PDA

View Full Version : post yer desktop

Pages : [1] 2

GiMpY-wAnNaBe
09-13-2003, 03:58 AM
yes i know its been made one to many times, but i couldn't find the older one, anyways, i've styled my windows XP matrix style, tell me if it looks alright

**edit** for some reason the pic won't load.....uhh...anybody care to help? because i browse for it on my comp, i press the button to add it, i press all done, and then post, and the pics not there....

Jonbo298
09-13-2003, 05:02 AM
This is more suitable in the computer forum;) Remember that.

Here's mine. It's a makeshift one until I can find another one since freddy vs jason has been out for a good while and I didn't want to keep using the f vs j wallpaper.:p

Good ol' 800x600 res. (blame the monitor for being so damn old, ugh)

Happydude
09-13-2003, 08:33 AM
lol...."operation" junbo? :hmm: :D

i havent had time to make another desktop, and i doubt i will anytime soon anyway :p but here's one i made a long time ago.
and the second one is my desky :)

Rndm_Perfection
09-13-2003, 10:04 AM
Very nice, Happydude! And Jonbo... that's quite a bit of shortcuts O_o.

I haven't gotten a new desktop in ages. The current one I have is a wallpaper that a "friend's friend" illustrated.

bobcat
09-13-2003, 12:29 PM
here's mine

GiMpY-wAnNaBe
09-13-2003, 12:40 PM
k, i got the pic in....

edit...if anyone wants the background pm me, i made it in photoshop from multiple posters of matrix:revolutions its made exactly for a 1152x864 resolution screen.

GameMaster
09-13-2003, 02:27 PM
bobcat, I like the Night Elf theme, very nice. :D

gimpy, your's is cool also. I like the digital rain background. http://www.gametavern.net/forums/images/icons/icon14.gif

GiMpY-wAnNaBe
09-13-2003, 02:29 PM
ahh, gamemaster, still beating the dead horse of the mac i see, :D j/k... i always liked the clean mac interface look

Jonbo298
09-13-2003, 03:44 PM
lol...."operation" junbo? :hmm: :D

Operation, Monopoly, Scrabble, Max Strikes Back, and Unmask the Prankster are my little half brother's games. Although a little Monopoly and Scrabble here and there never hurt:D

Very nice, Happydude! And Jonbo... that's quite a bit of shortcuts O_o.

If I had a monitor that could go up to 1024x768, it wouldn't look so bad, but until I can get ahold of my dad to bring down an extra he has, I'm still stuck with this p.o.s. Plus, I need icons on the desktop, I use most of those programs regularly:D (To me just easier then going through the start menu)

ZebraRampage
09-13-2003, 09:15 PM
Well here is my desktop, I didn't really have a background so I put one that's.....scary, and I don't have many programs on my computer, because I just got windows reinstalled and haven't put anything back on.

Vampyr
09-13-2003, 09:30 PM
Here are mine. The first one is my current one. The second one is one that I use.

Null
09-13-2003, 09:45 PM
wow, might it be time for some of you to raise the resolution a bit? ;)

Rndm_Perfection
09-13-2003, 10:11 PM
Oh, I know... 800x600 is so 2 years ago ¦¬Þ

Null
09-13-2003, 10:13 PM
800x600 was so never. tis always been a horrible resolution :P

Bond
09-13-2003, 10:23 PM
This is from my Dad's computer. I think his new monitor can go up to 1600x1200.

bobcat
09-13-2003, 10:49 PM
bobcat, I like the Night Elf theme, very nice. :D

gimpy, your's is cool also. I like the digital rain background. http://www.gametavern.net/forums/images/icons/icon14.gif

Yer but Mac OSX looks soooooooooo much better than XP.

Jason1
09-13-2003, 11:02 PM
Mine is a neat night picture of the Millennium Force rollercoaster at Cedar Point.

BlueFire
09-13-2003, 11:49 PM
I've had this one for about two months now. Yup..

DeathsHand
09-14-2003, 12:03 AM
Mines... Yu~ki... bass player from Malice Mizer... I loves me some J-rock bass... And what is so bad about 800x600 resolution? To me it's not too big, not too small... juuuuuust right...

Rndm_Perfection
09-14-2003, 12:09 AM
Mines... Yu~ki... bass player from Malice Mizer... I loves me some J-rock bass... And what is so bad about 800x600 resolution? To me it's not too big, not too small... juuuuuust right...

Once you go a couple steps higher, it's hard to go back... everything looks too big O_o.

Null
09-14-2003, 12:31 AM
its not really a matter of how big they look. (even tho every icon looks like a giant elephant on 800x600)
Its more about the wasted screen space. 10 icons take up half your screen. you cant fit as many windows. and dont even get me started on webpages. OMG, you fit like a fraction of the page on the screen at a time... read a sentance scroll. read a sentance scroll.

i cant imagine these forums on that resolution. one word takes up a full page.

Not to mention the higher res you go the more sharp and nice everything looks.

*switches to 800x600 just to take a look*

WTF, screens all white. nothings showing on it.... Oh!! damn, that was just my mouse curser takin up the whole screen. ;) :P

DeathsHand
09-14-2003, 12:55 AM
I don't like higher resolutions... stuff is too small...
I don't need billions of icons on my desktop...
Fitting more stuff in the browser at once doesn't make me look through it faster... And I have a nifty scroll thing in a convenient place on my keyboard anyways...

~fin~

Vampyr
09-14-2003, 01:34 AM
its not really a matter of how big they look. (even tho every icon looks like a giant elephant on 800x600)
Its more about the wasted screen space. 10 icons take up half your screen. you cant fit as many windows. and dont even get me started on webpages. OMG, you fit like a fraction of the page on the screen at a time... read a sentance scroll. read a sentance scroll.

i cant imagine these forums on that resolution. one word takes up a full page.

Not to mention the higher res you go the more sharp and nice everything looks.

*switches to 800x600 just to take a look*

WTF, screens all white. nothings showing on it.... Oh!! damn, that was just my mouse curser takin up the whole screen.

I never even paid attention to the resolution setting. but you are correct, my friend! This is so much better!

Null
09-14-2003, 01:36 AM
I don't like higher resolutions... stuff is too small...
I don't need billions of icons on my desktop...
Fitting more stuff in the browser at once doesn't make me look through it faster... And I have a nifty scroll thing in a convenient place on my keyboard anyways...

~fin~

actually icons suck on desk top. was just using it as an example from all thoes pictures.

i have 3 icons total on my desktop background. rest are in tool bars neatly on the side of the screen.

and i hear the 'stuff is too small' argument many many times. (mostly by old people and ppl that are newer to computers,) everyone of them would shoot themselves to go back to it after getting used to a higher one, (except for the older ones, they're too old to learn anything new)
its all good. ;)

And see, vamp has just evolved. there will be no going back for him, and soon he will get annoyed whenever he has to use a computer with a low resolution. :p

Dyne
09-14-2003, 01:46 AM

I didn't know you liked Malice Mizer, too. +rep to good taste, not that you need it, though. ;)

Here's mine.. and nice Mac setup, GM. :)

DeathsHand
09-14-2003, 01:59 AM
and i hear the 'stuff is too small' argument many many times. (mostly by old people and ppl that are newer to computers,) everyone of them would shoot themselves to go back to it after getting used to a higher one, (except for the older ones, they're too old to learn anything new)
its all good. ;)

I used to have it on the lowest resolution back when I was first using a computer... like 640xsomething... then I tried out different resolutions, and settled on 800x400... Bitch...

