View Full Version : The NFL Thread 03-04

Bond
09-07-2003, 05:44 PM
http://images.nfl.com/images/hdr_gd16.gif

2003 NFL STANDINGS

http://www.nfl.com/standings/conference

Jonbo298
09-07-2003, 05:49 PM
I want to see how the Raiders will do this season after their subpar performance at the Superbowl.

Go Raiders!:)

ZebraRampage
09-08-2003, 06:54 PM
Are you ready for some football?!?!!!!! Tampa Bay Buccaneers vs. Philadelphia Eagles!!!!! It's tonight and it's going to be awesome, and hopefully the Eagles win. Is anyone else hyped about this game as I am, or is my hype just due to the fact that I'm a fan of one of the teams? Well I wish I could talk about the game after it's over, but I'll probably be in bed because of school so, well whatever. I was just wondering, out of the NFL fans on here, who do you think will win the game, and what strategies do you think they should make? I still am unsure of who should win, but I think the Eagles should just blitz the Buc's QB Brad Johnson a whole bunch of times in the first quarter, so then he'll be quite worn out.

The Germanator
09-08-2003, 07:31 PM
I'm pretty excited for this one too, though that's because I am an Eagles fan. I think the Eagles will win, partly because the fans and environment of the new stadium and everything will act as the 12th man out there, which is always a plus. I'm still concerned about the defense for the eagles though. At this point, we really don't have any depth at DE, we're gonna be rotating in DTs just because we don't have many options. This doesn't bode well for the pass rush, and in order for the eagles to win they must get to Brad Johnson, something they didn't do in the championship game. I know Donovan will play well, and we'll have a steady rotation at RB with Bucky, Duce, and Westbrook, and I think Thrash and Pinkston are steady enough to produce the kind of yards we need from the receivers. It should be a close game, I'm just throwing out 23-17 Eagles as a guess.

ZebraRampage
09-08-2003, 07:41 PM
I agree on the DE situation, it's really sucks that we lost two DE's in the preseason games, but I guess we should be okay. We just need to step it up in everything thing tonight, I know the Eagles can beat the Bucs. I wish I didn't have to do homework, because I want to watch Monday Night Countdown, but I'd rather do the homework now than during the game so it's not a big deal, I just can't wait.

Bond
09-08-2003, 08:33 PM
The Eagles will probably win.

I wish you guys better luck than the Packers.

Hero2
09-08-2003, 09:03 PM
The Eagles will probably win.

I wish you guys better luck than the Packers.
or the bears

Professor S
09-08-2003, 10:28 PM
Well if the Eagles are going to win this game they need 2 things:

1) Better play calling

2) $50,000 to buy Donovan McNabb a little accuracy.

ZebraRampage
09-08-2003, 10:33 PM
Well if the Eagles are going to win this game they need 2 things:

1) Better play calling

2) $50,000 to buy Donovan McNabb a little accuracy.

The offensive line isn't holding the defense too well either. Pinkston can't catch, and I can't believe that whole thing with the 1st down on the 1 yard line....I was so damn pissed. McNabb threw the ball too high to the reciever in the endzone, he needs to get his accuracy together. INTERCEPTION!!!!! JUST NOW!!!! AND A FLAG ON TAMPA!!!!!! HELL YEAH!!!!! Okay hopefully they start something now, lol.

Nevermind.....nothing....3-0 Tampa at the half. What the hell...I feel like turning it off...I'm really pissed.

Professor S
09-08-2003, 10:42 PM
How many times has Donovan had to dump off to Deuce? 5? 6? They need to get some wide receivers who can get open against these guys. Somehow they need to beat Tampa.

Why they can't run against that small D-line, I have no idea.

ZebraRampage
09-08-2003, 11:12 PM
Now Tampa is driving, and they will probably score a TD. What I don't understand is why Brad Johnson has had so much time to make plays...but McNabb hasn't. The Eagles aren't blitzing, if they are, they are doing a poor job of it. I just knew this game would be bad...

Well what do you know, they scored....Philly is challenging it, but it's a TD. This is horrible...I'm so disappointed..but I didn't have high expectations anyway...so, whatever.

The Germanator
09-09-2003, 02:42 AM
That game sucked. Yup. Playcalling, terrible...offense, uninspired, I don't what to say, terrible game.

Professor S
09-09-2003, 07:50 AM
I've always been a Donovan McNabb supporter, but I'm not anymore. The the best paid average QB in the league, and last night he was well below average. He was pathetic.

Jason1
09-09-2003, 07:55 PM
I've always been a Donovan McNabb supporter, but I'm not anymore. The the best paid average QB in the league, and last night he was well below average. He was pathetic.

And I had to start his sorry ass instead of Tommy Maddox...who got 23 fantasy points compared to McNabb's 2. Anyone up for a trade?

Perfect Stu
09-09-2003, 08:54 PM
And I had to start his sorry ass instead of Tommy Maddox...who got 23 fantasy points compared to McNabb's 2. Anyone up for a trade?

you shouldn't have started him against the TB Defense anyway

Oh, and here are Stu's top 10 POWER RANKINGS after week 1:

1. Tampa Bay
2. Tennessee
3. Buffalo
4. Oakland
5. Pittsburgh
6. Philly
7. Indianapolis
8. Kansas City
9. New York Giants
10. San Francisco

Bond
09-15-2003, 05:12 PM
Another great week of NFL football. I can't believe Lewis rushed for almost 300 yards, and predicted it. Sheesh.

(The Packers won too :))

ZebraRampage
09-15-2003, 05:16 PM
No Comment on football on behalf of myself.....I probably won't be watching much this year.

Bond
09-15-2003, 05:22 PM
Oh how faithful Philly fans are...

Perfect Stu
09-15-2003, 07:31 PM
The Colts just owned the Titans.

Stu's Week 2 POWER RANKINGS

1.Buffalo Bills
2.Tampa Bay Buccaneers
3.Indianapolis Colts
4.Kansas City Chiefs
5.Carolina Panthers
6.Tennessee Titans
7.New York Football Giants
8.Oakland Raiders
9.Minnesota Vikings
10.Pittsburgh Steelers

ZebraRampage
09-15-2003, 07:53 PM
Oh how faithful Philly fans are...

Lol, I thought someone would say that....I'll probably watch the games, I'm just a little upset, but it is a little younger team, and a lot of players are hurt, so there is nothing we can do. It's just hard to come off of going to the NFC Championship game to this, but then again, it must have been just as hard for Rams fans last year. I guess I'm just sick of seeing the Flyers/Sixers/Eagles go practically all the way and coming up short in the playoffs, it's getting harder to keep faith.

Stonecutter
09-15-2003, 09:03 PM
Oh, it's going to be a LONG season in Chicago. I'll post some power rankings after tonights game.

The Germanator
09-15-2003, 11:02 PM
At least the Giants are getting spanked by the Cowboys...to think the NFC East is going to be lead by the Skins. :distress:

GameKinG
09-16-2003, 12:59 AM
GO RAIDERS! :banana:

Stonecutter
09-16-2003, 01:55 AM
WOW!!!!!!!

That was the best MNF game I've seen since Jets/Dolphins back in 2000.

Anyway, as promised, powah rankings.

Stonecutter's Top 5

1) Kansas City
2) Tampa Bay
3) Green Bay
4) Pittsburgh
5) Giants

Those are the 5 teams that I feel have proven that they are legit. Buffalo beating the piss out of Jacksonville and New England doesn't impress me. Indy barly getting past Cleveland doesn't either. Neither do the niners (come on, they beat my bears) nor the panthers (again, jacksonville, and a few luckey blocks.) I'm not saying they're no good. I'm just saying I need to see more.

Tennesse is right on my bubble, as is Oakland, if either win next week they should be in.

