PDA

View Full Version : The Bible Code

Rndm_Perfection
09-05-2003, 09:43 PM
I've gotten obsessed with this forum *shakes a fist*. And there are so many other things I could be doing right now.

Aanywho, the Bible Code... I'm not going to do much research right now, just lay down the basics. So, it was a book written by <insert author here>. It translates code from what I "remember" was Hebrew (I could be wrong, like usual), from ancient holy scripts (possibly even the bible itself). Basically, it's like a word search puzzle where words can be found by crossing certain letters. The tricky part is, though, that names are innacurate due to translation, and it's hard to know where to look!

So far, the <author> has found that the book tells of future events! (and some that has happened already, like World War II). These are ancient texts, and I'm not going to believe that they are at all a hoax, due to the fact that they predicted an assassination before it happened. (find details elsewhere)

Other "recent" findings deal with the election of George Bush. The guy who translated it found the word names Bush and Gore, I believe. It said that both had won... so he thought the book meant George Bush senior won, and Gore won as vice president. However, after seeing the last elections and Florida's miss-hap, he found out that both the Jr. Bush and Gore had been declared the winner by many. (Bush by the electoral, and Gore by the popular)

More events found described the two towers incident, Osama going into hiding, a third anti-christ (Napoleon as #1, and Hitler as #2, and the "King of Mesopotamia" as #3 [I think that is how he was described] who can most likely be Saddam [his code name was Mabus, which... when mirrored, looks like Sudam]), and great disaster in 2006.

I'm not going to talk much about the Anti-Christs right now... but rather focus on the disasters it says are to come. It men holocaust, splitting of earth, and quite possibly the apocalypse *sp*.However, it also mentioned life/events after 2006.

To sum up my thoughts, the Bible Code is making me a semi-believer... who else believes that the Bible Code may be correct, whether or not there is a god (even though the bible code being accurate would give great hints to proof of a god, the God)

Oh yeah, one last thing was talking about how aliens sent DNA to Earth O_o, and that the vessel keeping DNA is deep in a sea, unrusted. That would be a miracle, I guess... because it should have rusted (but that would be explained by the super high salt content in that "dead sea"). Another oddity is that it suggest cloning, which is the creation of more life... yet religious groups frown upon cloning.

I'm going to smile a very, very big grin if this is true and I'm dying in 2006. No matter where I'd go... if I'd live, go to some after life, or whatever... at least there'd be some closure.

Enough rambling though, your thoughts?

Vampyr
09-05-2003, 09:48 PM
Extremely interesing, random.

I believe I have heard of this before, somewhere. I also remember something about when the Roman Catholic Church has successfully had like 43 or 46 popes, the world will end.

I also heard something that the final anti christ will actually be the first of his kind, and it mentioned something to the affect that he would be a clone. So if they clone a human, and he is the first, than watch out.

Rndm_Perfection
09-05-2003, 10:03 PM
Extremely interesing, random.

I believe I have heard of this before, somewhere. I also remember something about when the Roman Catholic Church has successfully had like 43 or 46 popes, the world will end.

I also heard something that the final anti christ will actually be the first of his kind, and it mentioned something to the affect that he would be a clone. So if they clone a human, and he is the first, than watch out.

Hey, I noticed a few very cool things in your reply.

1) 43 or 46? Try 42! I just made a post about the number 42... and maybe that is it. Why? Because 42 has been "proven" the number of the universe. Oh yeah, what number are they at?

2) I don't care about the "definition" of the Anti-Christ, but I'd have a feeling that the final one would bring upon great (as in massive, not good) change upon the world we live in. And if somehow that little alien contraption in the Dead Sea has antyhing to do with the survival of mankind (gah, this is getting really "out there"), then the first cloned would be the first of a "new race". Whether he'd grow up and finish off mankind with an iron fist... or he'd start a new cloned race of humans on another planet and then mess with their religion.

Pretty interesting, even if it may not be remotely accurate.

Dylflon
09-05-2003, 10:17 PM
Bah. Remember when all of the religious figure heads said that the world would end on the year 2000? Do you think maybe the author is making this stuff up?

