stop in high school, and probably do it again in college for kicks. Then you do it with your kids to make sure they are safe.

I just want to watch a bunch of horror movies this year. I think we are having a Halloween (the series) or Jason marathong. Forgot which.

Jason1
09-30-2003, 07:48 PM
I havent been since 8th grade. Some of my friends still do it, but it just never felt right for me after that. Id say if your over 16 your too old.....your not a little kid anymore, get over it asswipe.

Crono
09-30-2003, 09:12 PM
Halloween is stupid, and a waste of both time and money. First of all, you go out to get a huge bag of candy that will probably only make you fat anyway. And second of all, I can't believe people actually waste money on costumes and candy to give out to kids. Who the hell cares? When I have my own house I'm going to sit on my front porch with a shotgun, and if any stupid trick or treating kids come to my house, they'll get what's coming to them.

... that last part was obviosuly a joke. But regardless, I think Halloween is a waste of time and money, I stopped when I was in Grade 5, and I will never do it again.

DarkMaster
09-30-2003, 09:17 PM
Apparently I have to give out candy at my house this year. Well if those kids want candy they'll have to come into my house and up to my room where I'll be playing FFXI (most likely while drunk too). And I'm not guaranteeing there'll be candy there for them, although I might shoot something at them, whether it be candy or a rock is up to the fates.

DeathsHand
09-30-2003, 09:28 PM
Halloween is stupid, and a waste of both time and money. First of all, you go out to get a huge bag of candy that will probably only make you fat anyway. And second of all, I can't believe people actually waste money on costumes and candy to give out to kids. Who the hell cares? When I have my own house I'm going to sit on my front porch with a shotgun, and if any stupid trick or treating kids come to my house, they'll get what's coming to them.

... that last part was obviosuly a joke. But regardless, I think Halloween is a waste of time and money, I stopped when I was in Grade 5, and I will never do it again.

a. It gives people a reason to dress up all silly and have a fun time... Some people like dressing up and fun times...

b. It gives people a reason to have get-together's or parties or whatever... Some people like parties...

c. Little kids get candy... little kids like candy... and so does pretty much everybody else in the world...

Sounds like you and darkmaster had an unfortunate run-in with a sex offender or something one halloween night...

Crono
09-30-2003, 09:30 PM
a. It gives people a reason to dress up all silly and have a fun time... Some people like dressing up and fun times...

b. It gives people a reason to have get-together's or parties or whatever... Some peopel like parties...

c. Little kids get candy... little kids like candy... and so does pretty much everybody else in the world...

Sounds like you and darkmaster had an unfortunate run-in with a sex offender or something one halloween night...

A. They won't be having a fun time once they step on my property.

B. Meh

C. I hate candy, and I'm not going to spend 50 dollars on it just to hand it out to a bucnh of snot nosed kids.

:burger:

DeathsHand
09-30-2003, 09:33 PM
A. They won't be having a fun time once they step on my property.

B. Meh

C. I hate candy, and I'm not going to spend 50 dollars on it just to hand it out to a bucnh of snot nosed kids.

:burger:

uh ooohhhhhhh looks like someone got a little visit from the grumpy fairyyyyy.... :)

DarkMaster
09-30-2003, 09:36 PM
What??! I love Halloween!! Woohoo, booze and FFXI!!!....which really isn't much different than most nights, but never the less, woohoo!

I don't find Halloween to be particularly special or interesting, seems like another one of those pointless holidays (ie. Valentine's Day, which btw, is absolute dogsh*t). And I don't even get the day off work, what the hell is up with that? I'm not coming home from working all day to go out running around the streets collecting candy (btw, candy sucks).

Ace195
09-30-2003, 10:10 PM

b. It gives people a reason to have get-together's or parties or whatever... Some people like parties...

Haha poor darkmaster.. Sex offender :rofl:

Happydude
09-30-2003, 10:29 PM

good one DsH...

anyhoo, i love candy, and i dont care if i get fat, cause i simply cant :unsure: i've been eating junk food everyday for like a year now and i havent gained more then 10 pounds...so yeah

and dressing up and goin round to ppl's houses is fun, esspecially when they dont have candy and you have eggs :D

Kitana85
10-01-2003, 08:33 AM
$50 dollars on candy?!?! W0w, we usually go to the doller store and spend $10.00.

and oh yeah, HOME MADE COSTUMES. Cheaper, and little kids don't know they're mising anything. If you have black clothes, just wear them and a mask, don't have to buyu the rest of a costume.

Though, the whole shooting people part does sound like fun :rambo:

rock on :cool:

mickydaniels
10-01-2003, 10:30 AM

... that last part was obviosuly a joke. But regardless, I think Halloween is a waste of time and money.

Add on Christmas, Easter, and Valentine's Day.

Most people only do it because they don't want to be seen as different.
Lemmings.

Dylflon
10-01-2003, 10:48 AM
Add on Christmas, Easter, and Valentine's Day.

Most people only do it because they don't want to be seen as different.
Lemmings.

No. Not to seem different. People do these things because they are enjoyable.

BreakABone
10-01-2003, 11:39 AM
We have some anti-holiday folks here.

You would figure getting dressed up and getting candy is a lot better than getting drunk and making an ass of yourself, but that's just me.

Like I said before, I think Halloween is a good thing (Valentine's Day is a chick's thing... no offense...) And I really don't think you are ever to old for it. Maybe trick or treating, I can't imagine anyone giving me candy on Halloween now. But maybe a nice big costume party or something.