You'll notice that 4 of those 5 teams are 1-1. Even after the loss tonight the giants battled back. GB will be fine if their recievers hold out. Pittsburgh lost to another top 5 team and Tampa is still damn good, they just got a few bad breaks (or blocks, as the case may be.)

I'll expand the list when I feel it's warrented.

Hman811
09-16-2003, 10:44 AM
All you philly fans need to start showing some loyalty, why don't you stop booing your team when they are playing at home and start showing some support. It's typical philly...everyone loves their sports team, talking all kinds of trash..... until they aren't playing too hot, then all of a sudden they turn and boo like a bunch of pathetic, non-loyal, hypocrites. "Philly rules...!! (blah blah blah) "Oh wait...we lost...we suk, eagles suk, and andy reid is a fat piece of crap!!" That's all I hear. I live in the philly area and I can't believe how the attitude of a sports team can change so drastically over night. Show some freakin support and quit complaining...jeez. Eagles fans feel like they got something to prove and since their team is such a dissappointment, they decide to get violent and act like losers. Now I'm not trying to insult the fans who are there for their team, but for the most part, this is the general philly sports attitude I've experienced since I moved to West Chester 4 years ago. How do you expect to get back in the game when your own quarterback can't concentrate over his own fan's boos?!! Stop complaining, shut up, and support ur f-ing team, and stop whining.
Oh, and bye the way, I can't wait to see what happens when philly gets beat by the Giants. Blue for life!

mickydaniels
09-16-2003, 10:55 AM
Seeing as how this is THE thread, all I have to say is
Jamal Lewis breaking the record just came out of nowhere.

Damn, the Cardinals suck.

And the Seahawks have looked impreesive against chumps, so this week's game and St. Louis will be very important.

Buffalo and Kansas City are the best teams in the league. Hands down.

BUT......... it has been only 2 weeks, in case I should forget the Panthers at 3-0 last year, Jets at 2-5, Titans 1-4, San Diego 6-1.

Perfect Stu
09-16-2003, 12:25 PM
Stonecutter's Top 5

1) Kansas City
2) Tampa Bay
3) Green Bay
4) Pittsburgh
5) Giants

LOL, what a joke.

Indy inching past Cleveland doesn't do it for you, but a loss to the Vikings (Pack) does? And Tennessee is on the bubble, but the Colts are not when they absolutely spanked them on Sunday? Pssssh. Buffalo is top 5, easily. And the Giants lost to the COWBOYS. LOL.

Sorry dude, but I disagree with you completely.

mickydaniels
09-16-2003, 12:42 PM
Wow. I didn't notice that myself. Green Bay, Pittsburgh & the Giants?
wow.

Here's my top 5

1. Buffalo Bills - crazy offense plus a defense equals nearly unstoppable
2. Kansas City Chiefs - same as above
3. Indianapolis Colts - not even in my dreams did I think they would beat the Titans
4. Tampa Bay Bucs
5. Minnesota Vikings

Honorable mention: Carolina, Seattle, Denver -now this is a team that has been beating on chumpslike San Diego & Cincinnati

ZebraRampage
09-16-2003, 03:43 PM
All you philly fans need to start showing some loyalty, why don't you stop booing your team when they are playing at home and start showing some support. It's typical philly...everyone loves their sports team, talking all kinds of trash..... until they aren't playing too hot, then all of a sudden they turn and boo like a bunch of pathetic, non-loyal, hypocrites. "Philly rules...!! (blah blah blah) "Oh wait...we lost...we suk, eagles suk, and andy reid is a fat piece of crap!!" That's all I hear. I live in the philly area and I can't believe how the attitude of a sports team can change so drastically over night. Show some freakin support and quit complaining...jeez. Eagles fans feel like they got something to prove and since their team is such a dissappointment, they decide to get violent and act like losers. Now I'm not trying to insult the fans who are there for their team, but for the most part, this is the general philly sports attitude I've experienced since I moved to West Chester 4 years ago. How do you expect to get back in the game when your own quarterback can't concentrate over his own fan's boos?!! Stop complaining, shut up, and support ur f-ing team, and stop whining.
Oh, and bye the way, I can't wait to see what happens when philly gets beat by the Giants. Blue for life!

Well....the booing annoys me too. I guess I just got a little upset earlier....with that post I made about not watching anymore football. I'm usually optimistic about Phillly teams, but it's just hard when the same thing happens every year.

Bond
09-16-2003, 04:48 PM
LOL, what a joke.

Indy inching past Cleveland doesn't do it for you, but a loss to the Vikings (Pack) does? And Tennessee is on the bubble, but the Colts are not when they absolutely spanked them on Sunday? Pssssh. Buffalo is top 5, easily. And the Giants lost to the COWBOYS. LOL.

Sorry dude, but I disagree with you completely.
Well, our power rankings are more of a week by week thing. Stonecutter's seems more of an end season prediction. Which it's probably pretty accurate.

Stonecutter
09-16-2003, 05:09 PM
How do we know if Buffalo is any damn good? Who did they beat?

The Jags (suck)
The Pats (dunno, probabaly good, but maybe not)

I've watched all of both of GBs games. In week 1 they came out flat and Favre got completly screwed on two of his 4 picks. In week 2 they did exactly what they were supposed to do. Now honestly, do you really believe that Carolina is a better football team?

Every year, indy implodes. Manning starts throwing 3 interceptions per game and then poof, they're done. He's yet to win a playoff game.

The Titans, meanwhile, went on the road and lost but look at that team and who they have. There's no way they should have lost, but they did, doesn't mean they're still not a better team.

Meanwhile, the giants were down by 16 at one point in that game and battled back and BEAT the cowboys, unfortunatly their dumbass kicker couldn't keep the ball within the numbers on the final kickoff with 14 seconds left which gave the ball to the cowboys at the 40. Carter threw one pass, and then they brought ****Drip out to kick. By the time OT came around the Giants were complety gassed. East coast teams suck on monday night when they play teams from other time zones, it's a pretty well proven fact. It's 1:00 am on the east coast, but it's only midnight in Central and 10:00 in pacific, your biological clock won't adjust to eastern time in two days so it was an hour eariler for the cowboys the entire game, that's huge in a 4 hour game.

Look at the playmakers on the Giants

Kerry Collins
Tiki Barber
Armani Toomer
Ike Hillard
Jeremy Shockey

If that isn't the most underrated offense in the leauge I don't know what is, and they've got a very solid D.

Perfect Stu
09-16-2003, 06:53 PM
Just watch, Stoney...Dungy has created a defense that is going to surprise a lot of people. They completely shut down Eddie George and Steve McNair.

Beware the Dung(y)eon Defense! :D

MasterMind
09-19-2003, 11:31 PM
http://extra.twincities.com/slideshows/082203_vikings_raiders/photo00.jpg

How about this guy and the Vikings? So far they look like they will be able to do some damage. The defense is playing so much better this year. Their offense has always been one of the top, so I just hope the D holds up so we can at least make the playoffs.

Looking to go 3-0 this weekend.

Perfect Stu
09-21-2003, 07:29 PM
COLTS WIN

My condolences to all Packers fans out there...that was pretty nasty. Here's to hoping you beat up on the Barrs next week...

Stonecutter
09-21-2003, 08:19 PM
Colts, getting closer, but it was still Jacksonville. We'll know by the end of week 5 if they're for real or not.

I'm not going to post new rankings until after monday night, but I think the pack drops off.

Fav-ray and the pack D looked really bad in the 2nd half, but have no fear, they'll still pound the piss out of my bears next monday.

I'm actually suprised the giants won this week. Teams that play on the road after a monday night game usually don't play all that well.

Bond
09-21-2003, 08:37 PM
Trying to remain calm... trying very hard... still trying...

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

Joeiss
09-21-2003, 09:00 PM
lol bond, lol.