If he's not; i'm frightened.

Rndm_Perfection
09-05-2003, 10:25 PM
Bah. Remember when all of the religious figure heads said that the world would end on the year 2000? Do you think maybe the author is making this stuff up?

If he's not; i'm frightened.

Well, the author is not religious (or at least wasn't until he found the guy assassinated and saw the events take place on September 11th). What gets me is that the guy who was assassinated was warned by the author before hand, in secret.

The difference with the religious people... is just that; they are people, not person... and they are religious. Those two factors can easily lead to fanatacism. Heh, didn't Nike have something to do with suicides? Oh well.

Mechadragon
09-05-2003, 11:48 PM
Very interesting, can I get a link or something?

Joeiss
09-05-2003, 11:59 PM
Hey, I saw a whole show on this like a year and a half ago. It was very interesting. It was like some Russian or East European guy who was warned about his assassination. It's very cool stuff.

Xantar
09-06-2003, 01:39 AM
Too bad nobody with any serious background in science or religion believes the Bible Code. It's been discredited for years.

The author of the Bible Code is essentially creating his own prophecies. With any work of reasonable length, if you apply enough patterns and algorithms into it (and use a little creative interpretation), you can arrange the letters to say anything.

The author once responded to the criticism by saying, "When my critics find a message about the assassination of a prime minister encrypted in Moby Dick, I'll believe them."

Well, guess what? A group of mathematicians did just that. They were able find stuff about the assassinations of Indira Gandhi, both Kennedys, Martin Luther King Jr. and Yitzhak Rabin among others.

You can find all that stuff in the following link.

http://cs.anu.edu.au/~bdm/dilugim/moby.html

I don't think anybody is going to try to argue that Moby Dick was a prophetic text. But even if you do, it doesn't matter. You could do this with just about any work. Hell, you could probably find some stuff in my fan fiction. If you're willing to stretch a bit, you will find something. But then you're just generating your own prophecies.

Sorry, folks. The Bible Code is a hoax. You would probably be better off just praying for your answers.

Rndm_Perfection
09-06-2003, 10:44 AM
Well, guess what? A group of mathematicians did just that. They were able find stuff about the assassinations of Indira Gandhi, both Kennedys, Martin Luther King Jr. and Yitzhak Rabin among others.

:lol: Very funny piece of information.

Professor S
09-06-2003, 10:49 PM
Too bad nobody with any serious background in science or religion believes the Bible Code. It's been discredited for years.

The author of the Bible Code is essentially creating his own prophecies. With any work of reasonable length, if you apply enough patterns and algorithms into it (and use a little creative interpretation), you can arrange the letters to say anything.

The author once responded to the criticism by saying, "When my critics find a message about the assassination of a prime minister encrypted in Moby Dick, I'll believe them."

You can find all that stuff in the following link.

http://cs.anu.edu.au/~bdm/dilugim/moby.html

I don't think anybody is going to try to argue that Moby Dick was a prophetic text. But even if you do, it doesn't matter. You could do this with just about any work. Hell, you could probably find some stuff in my fan fiction. If you're willing to stretch a bit, you will find something. But then you're just generating your own prophecies.

Sorry, folks. The Bible Code is a hoax. You would probably be better off just praying for your answers.

Where the hell do you find this stuff? You Swarthmorians are a weird people. I think lack of football has perverted your brains. (Sorry, but its been a long time since I did that :D )

Xantar
09-07-2003, 12:46 AM
Where the hell do you find this stuff? You Swarthmorians are a weird people. I think lack of football has perverted your brains. (Sorry, but its been a long time since I did that :D )

Oh yeah? Well you...

You write like a girl!

*runs away from The Strangler and jumps into a trash can*

Actually, I just remembered reading somewhere that somebody had applied the Bible Code to Moby Dick and then did a Google search for it. Yeah, it's one of those things we Swarthmore people do. Read. :D

jeepnut
09-07-2003, 02:35 PM
Haven't seen the trash can in a while. Good to see it's still doing ok.