:sneaky:

And yes, Dyne, Malice Mizer rules... As does Dir en grey... You like them? (^____^

Dyne
09-14-2003, 03:58 AM
And yes, Dyne, Malice Mizer rules... As does Dir en grey... You like them? (^____^

Yeah! I love them.

J-rock is the best. Perfect for every occassion.:guitar:

Null
09-14-2003, 10:40 AM
I used to have it on the lowest resolution back when I was first using a computer... like 640xsomething... then I tried out different resolutions, and settled on 800x400... Bitch...

:sneaky:

hehe, 800x600 has always been default. so you'd of had to lower it to get it lower before. and not many computers will even go that low for normal use. only way i've seen it get that low is to hook a TV up for a monitor.

but its ok. im not saying your new at computers. it might just be that your really old :D *

* ;) you know im just playin with ya man.

ZebraRampage
09-14-2003, 03:17 PM
hehe, 800x600 has always been default. so you'd of had to lower it to get it lower before. and not many computers will even go that low for normal use. only way i've seen it get that low is to hook a TV up for a monitor.

but its ok. im not saying your new at computers. it might just be that your really old :D *

* ;) you know im just playin with ya man.

I just made the resolution on my computer better..and I agree with you. It really does look better.

dwelzy
09-14-2003, 08:47 PM
heres mine , and i always had 800x600 , always was kool so never changed it, u know the old "if it aint broke " thing :rolleyes: .....

edit: wasnt workin but hopefully it iz now

Mushlafa
09-14-2003, 09:14 PM
I have it at 1024x768 i beleive.. i would go higher but my moniter is about 4 feet from where i sit, and its not that i wouldnt be able to read the writing it would just be a bit of an annoyance. If my moniter was closer to me id definately put my resolution to the next one up tho. I doubt some of my friends would even let me do that tho cuz most of them dont have as good vision as me and switch it to 800x600 when they come over anyway :unsure:

uhm.. im lazy to make a pic of my desktop.. its ugly tho.. the default windows xp theme

GameMaster
09-14-2003, 09:17 PM
You can use the image of my desktop and set it as your background if you want. I did that for my account on our PC and it looks pretty good.

Rndm_Perfection
09-14-2003, 09:40 PM
You can use the image of my desktop and set it as your background if you want. I did that for my account on our PC and it looks pretty good.
*merely shakes his head*

Stonecutter
09-14-2003, 09:40 PM
Pretty simple but it works for now.

God I am so sick of this computer, next month cannot come soon enough.

Rndm_Perfection
09-14-2003, 09:42 PM
Pretty simple but it works for now.

God I am so sick of this computer, next month cannot come soon enough.

Hmmm, I like what you did for your background... which inspires me.

Hero2
09-14-2003, 09:50 PM
i have a crappy blue desktop. we just reformated my computer and i havent had anytime to find a better desktop. i did have a yellow background with a black dot in the middle that i made in paint. but that was only because my sis had put one of those monitor coves that goes on the outside of the screen and it was a smilie face so it fit. but i need a better background and a new screen saver because everything is default man it sucks.

Rndm_Perfection
09-14-2003, 10:39 PM
My very high contrast, very temporary desktop.

GameMaster
09-14-2003, 11:33 PM

*sees the font used for the shortcuts*

*merely shakes his head* :shakehead

Rndm_Perfection
09-14-2003, 11:42 PM
*sees the font used for the shortcuts*

*merely shakes his head* :shakehead

It's called "Book Antiqua (MAC)"

GameMaster
09-14-2003, 11:44 PM
It's called "Book Antiqua (MAC)"

Leave Mac fonts on Macs.

Rndm_Perfection
09-14-2003, 11:49 PM
Leave Mac fonts on Macs.

Heh, now aren't you the one who screenshot your MAC desktop and put it onto your PC?

GameMaster
09-15-2003, 01:49 AM
Heh, now aren't you the one who screenshot your MAC desktop and put it onto your PC?

"When I get John, I'll give him two black eyes," Corey shouted as he slammed his right fist into his left hand.

"Why? What happened?" Dad asked.

"John hit me in the eye with his elbow," Corey said, pointing to a small bruise under his right eye.

"I'm sorry you got hit," said Dad. "John probably didn't mean to hit you with his elbow though."

"It still hurts," answered Corey with a pout.

"It probably does," said Dad. "So now you want to give John two black eyes? If you did that, what do you think John would want to do?"

"Probably hurt me worse," answered Corey.

"And so it could keep on going. Each time somebody would hurt the other one worse than before. Do you think it would be a good idea to let that go on for a month?"

"No, I guess not," said Corey.

"How can you stop it from going on?" Dad asked.

"Well, I guess I just won't hit him at all," Corey said.

That was a much better plan than Corey's first answer to the situation.

The Bible says, "Do not say, 'I'll do to him as he has done to me.' " Jesus prayed even for those who nailed him to the cross. He said, "Father, forgive them." Jesus forgives everybody's sins.

Christians may defend themselves, but God's Word says, "Don't say, 'I'll do to him as he has done to me."

Jesus showed us something better than getting even. He told us to turn the other cheek.

So, what do you say Random, can we end this personal battle of ours? Let's be special friends instead. Deal?

Jonbo298
09-15-2003, 06:50 AM

Great song your listening to at that time Rndm. +rep:D

Rndm_Perfection
09-15-2003, 09:03 AM
That ... story was pretty funny, GameMaster. But, it was just another way to cover your side of the "conflict" ¦¬Þ

Oh well, I'll convert just for you.

And Jonbo, glad you like the song... maybe I'll post more desktop images then :sneaky:

Jonbo298
09-15-2003, 10:09 AM
That ... story was pretty funny, GameMaster. But, it was just another way to cover your side of the "conflict" ¦¬Þ

Oh well, I'll convert just for you.

And Jonbo, glad you like the song... maybe I'll post more desktop images then :sneaky:

I'm a giving person. If I like what I see, +rep for the person.:D

ominub
09-15-2003, 06:26 PM
i cant figer out how attachments work so i give up

ZebraRampage
09-15-2003, 06:33 PM
i cant figer out how attachments work so i give up

I didn't either, but if you look at the bottom of the page when you are posting something it says Attach Files: and you have to hit the thing that says Manage Attachments. It's right before the Submit Reply button.

GameMaster
09-15-2003, 08:46 PM
I didn't either, but if you look at the bottom of the page when you are posting something it says Attach Files: and you have to hit the thing that says Manage Attachments. It's right before the Submit Reply button.

Click manage attachments below where you type your post (can't be done in quick post, can only be done in a traditional post). Then choose a file from your computer to upload, then click "add this file" and wait for it to appear to the list and then when it does click "all done".

Seth
09-16-2003, 12:24 AM
meh, it'll change soon. Just a style that I like.

dwelzy
09-16-2003, 01:20 AM
i cant figer out how attachments work so i give up i couldnt get mine to work at first either lol, i think it works now tho

Blade Runner
09-18-2003, 01:49 AM
Wonder if null will approve of my desktop...

