PDA

View Full Version : Battle Royale 2 Chapter 2

Dylflon
09-26-2003, 11:05 PM
Chapter 2: Beach Landing

Half a dozen high-speed attack rafts rush towards the shore of the island that ABRA was said to use as their headquarters. It’s raining slightly and as the rafts move the little drops feel like darts as they hit Atomus’ face. He squints and begins to see the island through the morning fog. The people on Atomus’ raft are pretty nervous, freaked out. On a different raft, a boy named Tomateo can’t take the pressure anymore and throws up. No one around him seems to care.

They draw nearer and nearer to the island. The members of the forum prepare themselves. The group can now see the beach they’ll be landing on. Atomus hears a sharp whistling noise break through the air. He notices a small object move quickly towards the rafts: a rocket from a rocket launcher. The rocket hits the gas tank of one of the rafts dead on creating an explosion from the back tossing the forum members everywhere. The fire rises upwards turning into a black cloud of smoke. The explosion spares no one on the raft taking the lives of Opium, Zepplin, Cloud, Roland, Kendra and two Shubultz Cuts members named Hando and Edge.

Atomus, now in a panicked state, gets his weapon in hand. The rafts land on the beach and the forum members pile off. At the end of the beach is a big hill with some abandoned buildings at the top. They look like they had been bombed as the roofs are no longer there. Another rocket speeds towards the beach and hits the ground with a big explosion killing Vega, Ver2.0, Mecha, SetterJ and Pedro. The force from the explosion sends Dodger flying. Dodger is stunned and feels his body to make sure everything is intact. Once he realizes he’s okay, he picks up his gun and moves up the beach.

Atomus looks in horror as he sees one of his best friends, Vega, get blown away by the rocket shot from atop the hill. Many of the kids aim their weapons at the top of the hill and start blindly firing at the buildings. The people on the hill return the fire. Umega takes a bullet in the stomach. He feels where the bullet hit and remembers that he’s wearing body armor and he keeps running. As soon as he starts running he gets hit by another bullet in the leg causing him to go down hard. Yiddish sees his friend get hit and kneels down to help him. As soon as he does a loud crack fires through the air and Yiddish gets hit in the neck by a bullet.

“SNIPER!” Altak shouts out.

As soon as Yiddish hits the ground, a bullet pierces Umega’s helmet. WakkaZero, a member of the Shubultz Cuts, runs past the dead bodies of Umega and Yiddish and steps on a land mine blowing his legs clean off. He thumps down to the ground and can only stare at his friends’ legs as they run up the beach.

Altak, in the confusion, trips and falls. As he tries to get up, a sniper shot hits him. It breaks through the body armor and pierces his heart. QuickThunder fires wildly at the hill until he takes a sniper rifle round in the neck. Yolanda starts screaming and runs back to the rafts. Tomateo chases after her, grabs her by the arm and starts to drag her back up the beach.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

On the hill, a woman with a sniper rifle sets her cross hairs on a girl running back towards the rafts. A boy grabs her by the arm and tries to drag her back. She pulls away and the boy grabs at her shirt, ripping it over and revealing a metal collar around her neck. The woman’s jaw drops.

“DarkMaster! They’ve got collars! This is a Battle Royale group!”

DarkMaster looks stunned.

“Okay. Let’s go.”

He motions for everyone to go while the sniper woman grabs some her comrades and tells them they have to leave.

The whole group turns around and runs into the forest ahead of them.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

The kids running up the beach approach the buildings ready to take on anyone they find. They arrive there to find that the position has been abandoned.

Not knowing what to do, the kids move into the forest.

DarkMaster
09-26-2003, 11:14 PM
Really cool. Keep it up Dylflon.

Vampyr
09-27-2003, 12:22 AM
Good job, Dyflon, though I must say I liked the first two better.

This one covered so much so quickly. It would have been better with more detail. Still, its good, just not as good as your first two, which were near perfect.

GameMaster
09-27-2003, 12:51 AM
I like it. Good job.

How would you like to develop a piece of software with me that could help other young gamers write stories like yours?

We could make it Mac exclusive and call it iStory.

Just let me know.

Blackmane
09-27-2003, 04:13 AM
Good stuff. Very nice Normandy-esque battle feel.

Rndm_Perfection
09-27-2003, 09:42 AM
I like it. Good job.

How would you like to develop a piece of software with me that could help other young gamers write stories like yours?

We could make it Mac exclusive and call it iStory.

Just let me know.

Aaaaaaah.... aaaaah *runs around and panics*

The in...in... Aaah, what's the word... the inCONCEIVABILITY

Happydude
09-27-2003, 06:19 PM
eh...this one wasn't that great, simply becuase im gettin bored of reading all these BR stories and stuff...but the story itself was pretty good.