PDA

View Full Version : Notre Dame at the University of Michigan

Rndm_Perfection
09-13-2003, 09:08 PM
38 - 0, U of M GO BLUE

Supposedly, this was the first time that Michigan has shut out ND since 1902! Even then, they didn't do it by a hefty 38 points.

This bout really hit close to home for me. My local news station is located in the heart of South Bend ("Michiana") and they can't stop praising their team. Oh yes, I remember their super campaign about the Rise to Glory shirts. "Wake up the Echoes"... or whatever the hell their motto is.

Anywho, every time that Notre Dame wins (even against Washington State last week, 29-26 OT), they are the highlight of the night... first, middle, and last stories of the of the 30-minutes late night news.

Also, I'm quite the fan of UofM... I was even before I moved to Michigan (from California). Aaand, my family in California happens to be great fans of USC, which has a certain rivalry with the Fighting Irish.

Well, I watched the news to see if they'd even mention the game, make excuses, or what not... but they "didn't have time" to mention the game, seeing as how the governor of Indiana died.

Go Blue.

For More Info:
http://www.boston.com/dailynews/256/sports/No_5_Michigan_38_No_15_Notre_D%3A.shtml

Jason1
09-13-2003, 09:10 PM
Michigan sucks.

The Germanator
09-13-2003, 09:16 PM
Delaware is winning 31-14 in Division 1-AA football...woo, Delaware!

ZebraRampage
09-13-2003, 09:30 PM
38 - 0, U of M GO BLUE

Supposedly, this was the first time that Michigan has shut out ND since 1902! Even then, they didn't do it by a hefty 38 points.

This bout really hit close to home for me. My local news station is located in the heart of South Bend ("Michiana") and they can't stop praising their team. Oh yes, I remember their super campaign about the Rise to Glory shirts. "Wake up the Echoes"... or whatever the hell their motto is.

Anywho, every time that Notre Dame wins (even against Washington State last week, 29-26 OT), they are the highlight of the night... first, middle, and last stories of the of the 30-minutes late night news.

Also, I'm quite the fan of UofM... I was even before I moved to Michigan (from California). Aaand, my family in California happens to be great fans of USC, which has a certain rivalry with the Fighting Irish.

Well, I watched the news to see if they'd even mention the game, make excuses, or what not... but they "didn't have time" to mention the game, seeing as how the governor of Indiana died.

Go Blue.

For More Info:
http://www.boston.com/dailynews/256/sports/No_5_Michigan_38_No_15_Notre_D%3A.shtml

I've been a fan of Michigan too, though I don't watch much college football. They are my favorite college team though.

Bond
09-13-2003, 09:39 PM
Michigan... ugh...

Acebot44
09-13-2003, 10:55 PM
Michigan is my second favorite University, behind UCLA and in front of Notre Dame but I pay much more attention to basketball then football.

Jason1
09-13-2003, 10:58 PM
Go Illinois!

Rndm_Perfection
09-14-2003, 12:07 AM
lmao, not a signle on-topic post. Screw the sports board...

Perfect Stu
09-14-2003, 11:27 AM
If I had my choice of schools in 2 years, I'd be going to Michigan to be a Wolverine.

http://www.allposters.com/images/26/004_6305.jpg

GO BLUE

Stonecutter
09-14-2003, 05:16 PM
38 - 0, U of M GO BLUE

Go Blue.

For More Info:
As long as ND loses.

Well,

As long as ND, Colorado, FSU, Miami, Flordia, USC, UCLA, Iowa, Baylor and Nebraska lose.

Come to think of it there's a bunch of college teams I hate.

Go Northwestern!
Go Illini!
Go DePaul! (no football but meh)