EDIT: Grr, it didn't attach again. I thought it did..maybe it said it was too big. Hm..here it is...

DOUBLE EDIT: Grr, its too big for me to upload on the site :( I'll shrink it tomorrow, for now i'm goin off to cry.

Vampyr
09-18-2003, 07:00 AM
Grr, its too big for me to upload on the site :( I'll shrink it tomorrow, for now i'm goin off to cry.

Make sure to save it as a .jpg or .jpeg. They are much smaller than a .bmp.

To do this, when you save it, click the drop down arrow next to the box that displays what kind of file it is, then choose .jpg.

GameMaster
09-18-2003, 07:38 PM
You should never use bit map format.

It's very old and out of date.

Jpeg is much, much better.

The quality of the picture is better and the size of the file is compressed much better in jpeg format.

Blade Runner
09-18-2003, 07:38 PM
I was saving it with too much quality and it was makin the file 2x the size limit :-/ Anyways, here it is null :p (thats trill 2.0 btw)...

Null
09-18-2003, 09:53 PM
tril 2 out or is that a leaked beta?

Blade Runner
09-18-2003, 09:58 PM
tril 2 out or is that a leaked beta?

Its out, came out the 11th i think. http://www.trillian.cc

BTW, I just updated the pic so u can see my awesome winamp2.9 skin, those are hard to come by...at least for me. THe only reason i stayed with 3 so long.

So, do you approve of my desk :P ?

GameMaster
09-18-2003, 10:06 PM
BTW, I just updated the pic so u can see my awesome winamp2.9 skin, those are hard to come by...at least for me. THe only reason i stayed with 3 so long.

Indeed, your Winamp skin is cool, but it'll never measure up to the real Mac OS X and iTunes. ;)

If you like that skin a lot, perhaps you should consider buying a Mac simply for the desired look and nothing more. Although, you wouldn't be able to resist the rest of what OS X offers for even a second. :D

Resistance is futile. Think different. :vader:

Null
09-18-2003, 11:09 PM
Indeed, your Winamp skin is cool, but it'll never measure up to the real Mac OS X and iTunes. ;)

maybe not in looks. :P But i've used almost every media player i know of, and Winamp is still my favorite, so many options yet such a clean simple setup. plays so many formats too.

And ya, looks cool blade

Perfect Stu
09-19-2003, 03:54 PM
:dance:

Blade Runner
09-19-2003, 04:14 PM
heh, thx null.

PS, y u got a shortcut to ur computer and not the real thing O_o

Null
09-19-2003, 04:18 PM
heh, thx null.

me? i dont, i never posted my screen :p (less you meant someone else)

ZebraRampage
09-19-2003, 04:30 PM
me? i dont, i never posted my screen :p (less you meant someone else)

I think when he said PS, he meant PerfectStu.

Null
09-19-2003, 04:45 PM
I think when he said PS, he meant PerfectStu.

oh. well that makes sence, but makes it sound like its a PS at the end of a letter. lol

Perfect Stu
09-19-2003, 07:56 PM

uh...I don't understand what you mean. come again?

Null
09-19-2003, 07:58 PM
lol. He's saying thats not the real 'my computer' icon on your desktop.

its a link to the 'my computer' desk top.

so in one way of thinking of it. you have a link, to a link, on your desktop.

(the little box with the arrow on it in the bottom left on icons means its a link and not the real thing)

Perfect Stu
09-19-2003, 08:23 PM
lol. He's saying thats not the real 'my computer' icon on your desktop.

its a link to the 'my computer' desk top.

so in one way of thinking of it. you have a link, to a link, on your desktop.

(the little box with the arrow on it in the bottom left on icons means its a link and not the real thing)

nah, it's not a link to a link. it takes me to 'My Computer' I just copied the link at some point...can't remember when

Null
09-19-2003, 08:55 PM
well in theory, the real 'my computer' icon is a link to open up explorer and goto that place to start off with., a link in the sence of the word. not a link link. :hmm:

so yours would be a link.....to that link. lol i didnt say it takes you anywhere else. :p

Perfect Stu
09-19-2003, 10:03 PM
well in theory, the real 'my computer' icon is a link to open up explorer and goto that place to start off with., a link in the sence of the word. not a link link. :hmm:

so yours would be a link.....to that link. lol i didnt say it takes you anywhere else. :p

Explorer is a link? Because when I click on that link on my computer, I get a list of my drives/folders.

I don't see how that's a double link...but whatever...this is starting to sound like a discussion about Zelda games :p

Null
09-19-2003, 10:17 PM
lol. if you understand how it works. you can see how it is a link. Explorer is IE, and the windows explorer, same thing really explores your computer.
The one that lists folders and programs and such. the 'my computer' icon is basically a link to that explore feature that tells it to goto the drive list area.

bah, nevermind. :p

MasterMind
09-19-2003, 11:03 PM
Here's mine. =-D

Blade Runner
09-19-2003, 11:59 PM
lol, sry, didn't mean to cause all the controversy :p

Vampyr
09-24-2003, 09:58 PM
lol, sry, didn't mean to cause all the controversy

Well, you did. I didnt even know it was possible to use the word "link" so many times in one post. =-D

GiMpY-wAnNaBe
09-27-2003, 04:37 AM
Well, you did. I didnt even know it was possible to use the word "link" so many times in one post. =-D
the words!!! THE WORDS!!!!

p.s. to mastermind, nice background ;)

Rndm_Perfection
09-27-2003, 09:47 AM
the words!!! THE WORDS!!!!

Originally Stated by KMFDM
The rules... The rules do not apply!

KMFDM, doin' it again.

Cyrax9
10-02-2003, 03:23 AM
My latest, to comemorate having a mac.. a Mac Desktop.

GameMaster
10-02-2003, 06:13 PM
Lol, Cyrax, I think you need to toss some things out of your dock, unless you use it all, you don't have to have everything in it.

Anyway, congratulations, and nice desktop. :D :)

ominub
10-04-2003, 11:03 PM
here is my desktop now that i figured out how to manage attachments

Vampyr
10-22-2003, 05:54 PM
I like it, ominub.

I got a new one, and I have fallen in love with it. I can see myself using it for a long time.

Tell me what you guys think.

I got it from DeviantART (http://www.deviantart.com) A awesome website. Go there.

[Edit] Didnt work the first time...

GiMpY-wAnNaBe
10-22-2003, 06:10 PM
heres my modified one (sorry aboot the mac comment, i made, not sure what i was thinkin)

Null
10-22-2003, 06:24 PM
you can tell how much i want a mac :D

um. but uh. that doesnt really resemble a mac..... at all. :hmm:

Vampyr
10-22-2003, 06:33 PM
um. but uh. that doesnt really resemble a mac..... at all.

I was thinking the same thing.

Oh, and look, Null, I turned up my resolution. =-D

I evolved... I cant stand using the computers at school that are set to 800x600 now... It drives me crazy. I move the mouse and its like "damn, overshot the icon" move it again... "damn, over shot again". The cursor is so freaking HUGE on 800x600, and the screen so small, that you move the mouse a few centimeters, and your across the screen. I hate it, and everything looks blocky on 800x600.

I could turn it up more, but then it hurts my eyes.