Bond
09-21-2003, 09:03 PM
Oh yeah, I'm not trying to make excuses like I always do, but that pass interference call on Harris was one of the worst calls I have seen in a long time. Stonecutter will even back me up on this one :D

Perfect Stu
09-21-2003, 09:49 PM
Colts, getting closer, but it was still Jacksonville. We'll know by the end of week 5 if they're for real or not.

I'm not going to post new rankings until after monday night, but I think the pack drops off.

Are you saying the Colts will have to beat Tampa in order to prove that they're "for real"? :unsure:

And if the Packers make your top 5...:shakehead

Professor S
09-21-2003, 09:56 PM
Oh yeah, I'm not trying to make excuses like I always do, but that pass interference call on Harris was one of the worst calls I have seen in a long time. Stonecutter will even back me up on this one :D

Is that Al Harris? I'm an Eagles fan (sadly), and I know first hand that Al Harris is a walking 15 yard penalty.

Perfect Stu
09-21-2003, 10:06 PM
Is that Al Harris? I'm an Eagles fan (sadly), and I know first hand that Al Harris is a walking 15 yard penalty.

:lol:

nothing to do with Al Harris, just a funny comment

Professor S
09-21-2003, 10:12 PM
Seriously, the man attracts yellow flags like s**t attracts flies.

Stonecutter
09-21-2003, 10:16 PM
Yeah, that's easily the worst call I've seen this season.

Jason1
09-21-2003, 10:17 PM
Pittsburgh won! W00t....they beat....the Bengals... :unsure:

But my good buddy Jerome Bettis scored a TD! Go Bettis!

ZebraRampage
09-21-2003, 10:23 PM
Seriously, the man attracts yellow flags like s**t attracts flies.

HAHA I always used to hear my dad curse at the tv and it was always because of Al Harris.

MasterMind
09-22-2003, 12:48 AM
Vikings still undefeated. 3-0

The Germanator
09-22-2003, 12:51 AM
I didn't get to watch any football, busy all day...Packers v. Cardinals surprises the hell out of me though. Eagles better win next week...meh.

Bond
09-22-2003, 08:00 AM
I don't think he'd had a penalty up until this point. But it really wasn't his fault, just an awful call.

mickydaniels
09-23-2003, 09:30 AM
An amazing beatdown of the raiders last night. The only team they've beaten since the Super Bowl and even preseason has been the BEngals. However, I do not thibk they'll saty down. They'll win as soon as Jerry POrter comes back but I doubt they're still a playoff team.

Power Rankings:

1. Kansas City Chiefs
2. Indianapolis Colts
3. Tampa Bay Bucs
4. Seattle Seahawks
5. Minnesota Vikings

Honorable mention: Buffalo, Miami, Denver

Denver gets into the top 5 when they actually beat somebody like the Chiefs on October 5. The next day, is also an even better matchup with Dungy hopefully schooling his former team on a Monday night for everyone to see.

Perfect Stu
09-23-2003, 02:26 PM
STU's Power Rankings

1. Kansas City Chiefs
2. Tampa Bay Buccaneers
3. Indianapolis Colts
4. Denver Broncos
5. Buffalo Bills
6. Seattle Seahawks
7. Tennessee Titans
8. Carolina Panthers
9. Miami Dolphins
10. Minnessota Vikings

Stonecutter
09-23-2003, 06:17 PM
Wow, well, get one thing clear, we DID NOT witness Jake Plummer's coming out party last night, we're watching the fall of the Oakland Empire. And what a fun fall it will be.

That being said, here they are.

Stonecutter's Week 3 Powah Rankings
1) Kansas City - How can they NOT be the #1 team, my god, they're the new Rams
2) Tampa Bay - Rollin Rollin Rollin, keep them doggies rollin
3) Giants - Just you wait. That was one hell of a win on sunday, going on the road after a monday night game is usually a formula for a loss, that was impressive
4) Pittsburgh - Best reciving corps in the league, just keep Maddox healty and the D will do the rest
5) Seattle - Holy Crap, never in a million years did I think they could beat the Marc Bulger led Rams, and they did, my hat goes off to you
6) Tennessee - Stomped the saints
7) Miami - I hate the fins, but they put buffalo in their place

With a good showing next week, Indy makes it at 8, but I still need some convincing. Ditto Denver.

Minnesota doesn't make the list because they've played Chicago, Green Bay and Detroit
Green Bay drops off - Too old, stick a fork in them, but they still stomp my bears

Criticize me for keeping 2 3 and 0 teams off the list, but remember, arizona started 4 and 1 last year.

Perfect Stu
09-23-2003, 09:16 PM
Tennessee > Indy? Would you mind explaining that?

Tennessee barely beat the 'falling Oakland Empire', and then got blown out by the Colts.

:confused:

Stonecutter
09-24-2003, 02:02 AM
I've seen two of their three games (indy and ten) and I just don't believe that the colts are a better team, nor do I believe that week 2 was indicative of either teams true colors. The Colts may be playing better right now, but I figure the Titans to at least play in the AFC championship game, if not win the AFC, I'd be surprised if the Colts win a playoff game and I wouldn't be surprised if they fail to make the playoffs at all.

I know I'm going to get slammed for this next one but here goes.

Payton Manning is the best pure passer in the NFL, but just like the old Elway/Marino argument, McNair's lesser talent doesn't mean he's not the better quarterback. I'd love to see who would put up better numbers if Harrison were on the Titans. The colts obviously have better receivers. James/George is fairly even as far as I'm concerned, for long term James has taken less punishment but for one season (this season) I'd rather have Eddie George. As for the D's, the Titans are still way better at stopping the run than the colts.

The Titans probably don't have the talent to match up against the colts, but they're a better all around team. They're this year's Oakland, old, and they realize the window is closing fast.

Most importantly, we're not going to know who's really better until week 6 or 7. The NFL is so finicky right now that chances are, one of the 3-0 teams will be written off by week 8 and one of the 0-3 teams will be considered playoff contenders. Right now, I'll take the Titans.

You may wonder how I justify having Miami ahead of the colts too, here's how: Wanny is the dumbest coach/manager in pro sports, bar none. Watch them start 7 and 1 and finish 9 and 7 but with that talent they should be able to will themselves into the playoffs and maybe beyond. Rickey Williams and the D are too good to be playing golf in January.

Perfect Stu
09-24-2003, 05:45 PM
Ah, Alright. So you're not really basing your rankings off of the play of each team this year necessarily...just your view of the team and its potential?

mickydaniels
09-24-2003, 05:54 PM
I know I'm going to get slammed for this next one but here goes.

The Titans probably don't have the talent to match up against the colts, but they're a better all around team. They're this year's Oakland, old, and they realize the window is closing fast.

Simply, if the Titans were a better all around team, they would be losing to a team they are better than by a 33-7 margin.

And as for rankings measuring a team's potential, that doesn't make too much sense to me. Who's to say this team or that team won't suffer some crazy injury or injuries that ultimately hurt the team. That's why you just have to go by what's going on now.

As Bill Parcells used to say, "You are what your record says you are."
And it says the Colts are better than the Titans.

Perfect Stu
09-24-2003, 05:58 PM
Simply, if the Titans were a better all around team, they would be losing to a team they are better than by a 33-7 margin.

And as for rankings measuring a team's potential, that doesn't make too much sense to me. Who's to say this team or that team won't suffer some crazy injury or injuries that ultimately hurt the team. That's why you just have to go by what's going on now.

As Bill Parcells used to say, "You are what your record says you are."
And it says the Colts are better than the Titans.

Yeah, I agree with him on that. The Colts really, really spanked the Titans. I guess you may think the Titans are the better overall team or have better potential...but right now the Colts are outplaying them.

MasterMind
09-28-2003, 08:59 PM
How about them Vikings, they're 4-0. Could be 5-0 by the end of next week. They play Atlanta next, and I'm sure the Vikes will be able to beat those guys.

