PDA

View Full Version : Saving pictures and the whatnot.

Seth
09-20-2003, 11:38 AM
Ok, I've reformatted my PC about 4 times in the last six months. This isn't necessarily a bad thing cuz I like to have my PC all refreshed and virus free.

So here's my problem. Everytime I reformat, about a couple weeks afterward when I want to save files...it will only let me save in .bmp

Right now I can still save .gif files but that's what it was like all the times before when I had this problem. If the same stuff happens then pretty soon I won't be able to save .gif anymore either.

It only gives me one option(.bmp) on any JPEG file. This is nuts. I'll attach an image to show you exactly what it shows me when i want to save something to my harddrive.

I don't know if it's a virus or what, but this has happened to me everytime. I don't have nortan anti virus..just some AVG virus detector...and it hasn't picked up anything.

It's a pain in the ass having to copy, paste, open paintshop, then save as jpeg everytime i want a pic off of the good ol internet. savvy?

Seth
09-22-2003, 08:06 PM
you all suck.

help me infidels.

Happydude
09-22-2003, 08:20 PM
lol...sorry, but all i could say is that happened to me before too, but i have n clue how i fixed it :unsure:

Hero2
09-22-2003, 09:19 PM
your screwed i know the internet (somewhat) I dont know alot of formats and how to fix the format settings on winxp all i can say is to stop formatting and just get an anti virus and a spyware removal tool.
try windows update

Jason1
09-22-2003, 09:44 PM
One time on my old computer, all my picture files all of a sudden turned into some garbage file type. Turned out to be a virus. Thats about all the info I could give you...I assume you've allready scanned for viruses...

DarkMaster
09-22-2003, 09:49 PM
Have you tried right clicking and converting format to a jpg?

Seth
09-23-2003, 09:14 PM
Have you tried right clicking and converting format to a jpg?Exactly how do I do that?

I right click, save image, and it only lets me do tha bmp. Don't know what you're talking about. But, any further help would be appreciated.

And the files are being turned into another format and stuff, it just doesn't let me save as a jpeg.

I scanned for virus's with AVG virus thingy...I should get norton.

This is retarded. My friend doesn't have a virus scanner on his PC and he's never had this problem. I'm contemplating burning it. Only fire will cleanse this satanic machine.