I tried explaining to my dad the coolness of having our monitor turned up, but everytime he uses the PC he turns it back down. He says that he bought a bigger monitor so that things would be bigger...He doest realize that on a 800x600, then its the same as the old one, because it was on 800x600. I told him the only benefit of having a big monitor is so that you can turn up the resolution and fit more things on the screen. He just doesnt understand... :distress:

Null
10-22-2003, 06:47 PM
yea.... its hard making some people see things that are better :( some dont like change.

GameMaster
10-22-2003, 07:02 PM
Well Gimp, at least you have an iTunes icon and something that kind of looks like a dock. :)

The top eMac is only $1,100

Seven7
10-22-2003, 10:29 PM
This is my Wallpaper

a little red though....

GameMaster
10-22-2003, 11:08 PM
This is my Wallpaper

a little red though....

Way to be dedicated to your browser. :D

GiMpY-wAnNaBe
10-22-2003, 11:26 PM
Well Gimp, at least you have an iTunes icon and something that kind of looks like a dock. :)

The top eMac is only $1,100
thank you, and ooh, i'll look into that...when i have the cash ;)

This is my Wallpaper

a little red though....

nice :)

Happydude
10-22-2003, 11:59 PM
don't feel like changing my desktop yet, but i made myself a logon screen...

still gotta fix it up abit...like the buttons and stuff...

it matches my desktop quite well though if you ask me :)

Hero2
10-23-2003, 12:01 AM
that is the greatest logon ever starcraft rules

Jonbo298
10-23-2003, 12:30 AM
Good progress so far. I can tell you still got some work to do.

Happydude
10-23-2003, 12:45 AM
i know i do..i said it myself lol

thatmariolover
10-23-2003, 10:25 AM
Well, I try to make my gaming box look as much like a Mac as possible. You can get the Windows dock here: http://download.com.com/3000-2341-10222344.html

You can also set it up so the dock autohides (like on the Mac), or set it to the right side of your screen so it doesn't hide your taskbar.

Yoda9864
10-23-2003, 06:08 PM
Here is my latest desktop pic. I like this background. Strange yet very nice.

PureEvil
10-27-2003, 12:59 AM
Blue is so sexy...

GiMpY-wAnNaBe
10-27-2003, 04:51 PM
Blue is so sexy...
sonic!!!!

sdtPikachu
10-31-2003, 06:59 AM
Ho hum, Messy desktop, due for a reinstall soon anyway.

Cyrax9
11-02-2003, 07:26 AM
Here's mine for November 2003:

Null
11-02-2003, 11:16 AM
*shudders*

ok cyrax, i'd have a non stop hatred for MS too if i had that desktop.

:p

mine (windows)...... (i'll try and post my linux up later)

GiMpY-wAnNaBe
11-02-2003, 01:24 PM
*shudders*

ok, i'd have a non stop hatred for MS too if i had that desktop.

:p

mine windows...... (i'll try and post my linux up later)
that desktops lookin great

Vampyr
11-02-2003, 02:32 PM
mine windows...... (i'll try and post my linux up later)

Nice.

But I dont see what it is with you people and docking your icons on the side of the screen. I personally think its ugly. What is the purpose of doing that?

Null
11-02-2003, 02:36 PM
Nice.

But I dont see what it is with you people and docking your icons on the side of the screen. I personally think its ugly. What is the purpose of doing that?

I've always done that. Its because...

1. it keeps them all out of the way and in order.
2. i have so many that there are actually drop boxes on that side bar and list a whole bunch more in each catagory... kinda like the start menu.
3. that bar is always ontop. like the task bar. so programs dont cover it up. and when i have programs open. i can get to any of thoes programs to open them easily and quickly without minimizing anything on my desktop.

and 4... When you have as high of resolution as i use... that bar takes up like nothing on the scren

Vampyr
11-02-2003, 02:57 PM
I've always done that. Its because...

1. it keeps them all out of the way and in order.
2. i have so many that there are actually drop boxes on that side bar and list a whole bunch more in each catagory... kinda like the start menu.
3. that bar is always ontop. like the task bar. so programs dont cover it up. and when i have programs open. i can get to any of thoes programs to open them easily and quickly without minimizing anything on my desktop.

and 4... When you have as high of resolution as i use... that bar takes up like nothing on the scren

Ah. I see.

GameMaster
11-02-2003, 03:22 PM
Nice.

The docking is neat and tidy.

I can't see how people can stand just having a bunch of shortcuts littering their entire desktop. THAT is ugly.

Vampyr
11-02-2003, 06:21 PM
I can't see how people can stand just having a bunch of shortcuts littering their entire desktop. THAT is ugly.

Oh no, young grasshopper.

It is only ugly when their is not creative organization applied. My desktop has plenty of short cuts, 20 to be exact, but they are organized in a artful way that I find much prettier than a dock.

Happydude
11-02-2003, 06:25 PM
yeh...or like my desktop :p

docks aren't comfortable IMO...

Jason1
11-02-2003, 07:04 PM
Here's my new one, I think its a purty shot...

Rndm_Perfection
11-02-2003, 08:30 PM
mmm... fun ride, Jason.

Jason1
11-02-2003, 09:40 PM
mmm... fun ride, Jason.

I assume youve been on it?

Vampyr
11-02-2003, 10:10 PM
I assume youve been on it?

I have. I went there a couple years ago back in the 8th grade. Great ride.

GiMpY-wAnNaBe
11-02-2003, 10:26 PM
Nice.

i dock mine because i like to have only whats necessary on the screen...especially with my matrix layout, less is more :)

Yoda9864
11-03-2003, 11:18 AM
Oh no, young grasshopper.

It is only ugly when their is not creative organization applied. My desktop has plenty of short cuts, 20 to be exact, but they are organized in a artful way that I find much prettier than a dock.
I find that if I have too many shortcuts on my desktop, it's sometimes hard to find hte program you want to run, thus defeating the purpose of the "shortcut". That's why I limit myself to:

My Computer
My Network Places
Internet Explorer
My Documents
Hotmail link
a folder with all my programs in it
a folder with all my games in it
Recycle bin
and a shortcut to my dial-up

GameMaster
11-09-2003, 07:13 PM
Here's my new one.

GiMpY-wAnNaBe
11-09-2003, 08:05 PM
Here's my new one.
niiiiiice very nice and really tidy as well

Vampyr
11-09-2003, 08:36 PM
Here's my new one.

That is very nice indeed.

I have a new desktop background now, and a slightly different organization applied to my icons. I will be watching the last two episodes of "Buffy: The Vampire Slayer" ever created tomorrow. Its the series finale. When Buffy ends, so does a certain part of my life. Thus ends a great and glrorious saga. And I honor it:

GiMpY-wAnNaBe
11-09-2003, 08:48 PM
That is very nice indeed.

I have a new desktop background now, and a slightly different organization applied to my icons. I will be watching the last two episodes of "Buffy: The Vampire Slayer" ever created tomorrow. Its the series finale. When Buffy ends, so does a certain part of my life. Thus ends a great and glrorious saga. And I honor it:
lol...just a question, is that alyson hannigan in u'r avatar as well?

*also: desktop pic of her looks great

Vampyr
11-09-2003, 10:38 PM
lol...just a question, is that alyson hannigan in u'r avatar as well?