Anyone watch Randy Moss get his 3 TDs? Beautiful...just beautiful. Thats all I look for from him.

Joeiss
09-28-2003, 09:11 PM
Ya, those were three very nice tosses to Moss. And Dante wasn't even playing.

****! I forgot to sub him for Johnson in my pool! nooooooooooo

Stonecutter
09-28-2003, 10:52 PM
Stonecutter's Week 4 Powah Rankings

Generally, I don't post these until Monday night, but even if the packers score 150 points against the bears, they're not on my list, and I'm just going to give the Colts the win right now (it's halftime/3rd quarter as I type)

1) Kansas City - Well, they won without scoring 40 points, I suppose that's a good thing. EDIT: By the way, just how good is Donte Hall?

2) Tampa Bay - I'm not going to drop them just because they didn't play

3) Giants - See Tampa Bay

4) Seattle - See Giants

5) Tennessee - Wow, stepping up big against the Steelers, I didn't get to see the game because someone at CBS thought the Chicago market would prefer the suckfest that was the Washington/New England game but beating Pittsburgh in Pittsburgh is impressive. Especially coming back from down 10-0

6) Indy - Yeahhhhh, ALRIGHT! So maybe they're a good team. There, I said it, they're not “Ok” they're not “decent” they're good, and they're 4-0, happy now stu? They're still not better than the titans.

7) Dolphins - The Giants/Seattle/Tampa Bay rule does not apply to the most hated fins.

8 ) Denver - Well, beating Detroit isn't very impressive, but they are 4-0

9) Carolina – Hmmmm, interesting. These guys could be really good. It might end up being 00' Ravens reprise. Unfortuately for the cats, I think they're offense is actually WORSE than the 00' Ravens, which is really bad. I also doubt their defense is as good, but hey, no one is saying they're going to win the superbowl.

10)Minnesota - *SIGH* I suppose I have to put them in here too. Despite the fact that they've beaten no one of significance, and still won't after they beat Atlanta next week, and will make the playoffs only because they play in the NFL's worst division. Hell, they play in the NFL's 9th best division, despite the noticeable handicap of there only being 8 divisions in the NFL. Yeah, I know they're 4-0, they've beaten the packers, the bears, the lions, and the niners. 3 wins between those 4 teams, and two of the three came against the other members of that 4 team group, and the other win came against the cardinals. Why don't we let the vikings play the Cardinals, Bengals, Chargers and Jaguars so they can be 8-0 and still no damn good. They don't suck per say, but they're no better than a 500 team, and a 500 team should not be #9 in the power rankins, yet...

11) Washington - Do I have to? Here's another team playing way over their heads (me thinks) I doubt they hang around very long. Prove me wrong Skins, prove me wrong.

Dropping off, Pittsburgh, but they're always welcome on Stonecutter's Powah Rankings, so just win next week and we'll forget the fact that they lost to the mighty, mighty titans. Maybe the Rams can make an apperance on here too, just beat someone better than the cardinals and 9ers. It looks like the pieces are there, but it's still questionable. Oh yeah, (S)martz, keep starting Bulger, and keep running the ball. It's really not that hard.

Misc. comments.

Hey, Buffalo, where's your #1 O and #1 D now? Na-na na na-na naaaaaaaaa
Hey, San Francisco, too bad you couldn't play the bears every week. I bet another boring 12-4 season under mooch would look pretty good right now?

Stonecutter
09-28-2003, 11:00 PM
Holy Phuck.

Manning is putting on a show tonight.

Edit:

Hey, Saints

http://frames.free.fr/Images/homer.jpg

55-13 now.

The Germanator
09-28-2003, 11:48 PM
Well, the Eagles and Donovan McNabb actually played pretty well for 3 quarters! :hmm: Of course in typical Eagles fashion they almost blew it in the end, but hey I'll take it. I don't think the Bills are that great a squad considering they couldn't do much against a defense missing 3 pro bowlers in the secondary, but it'll get the birds on the right track. See what happens when you run the ball early and get ahead Mr. Reid? Big one against the Skins next week. Westbrook is my daddy.

Perfect Stu
09-29-2003, 08:32 AM
Psssst

Yeah, you guys

All you NFL quarterbacks...

Yeah I'm talking to you!

Did you watch the game last night?

Did you take notes?

Cause Manning just put on a clinic to benefit you all.

:p

COLTS DOMINATE. MANNING 6 TDs in 3 QUARTERS. WOOOHOOOO!

Professor S
09-29-2003, 08:37 AM
I have this horrible feeling that Manning will end up being the next Dan Marino: A great QB who never wins the big one because the organization won't put a team around him.

Perfect Stu
09-29-2003, 02:35 PM
I have this horrible feeling that Manning will end up being the next Dan Marino: A great QB who never wins the big one because the organization won't put a team around him.

I think the Colts have the second best rated defense this year against some good offenses. They are dominating in all aspects of the game.

Bond
09-29-2003, 04:43 PM
That was an awesome showing by Manning; however the Saints did have a lot of defensive starters out.

http://images.nfl.com/photos/img6682034.jpg

Joeiss
09-29-2003, 07:40 PM
That is a sentence fragment.

It should be : That was an awesome showing by Manning; however the Saints did have a lot of defensive starters out.

or : Although the Saints did have a lot of defensive starters out, that was an awesome showing by Manning.

:unsure:

Bond
09-29-2003, 08:01 PM
Happy?

Joeiss
09-29-2003, 08:08 PM
Very!

Professor S
09-29-2003, 11:40 PM
I think the Colts have the second best rated defense this year against some good offenses. They are dominating in all aspects of the game.

I stand by my initial statement.

mickydaniels
09-30-2003, 09:45 AM
My power rankings:

1. Indianapolis Colts
2. Kansas City Chiefs
3. Carolina Panthers
~~~ They beat the champs, then came off a bye and won a game they could have easily lost.
4. Tampa Bay Buccaneers
5. Tennessee Titans

Honorable Mention:
Denver, Seattle, Minnesota (They move up when their records say they've beaten top teams instead of bums)

Big games:
Denver v. Kansas City
~~~ Are the Broncos for real?
Miami v. NY Giants

Washington v. Phialdelphia
~~~ I don't like the way either team is playing, but this will determine a lot.
Indianapolis v. Tampa Bay
~~~ Mr. Dungy comes in with an improved team to face the one that didn't need him.

The Colts appear to be a dominating team (appearances may not last that long, ask Buffalo) right now, but we'll find out Monday night won't we?
How about them 49ers? Terrell Owens is mad and everyone hates him for it. His truth is just way too much for those guys it appears. Imagine if they lose to Detroit.

Perfect Stu
09-30-2003, 04:31 PM
I stand by my initial statement.

fine with me...I was merely commenting on the subject

RagedHybrid
10-01-2003, 08:36 PM
I'm sorry, but why are you putting down my Dolphins?

I think the Fins will be dominating the AFC East all year. The are some good challenges comming our way (NY doesn't appear to be one of them, they are a good team but i doubt their offensive line can withstand Mia's Def.)

I know what Wanny is not all that great of a coach, but we have a team that can acually recover from his mistakes. (i'm praying we get a new coach)

As for other Teams.

Denver- Overrated. They've played teams that suck (Oakland, i don't know what happened to you)

Eagles-Dn't know whats wrong with ya McNabb, but your ****in up the team.

Patriots- A Sorta decent team who really hasn't gotten it together since their last super bowl run.

Falcons- Without Vick, there are no Falcons

Raiders- Great groups of players but they are just getting older and are not playing like when they are younger. Oakland is starting to remind me of an NFL retirement home.

Colts-I gotta give them props, this team is really kickin some ass right now. But i wanna see how they do against Tampa.

