PDA

View Full Version : Need help choosing games for launch!!

azazela31
02-16-2002, 03:59 PM
Anyway... here we go.

I'll be picking up a GCN up at launch, (May the Third) and can't decide on what games to get.

I can get 4 games, and I've decided to get

Tony Hawk Pro Skater 3
Extreme G3

the other 2, I simply can't decide.

I thought of Monkey Balls, but is it worth it. As for Rogue Leader I don't like space simulators. Also can someone explain what Monkey Balls really is, and how the game works.

Thanks

Gamer
02-16-2002, 04:03 PM
K, well, I defenitely think SSB:M is a game you should get, it is, i think, one of the best games out for Gamecube. As for Monkey Ball, what it is is you are basically in a ball and you try to roll your ball to the goal without falling off the track. There is extremely hard tracks and some easy ones. I defenitly think you should rent this game before buying it, its not necesarily for everyone. Another game i might suggest is NHL Hitz, its action packed and full of tons of great surprises and things to do, its lots of fun. And its GREAT with a few friends. Anyways, hope this helps.

azazela31
02-16-2002, 04:17 PM
Is Waverace any good?? I'm pretty ignorant of GCN's line up right now. But I really want Perfect Dark, and Metriod (although they are nearly a year from release).

Is SSX Tricky easy to play on the GCN, I heard it has controller problems.

N8
02-16-2002, 04:35 PM
Waverace is awsome. Just none of my friends are good enough... so I have to play it by myself, still a blast.

if you want an adventure game of sorts, get pikmin, very good game and nothing like it. ssx is fun, I haven't had much trouble with controls dunno exactly what they are talking about. ssbm for sure... so now you just have to pick one game

smb is really good to, but i can see how it might not be for everyone. you have to have very very good hand eye coordination. multiplayer is a blast too

azazela31
02-16-2002, 04:46 PM
Well SSX Tricky for PS2 has 4 shoulder buttons for tricks, but the GCN has only 3. So that is a problem that I read about at gamespot.

Super Smash Brother is certainly not for me.

I'm getting a GCN because my PS2 died and I don't want to get another one because I passed some of the best games out there.

I missed Tony Hawk 3 and SSX Tricky for PS2 so why not get them for the GCN.

My most eargerly awaited GCN is Phantasy Star Online...

EDIT: GCN is also going to have a 60 Hz option, which is a nice addition.

designated_GM3R
02-16-2002, 06:07 PM
You will be enamored with Phantasy Star Online...
epic game... online, that is.

azazela31
02-16-2002, 06:17 PM
I only read about the game and saw movies of the DC games.

BUT!!! I love online games, and it will be so cool playing some the asses from the forums!!

Non of my friends are getting GCNs, (Bastards either own a PS2, or use all the money they have to buy weed and ****) So I hope I'll be able to meet online with some the guys from the forums.

I'm just praying that the monthly fee won't exceed 5 dollars.

Gamer
02-16-2002, 06:38 PM
Dude, SSX Tricky is really great for Gamecube too, the controls dont bother me, they are good. Wave Race is awsome, i love it, and still play it. i cant remember any other games you mentioned right now so im goin to bed.

The_Dunadan
02-16-2002, 07:49 PM
SSBM!!!

LoudHowardZERO
02-17-2002, 02:03 AM
Originally posted by azazela31

Is SSX Tricky easy to play on the GCN, I heard it has controller problems.
None at all.

Thas is like a muct get, it's defiently one of my favorite games of all time! It is so fun! Addicting, I'd pick up SSBM, if you liked the first one, and SSX Tricky. why not just buy the cube then rent games. That's what I did ;)

azazela31
02-17-2002, 06:33 AM
Originally posted by LoudHowardZERO

None at all.

Thas is like a muct get, it's defiently one of my favorite games of all time! It is so fun! Addicting, I'd pick up SSBM, if you liked the first one, and SSX Tricky. why not just buy the cube then rent games. That's what I did ;)

I had SSX for PS2, so I finally decided!!

My launch line is:

Tony Hawk Pro Skater 3
Extreme G3
Super Monkey Balls

There are shops that will let me rent X-Box/GCN games only PS2.:( But Monkey Balls sound like my type of game.

fingersman
02-17-2002, 11:51 AM
I didn't think SSBM was for me either...but I really like the game...WAVE RACE IS COOOL....noone can handle me at it.....that includes N8 because compared to me at Waverace he no doubt sucks. :p j/k

C.H
02-17-2002, 11:58 AM
I'm also getting a GC at european launch, although i have to wait until May 3rd. But i suppose upgrading the system so it can display 60 hz on Pal televisions and the £150 price mark are nice gester.

I've been kind enough to devise the full euro launch so far:

Batman Vengeance (Ubi Soft)
Bloody Roar Extreme (Activision)
Burnout (Acclaim)
Crazy Taxi (Acclaim)
Dave Mirra Freestyle BMX 2 (Acclaim)
Donal Duck Going Quackers (Ubi Soft)
FIFA Soccer 2002: Road to the World Cup (Electronic Arts)
Gauntlet: Dark Legacy (Midway)
International Superstar Soccer 2002 (Konami)
Luigi's Mansion (Nintendo)
NHL Hitz (Midway)
Sonic Adventure 2: Battle (SEGA)
Soul Fighter (Sing!)
Spiderman The Movie (Activision)
Star Wars Rogue Squadron 2 (Lucas Arts)
Super Monkey Ball (SEGA)
Tarzan Untamed (Ubi Soft)
Tetris Worlds (THQ)
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3 (Activision)
Universal Studios: Theme Park Adventure (Kemco)
Wave Race: Blue Storm (Nintendo)
Driven (BAM!)
18-Wheeler: American Pro Trucker (Acclaim)
Extreme G3 (Acclaim)

Personally, these are the game that i'm getting from day one:

Rouge Leader
Wave Race
Sonic Adventure 2
Luigi's Mansion
Super Monkey Ball

But there are a few other games that interest me there, but i'll see what there like when launch comes. Money i guess is also a factor, because i also want to get other games soon after launch:

Super smash Brothers
Pikmin
Resident evil
Star Fox adventures (Obviously)
Eternal Darkness

And not forgetting i also want to get Perfect Dark, Metroid, Kameo and Zelda after that. I just wish i didn't have to wait so bloody long for the launch. But then again, even if the launch was soon. I'm skint (NO MONEY!), so i wouldn't be able to get anything anyway.

azazela31
02-18-2002, 05:50 AM
"Rouge Leader
Wave Race
Sonic Adventure 2
Luigi's Mansion
Super Monkey Ball"

Sonic Adventure 2... have it for DC!! It's a great game, but the camera just kills the game at times!! I hate those blind jumps that always get you killed.

WaveRace... I sucked at the N64 game!!

Super Monkey Balls is looking to be VERY COOL!

Rogue Leader... simply don't have money for 4 games at laucnh so Moneky Balls, THPS3, and Extreme G3 are going to be my launch titles.

ETERNAL DARKNESS is my most anticaptaed game.

Angrist
02-19-2002, 03:42 AM
I'm probably only going to get Rogue Leader at launch. Me and my bro are waiting for Pikmin and SSB:M. And for SFA: D of course...

Gamer
02-19-2002, 05:26 PM
Lol, enjoy "monkey BALLS"