*also: desktop pic of her looks great

Yes, indeed it is. =-D

And remember my original avatar? The one with the redhead wearing the black bra? That too is Alyson Hannigan.

And thank you for the compliment of my desktop.

Blade Runner
11-16-2003, 12:03 AM
Here is my new one, I've been having fun with photoshop. And the calc program is a calculus helper thing my dad bought me cause I'm not doin all that well in my ap calculus class :(

Vampyr
11-16-2003, 12:42 AM
Here is my new one, I've been having fun with photoshop. And the calc program is a calculus helper thing my dad bought me cause I'm not doin all that well in my ap calculus class

Cool desktop, but what is thing on the right side of the screen? and what does it do? Ive seen a few other people with it, and I'd just like to know what it is.

PureEvil
11-16-2003, 01:09 AM
Cool desktop, but what is thing on the right side of the screen? and what does it do? Ive seen a few other people with it, and I'd just like to know what it is.

That thing on the right side of Blade Runner's screen is "Trillian." It's an instant-messaging program that's compatible with all the other (or damn near) instant-messaging programs, so like instead of having AIM, ICQ, MSN, ect, you just use Trillian and it sort of replaces all of them in one program.

You might not get some of the little extra perks that the individual programs have, but that way you don't need to load 5 different things to talk to people over the internet. Much more orderly and convenient.

And here's my new blue desktop:

Dyne
11-16-2003, 01:14 AM
Here is my new one, I've been having fun with photoshop. And the calc program is a calculus helper thing my dad bought me cause I'm not doin all that well in my ap calculus class :(

I like that trillian skin. I used it for quite a while.

Vampyr
11-16-2003, 01:18 AM
That thing on the right side of Blade Runner's screen is "Trillian." It's an instant-messaging program that's compatible with all the other (or damn near) instant-messaging programs, so like instead of having AIM, ICQ, MSN, ect, you just use Trillian and it sort of replaces all of them in one program.

You might not get some of the little extra perks that the individual programs have, but that way you don't need to load 5 different things to talk to people over the internet. Much more orderly and convenient.

And here's my new blue desktop:

Cool. Thanks for the info. I may consider downloading it. Ooh, and that desktop is just hot.

Blade Runner
11-16-2003, 01:50 AM
I like that trillian skin. I used it for quite a while.

Its ok i guess. I dont' care for the lack of smilies or weird sounds but it matches my winamp skin so i'm goin with it :P

http://www.trillian.cc for more info on trillian....

PureEvil
11-16-2003, 02:13 AM
Ooh, and that desktop is just hot.

Here is a hot desktop:

Dyne
11-16-2003, 04:23 AM
Here is a hot desktop:

RIGHTCLICK>SAVEIMAGEAS

Nice... very nice. O_O

Jonbo298
11-16-2003, 04:37 AM
Here is a hot desktop:

:drool: Yes, that is a hot desktop:D

Vampyr
11-20-2003, 11:09 AM
My new one:

GameMaster
11-20-2003, 07:43 PM
That is one hot desktop (pun intended).

Stonecutter
11-20-2003, 09:57 PM
I like it, ominub.

I got a new one, and I have fallen in love with it. I can see myself using it for a long time.

Tell me what you guys think.

I got it from DeviantART (http://www.deviantart.com) A awesome website. Go there.

[Edit] Didnt work the first time...

Got the paper from that site, thanks vamp

Vampyr
11-20-2003, 10:19 PM
Got the paper from that site, thanks vamp

No prob.

And that is a very sweet desktop.

PureEvil
11-21-2003, 01:02 AM
Bitchin' wallpaper, Stonecutter.

That reminds me of this one:

Happydude
11-21-2003, 01:14 AM

:WHOA:

now that is nice!!!

GameMaster
11-21-2003, 01:22 AM

How uplifting :)

That's made a real impact in my choice of wallpapers (pun intended).

Acebot44
11-21-2003, 01:24 AM
My simple Desktop. Just the sun with some Aesop lyrics written on it.

Vampyr
12-01-2003, 08:43 PM
New one:

GameMaster
12-01-2003, 08:47 PM
Nice wallpaper guys.

Vampyr, nice Mozilla wallpaper there, glad to see you have an iTunes shortcut as well. ;) :)

Your score: http://www.gametavern.net/forums/images/5stars.gif

Vampyr
12-01-2003, 08:56 PM
Vampyr, nice Mozilla wallpaper there, glad to see you have an iTunes shortcut as well.

Of course I hav an iTunes shortcut. =-D

Its only the best damn music player ever.

I used to use Winamp to play songs, and iTunes to organize, but now I use iTunes for everything. Its so easy to find the song I want and play it...Ive even set iTunes as my default player.

Ironfoot
12-04-2003, 05:13 PM
The first one is the desktop without the Winamp. The second one has it.

Jonbo298
12-04-2003, 08:09 PM
I've been fiddling with StyleXP and feeling a little Mac'ish right now:D

GameMaster
12-04-2003, 08:13 PM
LOL, nice Jonbo, I like the start bar and familiar desktop background. :D

Vampyr
12-04-2003, 08:18 PM
Nice skins.

I liked your Winamp skin, Ironfoot.

I thought I would go ahead and post my desktop with my winamp opened. (I rarely use winamp now days...but I have a damn cool skin.)

Its called Invicta, and it has TONS of color schemes to choose from, and the one Im using here is called "Dead Rose"

Ironfoot
12-05-2003, 04:24 PM
Nice skins.

I liked your Winamp skin, Ironfoot.

Thanks. :) One of the best I've seen. Your skin is also worthy of note.

thatmariolover
12-07-2003, 12:17 AM
Here we go. This is what I'm talking about. I mean... Just look at the majesty of it...

Vampyr
12-07-2003, 12:25 AM
Just look at the majesty of it...

*looks*

*see's no majesty*

Lol, j/k.

Its an interesting desktop.

GameMaster
12-07-2003, 12:44 AM
Here we go. This is what I'm talking about. I mean... Just look at the majesty of it...

I like the fake dock, maybe get rid of those other icons on your desktop and then reposition it to the left side. Either way, this Mac-like setup deserves some +rep.

Jonbo298
01-21-2004, 10:20 AM
Been awhile since this thread has moved. Well, I'll revive it:p

As you can tell, I'm an icon whore (and yes, that is the official Far Cry beta, not the leaked one)

Canyarion
01-21-2004, 10:46 AM
Lotsa icons... :unsure: I always put my game links in a map in the windows pop-up menu thing. Oh well. :D

Blade Runner
01-21-2004, 12:30 PM
Hm...ok.

Jonbo298
01-21-2004, 07:08 PM
Lotsa icons... :unsure: I always put my game links in a map in the windows pop-up menu thing. Oh well. :D

I've been thinking about something like that where its down where the start bar area or whatever its called. Maybe I'll do it tonight or something and see how it turns out

Happydude
01-21-2004, 09:23 PM

As you can tell, I'm an icon whore (and yes, that is the official Far Cry beta, not the leaked one)
...how do you find anything there?!

to see my desktop, refer to last pic of my desktop i posted here (it's still the same:p)

Jonbo298
01-21-2004, 09:26 PM
...how do you find anything there?!

memory. good ol' fashioned memory:D (and plus, I'm used to having mass icons. just the way I am or whatever)

Canyarion
01-22-2004, 06:39 AM
Hm...ok.
Lol!! You actually have a list for 'stalkers' in your Trillian list! :p
Oh BTW, if you ever want to talk to me, I have MSN: angrist@home.nl :D

Vampyr
01-22-2004, 07:02 AM

wow. That is A LOT of icons.