Buccaneers-They've been kickin ass but they can't get coky or they will have another Carolina incident

Vikings-This is a real team. Een without Culpepper they can win game very well. Watch out for these guys.

Cheifs- Very good Team but i want them to face a real challenge.

Ravens- The only good thing on that team is Jamal Lewis. Everything else is....meh

Texans- Beat Miami becuase of stupid plays and Miami was not connecting bt that was luck, as you can tell ;)

Chargers- Looks like another year of dissapointment

Redskins- Those skins are doing alright. Don't think they will last though.

Jets- Fire....Your....Coach!!!!!!

Giants- A team that has very good strengths but will probably make it to the playoffs but not all the way.

Saints- Same as Chargers

If i forgot one, well srry all i can think of ass of now.

Stonecutter
10-01-2003, 10:16 PM
The 2003 vikings are the worst 4-0 team in the history of the NFL, and when they win next week they'll be the worst 5-0 team in the history of the NFL.

Real? Give me a break.

MasterMind
10-02-2003, 02:51 AM
Vikings may not be the best, but they are not the worst 4-0 team in the history of the NFL. It still takes a good team to pull off impressive wins, and they do have a good team.

Wiegraf
10-02-2003, 11:02 AM
I'm sorry, but why are you putting down my Dolphins?

I think the Fins will be dominating the AFC East all year. The are some good challenges comming our way (NY doesn't appear to be one of them, they are a good team but i doubt their offensive line can withstand Mia's Def.)

I know what Wanny is not all that great of a coach, but we have a team that can acually recover from his mistakes. (i'm praying we get a new coach)

As for other Teams.

Denver- Overrated. They've played teams that suck (Oakland, i don't know what happened to you)

Eagles-Dn't know whats wrong with ya McNabb, but your ****in up the team.

Patriots- A Sorta decent team who really hasn't gotten it together since their last super bowl run.

Falcons- Without Vick, there are no Falcons

Raiders- Great groups of players but they are just getting older and are not playing like when they are younger. Oakland is starting to remind me of an NFL retirement home.

Colts-I gotta give them props, this team is really kickin some ass right now. But i wanna see how they do against Tampa.

Buccaneers-They've been kickin ass but they can't get coky or they will have another Carolina incident

Vikings-This is a real team. Een without Culpepper they can win game very well. Watch out for these guys.

Cheifs- Very good Team but i want them to face a real challenge.

Ravens- The only good thing on that team is Jamal Lewis. Everything else is....meh

Texans- Beat Miami becuase of stupid plays and Miami was not connecting bt that was luck, as you can tell ;)

Chargers- Looks like another year of dissapointment

Redskins- Those skins are doing alright. Don't think they will last though.

Jets- Fire....Your....Coach!!!!!!

Giants- A team that has very good strengths but will probably make it to the playoffs but not all the way.

Saints- Same as Chargers

If i forgot one, well srry all i can think of ass of now.
Denver is 4-0 without playing well...even in their 31-10 domination of Oakland they did not play a complete game with everyone in the game. Before you give me the "they almost lost to Detroit" arguement, realize that the game was an obvious trap, coming between two highly emotional and important games against divisional opponents. Although Denver hasn't played great, Jake Plummer has looked calm and much better than he did in Arizona, and Clinton Portis has been unstoppable in limited action.

I know I'm biased in making this statement, before you call me on that. But if you don't believe me, I'm thinking you will be at about 2:00 Mountain time on Sunday when the Kansas City Chiefs lick their wounds from loss 1 of their 2003-2004 season.

Bond
10-03-2003, 06:04 PM
Welcome to the forums Wiegraf. :)

The Chiefs/Broncos game will be really good. I also would have to say the Broncos will pull it out. But it will be close.

Bond
10-05-2003, 03:58 PM
Wooooooooooo! Packers win! 35-13.

If we can beat the Chiefs next week... some great things may be starting.

Jonbo298
10-05-2003, 04:27 PM
God damn. The Raiders lost to the Bears. God. Thats wrong. What happened to the Raiders.:shakehead:

Stonecutter
10-05-2003, 10:54 PM
God damn. The Raiders lost to the Bears. God. Thats wrong. What happened to the Raiders.:shakehead:
BAHHHHHHHHHHHHH HA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Oh yeah.....

CUBS WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wiegraf
10-06-2003, 10:04 AM
Welcome to the forums Wiegraf. :)

The Chiefs/Broncos game will be really good. I also would have to say the Broncos will pull it out. But it will be close.
Thank you Bond. :D

As far as the Broncos\Chiefs game goes...it's easier to run back a punt when the last two guys who have a shot at tackling you get taken out by an illegal block in the back. This may seem like I'm just mad that my team lost, but If you've seen the replay, you know what I'm talking about.

Ah, but what the hell. The good thing about this game is that it was a classic, and since they're divisional opponents we'll see another one, later this year.

But on a non-Broncos note, I have to say that it looks like Green Bay has turned it around--Seattle has a young athletic defense and Favre just shredded it. And Dallas, suprisingly, looks like a possible playoff contender in the up-for-grabs NFC East.

Well, no matter what happens, this looks like a very entertaining season.

The Germanator
10-06-2003, 12:52 PM
I'm still not a believer in the Cowboys. Their only quality win came against the Giants who basically gave them that game anyway...I think the Eagles will knock them down a notch in the division as the Eagles try to climb back to the top themselves.

ZebraRampage
10-06-2003, 01:43 PM
I'm still not a believer in the Cowboys. Their only quality win came against the Giants who basically gave them that game anyway...I think the Eagles will knock them down a notch in the division as the Eagles try to climb back to the top themselves.

I was really disappointed with the Eagles yesterday...they could have lost at the end of the game for the second week in a row. I guess it's the young secondary....I just hope things get better, they're coming back. I agree that they'll beat the Cowboys as well.

Stonecutter
10-06-2003, 09:54 PM
Agreed, but they're still not as overated as the Vikings.

New Powah Rankings sometime this week.

Wiegraf
10-07-2003, 11:39 AM
Well, Im gonna come with my power rankings, for the top teams in the league..I am bored, so might as well bust these out.

1) Indianapolis Colts--Comeback win vs Tampa sealed it, although the call they won it on was bogus.
2) Tampa Bay Buccaneers--They still are one of the best teams despite 2 losses--expect them to come back hungry.
3) Kansas City Chiefs--Since they beat Denver "fair and square" (<cough>CLIP!<cough>) they take this spot, tho I think they'll have trouble in Green Bay.
4) Denver Broncos--The Vikings are overrated and the Broncos did nearly go into KC and win, so there you go. Denver will have tests tho, with Pittsburgh this week and Minnesota the next.
5) Carolina Panthers--Suprised? Dont be. This team can run the football, has an athletic defense, and is starting to really learn how to win. They're a tough draw for anyone.

the rest of the top 10:

6) Miami Dolphins
7) Minnesota Vikings
8) Tennessee Titans
9) Buffalo Bills
10) Philadelphia Eagles

The Germanator
10-07-2003, 12:06 PM
Wow, that game last night was ridiculous! I don't care if the Bucs cry about that "leaping" penalty, they deserve to lose if they can't hold a 21 point lead with 4 minutes to go. I guess the vaunted D can only play 56 minutes...Manning and Harrison just picked them apart, great stuff.

And Wiegraf, just a quick question about your rankings...How do you have the Bills above the Eagles, when the Eagles just beat the Bills last week and the Bills can barely beat the Bengals? Just curious.