BTW what is with the Canadian dislike of the holiday, do they give bad candy up there DM and Crono? :distress:

DarkMaster
10-01-2003, 12:22 PM
We have some anti-holiday folks here.

You would figure getting dressed up and getting candy is a lot better than getting drunk and making an ass of yourself, but that's just me.
That's a lie and you know it. You're never too old to get drunk and make an ass of yourself, but dressing up and getting candy is for kids. Seriously, if some 17 year old came to my door asking for candy, he'd get a boot in the ass right out the door.

Like I said before, I think Halloween is a good thing (Valentine's Day is a chick's thing... no offense...) And I really don't think you are ever to old for it. Maybe trick or treating, I can't imagine anyone giving me candy on Halloween now. But maybe a nice big costume party or something.
No, Valentine's Day is a Hallmark thing, and they aint getting one single god damn penny from my pocket. If I have a girlfriend on Valentine's Day, she can have the honor of making me a steak while I play video games.

BTW what is with the Canadian dislike of the holiday, do they give bad candy up there DM and Crono? :distress:
I wouldn't know cause I don't eat any of that sh*t.

DeathsHand
10-01-2003, 01:56 PM
That's a lie and you know it. You're never too old to get drunk and make an ass of yourself, but dressing up and getting candy is for kids. Seriously, if some 17 year old came to my door asking for candy, he'd get a boot in the ass right out the door.

While I don't like drinking, I'll admit that you're never too old to get drunk and make an ass out of yourself...

However, when the reason you look like an ass is because you're drinking alone in your room, that's a bit of a different story...

DarkMaster
10-01-2003, 03:00 PM
While I don't like drinking, I'll admit that you're never too old to get drunk and make an ass out of yourself...

However, when the reason you look like an ass is because you're drinking alone in your room, that's a bit of a different story...
How is it different? There's beer, there's video games, and there's my arrogant, jackass natured attitude. What else should I do? Tell my friends to come over and sit in my room so I'll look cool?

Oh, it's Halloween night, I should go out, get drunk, and party with my friends? How is that different than any other weekend night? I don't believe in Halloween, it's horsesh*t, and I choose not to celebrate it in any way.

Happydude
10-01-2003, 03:25 PM
i agree with DM bout Valentine's day, and the fact that drinkin and making an ass of yourself is pretty damn cool! :p

i also agree with mickey bout easter...but disagree about christmas, since i get like a week or 2 off school, im happy...and presents are involved sometimes. :unsure: my parents tend to be really cheap.

Perfect Stu
10-01-2003, 04:57 PM
on Halloween my friends and I usually just have a casual party. the guys start playing PS2, but end up watching lame scary movies due to what I like to call "chick influence". My buddies and I usually have a poker night every other week, but our game last Halloween was the ULTIMATE. We played for like 5 hours, I won about $22, and I ended up walking home a few miles in the middle of the night. It was insane.

So yeah....Halloween is for everyone. Trick-or-treating is for kids. Whenever like 16+ year olds come to my door, I tell them to screw off. They usually don't even wear a costume.

Seth
10-01-2003, 08:45 PM
I stopped trick or treating when I was 14. There's other stuff to do at that age. Leave the free candy to the tikes. I know a lot of parents that don't let their kids trick/treat after age 10. Meh, I break things on halloween go to friends' parties.

GiMpY-wAnNaBe
10-01-2003, 10:47 PM
i look foreward to this holloween but merely because i'm going to wreak havoc on my neighborhood :devil:....hee hee...egging houses, paintballing ppl.....paintballing houses...egging ppl...its all good :D

Seth
10-02-2003, 12:34 AM
wait a tic....if there's a whole board dedicated to halloween....then there better ****ing be one for christmas.

jeepnut
10-02-2003, 01:08 AM
i look foreward to this holloween but merely because i'm going to wreak havoc on my neighborhood :devil:....hee hee...egging houses, paintballing ppl.....paintballing houses...egging ppl...its all good :D

I saw some kids get arrested on the news once for paintballing people.

Perfect Stu
10-02-2003, 11:47 AM
I saw some kids get arrested on the news once for paintballing people.

yeah man...Gimpy, you paintball people? WTF, man...If I saw someone doing that I'd kick their ass.

Happydude
10-02-2003, 03:43 PM
hell, if someone did that to me i would ****in shoot them.

DimHalo
10-02-2003, 09:36 PM
yeah, paintballing people is not cool if they can't turn around and pop you one right in the shin...

jeepnut
10-02-2003, 09:41 PM
yeah, paintballing people is not cool if they can't turn around and pop you one right in the shin...

I have experienced getting popped on the shin. 5 months later, there is still a mark there.

DimHalo
10-02-2003, 09:42 PM
I have experienced getting popped on the shin. 5 months later, there is still a mark there.

Yeah, i know...that is why i picked that particular area. (And I know how much it hurts)

Happydude
10-02-2003, 10:30 PM
have experienced getting popped on the shin. 5 months later, there is still a mark there.

Yeah, i know...that is why i picked that particular area. (And I know how much it hurts)

jeepnut
10-03-2003, 12:20 AM

Oh you like that do you?

Seth
10-03-2003, 12:52 AM
I can't stand it when people go around with paintball guns and act like idiots.

It gives the sport a bad name. I saw on TV a bunch of guys in a truck unloading paint at people's heads. That pisses me off.

Happydude
10-03-2003, 02:02 PM
Oh you like that do you?
yes, yes i do :D

DimHalo
10-03-2003, 07:03 PM
Oh you like that do you?
yes, yes i do

oh, geez