But I love your background, screensavers is one of my favorite shows on TV. :D

bobcat
01-22-2004, 04:05 PM
I've been fiddling with StyleXP and feeling a little Mac'ish right now:D
lol where did u d/l the theme?

Well anyhoo here's mine

Ace195
01-22-2004, 04:25 PM

Well anyhoo here's mine

I have a "dual" monitor setup type thing I have it set on my tv and my computer monitor so it looks something like This... IF I can figure out the upload manager

Jonbo298
01-22-2004, 05:27 PM

Well anyhoo here's mine

Get the StyleXP 2.0 final (it mustve just came out since I just checked so I will be getting the final now instead of the beta) from here http://www.tgtsoft.com/ .
Then just go here for some bootscreens, wallpapers, themes, etc...thats where I found the mac theme. But I think the mac theme is pre-included with styleXP 2. http://www.themexp.org/
*edit*
and oh yeah, download the Men version of styleXP unless your feeling a little girlish:p

Vampyr
01-22-2004, 05:53 PM
Hm...ok.

You've inspired me. I added a "stalker" list to my MSN groups. I have 7 people on it so far.

Blade Runner
01-23-2004, 12:06 PM
lol, I'm glad to see you guys enjoy my stalkers section. Its mostly for people that im me that i don't really know or don't want to talk to. Oh, and sisters of friends i have or friends of friends i have. Hm...*shrugz and walks away*

Vampyr
01-27-2004, 05:16 PM
I got a new one. Finally.

Ive been using the mozilla background forever.

TheSlyMoogle
01-27-2004, 10:05 PM
Hmm FFXI style.

TheSlyMoogle
01-27-2004, 10:11 PM

Uh I don't actually play FFXI yet, but it appears you do! Is it everything I've ever dreamed of in a MMORPG, and more? Oh man I want to play it so badly! Also does it have Moogles? Mooglesssssss! Moogles are super cool.

GiMpY-wAnNaBe
01-27-2004, 11:06 PM
nice and clean, thats the way i like it :nod:

Jonbo298
01-27-2004, 11:14 PM
Uh I don't actually play FFXI yet, but it appears you do! Is it everything I've ever dreamed of in a MMORPG, and more? Oh man I want to play it so badly! Also does it have Moogles? Mooglesssssss! Moogles are super cool.

I don't own FFXI. That's only the benchmark. I don't want FFXI. Don't like it, don't like ff games in general, basically just because its turn based. turn based games = :Puke: for me

*thanks for pointing it out:)*

Happydude
01-27-2004, 11:58 PM
I don't own FFXI. That's only the benchmark. I don't want FFXI. Don't like it, don't like ff games in general, basically just because its turn based. turn based games = :Puke: for me

*thanks for pointing it out:)*
FFXI from what i know is real-time :)

it's an MMORPG

Perfect Stu
01-27-2004, 11:59 PM
Latest one...

Jonbo298
01-28-2004, 12:20 AM
FFXI from what i know is real-time :)

it's an MMORPG

I've never really had an interest in RPG's anyway. The only one that caught my attention was PSO. FF games seem too slow for me. FFXI, from seeing when ominub play's, looks just as slow for me. I couldn't stand walking for an hour only to get nothing out of it.:errr:

GiMpY-wAnNaBe
01-28-2004, 01:25 PM
I've never really had an interest in RPG's anyway. The only one that caught my attention was PSO. FF games seem too slow for me. FFXI, from seeing when ominub play's, looks just as slow for me. I couldn't stand walking for an hour only to get nothing out of it.:errr:
I used to think the same thing, and then i played FFVII

Vampyr
01-28-2004, 03:19 PM
I recently became obsessed with Macs.

I plan on getting one in about two years, before I go to college. hopefully it will be a very suave white mac notebook.

But, I woke up this morning and due to snow, I didnt have school, so I "Macified" my desktop. If anyone has any suggestions to make my desktop look more like a Mac, please tell me.

[edit]
The second one has my current winamp skin.

Jonbo298
01-28-2004, 06:12 PM
I used to think the same thing, and then i played FFVII

So did I (way back then), but I never really got into turn based rpf's or an ff game in general.

GameMaster
01-28-2004, 06:50 PM
Looks good Vampyr, just trim the end of the dock so that it ends after the last icon, Mac docks do not extend all the way to the top and bottom of the screen.

Ace195
01-28-2004, 08:28 PM
Vamp I have an idea for you PC turned mac.. This is what I do with macs so no mac users take offense.. Go ahead and build yourself a lifesize catapult, you know like the midevil ones, Then ever so gently load the PC( sissified by Mac) onto the catapult and pull the lever.. THen it will work just like a great new G5 :)...... I'm not a mac hater just don't like earthlink mac users most of them are idiots.

SpoonKid
02-05-2004, 08:31 PM
hey, not a desktop, but found this boot screen on themexp and thought it was pretty funny, a little spoof of jackass.

**edit** someone want to tell me how to work this stupid file uploader thing?

Happydude
02-05-2004, 10:30 PM
hey, not a desktop, but found this boot screen on themexp and thought it was pretty funny, a little spoof of jackass.

**edit** someone want to tell me how to work this stupid file uploader thing?
there is no spoon, kid...go home.

Yoda9864
02-06-2004, 12:39 AM
Here is my current desktop. Lately, I've had this thing with transparency. Whatevah. lol

Well, off to play Galaxies.

Vampyr
02-07-2004, 01:41 PM
Here is my current desktop. Lately, I've had this thing with transparency. Whatevah. lol

Well, off to play Galaxies.

How did you make you're start menu transparent?? I would like to do that to mine. :D

Anyway, here is my current desktop.

Null
02-07-2004, 02:09 PM
i got bored.

made a new desktop........

GameMaster
02-07-2004, 02:35 PM
Both of you guys have cool wallpaper, and Null, I like your little performance/status bar on the right, is it always there or did you just open it up to show us?

Vampyr
02-07-2004, 02:42 PM
Both of you guys have cool wallpaper, and Null, I like your little performance/status bar on the right, is it always there or did you just open it up to show us?

Yeah, what is that status bar thingy? I like it.

Oh, an Null, you also have a transparent start menu. How is it done!

Dark Samurai
02-07-2004, 04:34 PM
heres mine

Jonbo298
02-07-2004, 05:01 PM
Warp Pipe, eh Dark Samurai? what game(s) do you have that you play WP with?

Yoda9864
02-07-2004, 05:08 PM
How did you make you're start menu transparent?? I would like to do that to mine. :D

Anyway, here is my current desktop.
Style Xp 2.0, it's alittle shaky with some skins, but meh.

Dark Samurai
02-07-2004, 05:17 PM
Warp Pipe, eh Dark Samurai? what game(s) do you have that you play WP with?