Perfect Stu
10-07-2003, 03:11 PM
OMG

That was one of the greatest games I've ever witnessed in sports. I can't believe that the Colts had the composure to remain calm and attack on all cyllinders when the TB defense started to get tired. Peyton definately showed that he can take on ANY defense in the NFL. Marvin Harrison made ME-Shawn Johnson look like a boob on national TV. Keyshawn trash talks Marvin in the first half, and by the time the game was coming to an end, Harrison had like 11 catches for 175+ yards and 2 TDs. Where was Meshawn? Sitting in the locker room with a boo-boo. Apparently Mike Doss gave him a horrible blow to the ovaries :lol:

All the Manning haters and doubters out there, a meal is on your way:

http://www.cs.berkeley.edu/~ravenben/bengifs/crow.gif

Eat it :p :lol:

5-0 baby...on top of the NFL and picking up steam...GO COLTS

kudos to
-Tony "Pure Class" Dungy
-Peyton "Touchdown" Manning
-"Starvin" Marvin Harrison
-The "DUNGY-eon" Defense
-Our "3-headed" backfield
-Reggie "Wheeled in another one" Wayne

GET CRUNKED.

http://www.team-blankets.com/nfl/images/indianapoliscolts.jpg

Wiegraf
10-10-2003, 01:32 AM
Well, the Bills did destroy the Pats, who killed the Eagles..and I was kinda going off of injuries. The Eagles were seriously banged up early and they're still having problems in the defensive secondary, which is normally rock solid for them. At the same time, at the time of the rankings I didnt know Moulds would be out for the Bills, which drops them out of the top 10. So sorry if you didnt understand my logic.

The Germanator
10-10-2003, 12:27 PM
That's cool, as long as you can explain why your rank them as such, it doesn't matter to me...yeah, the Eagles still have a bunch of injurie problems. I think Vincent is coming back this week, and considering the Cowboys have pretty good receivers, that should help. I'll feel about 10 times better once Dawkins gets back inot the mix, he's gotta be our defensive MVP...I actually had an eerie dream last night that the Eagles lost 2-0 to the Cowboys, that would be disgusting.

Stonecutter
10-10-2003, 05:13 PM
I'm doing this a little different this week, because it's becoming painfully obvious that there are actually very few good teams.

Level 1 teams
1)Kansas City
1a)Indy
2)Tampa Bay

Level 2 Teams
1)Tennessee
2)Carolina
3)Denver
4)Giants

Level 3 Teams
1)Seattle
2)Miami
3)Minnesota - *SIGH* I suppose I have to put them in here too. Despite the fact that they've beaten no one of significance, and will make the playoffs only because they play in the NFL's worst division. Hell, they play in the NFL's 9th best division, despite the noticeable handicap of there only being 8 divisions in the NFL. Yeah, I know they're 5-0, they've beaten the packers, the bears, the lions, the falcons and the niners. 7 wins between those 5 teams, and four of the seven came against the other members of that 5 team group, and two other wins came against the cardinals and raiders. Why don't we let the vikings play the Cardinals, Bengals, Chargers and Jaguars so they can be 9-0 and still no damn good. They don't suck per say, but they're no better than a 500 team, and a 500 team should not be in the power rankins, yet...

Perfect Stu
10-10-2003, 06:19 PM
1) Indianapolis
2) Kansas City
3) Tampa Bay
4) Carolina
5) Denver
6) Miami
7) Tennessee
8) Minnessota
9) Seattle
10) Ahman Green :p

Stonecutter
10-11-2003, 04:35 PM
By the way....

Though I have been sporting the KC Chiefs Chubby all season long, I'm calling the Packers upset right now.

The Germanator
10-11-2003, 05:01 PM
I'm not sure it'd be an upset. I think Vegas has the Pack -2.

Stonecutter
10-11-2003, 08:01 PM
Right, which means that the Chiefs are the favorite by 1.

Home team autmaticly gets 3 points on every line.

Professor S
10-11-2003, 08:12 PM
Alll I know is that the Cowboys and Eagles are playing for 1st place in the NFC East tomorrow. Man, its been a long time since an Eagels/Cowboys game meant something. I'm loving it and can't wait for the game tomorrow.

The Germanator
10-12-2003, 12:40 AM
Right, which means that the Chiefs are the favorite by 1.

Home team autmaticly gets 3 points on every line.

Then I still wouldn't call anything by 1 point much of an upset... I suppose you can in all technicallity call it that, but it could go either way from the start :unsure: I don't even know what I'm talking about....whatever, I'm taking the Pack too

And yes, go Eagles! Quincy gonna be messsed up.

The Germanator
10-12-2003, 04:19 PM
Sorry to double post, but the Eagles sucking deserves it. I like the onsides kick 3 years ago Andy, but not again....Donovan, you're supposed to throw it to the guys, ya know, so they can catch it. A mediocre Cowboys team is 4-1 and leads the East by 2 games, ridiculous.

Bond
10-12-2003, 05:05 PM
So, who is in favor of changing the overtime rules?

Professor S
10-12-2003, 05:33 PM
LOL!!!

I feel so bad for Ahman Green. He had such a great game until that fumble.

The Germanator
10-12-2003, 10:30 PM

To what new format? Both teams got their chances in the Pack/KC game...the Pack fumbled their chance away.

Stonecutter
10-13-2003, 12:22 PM
I am!

But not because of that game.

Pack lose, and they deserved to. I didn't see much of the game, but they lead 14-0 and 31-14 (I think) you blow those leads twice and you deserve everything you get.

I didn't want to bet against Favre in GB, which is why I called the upset. What I forget was that the pack just isn't very good this year.

mickydaniels
10-15-2003, 07:42 AM

Absolutely not.
Football is a team game and if you have any weak spots on your team, and another team can take advantage of it, then you deserve to lose. The college system is horrible because you leave out the impact that special teams has on a game. If your defense can't stop anyone, especially when they know they must stop you now, you deserve to lose.

NYGiant
10-18-2003, 11:25 AM
NFL overtime rule does suck. both teams should get the ball

mickydaniels
10-18-2003, 11:28 AM
NFL overtime rule does suck. both teams should get the ball

So that it could be like that crappy college system?
It's a team game, and every part of your team has to be responsible and do their part to win. If you know you have to stop a team right now to win, then you do it.
So many seem to forget that teams with the best offenses don't win championships that often.

Bond
10-18-2003, 11:54 AM
I was joking about actually changing the rules of overtime...

Perfect Stu
10-18-2003, 12:02 PM
So you think you can stone me and spit in my eye
So you think you can love me and leave me to die
Oh baby - can't do this to me baby
Just gotta get out - just gotta get right outta here

:guitar: :drum: :guitar:

Nothing really matters,

Anyone can see...

Nothing really matters

Nothing really matters, to meeeEEEeeeEe

Stonecutter
10-18-2003, 03:08 PM
The college overtime system is WAY better than the NFL overtime system.

IMO Overtime should just be the "5th quarter" play another 15 minutes of football and then if it's still tied go to sudden death.

The Germanator
10-20-2003, 11:49 AM
Wow, the Eagles won one of the ugliest games I've ever seen....Thank goodness for Brian Westbrook. How Andy Reid can keep playing an obviously injured and struggling McNabb is beyond me. I'd vote for Koy to start against the Jets sunday.

Classic Rocker
10-20-2003, 04:35 PM
The Jets..they lucked out against houston. woohu 2-5..we're making a comeback!

Perfect Stu
10-20-2003, 05:30 PM
the NFC is the most screwed up conference I've ever seen this year....

Stonecutter
10-20-2003, 09:50 PM
the NFC is the most screwed up conference I've ever seen this year....
I was thinking the exact same thing. The NFC is so awful. Seattle, Dallas, Minnesota, Carolina. 3 5-1 and one 6-0 team and I'm not convinced that any of them are any damn good (maybe Carolina). I don't for a second believe that any of those 4 teams are better than the 4-3 Tampa Bay Bucs.

Perfect Stu
10-20-2003, 11:08 PM
I was thinking the exact same thing. The NFC is so awful. Seattle, Dallas, Minnesota, Carolina. 3 5-1 and one 6-0 team and I'm not convinced that any of them are any damn good (maybe Carolina). I don't for a second believe that any of those 4 teams are better than the 4-3 Tampa Bay Bucs.