Mario Kart

just Mario Kart

GameMaster
02-07-2004, 07:06 PM
heres mine

You're a Mac user? Why didn't you tell me? :D Welcome to the Club :)

Dark Samurai
02-07-2004, 07:20 PM
You're a Mac user? Why didn't you tell me? :D Welcome to the Club :)

theres a club??? sign me up

GameMaster
02-07-2004, 08:03 PM
Would that be an iBook or Powerbook you're using?

Null
02-07-2004, 08:28 PM
Yeah, what is that status bar thingy? I like it.

Oh, an Null, you also have a transparent start menu. How is it done!

Style XP does the differnt skins and transparency stuff and other.

The side bar thing is always open, you can put a lot of other stuff on it then i have, like messenger, stocks, news, webpages. etc.

its Desktop Sidebar www.desktopsidebar.com it will come with Style XP when stylexp comes out with a new version.

Dark Samurai
02-07-2004, 08:40 PM
Would that be an iBook or Powerbook you're using?

I believe its a PowerBook G4

GameMaster
02-07-2004, 08:43 PM
Null, can you give a link for the Style XP software, also our PC has multiple users, will it effect everyone's account, or just mine?

Null
02-07-2004, 08:54 PM
Null, can you give a link for the Style XP software, also our PC has multiple users, will it effect everyone's account, or just mine?

should be just yours

and i think its www.tgtsoft.com

Vampyr
02-08-2004, 01:25 PM
So, I "purchased" the full version of style XP off of the internet. :D

Ive spent last night and this morning downloading backgrounds, themes, and logons, and I have finally managed to turn my PC into a near perfect duplicate of a Mac.

The first image is of my new logon screen.

The second image is of my desktop.

The third image is what a window looks like when its opened on my new theme.

Null
02-08-2004, 01:31 PM
So, I "purchased" the full version of style XP off of the internet. :D

Ive spent last night and this morning downloading backgrounds, themes, and logons, and I have finally managed to turn my PC into a near perfect duplicate of a Mac.

The first image is of my new logon screen.

The second image is of my desktop.

The third image is what a window looks like when its opened on my new theme.

yannooooo. search the internet for " Y'Z Dock " and download that, and you'll have the dock thingy from apple, the one that makes the icons bigger when they hover over it, usually at the bottom of macs.

apparently the guy was told to stop making it from apple. dunno how true that is but you can still find the program around on the net

Vampyr
02-08-2004, 01:35 PM
yannooooo. search the internet for " Y'Z Dock " and download that, and you'll have the dock thingy from apple, the one that makes the icons bigger when they hover over it, usually at the bottom of macs.

apparently the guy was told to stop making it from apple. dunno how true that is but you can still find the program around on the net

I downloaded a window "dock" once that made icons biger when I moved over it, but I found it hard to use. At the time I was having some computer troubles, so I was removing some recent programs I had downloaded. I removed the dock, but it wouldnt go away. :( I had to download an extra program to delete it. I might find a different one someday, but right now Im pretty satisfied.

Null
02-08-2004, 01:52 PM
I downloaded a window "dock" once that made icons biger when I moved over it, but I found it hard to use. At the time I was having some computer troubles, so I was removing some recent programs I had downloaded. I removed the dock, but it wouldnt go away. :( I had to download an extra program to delete it. I might find a different one someday, but right now Im pretty satisfied.

was just mentioning. personally i dont like them. because either i have it so my window will maximize and not cover it. then the bottom looks funny. or it coes over the dock then the dock is pointless cuz i still have to close my window to get to it.

im really liking this desktop sidebar i recently got tho. :) its being pretty useful.

Vampyr
02-15-2004, 01:21 AM
This is a new desktop thing Im using...Im not sure if I like it or not. I might use it for a while, then switch back to my old one...what do you guys think?

Jonbo298
02-15-2004, 02:02 AM
This is a new desktop thing Im using...Im not sure if I like it or not. I might use it for a while, then switch back to my old one...what do you guys think?

Trippy! What prog. are you using to do that? I wanna try it out

Null
02-15-2004, 10:24 AM

looks like Astonshell ? yes? no?

Vampyr
02-15-2004, 10:50 AM
looks like Astonshell ? yes? no?

yes

:)

If people are interested in an extremely customizable desktop...get this. When you first download it, all the options it has can be slightly intimidating. But dont worry, you'll get the hang of it quickly enough. What I like about it is that it's pretty, and it uses less RAM than normal Windows Explorer. And, you can switch between them anytime you want to.

Aston Shell (http://www.astonshell.com)

Null
02-15-2004, 11:05 AM
yes

:)

If people are interested in an extremely customizable desktop...get this. When you first download it, all the options it has can be slightly intimidating. But dont worry, you'll get the hang of it quickly enough. What I like about it is that it's pretty, and it uses less RAM than normal Windows Explorer. And, you can switch between them anytime you want to.

Aston Shell (http://www.astonshell.com)

btw, messing with the shall altho fun, can get dangerous, one goof up and windows wont start at all.

i had it mess up once but i had linux installed so was able to go and fix the shell file.

just fyi :p

Vampyr
02-15-2004, 12:07 PM
btw, messing with the shall altho fun, can get dangerous, one goof up and windows wont start at all.

i had it mess up once but i had linux installed so was able to go and fix the shell file.

just fyi :p

I'll keep that in mind when messing with it. :)

I just downloaded a Mac thing for it...I'll work on it today and post pics when its done.

Vampyr
02-15-2004, 08:34 PM
Ok...here is my current desktop. If you were to look at this, what kind of computer would you think I was running?

Null
02-15-2004, 08:40 PM
ew. dunno why you'd want it to look like that. i hate thoes bar things at bottom. dunno how they work on mac, but they see to me to get just annoying. screen dont look right if you max a window and it doesnt cover em. but if the window does cover em then its kinda useless. *shrug*

GameMaster
02-15-2004, 09:08 PM
Hey Vampyr, that looks like a Mac :D

Very nice replication :)

How'd you do it?

Vampyr
02-16-2004, 09:37 AM
Hey Vampyr, that looks like a Mac :D

Very nice replication :)

How'd you do it?

Download the
Aston Shell (http://www.astonshell.com), then get the "Daddy's Aqua Theme".

Jonbo298
02-16-2004, 05:24 PM
gah, I tried figuring out Aston, but it was just confusing me and after I did something, it messed my icons up and bunched them all together now. damnit, now I have to rearrange them all to what they were at

Ace195
02-16-2004, 06:52 PM
Download the
Aston Shell (http://www.astonshell.com), then get the "Daddy's Aqua Theme".
Now the question still remains why in the world would you make it look like a mac.. Don't tempt me vampy I'll load my catapult and drive to a city near you and launch your computer..

Null
02-16-2004, 07:10 PM
Now the question still remains why in the world would you make it look like a mac.. Don't tempt me vampy I'll load my catapult and drive to a city near you and launch your computer..

right on. I understand macs work nice and fast and all that. but for the life of me i cant STAND how they look. way too user friendly look to em. and icons so big for grandparents.

not to say windows look is good either. i perfer Linux look to anything.

Happydude
02-16-2004, 11:56 PM
Here http://www.gametavern.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=1698
your link doesn't work...

Jonbo298
03-03-2004, 10:44 AM
Not a major update, but meh:p

If anyone can find me a good MGS:TS wallpaper (not like the one i posted oh so long ago), before tomorrow, ill +rep ya decently:)

And yes, I still have a helluva lot of icons.

Happydude
03-03-2004, 11:32 AM
i use one of the Aston themes, so i got no icons...:p

i would post it, but im too lazy right now....i'll post it later if i get around to it :)

Jonbo298
03-03-2004, 11:53 AM
I'm content with StyleXP and my mac look. Maybe there is a better mac look...i doubt it, but meh:p

Null
03-03-2004, 01:26 PM
I'm content with StyleXP and my mac look. Maybe there is a better mac look...i doubt it, but meh:p

isnt better mac look an oxymoron? :D ;)

Jonbo298
03-03-2004, 02:17 PM
too...much...thought...must stop.....:p

GameMaster
03-03-2004, 06:46 PM
too...much...thought...must stop.....:p

You have...too...many...icons...must...stop... ;)

Jonbo298
03-03-2004, 11:45 PM
Honestly, I cant be without all the icons. I hate using the start menu for opening stuff. And plus, I'd say 90% of the icons on my desktop I do use pretty often.

Canyarion
03-04-2004, 06:59 AM
What's with the 2 different versions of WarpPipe? :confused:
I'm really enjoying my 'girls of the alliance' wallpaper from World of Warcraf. :D

Jonbo298
03-04-2004, 11:45 AM
Some people still have .3.2 for some reason. I've had it happen where I go to face someone and they have .3.2 instead of the newest one. So both are there just in case. I had .3.3 but somehow .3.4 over rid it but not .3.2.

GameMaster
03-29-2004, 10:11 PM
Like? http://www.nick.com/blab/emoticons/icon_blush.gif

Jonbo298
03-29-2004, 10:34 PM
Interesting......

Seven7
03-29-2004, 11:33 PM
Just posting a shot of the clean desktop of the user account I use for internet mostly.

OS theme is BBX Murcury X and Mozilla Firefox theme is mercnvert by lynchknot. Been to lazy to hack the mercnvert.jar to skin scrollbar properly since I now have a computer that can handle the extra skinning without taking a hit. :p

The three icons on top left is Compact menu, X (aka:Paranoia) and ChromEdit extensions. I changed the look of the first two in userChrome.css. Easier and quicker than hacking the extensions themselves.

Acebot44
03-29-2004, 11:48 PM
I just changed mine today so its kinda unorganized but whatever

The first one is my old one.

Jonbo298
03-30-2004, 08:01 AM
I too went through a slight update about a week ago.

yes, I still love my icons:D

Vampyr
03-30-2004, 11:18 AM
I love gamemasters. +rep :D

Here is mine:

Dark Samurai
03-30-2004, 06:17 PM
When i clicked that, i thought i'd be something more of a Rikku design.

Seven7
04-19-2004, 11:56 PM
*bump*

Just got a neat pic for the desktop that I use just for internet mostly. :D

GT News
04-19-2004, 11:56 PM
*bump*

What do you do in your spare time?
Perhaps I'm just expressing my own concern about it.

Jonbo298
04-20-2004, 07:45 AM
*bump*

Whats with the Firefox links that have dates in them? :hmm:

GameMaster
04-20-2004, 06:39 PM
Probably new nightly builds of Firefox. Camino releases nightly builds also where they tweak little things and make minor adjustments. Incase you're too yancy to wait for a major official upgrade.

Seven7
04-20-2004, 07:23 PM
Whats with the Firefox links that have dates in them? :hmm:
I use nightly .zip builds of Firefox and I put the dates there so I know what build the shortcut is for,since I often have at least a few to 10(in past). The April.19 Mozilla was only because I wanted to see if UI FTP upload (http://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=24867) was working but it crashed browser instead.

http://www.squarefree.com/burningedge/
ftp://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/firefox/nightly/

The last Firefox Trunk nightly build that was useful was April.16, and Firefox 0.9 was planned for this week a month ago, so a delay is no surprise.

The actual pic I used is attached if anybody want's to use it.

Jonbo298
04-20-2004, 08:29 PM
Ah, ok. I understand fully now

Vampyr
04-25-2004, 03:31 AM
Does using my own picture for my desktop say something about me?

Typhoid
04-25-2004, 02:34 PM
:rofl:

I sooo didnt see that coming...i thought it would be another Rikku thing...

GameMaster
04-25-2004, 03:31 PM
Typhoid, aren't you going to show us your desktop?

Typhoid
04-25-2004, 04:51 PM
I dont just show my desktop to anyone....maybe after a few drinks or something...

Seven7
05-01-2004, 08:06 PM
Here is what my desktop is like right now for the account I use for internet mostly.

You think I have enough Firefox shotcuts? I tend to hold onto some builds for a while because of tweaks,themes testing or whatever reason.

The OS theme I am using is a sweet theme that can be found at http://tisuite.xanthic.net/ , the wallpaper too.

The Firefox theme is "HD Carbon Fiber" by lynchknot which can be found at http://home.comcast.net/%7Elynchknot/fthemes.html , The text in a few places in Options is a known issue as he is at aloss on fixing it at moment, but it's not a big deal for me as I know what everthing thiing is.

GiMpY-wAnNaBe
05-02-2004, 12:13 AM
Whats with all the firefox stuff?

GameMaster
05-02-2004, 12:30 AM
Whats with all the firefox stuff?

If you had read his post you'd know.

GiMpY-wAnNaBe
05-02-2004, 12:42 AM
If you had read his post you'd know.
remember the part where you weren't talking? lets to that again :p

GameMaster
05-02-2004, 12:44 AM
If I give you a +rep, could we be friends again?

GT News
05-02-2004, 12:44 AM
If I give you a +rep, could we be friends again?

Once more? Try it.

Bond
05-23-2004, 01:31 PM
Best. Desktop. Ever.

Jonbo298
05-23-2004, 04:15 PM
Best. Desktop. Ever.

:errr:

Stonecutter
05-23-2004, 06:28 PM
The anti-desktop

Jonbo298
06-08-2004, 07:00 AM
New updated desktop after the last reformat (and hell that ensured afterwards but its a long story)

And I think you'll all be pleasantly surprised:D

ominub
06-08-2004, 08:24 AM
Here is mine :)

Yoda9864
06-08-2004, 10:58 PM
Well, here's my latest:

Acebot44
06-08-2004, 11:27 PM
Ear yah go

But this was like a month ago so the desktop items are all changed now.

TheSlyMoogle
06-09-2004, 01:28 AM
I don't go for any fancy stuff. Here's mine.

Jonbo298
06-09-2004, 01:32 AM
Get rid of that Unused Desktop Items folder...or at the very least move it off desktop...annoying thing thats not needed;)

Danchastu 4.0
06-19-2004, 06:12 AM
Got it just how I like it. :)

Awe, my computer icon got changed back to the original...must fix...must fix.

GiMpY-wAnNaBe
06-19-2004, 09:57 AM
I just reformatted, so mine has nothing special

btw, are you guys using Style XP? do you know where i can obtain a full version through...err...nonpayment methods?

Danchastu 4.0
06-19-2004, 10:27 AM
Got mine with bittorrent through suprnova.org

GiMpY-wAnNaBe
06-21-2004, 09:11 PM
does anyone have the exe file for it?