The Bucs are 3-3 :eek:

"The best stories in the NFL are in the NFC, and the NFC is on Fox"

:lol:

AFC>NFC, for the second straight year IMO. This year the gap widened insanely though.

Stonecutter
10-21-2003, 01:16 AM
The Bucs are 3-3

Six of one...

Stonecutter
10-21-2003, 10:20 PM
Powah Rankings week whatever.

1 KC
2 IND
3 MIN (congratulations on improving to 1-0 on the season)
4 TEN
5 CAR

That's it folks.

The Germanator
11-11-2003, 12:26 AM
Good, but ugly game. Go Eagles... :)

PureEvil
11-11-2003, 12:40 AM
I love me the Texans, but they keep getting the sh*t kicked out of them by everyone.

Why must I like such a loser team? I may never know...

:distress:

Houston Texans: Super Bowl XXXXXXIV Champions. Even that's kind of a longshot... :unsure:

Professor S
11-11-2003, 08:12 AM
How the Eagles continue to win I have no idea. But as long as they keep doing it, I have no problems with it. :D

Bond
11-11-2003, 04:57 PM
Gah... if Brett Favre wasn't Brett Favre I really think he wouldn't be playing with his injury. Oh well...

Jason1
11-11-2003, 07:25 PM
I think the 3-6 Steelers will win out and still make the playoffs. Actually, they wouldnt have to win out to win their division, (the weakest in football)

Stonecutter
11-16-2003, 07:29 PM
What's that? FOUR losses in a row for the Vikings?

*dances*

Told you so :P :)

Mike Tice=Meathead

Bond
11-16-2003, 07:51 PM
What's that? FOUR losses in a row for the Vikings?

*dances*

Told you so :P :)

Mike Tice=Meathead
:smoking:

We're within one game of those meatheads now.

Perfect Stu
11-16-2003, 08:16 PM
hehehehe...the Bucs lose again.

Two of my close family friends were down in Tampa to see that game today (they're brothers...and one's a huge Bucs fan, the other's a huge Packers fan) and I was happy to see the Packers win.

Colts special teams coverage and run defense was laughable, but Manning and Edge absolutely dominated. 8-2, GO COLTS

Professor S
11-16-2003, 08:32 PM
Its funny how the Eagles are 7-3 and this is the first game they played when they actually looked good. They might be peaking at just the right time. :D

Bond
11-16-2003, 08:39 PM
From earlier this season:
I've always been a Donovan McNabb supporter, but I'm not anymore.

You just have to love Philly fans... ;)

The Germanator
11-16-2003, 10:16 PM
I'm a supporter of Donovan McNabb when his thumb isn't messed up, which I don't think it is anymore. The guy is a winner even under bad situations. And I agree, the Eagles have yet to play their best games and they may very well be tied for the division lead by the end of the day...Pats up 9-0 at halftime. :)

Professor S
11-16-2003, 11:05 PM
From earlier this season:

You just have to love Philly fans... ;)

Hey, I never said I wasn't an Eagles fan, I just said I wasn't a supporter of Donovan's anymore. I bleed green and always have. While he played well today, he has sucked royally for most of the season. He still hasn't proven to be consistent and until he does I don't think the Eagles will win a championship. Now hopefully this will be the turning point. I've haven't seen his throw that well since he broke his leg last year, and its the second best passing performance of his career IMO. Will he continue to do well next week? Only time will tell.

BTW, I would like to thank Brett Favre for handing us the game last week. He rules :D

Stonecutter
11-17-2003, 03:39 AM
I love how, in the NFL, the more things change, the more they stay the same.

Middle of november:
Dolpins are falling apart.
New Orleans is doing their usual "play half a season" thing (though, for the first time, they picked the RIGHT half.
Team that lost the superbowl is one of the worst in the league, team that won the superbowl is just barely hanging on.
Packers...... lurking, always, always lurking.
Vikings..... let the slide out of the playoffs begin.
Tennessee, indy, denver, miami (yes, still falling apart) fight for three playoff spots, while either Cincinnati, Baltimore, Pittsburg or Cleveland is guarenteed one.
Detroit, Arizona and Chicago still all suck and have no sense of direction in the front office or on the field.
The undefeated fall before 16-0.
And Tampa Bay has still never returned a Kickoff for a Touchdown.

Jason1
11-18-2003, 08:15 PM
either Cincinnati, Baltimore, Pittsburg or Cleveland is guarenteed one.

And lets hope its pittsburgh...although none of those teams will deserve it...

Alex
11-30-2003, 11:28 AM
Big game for my Pats today, taking on the Colts. Depending on how the Titans do today, this game will decide who is second to only the Chiefs in the NFL.

This game will go well either way for New England. If they get blown out they'll finally see that only playing on-par with the other team will not win the big games. However, if they win, it'll give them a lot of confidence going into play the lowely Dolphins, in December no less, with a record of 10-2.

Deciding Factors:

- Ty and the boys shut down Marvin.
- Patriots establish the running game early.
- Manning goes deep again and again.
- Shut down Edge.

Score Prediction:

NE - 27
IND - 25

ZebraRampage
11-30-2003, 08:35 PM
So what who do you guys predict will make it to the playoffs? And how? (division leader, wild card)

NFC:
East - Philadelphia
North - Not sure whether it will be Minnesota or Green Bay, but it seems like Green Bay has an easier schedule for the rest of the season.
South - Carolina
West - St. Louis
Wild Card - Dallas
Wild Card - Seattle

AFC:
East - New England
North - Baltimore
South - Indianapolis
West - Chiefs
Wild Card: Tennessee
Wild Card: Miami

I'm not sure about my decision between the Philadelphia and Dallas, Indianapolis and Tennessee though.

The Germanator
12-01-2003, 12:18 PM
I think the Eagles will beat Dallas next week and take a two game lead with only 3 weeks to go and that will about wrap it up. Dallas beat us when we were still sturggling back in week 6 or whenever that was, but I don't think Dallas can handle a surging Eagles team right now...

Perfect Stu
12-01-2003, 08:40 PM
Holy shikies....what a game (NE@IND)

Too bad we lost....one yard short...but it was an amazing game.

Bring on Tennessee!

Professor S
12-01-2003, 09:28 PM
Holy shikies....what a game (NE@IND)

Too bad we lost....one yard short...but it was an amazing game.

Bring on Tennessee!

Stu, aren't you a little pissed about the play calling on those last 4 plays? Tey had 4 cracks at it and took 3 of them at TED WASHINGTON... A 400 POUND MONSTER?

WITH A SMALL EDGERIN (sp?) JAMES???

I just wanted to SCREAM.

Stonecutter
12-01-2003, 09:29 PM
BA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

Vikings SUCK!

Bond
12-01-2003, 09:33 PM
BA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

Vikings SUCK!
:banana:

ZebraRampage
12-01-2003, 10:46 PM

Ha, I'm thinking that your Packers will make it, because the Vikings really do suck now.

Bond
12-02-2003, 06:02 PM
Ha, I'm thinking that your Packers will make it, because the Vikings really do suck now.

Perfect Stu
12-02-2003, 06:23 PM
yeah, the Vikes suck...but so do the Packers

the NFC North is a joke division...even the AFC North laughs at them

And Strangler...I was pissed at the playcalling...but Edgerrin has been a monster in the redzone over the past few weeks. Problem is, we didn't have our goaline offense...everyone was hurt. So the offensive coordinator blew it with the playcalling...we should have run play-action.

Bond
12-02-2003, 06:46 PM
A .500 team does not suck. A .500 team is average. :)

ZebraRampage
12-02-2003, 07:36 PM

And Strangler...I was pissed at the playcalling...but Edgerrin has been a monster in the redzone over the past few weeks. Problem is, we didn't have our goaline offense...everyone was hurt. So the offensive coordinator blew it with the playcalling...we should have run play-action.

Yeah, they both do, but the Packers are doing better right now, and they have an easier schedule for the rest of the season than the Vikings..so, that's why I pick them. But anything can happen.

Stonecutter
12-02-2003, 08:15 PM

It sure is.

It's so sad, they're actually people in chicago who are saying that the bears will win this division. Funny thing is, if they win out, they probably will, and if they beat the packers on sunday (yeah right) they probably will, they won't lose to minnesota, they won't lose to washington, and the chiefs will probably rest their starters the final game.

But I'm convinced. Pats win the superbowl. 6 wins vs teams with winning recoards, compared to the titans, chiefs and colts who each have 2.

Perfect Stu
12-02-2003, 08:59 PM
A .500 team does not suck. A .500 team is average. :)

generally speaking, yes...

but the Packers suck...I'm sorry. They've lost to Arizona and Detroit this year...being .500 in the NFC North is crap. I wanted the Packers and Brett Favre to do well this year, too...but man...

Sad thing is, the Packers runblocking is fantastic. Every one of their feature backs average over 5 yards per carry...and they still can't win on a consistent basis.

Alex
12-03-2003, 04:42 PM
They've lost to Arizona and Detroit this year...being .500 in the NFC North is crap.Very true.

The NFC is a terrible conference, the NFC North is a terrible division. Being a mere .500 against those teams means you do "suck."

The offensive line is very good, as is the run-game. But the passing is just terrible. Favre is not only working through injuries, but his recievers are not making matters any better. They need to sit back, look at their current situation and make some changes and evaluate the team. If they were all on the same page and had all of their primeire players playing (say that three times fast) well, they'd be in the race for NFC North's division lead.

The Germanator
12-03-2003, 04:56 PM
I'm glad that the NFC sucks this year for the Eagles sake. If the Eagles get the top seed, I'm not really concerned about any of the teams in the playoff hunt coming to Philly and beating them. I even think that the Eagles could go to St. Louis if need be. The AFC is a good conference, but the if the Eagles make it to the big show, they only have to play one game, so it doesn't matter all that how good the league has been...

Bond
12-03-2003, 06:58 PM
generally speaking, yes...

but the Packers suck...I'm sorry. They've lost to Arizona and Detroit this year...being .500 in the NFC North is crap. I wanted the Packers and Brett Favre to do well this year, too...but man...

Sad thing is, the Packers runblocking is fantastic. Every one of their feature backs average over 5 yards per carry...and they still can't win on a consistent basis.
You just don't "feel" the excitement here...

ZebraRampage
12-03-2003, 08:46 PM
You just don't "feel" the excitement here...

Don't worry Bond, we understand that you can't accept that the Packers suck. We know that you know that they do.

ZebraRampage
12-07-2003, 07:16 PM
Another Double post. :-\

What about them Eagles. The Cowboys got raped. And it looks like Indianapolis beat Tennessee, close.. And right now Denver is kicking Kansas City's ass 45-21. This has been a good week of football.

Stonecutter
12-07-2003, 07:40 PM
Though a big rams win could change things, here's some ranking's for ya'll:

1)New England
2)Philadelphia
3)Kansas City
4)Indy
5)Tennessee
6)St Louis
7)Baltimore

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
There's your good teams, everyone else is crap.

Perfect Stu
12-14-2003, 12:35 PM
The playoff picture is beginning to look a LITTLE clearer, and certainly clearer as each game passes.

AFC teams

-New England
-Kansas City
-Indianapolis
-Baltimore
-Tennesee

ON THE BUBBLE

-Denver
-Miami
-Cincy

NFC teams

-Philly
-St. Louis
-Carolina

ON THE BUBBLE

-Minnessota
-Seattle
-Dallas
-Green Bay

MVP CONSIDERATION

-Peyton Manning
-Steve McNair
-Ray Lewis
-Jon Kitna (yep, you heard me)

DEVENSIVE MVP

Ray Lewis :p

Jonbo298
12-14-2003, 12:55 PM
KC all the way:D

The Germanator
12-16-2003, 04:36 PM
I only have a few things to say...

E-A-G-L-E-S...Eagles!

9 and counting...I'll see ya'll in Houston. :)

Perfect Stu
12-16-2003, 09:25 PM
whoever the NFC team faces in the SuperBowl...they're going down.

New England, Indianapolis, Kansas City, Tennessee (with healthy McNair) > NFC

The Germanator
12-16-2003, 10:03 PM
whoever the NFC team faces in the SuperBowl...they're going down.

New England, Indianapolis, Kansas City, Tennessee (with healthy McNair) > NFC

I don't understand this point at all. How many games would the NFC champion have to play against an AFC team to win the Super Bowl? That's right, one. How many AFC teams would an AFC team have to face to win the SuperBowl? 2-3...Hence, making their road to the Super Bowl tougher and more draining to that team who ends up making it there. It's not like it's the difference between the Eastern and Western conferences in the NBA. I think the Rams and Eagles would both have very good chances of beating any one of those teams you mentioned. If anybody OTHER than the Rams or Eagles makes it, I would probably agree with you...But again, the Super Bowl is just one game, it doesn't matter what the hell the conference as a whole has done throughout the season, it comes down to Super Sunday.

Perfect Stu
12-17-2003, 06:18 AM
I don't understand this point at all. How many games would the NFC champion have to play against an AFC team to win the Super Bowl? That's right, one. How many AFC teams would an AFC team have to face to win the SuperBowl? 2-3...Hence, making their road to the Super Bowl tougher and more draining to that team who ends up making it there. It's not like it's the difference between the Eastern and Western conferences in the NBA. I think the Rams and Eagles would both have very good chances of beating any one of those teams you mentioned. If anybody OTHER than the Rams or Eagles makes it, I would probably agree with you...But again, the Super Bowl is just one game, it doesn't matter what the hell the conference as a whole has done throughout the season, it comes down to Super Sunday.

you're right in that there ARE no guaruntees...but the AFC teams I mentioned are all better overall teams than anyone in the NFC. Teams like New England, Indy and Tennessee always find ways to win...I just don't see that from the Rams, and to a lesser extent, the Eagles.

mickydaniels
12-17-2003, 08:19 AM
The best team is clearly the Patriots, and every other team seems to have some major, major weakness, even the Patriots. Philadelphia and St. Louis are the 2 best teams in the NFC, but they are NOWHERE, absolutely NOWHERE as good as they were a few years ago.
All the top 4 AFC teams are way better than the NFC guys.

It should be a coin flip between the Colts and Pats to face the Rams or Eagles.

The Germanator
12-17-2003, 12:01 PM
I agree mickey. I find it very funny that this is clearly the WORST of the Eagles teams' the past 3 years, but it also is the team with the best chance of going to the Super Bowl... I mean, usually a team loses 72% of the time when they give up a 100 yard rusher, the Eagles have done that for 6 straight weeks and have won all 6 games...The NFL works in mysterious ways.

Professor S
12-19-2003, 04:23 PM
While I think that talent wise the Eagles aren't as good as they were last year, they are a better TEAM. The offense is just a machine that no one can stop because you can't key on anyone. The defense is ripped to shreds by injury but they have decided to ignore the run because their opponent is going to have to out score them to win the game.

I can't even imagine how good this team would be if their defense was 100%. When they were healthy in the beginning of the year the Eagles were #1 against the run.

The Germanator
12-28-2003, 04:23 PM
Thank you Detroit Lions for handing the Eagles home field adavantage. See ya at the Linc. :D

RagedHybrid
12-28-2003, 06:14 PM
Wel another bad season for teh Dolphins....... At least were gonna fire Wanny :)